Mellow Mushroom Employee Reviews

productive
Server (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 25, 2017
I am a very hard working whom always goes above and beyond my job description. I love working with people. I am looking to further myself and my knowledge.
Fun and great place to learn the industry
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 25, 2017
Had a tremendous experience working for Mellow, first off the owner was very supportive and available, my first GM was a bust but the next guy that was brought in was one of my favorite people I've ever worked with and it was great continuing education in how to run a successful bar.
Great Food, Fun Style, Laid back environment
Bar Manager/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 24, 2017
It was an amazing environment to work. I loved the atmosphere, patrons, and co-workers. I would highly recommend it to anyone as a place to relax ans enjoy good food as well as a exciting high paced environment to work.
Pros
1/2 off menu
benefits
It's a nice restaurant but prefer different job
Server (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 20, 2017
It's fun working at mellow mushroom from time to time, other times it can be stressful especially when the restaurant is packed but I try my best to satisfy my customers the best I can. The management is very understandable and can be nice. Coworkers can be a little iffy but I just keep my opinions to myself to not make it uncomfortable to work with each other. It's a very fast paced business and I try very hard to make every experience a great one.
Pros
Discounted food and shirts
Cons
No insurance benefits, no guaranteed pay, don't know if it'll be busy or slow, drama, random schedule hours
Horrible work environment and even worse management
Server (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 19, 2017
Management and ownership is horrible and treat their employees with zero respect. The food is delicious but not consistent. However, the co-workers are the only bearable thing about this restaurant.
Interesting work environment that could use improvement.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 18, 2017
The restaurant could use improvement in some areas. The staff includes multiple people with attitude problems and management unprofessionally shows favoritism which is shown through the pay and hours allotted during a shift. There are moments when production is slow because everyone isn't doing their part. However, the schedule is VERY flexible and easy to balance both work and regular life.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Discounts
Cons
Inconsistent Hours
Not a bad side gig
Server (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 17, 2017
If you dont know someone or haven't been there for years its going to hard for you to become one of the full-time servers. great restaurant, good management.
Restaurant environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  DaphneJuly 13, 2017
Fast paced, not quite as organized as most restaurants. High turn over rate. Very expensive pizza. Its a good starting job for high school students and college, but not really a career building place.
Iffy management.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 13, 2017
It could have been better. The managers could have been better. The food and the other servers were good and fun to work with, yet the management left little to be desired.
Fun culture on the outside, but not worth the pay and stress
Server (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJuly 12, 2017
The other employees were fun to hang around. The management was lacking, save one person. It's been going down hill since it became corporate. The food is good, but overpriced.
Decent place to work
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 10, 2017
I've worked for mellow for about 7 years and it's a decent company to work for. The store I worked for went threw a lot of management changes and things went down hill fast. I left for that reason but wouldn't mind working in another mellow in the future.
Pros
None really.
Cons
New training videos are mandatory and they suck really bad.
more or less typical serving job
Server (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 10, 2017
Hours are long and not flexible. Compensation can be very good depending on the season. Colleagues are very friendly and enjoyable to work with, but management can be difficult.
Great work space, fun employees, lifelong friends, incredible pizza
HOSTESS/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 7, 2017
Everyday at this location was a blast, I learned how to perfect costumer service and excel in proper communications with costumers. Management always worked well with scheduling and had fantastic control over the best restaurant experience.
Quality Food and Ingredients
HOST (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 29, 2017
I learned a good deal about customer service and talking with guests to the restaurant. I also learned about what goes into restaurant maintenance and some aspects of management.
fun work place
Prep & Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VA 22903June 25, 2017
The staff was helpful during training. They worked with folks with creating a schedule that fit their personal lives and the food was good. I liked working here.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough staff
Relativly
FOH Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJune 22, 2017
A bit stressful, but for the most part pretty easy work place. Have a very chill relaxed dress code and they are very easy going there. It can be a bit slow sometimes especially during lunch, but there is only usually one server on so that you can still make a decent cash.
Pros
50% meals
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJune 21, 2017
Fun place to work for. Great team, easy going atmosphere. I miss working there sometimes. I've thought about picking up some extra shifts there. Great spot to start serving at as well
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCJune 19, 2017
Mellow mushroom was a great place to work at. The managers were very nice and helpful. The hardest part about working at mellow mushroom was some of the servers bad attitudes.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Attitudes
Fun interactivew workp place!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 18, 2017
Learned how to work like a real team under corporate management. Hardest part of job is working without bar back but it's also a good thing because you learn how to restock and change kegs. Most enjoyable part was the fun lively environment, genuine staff and management.
Pros
Family meals, staff, growth
Fun atomoshere
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 17, 2017
Usually get to work around 9 or 10am and leave around 7pm. Nice work/life balance. You will learn a lot about dough and how delicate it can be. Managing MM is relatively easy as there are not that many moving part for a full-service restaurant. It's mostly pizza and beer. So all long as the pizzas aren't burnt and the beer is stocked and cold, you are in good shape.