Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom Employee Reviews

Great Job
Server (Current Employee), Durham, NCMay 26, 2015
Great environment. Fast pace. Good food easy to sale. Wide variety of beer. Great coworkers. Worked in Two locations. Same positive work environment, a lot of money to be made!
Poor Work Place
Dishwasher/ Server (Former Employee), Enterprise, ALMay 19, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: Poor management
Poor work place management was very rude and so were the employees not understanding in employees needs and productiveness just a very poor work experience.
I do not recommend working here at all!
Server/ Food Quality Control (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 30, 2015
Pros: The guests
Cons: Everything else
I quit after dealing with repeated advances by management. Most of my coworkers used many different drugs while at work, couple of the managers drank on the job.
Very busy workplace
Server Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 26, 2015
Pros: god food
Cons: no breaks
Mellow Mushroom is always very busy and there's always something to do as yo cant sit for a second. it has a nice environment and the pizza is really good
AWESOME PLACE TO WORK
SALES ASSCOCIATE, BLUEGREEN VACATIONS (Former Employee), Daphne, ALMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good environment, awesome people, decent pay
Cons: Sometimes strenuous work
While the pay is equal to that of any other restaurant around, the atmosphere is SO much better. The people are awesome, the environment is relaxed and fun, and the managers are some of the nicest people I've ever met (I consider them and all the people I worked with to be good friends still to this day). The work can sometimes be strenuous when there is a boom in business but it never gets boring. If you like dealing with people on a face-to-face basis and enjoy making people happy, then this job is right up your alley!
Fast paced and enjoyable
Cook (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 12, 2015
At the Mellow Mushroom it was always busy. The managers were very supportive and there was a good system to the way things got done. CO-Workers were a lot of fun. High energy environment.
Growing company with opportunites for personal growth
Server (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2015
Pros: understanding management
Cons: not enough communication
I genuenlly enjoy going into work and working with the staff at my particular restaurant. Corporate could be a little more involved with the franchised stores, but overall it's a great work environment.
Mellow
General Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great environment.
Cons: zero quality of life.
The work experience at each Mellow is completely different at each location. It all starts at the top of the ladder (that being the Franchisees).
Eclectic Environment
General Manager (Former Employee), Wake Forest, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free food and eclectic atmosphere
Cons: long days with short breaks and conflicting reviews of performance
As the general manager I was responsible for everything inside and out of the building. There were never the most clear cut description of my responsibilities, but I poured my heart and soul into creating a positive work environment for myself and my employees while maintaining a family friendly establishment. My coworkers were eclectic to say the least which could be just as frustrating as it was fun. The hardest part of the job was an extremely vague job description with very little in the way of feedback. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in an eclectic environment centered on good food, good beer, and good music.
Fun place and fast pace environment.
SERVER/ TRAINER (Current Employee), Rome, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great food
Cons: people not doing their job
Go in and open up the store by getting all of the chairs pulled down and getting all of the necessary supplies for the day such a sanitation solution, lemons, sugar, pitchers, ice, napkins, trash bags, parmesan shakers, clean cups and plates. Sweep entire store and set up beverage station set out all the parmesan shakers, wipe down all of the tables and restock any items that we may be running low on or out of. Always stay busy there is always something to either clean or do in a restaurant. Greet people seat people get their drink and food orders, let them feel like they're having a good experience at the Mellow Mushroom. Handle cash.

Management are never on the same page so I feel like I am always picking up someone else's slack and no one is ever held responsible if they do anything wrong.

Some of them love me and the others don't because I make sure every decision I make is in the good interest of Mellow Mushroom and so that it reflects them positively and some of the people at Mellow Mushroom.

Hardest part and really the most fun part of the job for me is working in a fast pace environment and making everyone happy. But the real hard part is customer service with people that are extremely stubborn.
Fun and productive environment.
Cook (Current Employee), Augusta, GaFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good pay for the task
Cons: short shifts
The most relaxing and laid back F&B job to ever be apart of. Outstanding management and coworkers. Everything is set into a certain plan, so everything follows perfectly.
Fast pace and competitive workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 2, 2015
Making sandwiches, salads and pizzas. Keep work area clean and free of debris. The staff is very friendly and laid back. The overall atmosphere is relaxed during down time and competitive when busy (who can make the best looking pizza). The hardest part of this job was the multiple hour busy times.
Amazing restaurant with great people and a wonderful artistic freedom.
Pizza baker (Former Employee), Lexington, SCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: atmosphere
My day would start with opening the store, preparing sliced pies (pizza) and getting ready for the morning crowd. I always had a great time with my co-workers, The hardest part of my day would be the lunch rush but it was always worth it when put on a show by tossing the dough for little kids!
Prep-Cook turned In-House Adv Specialist
Cook/Advertising/Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: wonderful people, great location, fun atmosphere, socially cool.
Cons: no benefits, low salary, part-time
Worked primarily as the prep-cook. I would open the restaurant every morning, turn on pizza ovens, and prepare all perishable food products for general use and eventual consumption--all in accordance with the Alabama Department of Public Health. During this time, I had recently graduated from the University of Alabama with a degree in Advertising, and was tasked with handling the local advertising, promotions, and social media for the restaurant. The hardest part of this job was when I had to relocate. The people were some of the best people I've ever met, and Mellow rocks for allowing me to "get my feet wet" when it comes to the big world of advertising.
Fun and fast paced
Hostess (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: discounted food
Typical day at work was seating guests and running the floorboard.
the hardest part was the pressure from the guests. The most enjoyable part was the friendships made at the establishment.
First job bartending
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: can look however you want and everyone is really chill
Cons: my inexperience
Opening and closing were just about as easy with each other. I learned to bartend here and about craft beer (and I'm not a beer drinker). The staff is extremely laid back and fun and I was glad to work somewhere that tattoos were allowed. I had also never served food before and everyone was really patient and helpful with teaching me the menu and variations. Management would also be very friendly and patient and treat you as an equal. I was never really reprimanded for anything. Co-workers were all very chill and fun to work with. Hardest part of the job was not having worked there for over a year and knowing everything inside and out and not being a beer drinker among beer snobs. Most enjoyable part was feeling instantly welcomed and being able to wear my own clothes.
Great Job, Poor Situation Handling
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Hickory, NCDecember 27, 2014
Pros: environment, music, uniform
Cons: general manager, lack of benefits, no opportunities for advancement
Very fun environment with an upbeat and positive outlook. The GM changed after the grand opening and the new GM lacked the ability to listen to his other managers. He is head-strong, and jumps at the chance to fire anyone that works for him without listening to any of their stories. He polices the building by using his free time to sit across the parking lot and watch the employees on video feed, making inaccurate assumptions of what he can only see not hear.
A fledgling family business in need of work
Bar Manager/Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: no healthcare, unorganized management style
I will only provide that this business is in need of help. Ownership was lacking in organization and unity. Has the potential to be greater.

Staff was open and inviting. Food is great.
Fun productive workplace. Nice people
Cook/BOH (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GADecember 18, 2014
Pros: discounted food
Cons: dirty job
5 hour shifts. Cooked pizza, hoagies, made salads and appetizers.
Learned hot to stretch dough and a lot about food safety
Management was nice and respectful
Nice co workers. Although most didn't stay for too long
Never a dull day
Manager (Current Employee), Foley, ALDecember 15, 2014
Pros: never boring, challenging, something new everyday
Cons: long hours and turnover
I love the people I work with. Im always excited to work with such great people. Its truely rewarding to build a team and to watch them flourish. One of the hardesst parts of almost any job is hiring and training the right people. So, its amazing when can build an amazing group of people and watch them become leaders.

1 2 3 4 5