Melmark Employee Reviews

bad employees
Residential Aide (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAMay 27, 2015
The job is good. very humbling but the employees and directors are horrible. the employee seem to not care about the clients. they are just there for the check and benefits and tuition.
Dedicated to the clients served and employees
Residential Aide/Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2015
Melmark is a great company. Not only do they value the individuals they serve, but they are also dedicated to their employees. Melmark is a reputable organization that allows internal growth.
Hands job
Clinical Associate/ ABA Counselor (Current Employee), Berwyn, PADecember 10, 2014
The job is very hand on and rewarding. The is a opportunity to grow once the individual is committed
Great benefits, great co-workers, great management.
Applied Behavioral Analyst (Former Employee), berwyn, paOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches/dinners and great benefits
Cons: very aggressive population
Overall, the job was a good opportunity to gain experience in the field of behavioral health, however, the population I was working with was too aggressive for me to handle.
Great place to work and grow if you are like by the managers.
Applied Behaviors Analysis Counselor / Supervisor (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAOctober 4, 2014
It use to be a great place to work, the clients are the reasons why many of the worker would wake up everyday to go to work. The management did not care much about the staff. They would terminate your employment for any reasons. You have to be part of a particular cycle in order to get a promotion. Great worker were past on for promotion because they were not part of a class group.
Dedication does not go far
Primary Care Nurse (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, very diverse cultures
Cons: always looking to assign blame
I spent a decade with this company and worked in many positions due to advancement. I was very successful and left on good terms. Pay is dismal. Management culture is reprimand first ask questions later. (I was in management for a long time) If your heart and soul is not completely in this company you are sub par. Lower management run around like chickens afraid of any possible mistakes they or their staff will make. "just make it look good on paper" They like to reorganize to give you a new position. Double your responsibilities and cut 25% of your pay. Give you a raise then increase you portion of the health care costs.
Work
Healthcare Coordinator (Current Employee), Berwyn, PAJuly 10, 2014
I love the children and adults I worked with. I also enjoy working with co-workers. The only issue I have with Melmark is the lack of communication and respect.
Res Aide Melmark
Residential Aide (Current Employee), Malvern, PAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: everything!
Cons: none in my book!
I have been working here for almost a year and I love it!!!, I love the staff we are like family, they are very understanding when it comes to personal life issues that may arise , and are very informative of job duties and responsibilities, my clients are the best they really make your day with their smiles and full of life attitudes...such an awesome place to work I recommend everyone with a kind heart and ready to work to apply!
Company that really care for the residents, staff and families.
Assistant Director/Program Specialist (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAJune 30, 2014
Pros: i loved working for melmark.
Cons: restructuring left many without positions.
Completing rounds, review data from previous shifts, manage schedules, medical appointments, medication administration documentation. Trained staff and supervisors. Visited with clients, funders and families. Supervised a staff of 6 supervisors who worked with a direct care staff of about fifty-four. Hardest part of the job was managing paperwork. Most enjoyable part of the job was working to make the lives of those I worked for (clients) at Melmark. Learned to work with people from various cultures and customs.
a fun, diverse cultural place to work
Residential Aide (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2014
Pros: free, meal, able to give assistance to consumers
Cons: expensive benefits
I like working in the field with consumers. I like to assist and give help whenever needed.
a lot of overtime
Aba Counselor (Current Employee), Berwyn, PAMay 29, 2014
melmark has a lot of overtime for staff.Not much to say about the company other than they have a lot of overtime for their staff.
Active Place
Applied Behaior Analysis Counselor (Current Employee), Berwyn, PAMay 19, 2014
I enjoy my co workers and the children that I work with on a daily basis. The hardest thing about this job is the 3 pm- 11pm schedule and the 16 hour shift every Saturday.
Interactive work place
Residential Aide (Current Employee), Berwyn, PAMay 2, 2014
Pros: $ 1.00 all you can eat lunch
Cons: no breaks
Melmark is great place to work in that they first equip you with valuable training that is left with you for life. It is very diverse in employment and gives employees the opportunity to meet interact many different people from many different culture. The support team is very efficient in making sure new hires are comfortable in the job. The most enjoyable part of my job at Melmark is just knowing that I am making a difference in the lives of kids. The hardest part of my job is the commute.
nice front desk receptionist stupid and uncaring hiring personnel girl
n/a (Former Employee), berwynMarch 24, 2014
Pros: nice patients
Cons: horrible human resource personnel
Not enough parking for staff rude and inconsiderste workers especially girl who does hiring sarah she's a real dip but patients seem nice and some of staff its an ok place to work
One of the most rewarding careers anyone could ever ask for!
Recruiter - Human Resources (Current Employee), Berwyn, PAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: • rewarding career opportunities, friendly work environment, promote from within, generous tuition reimbursement benefits, comprehensive benefit program, $1 lunches.
I have worked as the Recruiter in Melmark's Human Resources Department for close to two years; from start of my shift to finish, there has yet to be a day that I left Melmark without a smile on my face. While building friendships with staff from all of our varied programs is amazing, the true reward of working at Melmark is the extraordinary interactions with the individuals that we serve.

To anyone who has a genuine interest in making a difference in the lives of children and adults with intellectual disabilities, I strongly encourage you to consider a career at Melmark!
Okay place to work for first job
ABA Counselor (Current Employee), Berwyn, PAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: pay rate, individuals you serve
Cons: unorganized, short staff
When you first start working here you will like it because the pay isn't bad until you realize what comes along with the job.
Poor management and unorganized. Management doesn't care about anything but money. They don't care for the individuals they serve or their staff.
Watch out because you can get written up or even fired for anything.
With this job I feel like its not all about work ethic but favoritism if a supervisor likes you your safe but if not make sure you don't ever mess up cause you may it may cause your job.
This job is not promise you can get employee of the month one day and get fired the next.
A good place to work
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAJuly 24, 2013
Management has different ways of communicating with staff
Very nice place to work
Behavioral Health Assistant (Former Employee), Newtown, PAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: to work with individuals who are very caring.
Cons: working overnight and being able to stay with them.
Working with individuals with intellectual disabilities. A typical day was planning activities for the children. It was any hard parts of this job, and the most enjoyable part of this job were the people living here.
Exciting working environment
ABAC Counselor (Former Employee), Berwyn, PAJune 5, 2013
Pros: rewarding working environment
Cons: possibility of personal bodily harm
This was a very rewarding working environment. The people who work there truly understand what it means to work as part of a team. It is also a chaotic working environment at times give the population the company works with but there is never a dull moment.
Amazing Company but Nursing is a disgrace
Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee), RTFApril 22, 2013
Pros: awesome people to work with
Cons: nursing department is a disaster. you are on your own.
The Director of Nursing is an LPN who consistently:

Shows favoritism
Lack of any support whatsoever
Refuses to give any quality feedback

With the Nursing department as unorganized and self destructive as it is. I'm not surprised they have been unable to keep Nursing staff.