Melmark

Melmark Employee Reviews

Good place for young adults to work out of college
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAJanuary 5, 2016
I learned that even though the job is hard, you will love every moment on it. Management is knowledgeable of all there have to do with autism and the job. Very great atmosphere.
Applied Behavior Analysis Counselor
ABA counselor (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PANovember 27, 2015
Do not work for this company as a resident aide or aba counselor. Even though you are tought extensive ways to restrain and redirect students it does not work. Very dangerous place to work. This was the worst job I have ever had. I got hurt on the first day in the classroom and was out on workman's comp for a year and resigned due to a injuries by a student. The students are very aggressive and dangerous!!!!! Employees are not helpful to new staff and do a lot of gossiping with management.
Pros
Extensive Training on Behaviour
Cons
Dangerous and aggressive students. BeWare!!!!!
excellent
ABA COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAOctober 9, 2015
Daily responsibilities included but were not limited to adl planning and implementation, behavioral modification activities and community integration activities. Many opportunities for advancement within the organization. Staff were friendly and very supportive.
productuctive and fun workplace
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PASeptember 28, 2015
Fun workplace, pleasant workers. Enjoyable part is the in-service where you learn new skills or you are reminded and reevaluated on what you already know to make your work easy.
Pros
Free gift cards on holidays, birthdays
it was a great place to worked . i learned a alot from there.
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  2600 berwyn paSeptember 14, 2015
i was working on a friday morning when i my co-worker came up to me and say that, the client had an appointment. the time that she told me about the appointment was very short , i has to put away everything that i was doing and took the client to that appointment . we may it o time and the appointment went very well.
unorganized, dangerous
Applied Behavior Analysis Counselor (Former Employee) –  BerwynSeptember 2, 2015
Working for melmark it did not have an open door policy as they promote. Management and supervisors are not very helpful with training. The team members however, are very helpful and willing to teach you about each individual client.
best place to work with good professionals and trainers
residential aid (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAAugust 26, 2015
i enjoyed everything about this place, there is good team work and also no discrimination. i have learnt so much about people with disabilities. the hardest part was only if a child has behaviours and then we had to restrain. i enjoyed the staff i worked with and the clients and also the free lunch. My supervisor was the best ever.
Pros
free lunch
Productive and Full of Experience
Applied Behavior Analysis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAJuly 21, 2015
Not much room for advancement, great compensation and benefits package, supervisors pick favorites, very money hungry company. does not value employee opinion.
bad employees
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMay 27, 2015
The job is good. very humbling but the employees and directors are horrible. the employee seem to not care about the clients. they are just there for the check and benefits and tuition.
Dedicated to the clients served and employees
Residential Aide/Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 5, 2015
Melmark is a great company. Not only do they value the individuals they serve, but they are also dedicated to their employees. Melmark is a reputable organization that allows internal growth.
Hands job
Clinical Associate/ ABA Counselor (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PADecember 10, 2014
The job is very hand on and rewarding. The is a opportunity to grow once the individual is committed
Great benefits, great co-workers, great management.
Applied Behavioral Analyst (Former Employee) –  berwyn, paOctober 9, 2014
Overall, the job was a good opportunity to gain experience in the field of behavioral health, however, the population I was working with was too aggressive for me to handle.
Pros
free lunches/dinners and great benefits
Cons
very aggressive population
Great place to work and grow if you are like by the managers.
Applied Behaviors Analysis Counselor / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAOctober 4, 2014
It use to be a great place to work, the clients are the reasons why many of the worker would wake up everyday to go to work. The management did not care much about the staff. They would terminate your employment for any reasons. You have to be part of a particular cycle in order to get a promotion. Great worker were past on for promotion because they were not part of a class group.
Dedication does not go far
Primary Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAAugust 22, 2014
I spent a decade with this company and worked in many positions due to advancement. I was very successful and left on good terms. Pay is dismal. Management culture is reprimand first ask questions later. (I was in management for a long time) If your heart and soul is not completely in this company you are sub par. Lower management run around like chickens afraid of any possible mistakes they or their staff will make. "just make it look good on paper" They like to reorganize to give you a new position. Double your responsibilities and cut 25% of your pay. Give you a raise then increase you portion of the health care costs.
Pros
discounted meals, very diverse cultures
Cons
always looking to assign blame
Work
Healthcare Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAJuly 10, 2014
I love the children and adults I worked with. I also enjoy working with co-workers. The only issue I have with Melmark is the lack of communication and respect.
Res Aide Melmark
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 2, 2014
I have been working here for almost a year and I love it!!!, I love the staff we are like family, they are very understanding when it comes to personal life issues that may arise , and are very informative of job duties and responsibilities, my clients are the best they really make your day with their smiles and full of life attitudes...such an awesome place to work I recommend everyone with a kind heart and ready to work to apply!
Pros
everything!
Cons
none in my book!
Company that really care for the residents, staff and families.
Assistant Director/Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAJune 30, 2014
Completing rounds, review data from previous shifts, manage schedules, medical appointments, medication administration documentation. Trained staff and supervisors. Visited with clients, funders and families. Supervised a staff of 6 supervisors who worked with a direct care staff of about fifty-four. Hardest part of the job was managing paperwork. Most enjoyable part of the job was working to make the lives of those I worked for (clients) at Melmark. Learned to work with people from various cultures and customs.
Pros
i loved working for melmark.
Cons
restructuring left many without positions.
a fun, diverse cultural place to work
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2014
I like working in the field with consumers. I like to assist and give help whenever needed.
Pros
free, meal, able to give assistance to consumers
Cons
expensive benefits
a lot of overtime
Aba Counselor (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMay 29, 2014
melmark has a lot of overtime for staff.Not much to say about the company other than they have a lot of overtime for their staff.
Active Place
Applied Behaior Analysis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMay 19, 2014
I enjoy my co workers and the children that I work with on a daily basis. The hardest thing about this job is the 3 pm- 11pm schedule and the 16 hour shift every Saturday.