Melmark Employee Reviews

Great pay and benefits
Vocational Workshop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PANovember 10, 2017
Melmaek is a good company overall, alot of managememt and regular staff had persoanl relationships which caused alot of favoritism. Most employees like myself were not treated fair.
Pros
Alot of overtime, great pay, great benefits
Cons
Sometimes can be dangerous
ItpoWouldnt Recommend it
Clinical Assosciate (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PANovember 5, 2017
You are trained for a half of work day with the kid you will be working with and then your are just pretty much thrown out there with them without the proper training and knowledge.
unstrucutured non profit organization
Vocational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 6, 2017
worked there 3 years, love the clients and some staff. the company is very segregated. Very hard stressful days. Not much employee recognition. Favoritism was a big thing with this company. Not having sufficient staff to support in behavior crisis. When behavior crisis would arise not many staff would come and assist. The most enjoyable times was when they celebrated the different cultures of the staff. and holiday bonus. They point system was horrible which is why theyhave a low turn over rate
Pros
$1.00 lunches
Cons
short or no breaks
great place
Case Worker (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PASeptember 27, 2017
melmark is a great place to work. I like how the entire campus works together as a team. management is always available for to help. the client are very challenging
Lovable residence
Adult Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAAugust 29, 2017
Working at Melmark was challenging due to medically fragile individuals and individuals with intense behavioral concerts which required advanced safety care techniques.
Current behavior tech
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAAugust 24, 2017
Working at Melmark has its ups and downs. Some days I love it there and some days can be rough. There is no paid sick time. They have a system called occasions and you only get 8. After that your fired🤔. I love me co workers and my old director (she has another job now). Melmark can really teach you how to appreciate life and the little things. The raises aren't much at all my raise was 12 cents. Over all I rate my job at a 6.
Pros
Lunch is 2 dollars now.
Cons
The occasion system sucks, they don't allow many African Americans to work in the main house.
work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PA 19312August 23, 2017
I would not like to write a review. I will not write a review. Just know that there are not so many Pros to working for this company. I guess the best advise I can give is that its not a company to retire. its a revolving door.
Pros
Overtime is always avaliable
Cons
The company does not make employees feel happy
Good place to grow
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAAugust 19, 2017
Decent work environment, a lot of opportunity for growth and competitive salary. The hours can be challenging as they do not allow for good work/life balance and the work is rewarding but can be very draining.
Pros
beautiful campus
Cons
I have learned a lot from working in this place
ABA Counselor (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAAugust 5, 2017
I have worked at Melmark for at least six years or almost all my working years. I have had good and bad days. I have seen people come and go but what I love most about this place is that there is always room to grow. While I was in school, they always worked with me pace on my schedule. The managers are awesome and teamwork is great here. When I was an ABA councilor, we all worked together to fulfill the duties and Now that I am a nurse, they work with me during med pass. I never feel alone. The hardest part of this job is seeing children that you have built a relationship with graduate and leave to go to another facility. Overall, I love this place, and I thank God for leading me here.
Pros
lunch is $1
Cons
distance
Competitive and hostile environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAJune 21, 2017
The individuals are great and my coworkers were helpful and supportive. Problem with this company is culture and leadership. Environment is cut throat competitive and uncaring towards staff. Leadership cares more about protecting and promoting themselves than the individuals we were supposed to serve. Leadership talks bad about each other and throws staff under the bus at any problem.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits, tuition assistance
Cons
Unethical and self-serving leadership

Want to know more about Melmark?

Ask a question
Productive, creativity and fun work place
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAJune 14, 2017
A typical day at work is working with Children below 21years of age. Knowing the various behaviors exhibited, Redirection and enforcing positive behaviors. I have learned behavior health Management, their antecedents, reinforcers and strategies for positive behaviors. Melmark is a diverse culture working environment which makes it fun knowing other people and where they come from. The hardest part of my job is dealing with kids that are involved in Self injures behaviors that we have to implement physical management procedure for their safety. The most enjoyable part of working at Melmark is the team work exhibited everyday. Great Team!!
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Short breaks. !0 minutes
Why I'd Like To Leave Melmark
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aston, PAMay 31, 2017
I learned that Melmark is an ok place to work but I have outgrown it. I would like to take the skills that I have learned and utilized to the next level within a reputable organization.
Pros
diverse
Cons
stressful
Job was very intense
ABA Counselor (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAApril 2, 2017
The benefits were nice but the job didn't allow upward growth and wasn't supportive to family emergency they gave a lot of write ups and the demand was high due to constant turnover rate
Pros
Lunches was only a dollar and they did employee appreciation days
Cons
Breaks were too short
Productive work space
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMarch 13, 2017
Love the kids I work with ! They make the job easier they help me get threw my day. Sometimes I wish we could do more with them I like it and plan to go to school for something relatable
Pros
We get breaks
Cons
Lunches not fre
fulfilling place to work
APPLIED BEHAVIOR ANALYSIS COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  PAFebruary 6, 2017
great company to work for, i love working with the kids and seeing them development in so many ways. I would do this job again if i could. i really enjoyed it
Great Work place
Resident Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PADecember 19, 2016
Its a good starting job. Great teamwork throughout this job. I've learned great supervisor skills with Melmark, The RTF program in Melmark is one great way to get experience for ABA based applicants.
Vocational workshop teacher
VOCATIONAL WORKSHOP TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PADecember 19, 2016
Great place to work if you really need employment to make ends meet. Great experience a wonderful way to be introduced to the mental health field. Very nice holiday parties and they make their employees feel wanted.
MelMark
Lead Behavior Tech (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PANovember 13, 2016
facility demonstrates team work within the employees. Also they do what they can to help the students becomes as independents as possible. staff is responsible for the level of supervision over the client and run client goals according to the behavioral support plan of the client. you will have your good and bad days but Multi-tasking and teamwork are the things I learned. Co-workers are supportive and very helpful in time of client challenging behavior. the hardest part of the job is de-escalating a client from crisis to normality. If you love working with individuals with intellectual disabilities MelMark is good start.
Excellent Organization
Assistant Director - Adult Residential Programs (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PASeptember 28, 2016
one of the best places to work. Excellent company and lots of benefits for employees. pleasant and professional Culture and environment
Pay is great but the communication is horrible
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PASeptember 3, 2016
I loved working for Melmark but when my 90 days was up they didn't allow me to to switch from residential to day program which was clearly allowed from reading their handbook

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Melmark. Our community is ready to answer.