MELROSE Employee Reviews

A good environment place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78411October 6, 2016
always a good, management was good. And co workers were good people. I learned how to do a layaway I have never done one before. I like working there.
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2016
Great company to work for. Pay scale is fair. Management is understanding to employees needs. Staff and work environment are friendly.
What I learned
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMarch 17, 2016
I learned to work as a team with my co-workers.Assisted various customers in finding clothing to their likings. Customer service and money management skills.
okay job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 16, 2015
managers were okay, but sometimes acted childish, co workers were nice, but there was always drama. pay is super low, honestly no escalation on this job.
Pros
1 hour breaks
Cons
pay
great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 14, 2015
a very good work place managers where always friendly, good communication friendly staff, good hours, easy job loved the enviroment
Good work place, great people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Melrose is a good place to start working, the work is not to hard and anyone can learn and if you want you can move up with in the company. The day start early with a few things to do, you have to count the registers in, and check to see if any memos came in that have to get done for the day. I learned many things for example how to do markdowns how to do visual presentations, scheduling, cash handling and employee supervise. Everyone gets along and the hardest part of the job is just making sure all the merchandise gets taken out. What's fun about this job is the people you get to work with and the customers that you get to know.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
increase pay rate for employees
Working around customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 24, 2015
My face to face customer service skills were the best. People always enjoyed asking me for help when it came to picking out their outfits for a special night. It was always a successful work day.
Management was rude and some coworkers were dramatic with each other. You could always tell who were the favorites.
Challenging
Customer Service/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 15, 2015
Working with staff and interacting with customers was amazing. Changing floor plans per seasons was challenging and fun. Management was understanding, working with co-workers was like working with a family. Most enjoyable part of job was interacting with customers.
Pros
Great benefits and room for moving up in position
great company to have had a pleasure to worked for
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  houston txJuly 15, 2015
liked the company and all that it offered me. It gave me what i wanted in meaning the challange and experience i need to further my career
Good first Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
It is a good job to have as a first job or part time while i was in school. It was very easy except for the pushy manager. The rest of the staff was pretty great.
Overall Good Co
PROJECT MANAGER FOUR HORIZONTAL DRILLING PROTOCOLS (Former Employee) –  Romania, BulguriaFebruary 12, 2015
Good Co.In All sites.Very slow service cos on all offshore Sub Sea

items with very slow delevery.Poor dock service & rig shape.
Pros
Good Co
Cons
Poor in country Service Co's
Horrible Workplace/Management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 24, 2015
Working at Melrose was a rough experience. You get hired & told it's an easy job, but get treated badly. There are 3 managers and all run off favoritism at store # 90. I've never worked with such rude managers! I hope no one else has the experience I had :( I was the youngest one there & they obviously took advantage of that. Managers would talk to me rudely and raise their voices. They would also talk badly about all the employees except their personal favorites. When hired, I was told we would be moving around different positions in the store working as a team, which was completely false, I stayed as greeter for 8 months. I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply or work at store # 90. I can't stress it enough, you really don't get paid enough for all the work that you do & it just isn't worth it. It was an uncomfortable experience & honestly glad I'm out of there. A store run off favoritsim and pure discrimination? No thanks!
Pros
NONE
Cons
Pay, Hours, Treatment
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Good first job, earned different skills by working here, basically just greet customer as a sales associate.
loss adjuster for insurance claims
Independent Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 8, 2014
Worked the central Florida area on motorcycle and auto fire claims.
Bad work environment, worse management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  san antonio, texasSeptember 12, 2014
management was rude to workers. changed schedules last minute, consistently. bad work environment.
great pay
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 26, 2014
the company is based of off texas and in the california stores they didn't follow CA LAW
Pros
no lunches for managment at times
Cons
don't follow CA laws
productive harding working but a lil ehh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 26, 2014
typical day at work was great u do friat nd greet if ur a greeter nd if have time and a great multitasking talk to the customer if they need assistance .
I learned a lot being there since it was my first job.
management was ok.
co workers were great but watch who u get when u close sometimes u do there job a well which I didn't like.
the hardest part of the job was cuz I was so peitie was seeing who came in to greet while I had to do other stuff.
the most enjoyable was closing with a certain manager she makes it fun and easy really miss working there, but the owner of the Melrose shop that I met is rude in my perspective when I met him I felt like I was being discriminated do to my size since I was short plus when he bought his kids they were running like cray nd he wsnt saying anything to them I cant work like that but over all its a great place to shop but to work idk wasn't good for me
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
short breaks long hrs taking over ppl shifts to many call in
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Houston, TXAugust 2, 2014
good place to work while in school but not enough hours or pay. Management was very nice.
fun and great work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2014
fun and great environment to work in no good benefits but great coworkers nice management
Good
COSTUMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, azJune 6, 2014
Good experience, got to meet great people. learned to work had.