MELROSE Employee Reviews

Review
Constantly seeked new way to meet sales goals (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 23, 2017
Was one of my first big jobs. I learned alot with customer service, stocking, shipments, inventory, money handling. It was normally busy, because we where inside of a busy mall at that time. My manager taught me alot in a short amount of time.
Pros
friendly staff, worked with my school schedule
Cons
Call ins and pay
Melrose
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 16, 2017
-minimal wage of $7.25
-few benefits
-no security in the front
-years to receive pay raise usually just a dollar pay raise
-Unorganized schedule
-Constantly hiring
Productive place1
Greeter/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 28, 2017
A day at work was fast pace weather or not it was a busy day or not a busy day. Put backs, stocking and greeting customer's and what there needs we're. I learned a lot about keeping up with everything which was customers, stocking and very fast pace. Management was great. Hardest job of this job was just keeping up with the cleaning and having it organized. I joined working there just because it was clothing shoes.
Pros
Clothing, Shoes
Productive and culm
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2017
Melrose was a very culm job, it had its moments where the managers wasn't shown that they were appreciated on them trying they best at the work they were given. It also had its fun productive moments mainly around the holidays.
Very slow
Cashier and Greeter (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 10, 2017
It was fun in the cashier but since it was a small store during the week they weren't alot of people so it was slow and boring the people that had time working there were in the back talking eating while new members had to be in front of the store greeting people and not alot to do
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Not much to do
Horrible Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 27, 2016
Absolutely most horrible place to work. Clothes are cheaply made, customers are extremely rude and threaten to beat you up daily and mgmt is horrific!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Rude customers, horrific management
A good environment place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78411October 6, 2016
always a good, management was good. And co workers were good people. I learned how to do a layaway I have never done one before. I like working there.
great place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXOctober 3, 2016
I was a sales associate and had a lot of responsibility at that store. I enjoyed attending costumers by helping them out. hardly spoke to co-workers only because i was focused on my work all day.
Pros
discounts
Cons
lots of walking, no sitting down
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2016
Great company to work for. Pay scale is fair. Management is understanding to employees needs. Staff and work environment are friendly.
What I learned
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMarch 17, 2016
I learned to work as a team with my co-workers.Assisted various customers in finding clothing to their likings. Customer service and money management skills.
okay job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 16, 2015
managers were okay, but sometimes acted childish, co workers were nice, but there was always drama. pay is super low, honestly no escalation on this job.
Pros
1 hour breaks
Cons
pay
great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 14, 2015
a very good work place managers where always friendly, good communication friendly staff, good hours, easy job loved the enviroment
Good work place, great people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Melrose is a good place to start working, the work is not to hard and anyone can learn and if you want you can move up with in the company. The day start early with a few things to do, you have to count the registers in, and check to see if any memos came in that have to get done for the day. I learned many things for example how to do markdowns how to do visual presentations, scheduling, cash handling and employee supervise. Everyone gets along and the hardest part of the job is just making sure all the merchandise gets taken out. What's fun about this job is the people you get to work with and the customers that you get to know.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
increase pay rate for employees
Working around customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 24, 2015
My face to face customer service skills were the best. People always enjoyed asking me for help when it came to picking out their outfits for a special night. It was always a successful work day.
Management was rude and some coworkers were dramatic with each other. You could always tell who were the favorites.
Challenging
Customer Service/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 15, 2015
Working with staff and interacting with customers was amazing. Changing floor plans per seasons was challenging and fun. Management was understanding, working with co-workers was like working with a family. Most enjoyable part of job was interacting with customers.
Pros
Great benefits and room for moving up in position
great company to have had a pleasure to worked for
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  houston txJuly 15, 2015
liked the company and all that it offered me. It gave me what i wanted in meaning the challange and experience i need to further my career
Good first Job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
It is a good job to have as a first job or part time while i was in school. It was very easy except for the pushy manager. The rest of the staff was pretty great.
Overall Good Co
PROJECT MANAGER FOUR HORIZONTAL DRILLING PROTOCOLS (Former Employee) –  Romania, BulguriaFebruary 12, 2015
Good Co.In All sites.Very slow service cos on all offshore Sub Sea

items with very slow delevery.Poor dock service & rig shape.
Pros
Good Co
Cons
Poor in country Service Co's
Horrible Workplace/Management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 24, 2015
Working at Melrose was a rough experience. You get hired & told it's an easy job, but get treated badly. There are 3 managers and all run off favoritism at store # 90. I've never worked with such rude managers! I hope no one else has the experience I had :( I was the youngest one there & they obviously took advantage of that. Managers would talk to me rudely and raise their voices. They would also talk badly about all the employees except their personal favorites. When hired, I was told we would be moving around different positions in the store working as a team, which was completely false, I stayed as greeter for 8 months. I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply or work at store # 90. I can't stress it enough, you really don't get paid enough for all the work that you do & it just isn't worth it. It was an uncomfortable experience & honestly glad I'm out of there. A store run off favoritsim and pure discrimination? No thanks!
Pros
Cons
Pay, Hours, Treatment
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Good first job, earned different skills by working here, basically just greet customer as a sales associate.