Melt Shop Employee Reviews

great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 9, 2017
great environment to work in the time that i spent there as an employee was awesome. it was a great job to have didn't do much business in the location it was in so it went out of business. i would still be working there now if that hadn't been the case
uplifting jungle gym of a grilled cheese shop
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
Melt Shop is not only a delicious grilled cheese fast food place ,it's a growth experience. All employees usually end up leaving or getting moved up in the company , but the CEO/owner REALLY loves his employees and all the managers are friendly and understanding. The job itself is stressful but as of the team members, it's worth it. No one leaves Melt Shop the same person. Nobody. Not even the customers.
Pros
long breaks, high discounted meals, happy atmosphere always
Great company to work for and grow with.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYApril 4, 2017
I started out as a shift leader and was able to move up quickly until I was the GM of the store.

They are a new brand so they are still learning which can make training new employees difficult.

Meltshop overall, is a great place to work because as a company they want all the employees to succeed and do whatever they can to ensure your success in the company.
I didnt like it but just wanted to work and they gave me a chance
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2017
It's koo if you want a part time job to work just to make ends meet but overall not good it's no big deal to work in this little restaurant I wouldn't recommend it to anybody..
Pros
Cons
Short breaks and send you hime earlier than you suppose too at the time daisy was managing
Crew member (former employee)
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt field mall long islandAugust 26, 2016
the location in Roosevelt field mall in long island is small. I didn't like the job. They always kept me in the back burning myself , washing dishes, standing for long hours sampling tots and going around he food court every 5 minutes to get trays. It was so annoying. The employees we're nice. The shift leader was rude and asking me personal questions and the manager wasn't fit or a good role model at doing his job. He was 22 but acted like a teenage boy out on the streets. I quit that job after 4 weeks of being there. The pay is good. The hours is OK .
Pros
Discount on lunches
Cons
No free lunch, drunk tap water when we got dehydrated cause of the cooking
Clean and very safe workplace
Delivery and Prep Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2016
The job life was fun but the management takes their position a bit to serious. It is a fast paced environment with friendly customers and employees.
Great Concept. Poor Management.
shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYNovember 23, 2015
So the the managers at the Woodbury location are disgrunteled waitresses from Buffalo Wild Wings. No cooking experience, spent a few weeks at a business school paid by corporate and poof they're qualified to be kitchen managers.
The assistant manager brings her personal life into work distracting herself from her job and constantly makes poor leadership choices.
The place is tiny. Not enough room to move around and get work done in a productive manner. The company thrives off this "sense of urgency" motto but in limited space like the Woodbury locatation it's sure to cause an accident.
It's a job. That's all it is.
They talk about promoting from within yet, they are getting ready to franchise ? They have 7 stores.
Chipotle is not a franchise and has 1800 stores and recorded 3.21 billion in revenue in 2013.

Melt Shop is a part of Aurify Brands... 5 guys etc...

It has nothing to do with culture and being unique.

It's just another sell out.
Pros
The Food
Cons
Working conditions, Poor management
Excellent working culture
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  111 Fulton StSeptember 2, 2015
It's very demanding and corporate does not appreciate their employees. Working environment is not accommodating to the employees. It consists of a lot of micro-management and undervalue of work. I worked with them for close to a year and the things that I was promised, I never received.
Pros
Lunch was %70 off
Cons
One meal per day
Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 9, 2013
Such a great place to work and great food anyone have time or near a local melt shop please take time to visit its worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Melt Shop. Our community is ready to answer.