Melton Truck Lines Employee Reviews

Typical 730-5pm monday through friday as a driver manager, managing your own fleet of flatbed drivers
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 4, 2017
typical monday through friday 730 to 5pm as a driver manager. Management shows extreme favoritism, if you are not a pet you will not receive promotion opportunities. Not all employees are treated fairly, its who you know depends if you'll succeed in the company or not.
Decent benefits, and standard industry pay.
You are micromanaged every second of every day here.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, favoritism
Great Place
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 24, 2017
Company shows that it values it's employees by offering classes for advancement. Also has exercise facilities for it's employees and competitive benefits.
Pros
Overall excellent employees
Cons
Trucking industry overall
graet place to work for great people
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 31, 2016
the company is very driver friendly has great benefits get to drive a new truck every three years. the people there strive to help you do well and the have a great pay package
Pros
new truck
Cons
need better home time
Great job
Truck Driver Flatbed (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 12, 2017
Great place to work, Great people they care about there employees.You all so get home on time and great benefits.You have good equipment to work with good company.
Great company to work for
Orientation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 3, 2016
Great company with awesome benefits. They take care of their drivers and the pay is decent. Office personnel are not as well taken care of and the pay is low by industry standards.
Pros
Stable job environment
Cons
High expectations with low rewards
be better if wasnt as many office personnel
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2016
I've seen alot singing praises to this company but for the most part their a joke say their the best flatbed company out there but freight and miles aren't consistent there's only one reason for those apu's they have on the truck because your gonna be using it alot. May have just been my DM but getting her to answer her phone I would have had better odds of winning the lottery
Pros
great equipment
Cons
tulsa office personel are a joke
great place if you can get past the training and fees to use their truck
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 20, 2016
typically I would lay over at a rest stop and after my 10 hour reset was up I would continue to my next stop. The management tended to leav you alone as long as you made it to your pickups and drops on time.. Do not count on much home time. dispatcher told me that they intentionally do not route you through your home town, so instead of going home and sleeping in your bed and heading to delivery the next day you are out at some reststop 2 states away. And you buy ALL of your equipment in the first couple of checks. this does not leave much to survive on.
poor equipment acts like a cult " you must adapt to the Melton way"
Over the road flatbed driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 13, 2016
my typical day at melton was getting up in the morning and rushing across the country. The management there to me at least did not seem like they cared at all about the employees as long as you were putting a dollar in their pocket that's all that mattered. the drivers managers would run you out of hours cause you to have to stay in non secured locations, and on rare occasions even have to drive when you were out of hours completely. The company would get you home when they said that they would for me it was always at least 4 days after. The truck that i was in was unsafe and they refused to send me to a shop for repairs. What set me of the most with melton truck lines was the fact that they would make you switch good loads with other drivers, which resulted in a lot of equipment going missing and the driver was responsible for getting that equipment replaced.
Poor management, careless dm
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 6, 2016
Hard work gets you no where with melton. I personally beleive the quality of a trucking job is in the hands of your DM/dispatcher. They are capable of making your job a nightmare. Melton has many incompitent DM's who absolutely dont care about you. I was never home on time once. After the first two months the miles will drop, They fail to pay your bonus, they often leave you hanging and not reply than go home. The incompitence of my dm and failing to get me home on a manditory day drove me to quit. Had to secure the truck and take a bus home for important business. Cost me a lot of money for then to get the truck as they would not work with me to make somthing work.

Top 5 in my fleet for 7 months top 100 company driver...

Dont work for melton. Go to a smaller outfit. Or even system transport is a much better company.
Pros
Nice trailers
Cons
Paccar, terrible management, inconsistemt miles, incompetent Dispatch, no growth/advancement
Best company is the worst field.
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 27, 2016
Melton, as an employer, is fantastic. Great people in management, the Driver Managers are awesome, and the pay is decent for the amount of work you do. It's just the Truck Driving field. If you can stand being away from home for weeks at a time, and you enjoy driving for 9-10hours a day(trust me it gets boring) then you can be a truck driver. And if you want to be a truck driver, Melton is where it's at.
Pros
Great people, decent pay
Cons
Limited home time
Not the best anymore
Former driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 5, 2016
Worked here 3 separate times over several yesrs. Not the same company when I came on with them initially. Check their Facebook page. Monthly parties in their new building that far from looks like a trucking company (looks like the prison in the movie Shawshank Redemption). Preach healthy living but the better part of their employees are over weight. Great equipment and facilities but too much like grammar school and not a job. Trucks used to have 13 spd transmission but now have 10 speeds with 2.34 axle ratios to save fuel, trucks are nice but not worth their weight in scrap for pulling a load.
Pros
Great equipment and driver amenities
Cons
Grammar school atmosphere, cameras and recording devices in truck, truck gearing is horrible
Caring CEO - Decent Pay
Driver Managear (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 22, 2017
CEO of Melton Truck Lines genuinely cares about his employees. Lots of ongoing health programs, on site medical care, gym, cafe for employees right on site. Beautiful new building to work in.
Pros
Decent pay, caring CEO
Cons
Favoritism among some employees and supervisors
Excellent OTR Flatbed Company
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 18, 2016
I absolutely loved working Melton, honestly one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The only reason why I am not still working for them is home-time, being an OTR driver allows very little of it. I would typically run 2300-3000 miles weekly, had full discretion on routing and fuel solutions (as long as comdata was accepted). The CEO actually takes a truck out a few times a year for a couple weeks at a time just to get the true first hand experience of what his employees deal with on a regular basis. The equipment and driver facilities at the terminals were wonderful, most with access to a company car and within a short drive if not walking distance to small metropolitan areas. The comradery between the drivers is unlike any other that I have ever seen in my life. Overall just amazing
Pros
Great Facilities, Newer if not brand new equipment, allows a driver to use all their skills
Cons
Like any other OTR company, home-time
No comment.
Company Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 12, 2017
This use to be a good company to work for, but in my opinion, they have lost touch with their drivers and the culture they use to promote.

Good place for someone interested in learning flatbedding.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Melton Trucklines
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 22, 2017
This was a good company, which I enjoyed working for immensely, a WONDERFUL company to flatbed for, they will ALWAYS have your back! I enjoyed working for them because they always helped you out, no matter how difficult the problem.
Pros
GREAT trucks, awesome pay, APUs
Cons
Tarping
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 19, 2016
I average 1500-2500+ miles a week. Pay is good . Get home when I ask no problem benefits are good maintenance staff is rude but overall good place to work
Pros
Pay, getting me home
Cons
Miles, main. Staff, truck always in shop at least twice a month
Ok. Live in truck
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2016
Equipment is excellent. miles are decent. Hot , hard work on a flat bed!!
Driver managers can be pushy, have to communicate constantly to assure them that you are doing your best to be on time. Have to drive at night more often than I like to complete run on time. THIS CAN be dangerous, saw a driver rum off the road at night not long ago. Headlights on truck are not bright enough to see road.
Pros
Paid on time, good miles
Cons
Live in truck
Great company
Flatbed Driver (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 26, 2016
Good pay they treat you as a person not a number or driver code there understanding about alot of problems and issues you might be going thru in your life
Pros
Good pay good people
Cons
Otr
They are great
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 20, 2017
They treated me like a human which is new in trucking they did not treat me like a computer or a truck number the tarpon and strapping and chaining was easy it was not that hard
Good job
Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 17, 2016
Kept me busy for awhile, until they let me sit for an entire week with noting to do. I like to work! And it better be challenging.
Pros
Dispatchers made you feel appreciated... When convenient.
Cons
When promising work, they don't deliver.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Melton Truck Lines. Our community is ready to answer.

Melton Truck Lines Reviews by Location