Melton Truck Lines

Melton Truck Lines Employee Reviews

Driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, 401k, Medical / Dental, CPM increases, equiptment replacement.
Cons: CPM wage, Much sit and wait time.
Melton is an awesome business for the most part. The equipment is very well maintained. The company seems to care about there drivers and change things accordingly. They have a great training program and continuously attempt to move forward with the economy. Pay is based on CPM , so amount of money made is based upon the ability to move. Most loads are in the southern parts of USA.
okay company
driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2015
Pros: good
Cons: bad
great place to work till someone gets a burr up there butt. they have ap units on trucks and you actually get fuel bonuses where others promise and don't deliver, better load planners, not great, but better.
I love this company and I would not want to work for another OTR company other than this one.
OTR Flatbed Driver (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 12, 2015
Pros: Pay, treated well by my driver manager and all of management, Good equiptment
Cons: Being away from home for months at a time
A work day consists of strapping or chaining my load and also tarping. Driving up to 11 hours daily.
I learned how to do my job safely.
Hardest parts of the job were tarping and being away from home for so long.
The money and freedom are the mosy enjoyable parts of the job
They sure pay the top in the industry but also give you the less miles in the industry
Otr flatbed (Former Employee), Tulsa okMay 6, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Driver managers
Was treated horrible since day one. But what I really didn't like was sitting all the time didn't really make any money. I love flatbed been doing it all my life but there is way better companies out there.
Overall good company
Driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 25, 2015
Pros: Very likable people all round good company.
Cons: have to spend a lot of time away from home and live in a 3 x 6 truck cab
It was a good experience got the opportunity to see most of the united states, the people at the office and the drivers i got the pleasure of meeting were great.
Great Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 23, 2015
Pros: Decent pay and benefits
Cons: Time away from home. Excessive tarping
Driving for Melton is just like most driving jobs. You spend a lot of time away from home, but you get to see and visit a lot of different places.
Melton really cares about their employees and their equipment.
Pay and benefits are decent.
Hardest part is having to tarp almost every load. Tarp pay could be better.
Very productive place to work
Flatbed OTR Driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 6, 2015
Pros: Well maintained trucks
Cons: tarp 90 percent of the loads
Melton is a nice outfit to work for . I enjoyed my time there. I had a nice truck and they kept me moving. The draw back of course is they tarp 90 percent of their loads. I probably wouldn't have a problem with that except for they only gave me $40 to tarp them. I'm certain that the tarp job paid well over that but they decided not to give it to me and I don't think that was fair. The pay wasn't that great either. They micro manage you at Melton also. I will not be returning to Melton. Thanks for the memories!
great company if you work hard the Melton way!
flatbed driver (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 15, 2015
Pros: miles miles miles 80% paid benefits
Cons: ryan floyd
I have been at Melton for 4 months I have zero issues with this company. I am a very hard worker who enjoys difficult tasks if you are not like me DO NOT WORK HERE. This company expects you to do your job the MELTON way if you can't do that this is not the right company for you. If you work hard you will make really really good money. 80% company paid benefits and one of the highest pay scales in the industry enough said...they will go the extra distance to get you home on time even if that means screwing someone else's miles so don't be mad if it happens to you...
Great company
Company Driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 3, 2015
Great company top to bottom. If I ever go back to driving the 48 this would be the only company I would drive for.
Fun place to work.
Driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 24, 2014
Family like environment. Great management team. See the US and get paid. Hard work, but rewarding. Self motivation is a must.
Melton Is an unsafe company
Consultant (Former Employee), Tulsa OKNovember 21, 2014
Cons: their trucks annoy other drivers
I am aware that "Melton Truck Lines" has a right to be a safe company but at what cost? Melton's "back-up" beepers are waking drivers up in truck stops. We have the right to a good day or nights sleep. Drivers using back up beepers moving up and down trying to get into parking spaces are hindering our right to sleep. This makes us unsafe drivers do to a lack of sleep. I submit to Melton this information. – more... When a Melton truck wakes up four drivers in the four spots next to the space, he is trying to occupy as much as 120 drivers per day per truck are upset with Melton. In an industry where good safe drivers are hard to find and getting much tougher to enlist this would to kill Melton recruiting efforts in five years. I have an excellent safety and on-time record and would never call Melton for a job after being woken up three times this month by their "back-up" beeper. I know other drivers feel the same as I do. 3. We all know that drivers take a lot of stuff out here. Companies expect us to get things done. Professional drivers go to great lengths to get good sleep. Displeasing a driver by "pounding on his door" or using a "back-up" beeper will upset an operator at the very least. I have seen trucks towed out of a truck stop because a new driver riled other drivers off. We all know there at least nine things a driver can do to a truck at a truck stop that will disable a truck from leaving that parking area. Sabotage that is expensive to fix and will hinder a driver from making his appointment on time. The last thing I would do if I owed a trucking company would be to put something on my truck that makes other company mad. – less
great over the road company
Driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 14, 2014
great company to work for if you are looking for a long haul company.
A good company
Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 21, 2014
Its a good place to work if you don't mind staying out. I stayed out between 8 and 10 weeks at a time. Lots of micromanagement. They might as well just have management ride in the truck with you. Pay was great, but wasn't home enough to be able to enjoy it.
It was ok.
Truck driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 12, 2014
Had to tarp and deliver the from plant to costumers.
I worked 10-14 hpurs per day, seven days a week.
be careful choosing this company
driver (Former Employee), ohio/arkansasSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: if you want the miles they got it
Cons: they don't care about the drivers
These people do not care about you or your family.Lies lies lies,thieves.If you quit melton they whip up some technical bs claiming you owe them money.The worst truck company I've worked for.I will not recommend anyone to work for Melton.Stay away from Melton
Well run privately owned company.
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 10, 2014
Pros: good working conditions and great sales staff, inside and out.
Cons: none.
I worked several different regions with this company. Southeast ( MS LA), Western Region ( Western 11 states)

One of the top rated companies in their field. Excellent management, best work tools available.

Lots of travel involved, but met new people/customers every week.
Good paying job as long as you're willing to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 23, 2014
I can honestly say I had very little problems with this job. In fact the only reason I left is because I needed to be home on a more regular basis. The work was consistent and the pay was good. I would highly recommend this employer to anyone who is willing to put in the hard work.
Driver
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2014
I hauled general flatbed such as steel, bird seed and wood. Hauled all over United States.
very good
Flat Bed Driver (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 1, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: every terminal seems to have their ownb way of doing things
they try hard to please the drivers as a whole, like any company there are things that go awry.
Honest people! Great Company!
OTR Driver (Former Employee), All 48 states and CanadaJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: everything.
Cons: hot sweaty days tarping.
Was with Melton for 6 years. What a great group of people, from the driver managers to the owner of the company. You work hard and make a good living. Great equipment and trucks.

About Melton Truck Lines

We are one of the nation's leading flatbed trucking companies with a large and growing fleet of modern, safe, and well-maintained – Read more

Melton Truck Lines Salaries