Member One Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Good training
Vice Presiden/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 18, 2016
Good training program. Compensation/Benefits are good for the area. Decent work/life balance. Some opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Training
Cons
No loyality to employees
Great Place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAMarch 11, 2016
The entire management team and co workers are all very friendly and the best people that you would want to work with. The management strongly believes that family comes first!
Pros
Gym on Site
Depends on the department.....
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 2, 2016
Member One FCU is a wonderful company over all- great benefits but management and training lacks connection with employees and career paths. Doesn't have a firm foundation to keep up with other banking companies big nor small. Not being able to work with management didn't create comfortable environment. Benefits package is great! I guess it depends on the department. Not my best experience.
Pros
1st shift hours, rotating schedules, 1/2 day saturday hours
Extremely pleaseant place to work
Night-Time IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 29, 2015
The best part about the job is everyone being so friendly and supportive.
It is a local based company that supports the surrounding areas
Great place to work, Not great pay, Good people
Loan Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 13, 2015
Great place to work, Not great pay, Good people, Not such good benefits or room for advancement, Good Manager, Free Lunches
Pros
Great People, Free Lunches, Good Manager
Cons
Healthcare Benefits, Not great pay, No Room for advancement
busy productive fun day
Teller (Former Employee) –  roanoke, vaJuly 17, 2015
Work at member one for me was wonderful. I became a popular teller there also got very acquainted with the members as well as my co workers, supervisors, and managers. The hardest part here was also sales, and I enjoyed helping members in any way I could.
Pros
being good at servicing my customers
Cons
meeting sales goals
Best place to work!
Managment Position (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 9, 2015
I loved working here. Great culture. Great team. Good opportunities for advancement. Good benefits. Hardest part of the job is learning the system but the amount of training offered is more than sufficient to help you succeed, the rest is up to you and your work ethic. I have learned to be a true leader working here and what a good leader is.
Great Compensation and Incentive
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAMay 7, 2015
Great compensation and incentive however advancement is hard to acheive unless you really partner with the HR reps. Training program is unorganized so learning is more hands on in the branch. Hardest part of the job is dealing with Irate members. The most enjoyable is when you build a relationship with customers and they will only wait for you!
Pros
close locations
Teller (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAMarch 28, 2015
I really love working at Member One Federal Credit Union I can't really say anything bad about it. I go in around 8:30 Monday through Saturday what time I get off just kind of depends on the day. Management there is great and my co-workers are awesome to work with. Since I've been there I've learned many different things on the financial side of things such as, how credit works, how to sell products to members, and how to fill out proper paperwork when it is required. I am looking for something full-time and that's why I am seeking employment elsewhere.
Pros
Long Lunches, Good management
Cons
Pay, Hours
Giving member's a memorable experience
o Assisting members (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 19, 2014
When member's walk through the door and you wait on them you want them to be able to leave with a smile on their face. Helping them save money and helping them with their daily financial struggles.
terrible...
loan officer (Former Employee) –  vaDecember 19, 2013
Don't waste your time...favoritism runs rampant. If you are not one of the boys you won't be around long. I made very little money there and then the mandatory meetings...terrible. .run away.
Cons
everything
Worked very hard and they cleaned housed!!! Of the 7 employees @ our branch 4 were let go in a 30 day period.
Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  roanokeSeptember 4, 2013
I loved the people that I worked with!! Management was ok, Only problem is if they want you gone you will be. I worked in the past for 3 employers over a 15 year period. So I understood how all of it worked. They had great benefits!!! If you get a new manager and they do not like the staff? Well, they if you read the reviews you see what happens.
Pros
great benefits!!! loved the customers and staff!!
Cons
management most of the time did not know what really went on.
Tons of empty promises
Employee (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 11, 2013
They will tell you anything to keep you there, and when you least expect it they toss you to the side. Compensation is terrible, most management and senior management are completely clueless and have no business doing the jobs they do. Find another financial institution to work for. They do not value their employees at all.
Pros
interesting training classes
Cons
incompetent senior management, terrible pay.
Strong company, but years of service don't hold any wait.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 8, 2012
Gave my blood, sweat, and tears to this company for over 10 years and after new management took over they were looking for ways to "clean house and start over". There was lots of training sessions and a policy manual the size of a old fashioned table bible that is about 6 inches thick. The hardest part of my job was realizing that the position I was in was a dead end and loved it too much to let it go.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
more responsiblity on certain positions, but no place for advancement in that position.
Great environment with diverse group of people
Member Representative/Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 29, 2012
I worked in the student branch at William Fleming High School. It was a great experience. As my first job, I was initially nervous working in the financial world but my co-workers and supervisors made me comfortable and taught me the tools of the trade.
Pros
hour long break
Cons
no benefits, i was a student employree

Member One Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location