Member One Federal Credit Union

Member One Federal Credit Union Employer Reviews

terrible...
loan officer (Former Employee), vaDecember 19, 2013
Cons: everything
Don't waste your time...favoritism runs rampant. If you are not one of the boys you won't be around long. I made very little money there and then the mandatory meetings...terrible. .run away.
Worked very hard and they cleaned housed!!! Of the 7 employees @ our branch 4 were let go in a 30 day period.
Member Service Rep (Former Employee), roanokeSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits!!! loved the customers and staff!!
Cons: management most of the time did not know what really went on.
I loved the people that I worked with!! Management was ok, Only problem is if they want you gone you will be. I worked in the past for 3 employers over a 15 year period. So I understood how all of it worked. They had great benefits!!! If you get a new manager and they do not like the staff? Well, they if you read the reviews you see what happens.
Tons of empty promises
Employee (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 11, 2013
Pros: interesting training classes
Cons: incompetent senior management, terrible pay.
They will tell you anything to keep you there, and when you least expect it they toss you to the side. Compensation is terrible, most management and senior management are completely clueless and have no business doing the jobs they do. Find another financial institution to work for. They do not value their employees at all.
Strong company, but years of service don't hold any wait.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 8, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: more responsiblity on certain positions, but no place for advancement in that position.
Gave my blood, sweat, and tears to this company for over 10 years and after new management took over they were looking for ways to "clean house and start over". There was lots of training sessions and a policy manual the size of a old fashioned table bible that is about 6 inches thick. The hardest part of my job was realizing that the position I was – more... in was a dead end and loved it too much to let it go. – less
Great environment with diverse group of people
Member Representative/Bank Teller (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 29, 2012
Pros: hour long break
Cons: no benefits, i was a student employree
I worked in the student branch at William Fleming High School. It was a great experience. As my first job, I was initially nervous working in the financial world but my co-workers and supervisors made me comfortable and taught me the tools of the trade.