MEMC Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging and great people to work with.
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Our consisted on operating and maintaining all rotating equipment, I started out as a millwright was promoted to maintenance coordinator and finally to IQC inspector. We had great leadership from our maintenance management and gain invaluable knowledge from our craftsman. The hardest part of our job was probably that we worked to much overtime but the thing that I most enjoyed was that management would trust us to troubleshooting and repair our equipment.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No overtime
Not a fun place to work
Director, Global Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MONovember 30, 2015
when I was there, very unstable with poor leadership at the top. Has morphed into a very different company. I am not familiar with the new company, Sun Edison
Extremely unsafe environment
Maintenance/Process Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXOctober 26, 2015
Fires would happen and burn equipment almost every day.
It was so common the evacuation horn would not be sounded. There was no importance on developing a safe work culture.
Pros
Cons
Dangerous
very good job
Hotzone Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 26, 2015
typical day at work very busy, what I learned is how to leak check machines with leak detectors and nitrogen and how to fix leaks and identify different type of O-rings and what there used for. The hardest part of the job was to stay on track with the machines in a timely manner because there are so many.
A great balance of management, work and fellow emoployees
Operating Team Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MOJuly 19, 2014
Seek and find the previous machine operator, find out the conditions of that machine a ready for a evening of production.

Help others and they will do the best they can do.

Working helpers on the production floor. Helped getting things running to the machines best and then here and there.

teamwork and awesome people to call on as friends

Setting everything for your shift to run smoothly

card games during lunch, and eating with my co-workers
Pros
co-workers
Cons
making adjustments correctly to machines
High energy environment
Production Specialist currently (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 7, 2012
Due to the small size of the complex I was able to learn a lot about a very broad spectrum of chemical plant management including operations, maintenance and small and large capital projects.
Great group of coworkers and the hardest part about leaving would be the bonds built over a 24 year career there.
Pros
being the "go to" guy on complex due to upper management turnover
Cons
upper management instability and loss of benefits
Overall a good company, fun people to work with.
Solar Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint PetersDecember 15, 2011
Company has had its ups and downs, but overall I enjoyed my time there. Most of the employees were fun to work with and talk with. Management was good, never encountered a boss who felt needed to yell if a mistake was made.
Pros
people, job itself wasn't overally hard.
Cons
job security, indecisive management at times.
Unstable corporate structure, with little job security
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland ORMarch 14, 2012
I enjoyed the people and the opportunities I created to move up. However, it is a very volatile industry, with many uncertainties.
Pros
great people, if you are dedicated to make a career, and show your worth, they will help you get there.
Cons
laid off 88% of work force, 2 weeks before christmas
Productive workplace
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2012
Productive and fun workplace
a typical day at work, challenging
what you learned, all aspects concerned
management, GOOD
your co-workers, GREAT
the hardest part of the job, VERY VIGILANT WITH CHEMICALS
the most enjoyable part of the job, ALL
Questionable
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2013
Co-workers were fun loving young engineers. Enjoyed working with them. Management was questionable. Facility was acquired by another company who filed brankruptcy immediately after.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TexasFebruary 28, 2013
Made waffers for computor chips
How waffers were made
Were fair to work for
Very nice people
Not hard
Learning more machines and operations
Pros
always something to do
Cons
had to work sunday
Great people to work with
Turn Team Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 25, 2012
I found that the work I did there made a difference in trying to make the area we live in a greener place.
Pros
free lunches and the people i worked with
Cons
health care
This company no longer exists but some friendship still do
Buyer I (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 18, 2013
Great first job learned a lot from my bosses that have shaped my carrier into one with good work ethics.
Good Company, Difficult Industrie
Project Manager - N. A. Logistics and Warehousing (Current Employee) –  Pasadena TxSeptember 23, 2012
Good benefits, Good Corp. Industire challinging with the product that is made
Ok
Electronic Materials Lead Operating Technician (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 31, 2013
Ok, salary and benefits are fine, stability is not, shut down most departments.
Great Work Environment
Chemical Transfer Personnel For KBR (Former Employee) –  Pashad, KNRDecember 10, 2013
Typical day consisted of going over the unit swaps on microsoft excel, plan out the trailer moves on the yard. Inspect the mule and do a complete yard check on trailers and units. Communicate with the operators and find out what they needed moved or what assistance i could give. I learned just how good i could back up semi trailers in close quarters, how to severly multi task, chemical substances and how my mistakes could effect an entire plant. How to communicate throughout the entire refinery, how to pay real close attention to the most minute details. The most unique skills i learned had to be the tasks that my operators did. In my spare time when there was nothing going on i would put on my PPE and shadow the operators in their processes throughout the units. The hardest part of working at MEMC was the type of work that had to be done. I was having to take 60 ft trailers and squeeze them within inches of each other and given very little space to do so. I had to transfer trailers loaded with explosive, toxic, and flamable contents throughout the refinery. But i most definately enjoyed my shift work, the co- workers and the work place. Very laid back people that i worked around on a daily basis and some of the best scenery you could find.
Pros
great pay, great shifts and overtime, great co- workers, and great bosses
Cons
honestly cant think of any cons in the work place or company