Memorial Health System of East Texas Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
ER Oustanding place to work
ER Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 30, 2014
My knowledge base has grown 100% since working here. I am very busy multi-tasking daily. My job gets very stressful but I enjoy a challenge. It takes a special kind of person to do my job. The hardest part of my job is doing so many things at once, reviewing pt's being admitted from ER, on the phone with multiple ER'S coordinator mostly emergent incoming transfers here for higher level of care, on the phone with many many doctors throughout my shift. My job takes a person with a wide knowledge base and very thick skin. Unfortunately I am the middle man and the bearer of bad news a lot. I have a great working relationship with my ER crew and all the physician's here. I do enjoy my job very much but looking for something a little more flexible. I carry a pager and end up working thru lunch pretty much everyday.
Pros
the people i work with everyday and feeling respected and needed by the doctors and my peers here
Cons
no lunches, not flexible at all, very difficult to miss work and nobody else can really do my job
Security Officer
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMarch 13, 2014
This was one of the worst places I ever worked. In my own field the management was horrible and expected you to practice politics instead of performing your duties. Most all the security officers were over 50 and just looking to collect a paycheck. The supervisor was just awful.
Cons
management, atmosphere, politics.
Great Workplace
LVN/PRN (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 23, 2013
I have worked here for over a year as a LVN - PRN and I have loved it the entire time! It does get very fast paced, but I love my job and the people that I work with. I have had the opportunity to work in most of the nursing departments and each one has great qualities. MHSET-Lufkin is an overall great place to work!
Pros
very rewarding
Cons
high stress level job at times; difficult patients and/or family can make your day very hard
benefits and almost a decent salary
supervisor (Former Employee) –  LufkinApril 13, 2013
Honest work with benefits
Accural time off according to hours worked
Pros
loved my job when politics stayed out of it
Cons
2010 lay off of ceo directors managers supervisors, some had up to 35 yrs service. salaried workers at risk if hospital gets in financial trouble again
Decent place to work
Surgical Technologist/Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXApril 3, 2013
There were days we were very busy and days we were very slow. I worked my way up to Surgical Coordinator. I saw several managers leave. My co-workers were good and I trained most of them. The hardest part of this job was lack of staff and having to constantly adjust schedules to accomodate the surgeons. This hospital has a high turnover rate.
Pros
the surgeons were great
Cons
they do not acknowledge excellence
Very rewarding and excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 27, 2012
I love my job! The co-workers are excellent to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is the variety of people I meet and the rewarding experience of helping them. I love to hear the thank yous from all the patients when they go up to the floor. The management of the hospital is excellent. The hardest part of my job is trying to priorize which patient needs me more and also care for that one.
Pros
free ceus are offerred frequently
Cons
very little time for full 30 minute lunch breaks