Memorial Health University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 9, 2017
Memorial is a wonderful place to receive care! I took pride in my job! Opportunity to grow here is always a given! It is also where i get my own treatment when needed!
Great nurses, Mediocre management
Critical Care Registered Nurse, CCRN, MET Nurse (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 2, 2017
Great team of nurses. However, most focus is placed on charting and politics than patient care. Upper management is lacking. The hospital is in debt, therefore nurses do not get bonuses or pay raises.
Supply Representative
Supply Representative I (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 13, 2017
Exciting place to work at! Lots of work to do! Time goes by quickly. Very team oriented environment. Wonderful room for personal growth and expectations.
Very Productive and Professional Atmosphere to work in
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 6, 2016
This company is very professional and well organized. I learned many important skills such as customer service and organizational skills. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was noticing the patients expressions of satisfaction when their visit was complete.
Pros
Lunches that were provided by drug reps.
Cons
The traffic on the commute home
Great people to work with!
Advanced Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 19, 2016
Great communication with manager. Manager willing to listen and make changes if possible. Great team worker. If there was ever a problem, there was always someone that you could count on!
Cleaning and Sanitizing.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 19, 2016
Very compassionate, and capable place to work.
Hardest part was working in the ER. The most enjoyable was watching nurses' who save lives. Wonderful experience.
Pros
Seeing lives saved.
Cons
Seeing the loss of lives.
Good hospital with Poor administration and management Team
Orthopedic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 9, 2016
You will learn a lot while working here but there is no advancement or raises. I worked here for 7 years and never got a raise. All employees are not happy due to management not giving well standard benefits or raises.
Rehab was awesome
REHAB UNIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 7, 2016
My job was to transcribe/post physicians orders, assist nurses and physicians. Maintain charts, kept work station/kitchen cleaned. Facilitate communication between physicians,staff and patients family.
Pros
To see patients walk again from hip/knee surgery, talk again from cva
Cons
patients coming in that had cva, car accidents etc
Not a current review
Clinical Nurse Manager of Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 29, 2016
It's been several years. The Senior leadership has changed since my employment. I hope the Behavioral Health division has been a recipient of positive changes.
Fun place to learn
Operating Room nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 28, 2016
Co-workers were good. Management could use more training. Wished that upper management would have been more objective in changing work scheduled. I enjoyed working my doctors in the OR.
Pros
good staff
Cons
short breaks
Terrible place to work
RRT (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 9, 2016
The pay is terrible because there is a repiratory school in town and the director knows she can fill the palce with cheap, entry level therapists.
Also, there was one raise in the 9 years I worked there.
The fellow RT's backstab, backbite, and complain about each other. Worst attitudes I have ever come across.
It's a teaching hospital but don't expect to learn anything...the residents do everything from intubation, arterial lines, and ventilator management. You cant even change FIO2 without having to call a resident. And as we all know, they are idiots.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Eveything
Great Place to Work
Emergency Room Technician/Health Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 22, 2015
Function as integral part of the emergency care team during traumas and codes. Responsible for triage of new patients to ascertain and record accurate vital signs while reporting any abnormal findings to primary care nurse or charge nurse. Assist nursing staff in gathering information pertinent to the patient's care including the patient's physical needs and functional status,
Pros
osts of training and educational opportunies
Cons
Short breaks
The opportunities in the medical field are endless.
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 9, 2015
A stressful work place that takes some getting use to. Everyday will be different. Memorial University Medical Center is the region's only Level 1 trauma center. That means we provide the highest level of emergency care as established by the American College of Surgeons. It also means our board-certified trauma surgeons and our designated trauma operating room are available around the clock. There are a lot of opportunities you can be apart of.
Pros
Discount on lunches, great benefits, flexible scheduling.
Cons
Non-cooperative patients, most visitors are sad or angry.
Mediocre work environment with questionable management
Perioperative Services Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 2, 2015
The jobs themselves are fine, but the management stifles creative thinking and you never really feel secure in your job.
Worked very hard with great teamwork in place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 8, 2015
Worked close to 13hours a shift. I worked Night shift weekends. We took care of 2 patients each on average. Once a Huddled report was given we then each got a detailed report from the nurse going off duty. Then we would go into the room together and check the IV pumps where correct. I would then assess my patient change infants diapers and positions and have a chat to the parents in the room of the plan of our day. This time always gave me a good connection to the family and find out further info that might be helpful in my nursing care. I would check all my emergency equipment and monitor settings are correct and age appropriate for each patient. I would check on the ventilators setting are correct to the orders. Once that was done I would start with any drug administrations that where due. We had a list of what was due and when. Same for the blood draws on some patients they where scheduled with the frequency that was required.
I would then chart the assessment on the patient and plan of care and double check all the orders.
We do hourly vitals and intake and output and would have to continue updating the computer with all this information.
There is no typical day in an ICU most days are a challenge as patients are in unstable conditions. We had such a variety of cases and each required different monitoring and interventions.

I learned so much that I cannot begin to even put it together. I had to learn everything about ventilation. The frequent codes we were in, gave me a great insight to the preparation for it, and the constant daily stress of it.

My co-workers
  more... were great, very supportive of each other and great teamwork in the unit.

The hardest part of the job, Dealing with a death of a child is always traumatic to everyone. We never want to lose a child.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is having a great laugh and comradeship among my co-workers. Also this job can be so rewarding when a child survives against all odds.
Pros
Excellent Teamwork and comradeship with my co-workers.
Cons
The long shift hours with minimal normal breaks.
challenging
Bio-Specimen Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GeorgioaApril 23, 2015
More work somedays it can be a challenge, and some days stressful when one person has all that to do. Somedays it is more walking and picking up specimens, the processing of the specimens, which can take aleast 2 hours to process the blood specimen.
Pros
good food
Cons
under staff
Somewhat positive workplace. Tons of work for all shifts.
Hardeware Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 3, 2015
Not a bad place to work. Pay just needs to be increased to be competitive with the other hospitals. Company is gearing towards Patient and Family Centered Care which will hopefully make everyone a little bit happier. People are easy to get along with, management has made strides to better our department and update our processes with that of the AORN and AAMI standards.
Operations Manager, Perioperative Division (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 15, 2015
Great people and very fast paced. Lots to learn and constant change.
Fast pace and constantly changing workplace.
Operating Room Specialty Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 6, 2014
Great place to start as an entry level job into the medical field. People are great to work with and very strong team work to keep the work caught up.
Pros
Free gym membership.
Cons
Non flexible schedule.
I will never regret a day of becoming a nurse. It has been the best choice I have ever made for myself and my family.
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 15, 2014
I enjoyed approx. 25 years of learning and growing at MHUMC. I learned a lot and accumulated friends for life. I spent many years as a part of Shared Governance and served as chair of the Med/Surg committee. I got an inside view of how decisions are made concerning the directions and plans for future nursing practices for the facility.
The hardest part of the job for me was not allowing myself to become attached to the people I served. The most enjoyable part of my job was gaining wisdom from the environment around me.
Pros
The opportunity to meet and work with different cultures of people.
Cons
Not enough time for breaks most days as related to patient care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Health University Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

60%