Memorial Health University Medical Center

Memorial Health University Medical Center Employer Reviews

Fast pace and constantly changing workplace.
Operating Room Specialty Technician (Current Employee), Savannah, GANovember 6, 2014
Pros: free gym membership.
Cons: non flexible schedule.
Great place to start as an entry level job into the medical field. People are great to work with and very strong team work to keep the work caught up.
I will never regret a day of becoming a nurse. It has been the best choice I have ever made for myself and my family.
STAFF NURSE (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to meet and work with different cultures of people.
Cons: not enough time for breaks most days as related to patient care.
I enjoyed approx. 25 years of learning and growing at MHUMC. I learned a lot and accumulated friends for life. I spent many years as a part of Shared Governance and served as chair of the Med/Surg committee. I got an inside view of how decisions are made concerning the directions and plans for future nursing practices for the facility.
The hardest part of the job for me was not allowing myself to become attached to the people I served. The most enjoyable part of my job was gaining wisdom from the environment around me.
good facility with open door policy
Staff CT Technologist (Former Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: decent management
Cons: lower pay
Good place to work.pay could be better.management seemed to genuinely care about the workers
Good opportunity to learn about different aspects of healthcare.
Representative Document Imaging (Current Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 25, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: short lunch break
A typical day at work requires getting the patients EHR completed in a timely manner so that the facility can be reimbursed.
good job
Food Service Attendant I (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 28, 2014
no leadership support, Cooked for all patients in hospital
Switchboard operator (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: n/a
Assist patients and patients family on a daily basis. Transferred calls to correct departments. Assist doctors and staff memebers with paging systems.
Interesting place to work at with a variety of people
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 14, 2014
Great work environment that alllows you to meet different people everyday
busy days
Case Manager (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 25, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: long days
Fast paced busy moderately stressful. Gained clinical knowledge and valuable experience.
Productive and Fun Place
Practice Rep II (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 9, 2014
Loved my experience at this hospital. I enjoyed working with all the patients and families. The doctors I worked for were amazing.
Great Hospital great Team Members
Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 7, 2014
I have enjoyed my time here at Memorial. I has been an interesting time working here. Especially with all the changes in the Healthcare field as it relates to insurance and reimbursements.
Ok place to work. With great Coworkers.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: very laid back and secure
Cons: not ladder to climb
Ok place to work. With great Coworkers.Ok place to work. With great Coworkers.Ok place to work. With great Coworkers.Ok place to work. With great Coworkers.
An awesome hospital.
Staff RN (Former Employee), SavannahFebruary 3, 2014
I am proud of the people I worked with, the care I gave and the experience and learning gained early in my career.
Best Place I have Ever Worked
Pediatric Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 26, 2014
Memorial is without a doubt the best Hospital I have had the opportunity to work in. Very positive environment with dedicated staff. Many opportunities for advancement.
Productive and fun workplace with up to date equipment
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches, stay busy, always learning, and opportunity to help people
Cons: expensive healthcare benefits, understaffed and no management diversity.
Working for the Operating Room on a daily basis is fast paced and challenging. A typical day at work would include preparing surgical instruments for that morning and afternoon, answering phone calls from the operating rooms for supplies, and locating missing items in a timely manner. I became certified which gave me a better understanding and more knowledge about how to do my job more effectively and accurately and to why it was so important. management was always available if you had questions. My co workers would make the work place more fun and enjoyable while working extremely hard. The hardest part of the job was being on call every other weekend. That took a lot of time away from me and my family. The most enjoyable part of the job is to know that you are saving lives and helping people to get better.
It has good days and bad days.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: gifts around hoildays and parties goodies.
Cons: shorts breaks, sometime no breaks
Your Day start out @ 7 am and your pace being picking up within min front telephones ringing, intercom system, nurses asking for charts. Doctors writing many orders to be transcribe in computer.I have learn that you play a very major role as the center of contact from visitors and others areas of hospital. co-workers we try hard to work as a Team to get job done on a professional manner. Hardest part of job when I can not get a nurse to answer her call and another one is getting s/o to relieve me for a bathroom break and lunch break.Most enjoyable and when you see your co-worker coming for next shift change.
Productive work place with the opportunity to learn new skills
Research Technician (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 19, 2013
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: high stress
In this position, I gained skills in aseptic technique, tissue culture, western blotting, PCR, gel electrophoresis, isolating DNA and RNA. The research goal was to investigate the structure and maintenance of human telomeres during tumorigenesis. My specific role was to characterize tumors based on their telomere maintenance mechanism to observe which mechanism was active. I worked in the lab from 8-5 and I enjoyed my coworkers. The hardest part was the high stress and the most enjoyable part was the environment.
Very nice workplace
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 23, 2013
Pros: having a great boss, making new friends, learning new instruments and methods
Cons: 30 minute lunches, rarely able to take breaks
Worked as a generalist, learned new instrumentation and LIS systems. My manager was a fair person and knew my worth. My co-workers were a family. I enjoyed working there.
Memorial was a great expeeience for me. I loved my job and the people that made the team at Memorial.
Patient Care Partner (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 11, 2013
Pros: drug representives would bring lunch at least once a month
Cons: some days you may never get a break
A topical day a work was be involved in the care of some of the sickest patients. I learned many great lessons from the nurses, doctors, and management. The management made sure that teamwork was a huge part of being an employee at Memorial. Everyone in the ICU worked as a team player. The hardest part of my job was the never understanding how patients could be so sick and get well so fast. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients get well and come back on any given day to say thank you.I also enjoyed learning that no matter how sick a patient is a simple gesture can go a long way.
Action-packed 5 years of service!
Orthopedic Trauma/ Medical Surgical Unit Staff, RN (Current Employee), Savannah GaJuly 26, 2013
Pros: excellent experience and many opportunities for growth.
Cons: management in some areas struggled more than others which impacted staff morale.
Overall, I am proud to be a Memorial employee. I gained experience here that I would have never been able to receive in my smaller home town.

My management could have been improved but there were many other areas that had excellent management. Each area was in it's own place of growth so I make no judgments.

I worked night shift and my co-workers were ever-present when I needed them. The hardest part of my job was on day shift. There was so much paperwork and so many things to do that I almost never got to take my lunch break until 2 or 3 pm . My last meal being at 5 am. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be a part of making lives better, even if only for a moment. I took my patient care seriously and poured myself into being the type of nurse everyone needed. I didn't always succeed but for the times I did, the feeling could not be described.

My experience, knowledge, and memories gained are priceless and have become a part of who I am. I was privileged enough to meet some amazing people with incredible hearts for patients and I met some that lacked. But it all molded together to form some of the best years of my life. It gave birth to my nursing heart and strengthened and encouraged me to become more than average. I would recommend this hospital to anyone, especially new graduates because of there incredible nursing residency program.
Good place for new grads 1-2 years tops
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), SavannahApril 5, 2013
Pros: good place to start. 1-2 years
Cons: no room for advancement
PRVC is not the only mode of ventilation. This hospital uses PRVC exclusively.
We received a 3% raise once in the past 6 years.
Our cost of benefits goes up every year.

About Memorial Health University Medical Center

Memorial University Medical Center is a two-state healthcare organization serving a 35-county area in southeast Georgia and southern – Read more