Memorial Health

Memorial Health United States Employee Reviews

poor working conditions
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: pay, short breaks, work too stressful
Not much to say other than they want to work you to death with minimal compensation. Very short breaks, and poor management.
NICE WORK PLACE
Conifer health, Registrar (Current Employee), SAVANNAH,GAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: friendly er workers
I work through a contractor. Memorial staff are the greatest and most helpful people to work with!! Wish I could sign on as a permanent employee!!
Pharmacy Department has bad management
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: working outside of the pharmacy
Cons: the pharmacy management
The pharmacy department was totally different than any other part of the hospital as far as attitude and management. There was a strange sense of employees being controlled in a very negative way from the first time I walked in. Employees are DIScouraged from voicing opinions or making suggestions and if they do, they are written up and told they will be fired. No one talks much in the department and everyone is working in fear. Management is afraid someone may see them for what they really are - bullies!
The people are kind
Staff Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 23, 2015
I worked with student athletes, their coaches and parents to provide high level medical care to high school and collegiate athletes. You are held to a much higher standard than athletic trainers from competing organizations while being compensated less. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the athletes and seeing them succeed in their chosen sport.
Great Place to work.
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Springfield, ILDecember 30, 2014
Working with these group of officers is great. However, the only downfall is the salary. You do alot for little pay. But it gets you experience and helps you get your foot in the door to something better.
very productive
Operational Manager for Environmental Control (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 14, 2014
I learned how to multitask at a very high rate and getting along with all types of different people and patients. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to meet all kinds of people and watching them progress and move on in their lives.
Sterilization Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 17, 2014
Always busy. Never a dull moment. The department was right next to the kitchen in the basement. So there was no patient contact.
Wonderful place to work
Account Representative (Former Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 11, 2014
Pros: all
Cons: very little
Supervisors in Physicians Services excellent, gave a great deal of time in training to do the work necessary, very understanding regarding work / life balance. Great benefits, choice of starting / ending times. Excellent work environment, very up to date equipment.
A good place to work
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 28, 2014
I have learned many skills with my employer and would recommend the health system
University of Memorial Health
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 17, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: management needs severe improvment
I have worked here for some time know. I like my coworkers and we get along great .The shifts are challenging it can get busy and your on your feet alot of the time. We just dont have a good management team to support us. There is no accountability or adult conduct during matters that are simple. The issues will escalate quickley when is does not need to be.The compensation is not worth the stress and anixety you go through with management .
Interesting
Security Officer II (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 29, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: administration
When Memorial was Memorial Hospital and controlled by the city it was a good place to work except for security admin. Now I would not work there if they tripled my hourly pay.
Good company to work for
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 6, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: too much gossip
Hours are good, with good benefits. Multicultural environment and free parking.
Great Hospital going through some difficult changes
Staff RN (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 14, 2014
Pros: becoming part of university system and recieving incentives.
Cons: long hard days!
Working at Memorial has been a growing experience, met with challenges of financial insecurity that have reflected staffing responsibilities to unsafe measures. Management seems to worry more about the dollar and not about safety. All my co-workers would agree but are willing to stick it out. Not being recognized for additional time spent to help provide a safe environment. The rewards of working at Memorial are from the people that I care for and the comments of thank you!
Great opportunities to work in many different clinical areas!
Clinical Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 13, 2014
Memorial is a full service metropolitan hospital serving much of the southeastern quadrant of Colorado.
Generalist
MT generalist (Former Employee), Savannah,GAApril 9, 2014
Excellent place to work. The staff was pleasant and the care provided to patients was some of the best I have seen provided in 20 plus years of health care employment.
In general, it's just a job
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 29, 2014
Cons: no raises, no incentive, work doesn't match pay, supporting multiple management staff
A typical day at work would be one task after another, very fast paced
I have learned how to manage multiple tasks at the same time and learned how to take minutes and prepare for multiple committee meetings
Co-workers are fun and knowledgeable but not always accountable
The hardest part of the job would be taking minutes at too many committee meetings along with divisional meetings as well
The most enjoyable part would be the interaction with the co-workers that make a day at work fun instead of regretable
Fast Pace Work Environment with no advancement opportunities
Admin Sec to Executive Director of Critical Care (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 28, 2014
Pros: no set schedule start time, stay as long as you want, which allows for a short friday
Cons: no real lunch time, no breaks, no advancement opportunities, no recognition
A typical day at my job would be one task after another with hardly no time in between. I work through my lunch eating while I continue to answer the phone and go through emails, etc. I feel there is no accountability in this particular environment with management staff. I Iearned how to take minutes and schedule meeting details for multiple committee meetings for the division. The hardest part would be keeping up with all the committee meetings and minutes. The most enjoyable part would be the staff, as they are fun to work with and you don't have to remain so serious.
Huge Health system, with highly skilled providers.
Staff Therapist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: great people and facility.
Cons: frequency of stressful situations (i.e. trauma)
Receive report
Proceed to assigned area (usually a critical care unit or the ER)
Provide patient care
Clean and assemble equipment
Perform and run diagnostics as required
Document, document, document
Great place to work, many opportunities to grow and learn.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Marietta, OHFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: discounts on food in cafeteria, discounts at local businesses.
Cons: overcrowded employee parking that was quite a distance away at memorial.
I worked at there as a temp through Mancan. I worked at Marietta Memorial, Selby General, and Reno Business Office. Because of this, I leaned a lot about electronic records, met a lot of people. The hardest part was learning to navigate Meditech.
Excellent Job
Lab Assistant at Main Street Medical (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INFebruary 19, 2014
Loved every part of this job.
Worked split shifts which I really liked. Did a lot of clerical work and phlebotomist as well.

1 2 3

About Memorial Health

Memorial Health is a two-state healthcare organization serving a 35-county area in Southeast Georgia and Southern South Carolina. – Read more