Memorial Health Employee Reviews in United States

N/a
Environment Change & Release Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 19, 2016
I at this time am not going to write a review of the current employer. I do not feel at this time that this would be proper. So I am choosing not to write a review.
Enjoyable job not the politics
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 25, 2016
Overall the job was enjoyable. I enjoyed working with the patients and parts of the job. I was responsible for scheduling, insurance auths, copays, answering phones, entering data into EMR, referrals for DME, pulling and putting together charts. I enjoyed the group I worked with. We worked very well as a team.
fun
Emergency Management Coordinator (Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 4, 2016
Great benefits and great atmosphere! Staff is courteous and always on time with meds! I couldn't ask for a better job and a place for my son when he sick
Pros
love it
Cons
love it
Very enjoyable work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 2, 2016
Taking care of patient(s) ensuring that the received the best and quality of care. I learned so much as a whole while being employed with Memorial. My direct manager was nothing more than an exceptional individual who really wanted the best for me. As for my colleagues, I thoroughly enjoyed each and everyone that I came in contact with. Nothing was hard for me honestly other than getting the job done itself. The most enjoyable part of the job was me being able to build a relationship with each patient I came in contact with.
Med surgery /psychiatric unit
psychiatric nurse/med surgery nurse (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 15, 2016
Fast pace work environment, Multi tasking, Charge nurse duties,
admission, discharges, counseling ,Medication administration.

Throughout the night and day, we get referral's from hospitals
throughout Georgia. I must read referral's then decide if the
patient is appropriate for our unit. Call physician to discuss
patients health history, help MD in deciding if patient is
appropriate for our unit. All med surgery duties- we are a part of a med surgery unit.

The hardest part of the job is being understaffed.
I have strong patient assessment skills. I rely on my
emergency room back ground.

The most enjoyable part of the job is noting the measurable
improvement's of the patients from the admission date to the discharge date.
Cons
Warning ! Stay away ! Unless your in the "White collar crowd"
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHJanuary 12, 2016
The money that is wasted right in front of my eyes here is out of this world. But try getting a raise! There are skilled employees that have been here for 20+ years that don't make $20 an hour !!! If you work here and you're not in the "White collar crime crowd" you're nothing more than a bargain... a cheap bargain.
The pay inequality is outrageous, but normal for America these days. This place is the KING of do less make more. If you proof read for they're website, well that pays $60K... but if you're charged with keeping the day to day operations running and maintained, well that pays a whopping $29K.
I WOULD NEVER RECOMEND ANYONE TO WORK HERE !!!
No matter what skill or trade !
Pros
Cons
Very low pay per industry standard. Support staff are treated like dirt.
Attention to detail
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 20, 2015
Accuracy is important for patient safety, so close attention to detail is a must. Checking medication dates, product and amount to be administered and getting Pharmacist approval.
Pros
Quiet environment
Cons
A typical day at work is to arrive early to get report and setup equipment for work.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 16, 2015
A very education place to work. The company is very enoughing you to father your education for the growth of the company.
Nice place to work
Emergency Management Coordinator (Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 13, 2015
Benefits are expensive for a family. But overall, it's a great place to work. Most employees are pleasant to work with! They have a purpose -- a mission -- that everyone understands. Even better, every employee can tell you the role he or she plays in achieving that purpose.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Externship
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 17, 2015
This was a unpaid externship opportunity that I am grateful for.

I enjoyed working with the people in the office and feel that I was given a chance to improve of my skills and learn new things

Want to know more about Memorial Health?

Ask a question
Learning New Things Each Night
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 3, 2015
Management works with you a lot especially when it comes to your school schedule. They are very flexible when trying to work out that aspect of things out. The interesting thing of my job is going to traumas that come in through the ER. It's sad but true. The night may start quiet and then it changes so quick with the call of a trauma.
Pros
Uniform Shop
Cons
Health Insurance
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah,GASeptember 21, 2015
To assist families/patients with anything needed while staying at the hospital. Resolve complaints and concerns, inform families on surgery status of loved ones. Round in waiting rooms to make sure things are clean and no assistance is needed.
Pros
Open communication
Cons
No overtime
fun co-workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 17, 2015
Company is well known with high expectations and that is what is expected of the employees. This company is okay to work for.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short breaks
Round on each of the units, trouble shoot for nurses, physicians, pateitns and patients familities. patient advocate. Great staff involvment.
Patient Service Administrator, Full-time (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 4, 2015
The roles and responsibilities of my job are fantastic, enjoy the group of professionals with whom I work. Our organization has had some challenging past couple of years, partnering with university, the patient will benefit greatly. this is a great hospital and continuing to work on Magnet status. I personally am ready for a change in the style of job, I love working with medical people and the obstacles we face every day.
I thrive in a job that challenges my mind.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 3, 2015
I have gained a lot of knowledge in the health care field during my work with Memorial. I work in a fast-paced clinical setting. I am capable of working in a team setting and able to work alone. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of seeing patient thrive and heal. The hardest part would be leaving my co-workers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not much room for advancement
T5he most enjoyable part of the job
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 24, 2015
Helping and caring for people in th health care industry is one of the most rewarding
jobs you'll ever encounter, reason being you can't go wrong when your giving back.
Pros
Metting people from all walks of life
Cons
Watching critcal patients suffer and expire.
Great place to start
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 22, 2015
This is a great place to start your career, but not for longevity. It is a learning level one trauma center so you see a lot of things you would not be exposed to at smaller hospitals. Unfortunately it is also an underfunded hospital so raises are small when you do get them (i.e. 25 cents after no raise for 6 years). It is very hard to rise the ranks in the lab as the management has been here for 15 plus years. This is a good thing because they are experienced, but is also bad because it leaves no room for employees to grow into management if they wish. It is also hard to change policy with the times as they are stuck in their ways or funding will not be given for updates, and upgrades.
Pros
great place to start, lots of learning experiences
Cons
no pay increases, no place for growth
Mmc
SENIOR REIMBURSEMENT SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 16, 2015
I dedicated myself to the Memorial Health Systems for 25 years. And, if there is one thing I took from there that has helped me tremendously over the past 8 years, it would be what I learned from them about being a team member. In a working environment, if you stand alone, you will fail.
Fun
Courier/ Lab Outreach (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 16, 2015
Great job that keeps you busy. Friendly co workers and understanding bosses. Great and competitive benefits package that encompasses the entire family,
poor working conditions
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 21, 2015
Not much to say other than they want to work you to death with minimal compensation. Very short breaks, and poor management.
Pros
nothing
Cons
pay, short breaks, work too stressful