Memorial Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Fantastic
Pediatrics' Associate Front (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 20, 2018
It was an fantastic experience. I will absolutely recommend it to anyone.I used to volunteered over there and it was a pleasure to work along with the pleasant nurses.
fast paced
Charge Nurse / Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Emergency department is very busy, fast paced. Work under stress and able to manage critical patients. Nursing ratio is 4:1, up to 5:1. There is team work.
Ok if you want to work under white supremacy
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Very poor management. White employees are provided more opportunities than other ethnicities. even with less education and experience I have seen them climb to supervisory roles. Watched a charge nurse allow certain privileges to her white counterparts which excluded other ethicities.
Interesting and enjoyable Job
Supervisor Loretta Burbridge (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 12, 2018
I found my job to be interesting and challenging. I really enjoyed interacting with the Patients' parents helping them set up payment plans or whatever else they needed.
Traveling to my practices that I billed and collected for and interacting with the office staff and doctors was also very enjoyable. I had good communication with all of them.
Some of the hardest parts came with dealing with the insurance companies when there was an issue regarding a physician not being loaded in their system correctly, which affected the claims process.
Overall, I loved my job.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Management Style
Enjoyed mt tenure there
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 11, 2018
Wonderful hospital. Provided excellent care for the children. The surgeons whom I worked for were world class and would trust them with my own children.
GREAT Employer!
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 11, 2018
Wonderful place to work with caring staff! Truly a family-feel amongst the staff. Excellent care towards patients. They go above and beyond to administer care!
Memorial Healthcare System
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 1, 2018
Memorial was a fun place to work. Worked remotely as consultant because the drive was getting too far. Would periodically drive to Hollywood to attend meetings and to train.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
Very slow paced.
great place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 31, 2017
one of the best companies that I have worked for. I would have stayed longer but I moved back home to California to be near family. I was able to give the kind of care that makes patients feel like family
money first
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 21, 2017
lack of employee help; just want to cut your troath so they could get your hours; management only cares to save money so they could get bigger bonus at the end of fiscal year because they save the department so much money. $$$$ oriented supervisors
under ex-Tenet CEO management
Rad Tech (Former Employee) –  westDecember 20, 2017
under staff; benefits been cut; send home early when slow; new management has turn this hospital into a factory; managers will do anything to please the department director and screw his employees.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
they will take your overtime the they after because is slow; they send you home
not good at all
RN (Current Employee) –  memorial hospital westDecember 18, 2017
very understaffed at MHW/OR. not just hectic, but disorganized, cluttered, employees are constantly pushed to turn over rooms whether it is safe for pt's or not. Collectively, this is the worst group of physicians I have ever worked with in the OR. They are demeaning, ungrateful of your efforts and most days speak to you only when they need something. there is a handful of MD's that aren't like this; mostly the anesthesia physicians, who are actually very good. But I have regularly witnessed surgeons yell, scream, huff out of the room, "file complaints" over the least little thing, kick assistants out of the room. I am currently looking for another job and SEVERAL other nurses have said the same concerning other opportunities.
Pros
it's less than 10 miles from my house.
Cons
see above
Nursing Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 15, 2017
Great benefits, great company. You will feel like you belong. The company cafeteria is good and consistent. I have nothing else to say but why is there a 150 min.
Loved working there
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 13, 2017
My immediate supervisor was EXCELLENT, I loved my job and the pay was great. The benefit s where awesome. Excellent healthcare benefits.I live 20 blocks away so it was.a short commute.
Pros
Great medical
Cons
Ratio to high
Terrbile
Accounts Payable Specialist/Procurement (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 10, 2017
Horrible back- stabber liers and HR turns their back on you. Supervisor created false accusations and got me fired. Supervisor believed her best friend who filled her mind with junk. I was moved to a position that was eliminated and in turn gave me 3 times the amount of work.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 8, 2017
Good workplace culture
Enjoyable people to work with
Did not enjoy working an off shift in a part of town where I did not feel secure.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Bad shift
Doing my community service hours here gave me a terrific experience.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 29, 2017
I did over 200 community service hours here and recieved a silver chord upon graduating because of it. Doing my community service hours there made me wanna be an actual employee there.
Pros
Work experience obtained
Cons
No Cons
relaxed atmosphere, competitive pay, lots of opportunity to learn
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 28, 2017
good place to work. would go back anytime to work again .lots of help when unit is busy.sometimes difficult to get holiday vacation, also some staff can get away with not working every other weekend which is required.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
too many new inexperienced rns to orient all at once
Adminsitrations
Lawson Application Administrator/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 24, 2017
As the system administrator for the EPR system I was responsible and accountable for ensuring the system was operational for the user community, I would write reports, programs and implement Web base application of the EPR system to help employees and manager execute their jobs more efficiently
A well known and well respected community hospital
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 19, 2017
My experience working as an OT in the Outpatient Behavioral Health Program was very rewarding and had an opportunity to work with patients from the Caribbean, South America, Cuba and Russia. As the sole OT I had a chance to collaborate with other mental health programs and provide unique opportunities that would enrich the patient's lives. I worked with some wonderful staff who were very caring and dedicated to their work.
free lunches
Pharmacy Technician, Intern (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 17, 2017
free lunches,good experiences,good management,nice salary,nothing bad to say about memorial health care system i didnt work for memorial health care for long time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2