Memorial Healthcare System Employee Reviews

It was a nice place to work, charge RN was really helpful.
RN (Med-Tele) (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 12, 2017
It is a good company to work for. I had to leave the work because of personal reasons. However, now as a nurse practitioner, I am again expecting to work for this company.
Memorial
Patient Access Secretary (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 11, 2017
A typical day is hectic, my department lacks team work and has a culture of blaming. The hardest part of my job is the unrealistic time sets on everything.
Very Stressful
Co-Dir Dept of Lab Med. and Path. (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 9, 2017
After 30 + years I found the stress of the job was harming my health.

Great deal of political infighting. A culture of "do it our way or else and your ideas do not matter"
Pros
Cons
stress
innovative place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 9, 2017
MHS is always advancing, it cares for its employees but it is not the highest paying organization. It places priority on patient safety. Advancemt can be a challenge but it is a good place to grow and gain experience.
Pros
good benefits, discounts, payroll deduction
Cons
challenging advancement
n/a
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 28, 2017
ok place to work short staffed a lot underpaid nurse has a million things to do usually with no assistance management isn't always the best when it comes to compassion
World Class Organization
Clinical Manager/Primary Care Center (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 25, 2017
Memorial Healthcare System is the best employer that I have ever worked for throughout my entire nursing career. The Visionary leadership during my tenure was second to none! The only reason I left was due to relocation that was too far away to commute.
Pros
Empathetic, Humane, Diverse, Excellent
Cons
improve the way you evaluate
Laboratory (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 23, 2017
-improve the way you evaluate.
-unfair supervisor.
-no matter how you work, my supervisor always give me "need standard" in my evaluation. For this reason, get lowest bonuses and just 1% increase a year.
Efficient work environment, but employee care is lacking.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 21, 2017
For a company that is a patient and family centered establishment, the political agendas of certain management seem to supersede what's best for the patients and their needs. Aside from that, the system of the hospital runs smoothly. Each respective department plays their role to the best of their ability and their performance affects the workload of the other departments. In attempts to keep cost down, probationary period is indefinite so benefits may take years to attain.
Pros
Discounted lunches, On site healthcare for employees.
Cons
Lack of benefits
Be careful. Apply at your own risk
Registered Professional Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Being hired for a position only to find out the position is not going to start for up to another year. Getting thrown onto a med/surg unit that you had no interest in. Preceptorship is quite the joke. your preceptors are glad to have you so they can have a day off not to do any work. They just use you to get their work done.
Good place to work, but not much room to grow
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Memorial is a great place to work with pretty good benefits. The only issue is there's not always a ton of room to grow. Still worthwhile for the people you work with.
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FL 33021September 15, 2017
Its a good place to work, good benefits and bonus. Its a very compasion company. The only reason I'm leaving is for relocation purpose. The company have activities for everyone.
Pros
bonus
Cons
parking spaces
Review
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 14, 2017
If you like clinic pharmacy then you will enjoy working there.

There all sorts of opportunities and fields to work in such as oncology, pediatrics, cardiology, etc.
Pros
Great cafeteria.
Cons
Parking is bad.
great place to work!
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 14, 2017
If you love working in high intensity and fast paced environments, then Neurosurgery is the place for you. Memorials culture is one that can't be touched! you interact with people form all of the world on a day to day basis. Its definitely somewhere I would encourage anyone who is trying to get into the medical field to work if the opportunity presented itself.
Excellent and competitive work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 9, 2017
MHS provides excellent work atmosphere and promotes employees educational growth. Provides high percentage of customer satisfaction. Very good team work and promoting interpersonal communication.
Pros
benfits such as health care
Productive & fun workplace.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Worked here as one of my first jobs. It was interesting to say the least to dispose of bio hazardous materials at the hospital. Everyone was always nice.
Pros
Great Hospital
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Advance Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 31, 2017
My experience with Memorial Healthcare was a good one. The employers are nice. Employees are a pleasure to work with. The department I worked for was not very stressful. However there were deadlines, and goals to meet daily. You must be flexible, empathatic, and willing to change due to the changes in healthcare. Memorial itself is a great place to work, and grow for anyone in the medical field. However the department I worked for did not offer much room for me to grow in accordance with the degree I am pursuing.
Great Organization to work for
Registered Nurse III- Charge/Resource Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 30, 2017
Memorial is a Very enjoyable place to work. Great Staff, continuing education, and benefits. Always expanding! Provide family centered care throughout the organization
Benefits
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 29, 2017
I enjoyed my time at memorial. It does have a problem with many companies of playing favorites. But if you show up to do your work and ignore the politics you will be fine.
Benefits
Cons
Politics, Lack of advancement in registration
Loved it!
Registered Nurse, Medical/Surgical/Orthopedic (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 29, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work and I would highly recommend working there. It was such a great place to work and the people are absolute amazing. It is a great system to work for.
Promotions are given by preference
Professional (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 27, 2017
The harder you work, the more that is expected. Leaders ask for your opinion, but really don't want to hear what you say. They want you to conform. Love the patients and helping them recover.
Pros
Benefits are good but have changed since Affordable Care Act
Cons
Looking to replace seasoned employees with millenials.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2