Memorial Healthcare System

Memorial Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Very productive and fun work place
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Memorial West HospitalMarch 21, 2017
Everyday is a great day. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and courteous. An exceptional place to learn, and gain much experience from the work itself and the staff.
Great system to work for
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Admissions coordinator work is busy work! All day spent on ither the phone or the computer reviewing pts for admissions,speaking with case managers and family members.Hardest part is having to decline a pt because they do not meet criteria and the most enjoyable is when a family member will come to see us and express their thanks when we can take their family memeber.
Surgical schedule postion
Surgical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 20, 2017
Scheduling surgeries and other office duties related to surgeries very busy schedule . Having 5 to 6 different managers during the time I was employed there did not impress . Some coworkers were wonderful and others made life difficult made the best of it for the patients care.
Pros
Increased medical terminology knowledge
Cons
Poor management and short breaks
We go beyond what expected from us
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Everyday is a challenge. A typical day at work is just giving the best of all that we have to offer and with all the tasks and work we have to complete to the best of our abilities. We go beyond what it is expected of us.
An average workplace
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLFebruary 6, 2017
The employees are great, but my experience there was just average. Strict timekeeping--you are marked for being just one minute late.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Strict timekeeping
Very nice place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 11, 2017
I truly enjoy my position at Memorial Hermann! They promote good health for the employees, they have great doctors and support system. They also give a lot of services and products to the community. I would recommend anyone who is looking for an employer, to seriously consider applying.
Memorial Healthcare System
Outpatient Courier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 7, 2017
I was a courier for this hospital where I picked up labs, pathology, and delivered supplies. I learned to HIPAA compliant, a lot about pathology and how to handle them and I learned how to do phlebotomy. Later I got certified in phlebotomy. I got along well with management and co-workers. I mostly worked with clients at the physicians offices. The hardest part about the job was delivering supplies to all the different physicians offices. I enjoyed meeting all my new clients at the different physicians offices and picking up for pathology. You never new knew what you were going to pick up from other hospitals to be tested.
Pros
I did get some free lunches, I also got to learn a lot of the city of Chattanooga
Cons
Delievering the paper products to the different physicians offices, having to wait for long periods of time for the end of the day for all patients to be seen.
Great company to work for!
Patient Financial Services Representative III (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 5, 2017
I have been with Memorial for almost 7 years. I have learned so much in the time that I've been here. The management team cares about the staff and genuinely want you to be successful. Since my department works out of call center, our days can be a little hectic. But, if you treat patients the same way that you would treat your family/friends, you'll have very happy patients which always makes for a great call!
Its great
Clinical Research Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 31, 2016
I love working for Memorial Health Systems. It is a great place to work and I would recommend anyone who is looking for a job in healthcare to try and apply to be a part of the memorial health system.
Very customer/patient oriented
Customer Service Representative - Registrar (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 18, 2016
Everyone has worked very well together, a real team experience. Really enjoyed helping people in need. Management seemed to really care, excellent opportunity to advance, through training and education available.
Pros
Real family atmosphere for a large employer
Cons
Moved to PRN
good place
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 18, 2016
It is really good place to work where patient safety is first. Also provide classes to employees for keeping staffs educated.
Pros
bonus
Great
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 3, 2016
Working here as taught me a lot on the hospital floor as a newbie coming in without any experience.Friendly Kind and patient.
Excellent work environment
Nurse Manager nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Very professional hospital setting. Plenty of opportunity for professional growth. Ability to transfer to alternative units as desired. Friendly and supportive atmosphere.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
High pressure environment
Workplace clean and respectable
Licensed Practical Nurse, patient care assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 19, 2016
Very good place to work its diversified and family atmosphere when you work with your employees so long you start to build relationships.
coworkers make it worth it
Operating Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 16, 2016
the respect the communities have for the company is amazing this hospital has a pilliar in the area.Yhey don't like to hand out raises and don't care about your personnel life
Pros
opportunities
Cons
pay and recognition
Fun workplace and Team
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2016
I've learned so much from my co-workers. We all have different strength and weakness. We all can learn from each other. The most enjoyable moment in my job is when I put a smile on someone face when I help them.
Pros
Team Meeting
Cons
Managment
Productive workplace without management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 14, 2016
I learned that to be a team player is the most important aspect of any healthcare job. Management was difficult to work with at times. My co-workers were good people for the most part, there are always some bad apples that ruin the bunch. The hardest part was the hours being 12hour shifts in the evening and finding time for family and school
Cons
getting breaks was sometimes an issue. our health insurance was terrible
A day at work At MHS
Payment Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 13, 2016
A typical day at work starts with sorting accounts by high dollars then by aging.
I learned to interpret contracts. Management is pleasant most of the time as well as co workers.
Never call you back
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLJune 14, 2016
There's over a dozen of patient care tech jobs you apply and no one ever gets back to you no recruiter to talk too I guess you have to know some one to get in! I guess they aren't the in need for workers that care just whom ever they like!
Not what you think.
Community youth counselor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 6, 2016
A lot of people think because community youth services is acknowledged by MHS that it will be a great place to work, wrong! Management have unrealistic expectations, you will work OVER your 40 hours and not get paid for it! working with the children and families is rewarding however management does not care about you and they will work you to the bone. This positon is all about billing, billinng, billing no one stays long. Pay is ok. Co-workers is what keeps you going every day to not quit. Try to get a position in the hospital and not at CYS.

Good for a first time job after grad school then leave
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No breaks, long hours, no overtime pay, management, team leader

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.