Memorial Healthcare System Employee Reviews

NO SUPPORT
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 28, 2015
The home health division, mainly management and a few subordinates, ARE NOT welcoming nor supportive of the field nurses. The focus is primarily billing, and the morale is low and hostile. My dream was to be an employee at Memorial but this experience was not a pleasant one. I do,however, wish to return as an employee in the future, just not for the home health division/department.
Benefits
Cons
Hostile work environment
review summary
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXNovember 24, 2015
A typical day at work was quit pleasurable, Learned to communicate when others might be having a bad day, management was management , always busy, co-workers was pleasant. I think the hardest part of the job was the computer program that we worked with, and the most important part of the job was being able to do my job and do it well, and knowing the management was pleased. with my work.
Great place to work for
Director of Strategic Analytics (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2015
Great place to work for, Great team and culture, Great hours and flexibility for school and work hours. Supportive management.
Memorial Healthcare
Eligibility Trainer/Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 14, 2015
The Memorial culture is family centered with the patient as the focus of everything we do. Working at Memorial is very satisfying. They truly care about their patients and their employees
Pros
Great Company with room for advancement
Cons
because it's a hospital it's not for someone looking for a 9 to 5 Monday through Friday job
Feels Like Home
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 12, 2015
I have really enjoyed working at Memorial Miramar Hospital because I always feel like I am surrounded by positive people who truly care about what they do. Working in the Emergency Room has taught me a lot about patience and the power of kindness, aside from proving to me just how important health promotion and preventative measures are.
Pros
Great health insurance, plenty of parking, paid leave, discounted meals
n/A
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  PembrokeOctober 14, 2015
Overall this is a good company to work for. This company has lots of perks and people tend to very welcoming. other than that, i do not have any further comments.
family caring for family workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Always productive and learn something new each day, I enjoyed being around people who cares. Hardest part of my job is to see a baby expires in the ER.
I enjoyed making a difference in peoples's life.
Pros
Hospital recognition - excellent patient service
Benefits
fantastic to work here
RN (Current Employee) –  Savannah,GaAugust 20, 2015
Hospital is wonderful, I enjoy my co-workers. They are a great team. The ER is very busy and is a very challenging place to work but I have learned something new everyday.
Great company to work for . Friendly atmosphere.
Financial Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Hollywood,FloridaAugust 19, 2015
Excellent Hospital, Very productive. Constant productivity and monitoring Good Management . Great benefits with Employee activities, making job enjoyable.
Pros
free coffee, cafeteria discounts and a yearly bonus
Family-Oriented Healthcare System
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 11, 2015
Memorial Hospital Miramar is a family-friendly place that always makes it's employees and patient's it's number one priority. I was always greeted down the hallway with a smile and a "hello". I love working for Memorial Healthcare because I always felt challanged and was always given the opportunity to take classes that would help me advance in my department. Also, Memorial pays for your studies and that is always a huge plus!
Pros
School tuition reimbursement
Intense Job
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  HollywoodJune 4, 2015
Home visits required working odd hours and late nights. You would have to write notes in your car. Management was all about billing. Out of 8 working hours 7 had to be billed otherwise you would be in trouble. A big emphasis was on billing. The team leaders were not very empathic towards workers. They truly lacked compassion for workers. I enjoyed working with the children and families, Engaging and building a great rapport was the best part of the job
Pros
Great Benefits and employee health
Cons
Late hours, working in not so great neigborhoods, extensive billing, management not open to suggestions
Fast paced independent workplace
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLApril 30, 2015
My work day is never the same as another. My job consistently brings new challenges that aid me in advancing my skills. I manage 9 therapist and 1 case manager. We discuss cases/issues daily. I mange a contract and make sure that we are budgeting our funds accordingly. I love being able to motivate my team on a daily basis when the job gets tough. I would say the thing I love most about my job is my team.
Pros
Flexibility in my schedule, great medical insurance
Cons
Late hours
Management Really Bad,Short Staff Especially on weekends
Radiological Technologist (Former Employee) –  WestApril 4, 2015
I worked in Radiology for a good amount of time over 10 years,
when I first started there it was a great place.Slowly in time the place went down hill fast. Cutbacks galore, firing of employees monthly.Many good people lost jobs there.
You walk on egg shells in the place. They want you to go fast but if you make a mistake look out "GO WRITE A STATEMENT".then you are in the office explaining it.Don't dare tell them you are busy they don't want to hear that.A typical Tuesday in Radiology you have 7 techs scheduled to work Mornings... Between 5:30a- 9:00am.. by 9am sometimes earlier you have 4 sometimes 5 people up in the O.R. leaving 2 people downstairs handling everything else. Meanwhile in the Emergency Dept. which is one of the busiest in Broward . You have ONE tech working without any supporrt no Transporter no nothing.. Oh by the way you have 87 rooms in the Emergency Dept to deal with. Needless to say you get backed up fast and the physicians start calling.. On Sundays they staff 4 Technologist until 2pm. 5:30a, 7am, 8am, 9am.. Surgery does not
close on Sunday.. So once again you are short staffed.. Lunch relief if you are lucky to get it on a busy Sunday may start at 12:30 or 1pm for the 5:30a tech.. Then you work with 3 techs until 2p . But you are still at 4 techs because the early tech goes home. Oh how about the Supervisor.. Well he does help sometimes taking a few portables but most times he is inside his office.Not only him but the weekday supervisors are no better. They overlap shifts so there are 2 Supervisors for 90 mins or so.. There have been times where
  more... I havn't gotten a lunch break until very late around 3pm and the two Supervisors are in their offices doing what??? If It was me I would make sure all of my employees had lunch.. This creates very low morale..
Memorial use to be a great place but now it has a lot to be desired..
They know they have you too, because the job market for Rad Techs is not good. One last thing this goes for the whole system not just Radiology.. Merit Raises comes once a year.. They are 1%- 2%- 3% depending on your evaluation over the past year. Very hard to get 3%.. But figure it out a employee that makes $12.00 an hour get a raise between 12/36 cents over a year..Memorial always makes it about them they say what is best for the department..
Pros
A few free Lunches throughout the year..
Cons
Short Staff, OVERWORKED, Low Morale from employees, OVERALL BAD MANAGMENT
Good Reputation for Healthcare Services
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 29, 2015
Great company to work for with decent pay and benefits. The coworkers are decent to work with and the job is quite stable.
Pros
Decent pay and beneifts
Cons
Needs more room and chances for advancement
Safe job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 3, 2015
Busy practice so guaranteed job security along with great benefits. The staff is friendly. This is an overall great system to work for.
Productive workplace
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 2, 2015
Good learning experience for me.
I had the opportunity to learn and practice many skills
Very friendly environment.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with many patients at once.
The most enjoyable part is making a difference is someone life and being told that you have made their day better.
Pros
friendly environment and many opportunities to practice skills / learn
Cons
n/a
Very family orientated and the work place provided a plethora of experience pertaining to my professional degree.
Wellness Coordinator/Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 8, 2015
The start of a normal work day would vary depending on events and programs that I would implement for our organization. I am an administrator with a salary position so my office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the evening. First, I establish a fallow up of the previous day's accomplishments, questions, and concerns by implementing a morning "Safety Huddle." Then I proceed with the morning by checking all messages and emails. I now would make a spreadsheet of: 1) Employees with concerns and questions that may pertain to their compensation or benefits packages that coincide with my employee wellness program; 2) business partners that may need my assistance with wellness events and programs needed to be implemented. This spreadsheet is a creation derived from the messages and emails from that morning, I will fallow up with each individual, personnel, to resolve each issue. While at the same time of offering my assistance I find time to: Run wellness reports on my employee's progress through the company's wellness program and create ways to increase program participation by creating lunch and learns, health fairs, biometric screenings, employee forums, and other activities that help lower our companies health care costs through wellness initiatives; getting meetings arranged to help move my initiatives. This job has taught me valuable time management skills in partnership with a very valuable team building personality. Memorial has taught me that you can not hold yourself back with letting your dreams and ideas be heard. This facility has given me the tools I need to help  more... take any company or incorporation to the top, whoever may accept my request of employment. The people that have made this administrator who he is today would be the co-workers of this facility. It will be hard to top the co-workers that i have now at this facility, they have truly taught me that you can have a family at the work place.  less
Great place to work and professional atmosphere
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 3, 2014
Memorial Healthcare System is a great place to work but depending on your position there may not be enough room to move up. I have a great boss and I get along with my co-workers.
Pros
benefits, healthcare
Enjoyable place to work for
Eligibility Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 1, 2014
Work assigned accounts from a workque, answer & make client/agency calls. Follow up on accts & case status. Billing of accounts accordingly.
I have learned that there are many different personalities & work ethics that the only thing that matters at the end of your day is self satisfaction, job well done.
The management team lacks professional at times in their form of communication especially in emails & in verbal contact. Co-workers are mostly friendly & caring. The hardest part of the job is the delayed response from the agencies for timely case status. The most enjoyable part of my job is I am able to part take in the process of helping out the community with financial & other resources for their current & fututre well being in healthcare.
Pros
jean day friday, occasional catered lunches, donuts & sales offered by vendors
Cons
short breaks, no cafeteria
Busy schedule doing I.R. procedures, circulating in U/S and CT, ordering supplies
Interventional Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 16, 2014
Benefits are pretty good. Management has an open door policy.
The day tends to fly by due to being busy. But regardless of how busy the day, staff is usually helping each other out. Patient safety is top priority.
Pros
free lunches, t-shirts, bags