Memorial Healthcare Employee Reviews

management is very poor at this hospital
Registered Nurse/Surgery (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIDecember 29, 2015
This hospital was once a great place to work, but recent administration and board changes has had a negative affect on this hospital. The administration and board members are not listening to the staff or working with them for a positive output. The president and vice-president of the future progress of the hospital have no medical experience either does the CEO. So they are not moving the hospital forward.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
poor benefits and poor management
A great place to work
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 6, 2015
I always like to improve my job by using the tools I have, and love to share with others, all my work experience, to achieve companies goals.
Pros
My job gets down effeciently.
Cons
Not having physical movement.
Great hometown hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIAugust 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction between my co-workers and my patients.
The hardest part of my job was the difficulties between multiple layers of management.
Pros
The challenges I faced each day.
Cons
Difficulties resulting from layers of management
Good Employer
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIJuly 23, 2015
Memorial Healthcare has great people and can be a great place to work. I enjoy all my coworkers. They pay well and the benefits are adequate. The patient care is excellent and the clinical staff is very good. I would recommend to everyone I know.
Willing to teach those who are new to the field.
Lab Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIJune 18, 2015
I am thankful for the opportunity I was given being a new phlebotomist, however the lack for advancing into a full time position was a let down.
very productive the past 20 years
operator/registration clerk (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIFebruary 26, 2015
I start by running and completing daily reports, then I prepare surgery charts for the upcoming days, all the while I am answering the hospital switchboard and checking in Emergency patients. I fax paperwork to the proper areas, and I clean and stock my area for the next shift, and I do this all alone, with no co workers on my shift.
Pros
less hectic
Cons
working around all the illnesses that come through the door
Great place to learn and grow.
Prevention Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 7, 2015
It was a great place to work in, schedule wasn't for me. I went to various middles and taught a curriculum based on drug prevention. Although the information given was older it was well for the students
memorial healthcare
Supervisory work (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Worked with many doctors which was pleasant. Learned a lot of staff and management but found the hospital environment a little to unstable as far as job security. As a supervisor, I would have to restructure my department to cut many of the jobs which was difficult. Many changes occurred while there but the work environment was nice.
Productive place to work
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIDecember 27, 2014
excellent co-workers. hardest part of job is not getting attached to the patients
This was a great opportunity for me to use my communication skills.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT, INSUCTOR, MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 26, 2014
I was given an opportunity to educate our diabetic patients. This was an experience of a lifetime. I worked directly with our Medical Director and CEO to develop this program; working within the parameters and guidelines established by our medical team and our disease management department, I coordinated and implemented these procedures into a well designed manual for education. We received great positive feedback from our patients and they became more involved in the maintenance of their health. More importantly, I learned so much from them. I was saddened when our company had to close.

I would welcome again the opportunity to work with people in the development of their health issues and general well-being. I truly miss working with people.
Pros
a wonderful place to work. the patients were always our first concern.
Cons
not really many. the company was bought out by another health care organization.
Management needs more training.
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Physcians OfficeMay 24, 2014
Loved my job when I first started, similar to other reviewers above but definetly went downhill soon after started. Schedule changed frequently making chilcare impossible. Management didn't care. They never tried to understand or work on thier mistakes only pointing the blame so no heat was on them.
Coworkers were great but need more praise as they are over looked and are the ones who run the offices. Lots if negetive feedback from Management, no praise whatsoever.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
barely get a break an 8 hour day.
Experience at Memorial Healthcare
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIMay 5, 2014
Working at Memorial Healthcare was a 12 hour 3rh shift job. It was a great learning experience working there. The nurses were great at answering questions and helping as I learned. I did blood pressures, blood draws, answered call lights and helped patients with all of there needs. I stocked lab trays and supplies, took dirty equipment to sterile prossessing and charted all of the patient notes, information and progress in the computer. The hardest part of the job was feeling like I didn't have enough one on one time with the patients and the best part of the job was caring for , understanding and getting to know the patients.
Professional work place
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIFebruary 8, 2014
My day starts with a huddle from the manager to give updates about the senses. She lets us know about any issues pertaining to any specific area. She presents issues within our department and or complaints that need to be address as a whole. I learn that customer service is a priority on how people are treated regardless if it is a patient, or family member, or co-worker. Management is improving. My co-workers are hard workers, and misunderstood. The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication in my department, and completing daily tasks when short staffed. The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference to the patient, family members, or hurting co-workers. I have been told I make a difference.
Pros
our ceo has an open door policy.
Cons
cafeteria pricesare increasing.
Hospital focused on patient centered care
Register Nurse (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIJanuary 26, 2014
Memorial Healthcare is a hospital that focus's on patient centered care and prides itself on keeping its employee up to date on the most recent technologies.
Quick adopter of information technology to meet clinical goals
Senior Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIDecember 7, 2013
Busy days with lots of variety. 40 hour work weeks with some on-call.

Rapid pace and lots of technology in use. They really should staff more people in IT, but it is tough with limited funding.

Good team environment. Great boss to work for.
Pros
excellent medical benefits
Cons
support a very wide range of technology
Productive and fun working enviroment
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Owosso,MiNovember 26, 2013
Rooming patients, vitals, patient history.
As a float I worked in a varity of office's
Overall a very enjoyable place to work.
Medical Records and Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MINovember 13, 2013
I worked with wonderful people who were always willing to assist one another, patients, and visitors. Compensation and benefits were excellent with plenty of opportunity for advancement.
benefits
Cons
multiple changes in management
The friendly and helpful employees made it a nice place to work.
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIAugust 26, 2013
A typical day would include the following: process charts for scanning, query physicians for addtional information on charts, process physician office requests for medical records, answer phones, process patient requests for medical records.

I learned the various processes that a medical chart goes through before it can be released as a complete medical record.

Management regularly came to the office to discuss changes in the chart that would effect the steps of processing the chart.

My co-workers were very helpful when I faced new questions and requests. They would walk me through the various steps of how to process or answer a request.

The hardest part of the job was learning how to get to the various departments to pick up the charts.

Besides making new friends, the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing at the end of the day that I had done my best and put in a good days work.
Pros
health benefits were very affordable.
Cons
heating/cooling needs to be updated.
Fun place to work,
Receptionist/Tech Assistant/ File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIMay 6, 2013
Co-workers are great and would love to continue to work there, but I need more stability, hours are being cut and I would like to work better hours than what I'm currently working.
Uncoordinated Mess
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Owasso, MIDecember 9, 2012
People get fired there for no apparent reason. Started working there and found out how unorganized they are. When hired in, I had been told that my input would be appreciated. That was soon told that I should shut up and just do what they say! Not that I was trying to necessarily change things, just wanted to insure the patients health was not in jeopardy. Whenever I asked a question, I was met with criticism. Was fired for no clear reason along with someone else.
Pros
clean
Cons
bad communication. senior employees treat new people like dirt.