Memorial Hermann Employee Reviews

Found 1,129 reviews matching the search
Great Organization
Senior Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
Great organization as a whole to work for. You have job security and there are small incentives to working here. On the downside, you have very little advancement opportunities and will most like be expected to do the work of 2-3 people for the same pay.
Pros
Occassional Free Lunches
Cons
Little to no advancement opportunities
Best place to learn and grow
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2017
I loved loved working for this company. They are awesome group of people to work for. They stress education.And they pay for going back to school. Anyone would love to work for them!!
Pros
pay
Cons
parking
Decent pay, stimulating work, unorganized management
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at memorial hermann, but unexpectedly got laid off even though management assured us many times we not be affected by the pending lay offs.
Worked with great people
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
Was surround by great staff that was always willing to give a helping hand. Busy environment that always kept you on the go. Always offered extensive learning opportunities.
Pros
Frequent interaction with NFL players
Cons
short 30 minute lunch breaks
My Beginning
Mammographer/CT Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2017
Originally, I was hired here to work an Out Patient multi-modality clinic. I am bilingual (Spanish) and majority of my patients were Spanish speakers.
I performed Screenings and Diagnostic exams seeing 15-20 patients per day, working on my own in Mammo.
I also assisted in other areas of the facility, such as X-ray and CT. I loved the environment and the staff that I worked with, many of whom I am still friends with today.
I worked regular day shift 8am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday, no weekends. The hardest part of the job was on busy days I had no backup to assist me with patients and paperwork. Nevertheless, it was an extremely pleasant job and I was commended frequently as the GELB system was used here.
Throughout my learning years with MH, I switched to PRN and traveled through the various facilities, which I enjoyed. I also was accepted into Premiere, MH elite staffing agency, which paid very well. As time went by, Premiere was not used as frequently.
Pros
Busy, fast-paced, effervescent environment; no weekends
Cons
No PRN assistance
Not bad but not for me
ED Nurse (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 16, 2017
Great nightshift management! Wasn't the hospital for me, but I know a lot of nurses that are happy there. I just want more critical care in the ER. The nightshift manager chad is truly wonderful
Work is Energizing!
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  TMCJuly 13, 2017
the work atmosphere is upbeat and exciting. the pace takes you on a journey where you learn everyday and enjoy it! it is the perfect place for a pleasing healthcare career.
I didn't really like the enviornment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2017
I didn't like how they would make me work every weekend and allow the other people to be off every week! They had their picks of who they wanted and at what times even though it got in the way of the original schedule that was made upon being hired
Click
defer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2017
Do not agree with the vision and direction of the company. Sorry, this is all the information I feel comfortable sharing at this time. I am a professional and choose not sharing dirty laundry.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unstable
Great Place to work
Material Management Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 11, 2017
Loved working at Memorial Hermann. was a great environment and great people. I learned a lot and was given every opportunity to advance and excel. Very opened minded with lots of independent work.
Pros
great staff amd healthcare benefits
Not the best
RN III - Transplant Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
I really did not enjoy working here. Management was unorganized and micromanaging. Patient load was very heavy and staff was always short. The staff themselves were simply amazing!! They worked hard and always as a team, I have to say I did learn a lot from them.
Opportunity to learn about many medical diseases
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
I learned about crisis intervention, the grief cycle, the importance of wellness and disease management, and how to best help families advocate for their loved ones.
Excellent ER experience
Clinical Information Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
Worked as a scribe at Memorial Hermann ED. The physicians are all excellent. It is a pleasure working with some of the most competent staff in the business.
Great job
Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2017
We had about 7 managers so they are not bright in that part.need to be more stable because different managers expect different things.and when you are constantly changing it confuses the employees.
Pros
Bonuses, great food, always doing things for their employees.
Cons
Different managers
Working at Memorial Hermann was a great experience.
Patient Export (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2017
I loved it here, there was really no negatives. We received great benefits, hours scheduled were more than manageable. This is a great place for promotion if you are social and you do your job correctly.
terrible management and a culture of producing "yes" men
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2017
Memorial Hermann does a great job in promoting people to their level of incompentency. I worked at 2 different facilities and saw first hand how poorly management could destroy employee morale. Poor communication, favoritism, and absenteeism are just few major issues. I rarely saw my managers even when they said they would be available. Leadership was left up to the employees on site and since the managers weren't ever present took the word of the employee they favored best. Memorial Hermann is a corporation and not a hospital system. They truly do not care about their patients but the bottom line.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Supportive workplace culture
Director, Business Solutions, Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2017
Workplace culture was highly supportive and collaborative. Management was engaged and provided significant flexibility for Directors to manage direct reports.
Good experience
Neuro ICU (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2017
I have very good relationship with my co-workers. We function as a team and we are flexible with patient assignment and schedule. We strongly practice professionalism, courtesy and good communication with every co-worker, patient and patient's family.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  PACUJuly 8, 2017
Poor management, not responsive to opinions that are different than their own, and are retailatory when one disagrees in any way. Unusual and inadequate choice of medications to administered to patients, and again are unresponsive for suggestions for approvement therein.
Working in the lab
Processor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 7, 2017
I was working in the lab and it was great. Different parts of the hospital would send down specimens to get process and I would break them down to where they need to go. I would be quick and make sure I get the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hermann. Our community is ready to answer.