Memorial Hermann Employee Reviews in United States

Great Team work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2016
I believe memorial provide less stressful environment for its employees. Excellent leadership. Good quality of patient care. Organizational structure is very organization.
Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2016
I learned so much Texas laws, I became commissioned , co workers are awesome, hardest part of job is that it can get kind of bordering sometimes, enjoyable part customer service helping out.
Pros
quite, laid back
Workplace
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
poor management, schedule is always changing every week, no communication within the staff, having to deal with difficult patient and management is never there to help, not an actual team, system is always giving issues
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
poor management, no consistency
Staff Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Orthopedics- Joint Center/GeneralApril 20, 2016
Great place to work, great work environment and very caring management. Orthopedic department is the best place to work, they work as a family and all strive for the best. Benefits are pretty good and there is a lot of room for advancement. I am grateful for my opportunity to work here and have advanced in my career greatly since I have been here.
Pros
Great work environment and great management
Cons
Expensive food in the cafeteria, small discount for employees.
Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital
DIRECTOR LEVEL (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
I enjoy working here and believe the hospital and the company strives to provide patients with high quality medical care. I do feel I make a difference both at the company, and for the community at large.
Pros
A sense that I am doing something worthwhile, for patients and the community. Pay is competitive. Benefits are good.
Cons
Competing demands.
see review
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
Long day at work, always new things to learn, productive managment, great co workers, 12 hour long shifts not 8 , enjoyable part of job was laughing
Challenging work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
Appreciated all that I learned from caring for people. I did not adjust to the night shift at all. Enjoyed meeting & working with the nurses & doctors.
Pros
Loved helping people in need
Cons
Healthcare
A lot of work with little pay.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  TMC houston TXApril 13, 2016
its hard to acquire PTO time. The amount of work you do doesn't add up to your pay. Its hard to work at a place that doesn't value you.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
I dont want this job
A great place to work. One of the best hospital institutions to work with.
MEDICAL RECORDS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2016
The culture and staff are professional and friendly. Many opportunities for growth and comprehensive health insurance
Productive workplace that was open to suggestions for improvement
Denial Gatekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2016
Reviewed analyzed and identified clinical and technical claim denials. Submitted appeal letters to obtain reimbursement on denied claims. Produced various reports to facilitate monthly denials meeting. tracked trends and Managed Care issues.
Productive work place
Student Intern, Physician Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was going across the building to pick up check, My coworkers were amazing, i loved them specially my boss, she was the best boss you could ever have.
Good experience
RN II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 5, 2016
The patients here can be complex. Liked getting the experience but not the design of the unit. The design made it where you had to take a pt because a room was open next to you, not based on acuity.
great workplace
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 4, 2016
great workplace,great schedule,fun environment, decent pay, great locations, great employees, room for advancement, great learning opportunities, supervisors & managers who work with you
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX TMCApril 4, 2016
Working for Memorial Hermann was great, co-workers were great, the assistant manager was great she taught me a lot and was great to all employees.
Ready, Set, Action
RN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2016
typical day: non stop busy
learned: a lot!
management: needs improvement
coworkers: cliques, backstabbers, best friends
hardest part: heavy with a terrible staffing grid (currently)
enjoyable: forming connections with coworkers and patients
Medical
OFFICE ASSISTANT/PBX OPERATOR II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2016
Very good medical provider in the community. Seek to help the community, strive to make the community a better place to live. I love being apart of this organization.
Fun place to work
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2016
I learned quite about about HIPPA regulations and hospital grading and reporting. My organizational skills were essential as I served as backup for a System Executive and reported directly to the VP of Compliance and the Director of School Based Clinics and Hospital Reporting.
Pros
Cons
Funding
Advancing health
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2016
Great administration leadership but low ratio of management to employee. Too many required or mandatory classes to take.
A really busy environment.
Universal Hospital Service Technician I (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 17, 2016
Doctor and nurses and any staff member are always having a smile on their faces, and making a patient feel like their at home.
Pros
Friendly, Active.
Cons
n/a
My review
Member Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2016
I have learned so much in Banking as a customer service rep, From online to accounting reports, starting off my day is when I had to print out the Report of overdrafts from members accounts on a daily basis and making sure we are not over looking the customer checking or savings account on being over draft and not the customer not getting fees for it, if we happen to find fees id have to contact the member as a courtesy and advise them in future any more then we would close their card out, Also did claims for customers on their account if there is fraud or a additional charge and was not suppose to have in their account, Also closing cards out and sending new ones and activating cards and verifying if I am talking to the customer and not someone trying to enter their account. Receiving incoming calls and outgoing calls to members. Also verifying if the account is dormant then we would have to call them and let them know if there is no activity in the account then their money would be sent to the state. Reminders to them. Helping members on their account transferring from one account to the next. Receiving documents by fax and submitting claims for fraud. blocking cards if they go out of state w out notifying the bank. At the end of the day I would have to call all branches and making sure they send the checks to me and total all of them out and then send them to the Feds. Also reviewing the online complaints and the online applications to become part of the bank. making sure that their needs are meant through online and also resetting passwords online. And this is daily. I also  more... would give the members their payoff amount when wanting to close out on their loan for their vehicle, and then transfer to a loan officer, And if the members have not paid their car notes for more than 30 days, would send them over to collections dept for payment arrangements.  less