Memorial Hermann Employee Reviews

Found 1,133 reviews matching the search
Supportive workplace culture
Director, Business Solutions, Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2017
Workplace culture was highly supportive and collaborative. Management was engaged and provided significant flexibility for Directors to manage direct reports.
Good experience
Neuro ICU (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2017
I have very good relationship with my co-workers. We function as a team and we are flexible with patient assignment and schedule. We strongly practice professionalism, courtesy and good communication with every co-worker, patient and patient's family.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  PACUJuly 8, 2017
Poor management, not responsive to opinions that are different than their own, and are retailatory when one disagrees in any way. Unusual and inadequate choice of medications to administered to patients, and again are unresponsive for suggestions for approvement therein.
Working in the lab
Processor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 7, 2017
I was working in the lab and it was great. Different parts of the hospital would send down specimens to get process and I would break them down to where they need to go. I would be quick and make sure I get the job.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2017
I would go straight to work on my assignment for the week and if I had any time left I would helped my co-workers. I worked with people from different cultures, from which I learned.
great
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2017
great hospital. great preceptors and instructors, would love to work there. hope they hire me in the future. when do they have an inverview? ha ha ha ha
Good place to work if you enjoy helping others
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2017
My work days and hours were scheduled weeks in advanced. Worked with alot of different patients and everyday was hands on work which i enjoyed very much. You always interact with people and meet and greet people. Must have good people skills and good attitude.
Terrible pay
RN, Nurse residency program (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJuly 6, 2017
I am a new RN however have experience in emergency medicine (just under twenty years) and none of this was considered when determining my income at Hermann. As staff we are overworked and underpaid with poor opportunity for work/life balance. I was "put on the list" to be moved to an AM shift (currently work nights) as promised to me when I was hired, however after a year I've witnessed new hires be placed on day shift while I patiently wait to be offered what was promised to me over a year ago.
Pros
My co-workers are great and I do enjoy working with them
Cons
Short breaks, if any breaks can be afforded at all
Great working environment
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX 77502July 5, 2017
Great working environment. In this facility I was able to expand my experience in different fields. When I worked on this Unit they gave me different opportunities/ Positions to maximize my talent & expertise.
Pros
I was able to maximize my talent in different jobs.
Cons
The whole hospital closed down after it was bought up by another company. .
Unit Secretary, Office Assistant II, Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
A typical day is very fast paste. We see close to 40 patients a day. Learn to use your heart, your head, then your heart again, when dealing with patients. The hardest part of the job is encouraging patients to come in for pre-assessment before surgery. Most enjoyable job is that I get to meet many different people from all over the world.
Pros
We get Christmas gifts
Cons
We can only use Memorial Hermann insurance and doctors
na
Phlebotomy/Patient Access Rep 2 (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2017
great place to work nice people always willing to give you chance for improvement loved the job I was paid to do pay is great management is ok but when its time to go its time to go
Pros
easy
Cons
under staffed
Nice place to work
RN - CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXJuly 5, 2017
worked as a case manager for several units in the hospital on a daily bases . Working OB could be challenging at times when the census was up also pediatrics the same
Pros
loved working with maternal patients, and pediatric patients
Cons
overwhelming when the census was really high trying to get everything done
voluteered in an outpatient lab
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 3, 2017
was a good experience also..great staff..very friendly..skilled workers..busy location..started taking interest in phlebotomy there for the first time
Pros
free lunch
great place to work
PATIENT ACCESS REP II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2017
Great job culture while working in the hysical therapy section of the hospital. great Manager Suzette West, as well as co-workers. they were very helpful in making sure you were trained well on everything you needed for the job!!!
Patient Focused Healthcare System
Physician Liaison (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2017
Memorial Hermann is an excellent company to work for with supportive teams, and a focus on quality patient care. Physicians are respected along with the employees.
Memorial Hermann
Manager, Physician Revenue Cycle Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2017
Very little work/life balance. Upper Management does not communicate very well. Employees are ok to manage. Allowed me to pursue my bachelor's degree while still employed.
Poor Leadership
Central Supply Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2017
I enjoyed working with my team. I am grateful for the opportunities I have had and the people I have met. There are good people here that care about others. Unfortunately, leadership is poor and lack vision.
Pros
There are good people here that care about others.
Cons
Leadership is poor and lack vision.
Professional workplace
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 28, 2017
I did my Medical Assistant externship at Memorial Hermann in a small clinic. I absolutely loved working there and my co-workers were amazing. It was a very professional atmosphere.
Clincals
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 28, 2017
I had to travel her for school twice a semester for a clinical rotation. I was GREAT!!! I learned so much the staff is friendly and willing to help in anyway they can.
Good People, Bad Management
Materials Management Attendant III (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 28, 2017
The people who work at Memorial Hermann Health System are decent people and all are professional in their craft. However, the work atmosphere is very corporate and one does not take long to notice this mood amongst each other. Everyone hired is good at their craft. There is very little room for individuality in this work environment as management quickly asserts it self to remind its employees about the rules and why there are rules; mainly the rules are enforced for safety and for simplicity for anyone to follow your work. They have good line of communication amongst departments and with-inter departments because you will have daily meetings (huddles) about work issues. Suggestions are welcome from anyone, but seldom implemented especially if they differ or contradict current rules. Be ready for constant change from new ideas to reverting back to old ideas. Work each workday as is and don't get discourage of the fickle mindset of management.
Pros
Very nice people to work with
Cons
You are just a number.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hermann. Our community is ready to answer.