Memorial Hermann Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent workplace but needs improvement
LEAD QA PROCESS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
Memorial Hermann is a great place to work with exceptional coworkers and managers. I came in as a contractor and eventually became a fulltime employee. A typical day for me was to ensure our hospital and health solutions applications were defect free and met the end user needs. The most challenging part of the job is the life cycl methodology used to implement projects and applications as I would personally suggest the organization move to an Agile/Scrum approach. The most enjoyable part is being part of a reputable organization that truly cares for it's employees and the community as a whole
Pros
Flexible work schedule/load
Cons
Unstructured IT System
Patient Access Representative/ PBX operator (Current Employee) –  Humble, TX 77338July 8, 2016
Great environment. Great team work and assistance. Enjoy being able to help the many people in our community. I have learned many different aspects of the hospital. How it all starts from being registered in the hospital to how to verify insurance and help to determine what is needed to be paid. The great part of working here is there is lots of room for advancement, they are willing to cross train you in other departments when desired.
Great teaching facility
Registered Nurse- Travel (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2016
Very fast and steady work environment. I learned proper time and management and communication. I love my co-workers and team work.
direct mgr qith no mgt skills
Dietitian Diabetes Educator (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 6, 2016
RDs treated with no respect and requested to have plenty of credentials but no help to maintain them
is one reimb of $125 to cover rd, ld,cde, sports, bariatric, critcal care and other credentials you acquire. Just ridiculous
Pros
steady check
Cons
no balance
Productive Team
Cash Poster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77024July 5, 2016
The work load was sufficient, however; the management is extremely unsupportive in advancement opportunities. The staff is easy to work with and supportive. The hardest part of the job was the ability to advance within the system, the most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers.
great place to work
Par III (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 4, 2016
Great place to work and nice caring people. I love my job, its the hours I cant do, wish I could get better hours for me and my family . If it was not for the hours, I would stay here forever.
Pros
all
Cons
hours
Good Organization, growing fast & needs a lot of standardization
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  The Heights, Houston TexasJune 28, 2016
Busy environment, great outcomes! However, it is an organization that is growing too fast. More focus on standardization is key for continued success.
Excellent company with numerous growth opportunities
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2016
Very friendly management and staff that make work fun yet demanding each day. New challenges are presented often that allow for continued development and growth for new opportunities.
Pros
Infinite opportunities
Cons
Short lunch/no lunch
Management is terrible
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2016
The pay is great but they will over work you. Management is terrible. They say one thing and do another. I would not recommend my friends or family members being a patient here. Most nurses here are in their career for the money not for the love of it.
Pros
Benefits, C-Store
Cons
they hate giving overtime, drama
management changes too often; staff turn over very high; patient satisfaction poor
RN Infusion Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2016
Good co-workers and doctors. Work load can be extreme due to staffing shortage. Clean facility. Overall satisifaction of co-workers is fair.
Pros
learning oportunities
Cons
seldom get to have lunch or breaks; wait time

Want to know more about Memorial Hermann?

Ask a question
Great working environment, but politcs get in the way of advancement.
Lead Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memorial Hermann-TMCJune 22, 2016
Great working environment. Politics will prevent a great worker from advancing and will provide a terrible worker advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great campus. Very friendly and family oriented.
Cons
Too political
Excellent company to work for
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2016
Memorial Hermann was a great place to work. My hours and days off were great. I loved my co-workers too. My husband and I relocated to another city. I wish Memorial Hermann was here where we moved to.
Collecting Corner
Collector (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 16, 2016
Every day I was assigned a list of claims to collect money on.
I called insurance companies to collect updated information on unpaid claims. That is my job in a nutshell. Of course, I did more, but this took up the majority of my day.
I learned a lot about the ins and outs of getting claims paid. For the most part, I enjoyed my co-workers. The office was neat, kept clean and was pretty nice to be in. The hardest part of the job was getting patients to do what they need to do to get their claims paid. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing paid claims drop from your list of assigned claims. Nothing like bringing the money in!
Great services
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 15, 2016
Helpful staff, co-workers willing to help if asked, hardest part was dealing with rude patients and a few co-workers. Other then that great hospital
levels, easy to move up
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  houston txJune 7, 2016
Very positive place each floor was very differerent. Love serving the patients making sure they have everything they need. Fix food trays and take order.
Poor management in some areas
Appeals and Grievance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2016
I liked the company overall but management in my department was poor to say the least. They lacked structure and effective procedures. Because of this it made for a stressful work environment trying to keep up with the demands of the job with a failing next to non-system.
Productive and excellent place to work.
Volunteering my services (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 3, 2016
Nice place to be associated with. Got involve with this type of work as a Volunteer in Cardio-Vascular Unit for their data processing.
Productive atmoshpere and great people to with
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2016
I enjoy delivering to the rooms and interacting with the patients and assisting them with food plan option. Speaking with them and offering encouraging words to ensure they get well soon.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work. Great people.
ER Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77089June 2, 2016
SE is such a great place to work. So very welcoming and they really invest in you to move forward. I really wish they would open a facility on the Island.
Pros
Great people, good pay scale and welcoming.
Cons
Too far from Galveston and bad traffic.
Food and nutrition
SALES ASSOCIATE-STOCK (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 31, 2016
typical day at work is sharing the love to all the patience I would deliver the food to! Great place to work! co workers were very nice and always willing to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hermann. Our community is ready to answer.