Memorial Hospital Pembroke Employee Reviews

a family atmosphere workplace
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 31, 2015
a close knit organization with a focus on teamwork and patient first with family involvement. employee turnover is very low so there is not a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Registered Nurse - Adult ICU (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 4, 2014
My experience at Pembroke was fairly short. Just when I got comfortable working there I found out that my husband's job was relocating us to another state. My manager was great and genuinely showed she cared. My coworkers at that time were also great. I remember being supported by a strong team.
Pros
smaller, community sized hospital
Cons
every other weekend required
Great Enviroment, awesome people to work with!
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, FLOctober 31, 2014
Everyone is very friendly,nice, and awesome to work with. The pharmacy is like a little family, everyone gets along. Management is great, you can talk to them about any issues and they are there to help and resolve any issue. I have learned and I am still learning in this pharmacy field, all the techs are very informative. Love working here!
Great people to work with however must be flexible
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 28, 2014
A typical pharmacist day at Memorial Pembroke consists of utilizing clinical skills and judgement, ability to multi-task and requires excellent communication skills in order to work competently with doctors and nurses.

I have learned pharmacokinetics, how to write TPNs, effectively monitor anti-coagulated patients, provide bedside counseling, initiated the pharmacist rounds on the nursing department and learned to work closely and effectively with other caregivers.

The management team is very approachable and have an open door policy. They are dedicated in promoting the staff and always want the staff to grow clinically in order to provide patients with the up-most level of care.

My co-workers are the best part of the job. We are like a small family, always willing to help others and enjoy working together.
The hardest part about this job is flexibility. There is no set schedule so you are altered between day shifts and evening shifts with different days every week and must work weekends and holidays.
Pros
great staff
Cons
must be flexible
Used to be a great place to work
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 14, 2014
Memorial Pembroke was an excellent place to work, before new management came in change all policies.They got rid of top employees and replace them with 18 year old's that don't know what they were doing.
over all its a good company to work for
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Pembroke pines, floridaJune 4, 2014
Its is a very good company to work for you meet a lot of good people u work with its just management not so good
Hospital Setting
Pharmacy Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines,FlMay 21, 2014
Great hands on learning experience
Pharmacists and Techs were nice, helpful
Great hospital
Pros
i learned alot and had fun
Cons
it ended so soon
Nice people and horrible work enviroment
RN (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 25, 2014
Salary and benefits are good.Due to micromanagement and a punitive managers the turnover is high and the work enviroment is very stressful.There are alot of nice employees and MD's
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
very stressful due to punitive micromanaging enviroment
Productive and educational work place
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 22, 2013
Being a volunteer, it felt great working with the people in the hospital and helping out with anything I could do. I gained clerical skills and learned basic medical terminology. I enjoyed learning new things and meeting new people on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
early hours
Fun workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 7, 2013
It's a warm and welcoming environment. The staff is full of many nice people.
Pros
lunch
Cons
healthcare
Fast Paced, stressful, high call volume center
Patient Financial Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 20, 2013
The good always outweighed the bad here. Dealt with many people of all walks of life (patients, coworkers, doctors, nurses, custodians). It was an opportunity to help people which was amazing, the hardest part was when nothing could be done.
Small but busy ER
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 4, 2013
This was a great place to start my ER experience. Great crew. For such a small square footage ER we got major work done. Delivered babies! Saved lives. Amazing.
Pros
small place
Cons
small place
excellent quality patient care
NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 1, 2013
I was hired as a full time tech but then I went to part time tech and now they decreased more hours. I don't feel that my job is secure anymore.
Great company culture not enough chances for advancement
Patient Financial Services Rep (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 9, 2013
Great company culture work but no life balance is almost non existent at the emergency room position its open 24. Management take years to promote individuals, not enough incentives. Competative pay but almost non existent raises
Stressful but productive workplace
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 26, 2012
A typical day at work consided of checking in, registering, and discharging patients in an ER setting. I learned so much about the inner workings of the financial side of the hospital system as well as health insurance. Management was like most places, good for the most part. I loved my co-workers and still keep in touch with many of them. The hardest part of the job was attempting to go to school and work at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you are helping save lifes in a small way and also getting to learn about different ailments and the treatments required for them.
Pros
learning about everything in a hospital (clerical and medical)
Cons
very short breaks and possibly none if your overnight shift, office politics

4.2