Memorial Hospital Pembroke Employee Reviews

n/A
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  PEMBROKE PINESSeptember 20, 2017
Poor management skills and leadership skills no coorperation, low income, no rises, culture was diverse great training but leaders had no compassion for employees
very productive and caring place
Patient care technician (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 13, 2017
Memorial hospital is a great place to work, everyone at memorial treat you like equal and you can voice your opinion and guarantee that it will be heard.
Great place
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 30, 2017
If you're looking for a learning facility where everybody knows you by your first name this is a great place a small 300 or 400 bad facility where everybody is like family
Good place to work .
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 13, 2017
A typical work day entails preparing your work area for the arrival of patients .Greeting patients,explaining procedures and performing radiolocical examinations requested .
I gained alot of hands on practical experience working in Emergency and ICU settings in a teamwork environment.
Overall good place to work and grow professionally.
Great work place
RN (Current Employee) –  FLMarch 6, 2017
It is a great place to work. The best part is the great team work. Very friendly atmosphere. Employees are being supported and helped always. great experience!
Pros
Team work
Cons
Cafeteria not open in night
Patient Financial Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 15, 2017
The Director of Admission had all of her employees cross-train in
every area of the hospital such as admissions,outpatient. pre-admission/surgical,emergency room,scheduling registration.

I learned more in this hospital than anywhere else. The co-workers
were all there to work together as a team. Did translate spanish to
english where ever needed. The most challenging part off the job was conforting familyl members who had bad news or loss of a loved one. Being able to help those who needed help.
Pros
being able to do your job without supervison.
Amazing company
environmental technician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 1, 2016
As an environmental tech I learned a lot and grew within the company. It was a great experience. Management within the company was very professional and fair.
micro manage, punitive environment
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 25, 2016
Most days are good, but have few nuisances like expectations of daily tasks are not really feasible day to day to ensure provide the "memorial experience"
Great to work for
Switichboard operator (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 1, 2016
I learned how to be a good operator, we were team players, the supervisor was very supportive of my having to leave and the hardest part of my job was in the beginning when I had to learn all emergency codes and alerts.
A nice friendly atmosphere to work at in a small hospital
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 10, 2016
The job can be alot better if we had more workers. We get overwhelmed with double work on daily basis. Overall its a nice place to work depending on your job title and department.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Cheap pay, bad management
Nice place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 30, 2016
Nice place to work. Made a lot of nice people working there. Management needs to listen more to staff. I did learn a lot about resp care.
Cons
Supportive, good communication, teamwork.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 29, 2016
Excellent, supportive supervisors and staff.
Pleasant work environment.
High patient satisfaction.
Good communication among staff and interdisciplinary team.
Much education opportunity.
Occasional massages
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 24, 2015
The special respiratory unit at memorial hospital pembroke was the heaviest floor 2north. I was afforded the ability to train with the most qualified clinical nursing staff ever. I've learned from the best. Wow! Being staffed there was great! I've learned so much about patient safety and care and I've genuinely considered furthering my education in nursing because of this experience.
Pros
Excellent team work
Cons
Management not being compeletly fair with staff
a family atmosphere workplace
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 31, 2015
a close knit organization with a focus on teamwork and patient first with family involvement. employee turnover is very low so there is not a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Registered Nurse - Adult ICU (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 4, 2014
My experience at Pembroke was fairly short. Just when I got comfortable working there I found out that my husband's job was relocating us to another state. My manager was great and genuinely showed she cared. My coworkers at that time were also great. I remember being supported by a strong team.
Pros
Smaller, community sized hospital
Cons
Every other weekend required
Great Enviroment, awesome people to work with!
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, FLOctober 31, 2014
Everyone is very friendly,nice, and awesome to work with. The pharmacy is like a little family, everyone gets along. Management is great, you can talk to them about any issues and they are there to help and resolve any issue. I have learned and I am still learning in this pharmacy field, all the techs are very informative. Love working here!
Great people to work with however must be flexible
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 28, 2014
A typical pharmacist day at Memorial Pembroke consists of utilizing clinical skills and judgement, ability to multi-task and requires excellent communication skills in order to work competently with doctors and nurses.

I have learned pharmacokinetics, how to write TPNs, effectively monitor anti-coagulated patients, provide bedside counseling, initiated the pharmacist rounds on the nursing department and learned to work closely and effectively with other caregivers.

The management team is very approachable and have an open door policy. They are dedicated in promoting the staff and always want the staff to grow clinically in order to provide patients with the up-most level of care.

My co-workers are the best part of the job. We are like a small family, always willing to help others and enjoy working together.
The hardest part about this job is flexibility. There is no set schedule so you are altered between day shifts and evening shifts with different days every week and must work weekends and holidays.
Pros
great staff
Cons
must be flexible
Used to be a great place to work
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 14, 2014
Memorial Pembroke was an excellent place to work, before new management came in change all policies.They got rid of top employees and replace them with 18 year old's that don't know what they were doing.
over all its a good company to work for
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Pembroke pines, floridaJune 4, 2014
Its is a very good company to work for you meet a lot of good people u work with its just management not so good
Hospital Setting
Pharmacy Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines,FlMay 21, 2014
Great hands on learning experience
Pharmacists and Techs were nice, helpful
Great hospital
Pros
I learned alot and had fun
Cons
It ended so soon