Memorial Hospital West Employee Reviews

Love the people i work with..
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 11, 2017
This health care system is the most organized and truly cares about the well-being of its health providers and patients. A prime example is the use of Epic, this operating system makes my job so much easier and it is tools like these that optimize job functionality thus improving patient safety and satisfaction.
Pros
I love the culture. The memorial culture. A group of caring individuals
Cons
There are many protocols in place. While they are for the purpose of improvement, they are tedious.
Great place
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Great place to work and grow. I learned to multi task. Management works with you. Working with the patients is the best part of the day.
Amazing People
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 30, 2016
I've always loved Memorial Hospital. It's a great night coming in and a great morning coming out. A day doesn't go by where I'm not excited to go to work.
N/a
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 2, 2016
good company to work , the paying rate is a little low but job security is a must. they lay off people or fire people easy. I think is a good place to work.
Fantastic Environment
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 29, 2016
Working at memorial west was such a fabulous experience! The pay was sufficient, the hours acceptable, and always well-balanced. The management is amazing, and always willing to work along side you and help.
Pros
Great Team
Patient centered care driven
Oncology Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 25, 2016
I would trust my family at memorial hospital. Their transparency and dedication to the patient is the best way to run a hospital. You are more than just a patient at memorial, you are family.
Teamwork and leadership allows for a great working environment
RN, bedside care, (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 25, 2016
Excellent hospital that strives to provide safe and quality care for patients and families. Staff support each other and are responsible in their provision of care at all levels. Co-workers are always there for you, with positive attitude. Fast paced environment providing care on a 1:6 nurse to patient ratio. High discharge and admission rate demand, critical thinking skills and time management necessary in order to provide excellent quality and safe care.
Pros
Discounted food, overtime available
Cons
staffing
Best manager of radiology at that time I have ever had.
Supervisor Interventional Radiology (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 7, 2016
The radiology department was the best I have ever worked with at that time. We were involved in all kinds of activities throughtout hospital. We as a department had so much fun together at work and out side work playing softball for our hospital team.
Pros
Always a lunch break.
Productive place to work
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 5, 2016
Good hospital with great benefits and great culture of people. Doctors are good to work with and patients love coming to this ER.
Pros
close to the house
Cons
no ER positions available
Best place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 29, 2016
In my opinion, Everything is good about this place. There is an avalanche of information and things to learn from this place. The diversity is incredible and most of the employees are very friendly and joyful. That's the place about and in which I've been striving to start my career in the allied health field.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
hard to get employed there
Great Place to work
Unit Secretary/ Radiology Office Associate (ROA) (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 19, 2016
I love this system great please to work ...great benefit and room for growth and opportunity. Everyone is so nice and helpful
MHW has a great culture reaching all patients
Medical Staff Secretary, Medical Staff (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 30, 2015
Memorial Hospital West is an awesome workplace for people who want to make a difference in the world, one person at a time. When I began working there I knew nothing about hospitals or how they operate. I now have a much broader and deeper knowledge of the healthcare system. Our management offers education internally for free and externally with assistance to allow you to be the best employee and person you wish to become. With the motto of "Always put the patient first", the administration has built a culture within our system of integrity, hard work, and compassion and has strived to hire employees that meet these objectives. Our coworkers are our second family and we treat each other as such. It has been a privilege and honor to work at such an outstanding healthcare system.
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 9, 2015
There was never a typical day at work. That was the favorite part of my job. I enjoyed my assignments and great team work on my unit. I took care of many patients from acute to chronic cardiac and pulmonary illnesses. Management was awesome specially during rescue calls and codes.
Pros
Flexiable schedules
Cons
Short Breaks
excellent work
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  701 n Flamingo DR Pembroke pines,fl 33028October 19, 2015
Verify insurance authorization and call all panelist for admission. Medical terminology Bilingual. CD10,Epic Systems
Break down charts discharge patients from system.
Excellence Customer Service
Trauma 2 ER with Cardiac Cath, On DECON team
Pros
great learning
Cons
no place to grow
Productive and enjoyable workplace with wonderful people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 8, 2015
Every day was a new experience, interacting with different guests and patients was not only enjoyable but eventful. There would be guests coming in all at the same time or slowly on weekends and when our supervisor was out for lunch I would have to take over. I would handle the Spanish speaking guests via phone or the ones that came up to the counter and would send out other volunteers to do discharges or deliveries. The volunteers that I worked with were very amicable and did what they needed to. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help guests or patients as much as I would like (since I was after all a volunteer). I enjoyed helping with whatever I could whether it was a discharge, delivery (gifts), or with helping guests find their way around the hospital.
Pros
One free meal ticket (per four hours)
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
Busy Emergency room with high volume
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 25, 2015
The day is hectic with many patients with a variety of complaints being seen throughout the day. I learned how to multitask, delegate, and prioritize as they are critical skills to survive the day. The hardest part of the job is the workload and the stress which can be exhausting. The most enjoyable part is the sense of teamwork especially when there is a critical patient who requires multiple interventions. Coworkers working together as a team to solve multiple problems that can often be a matter of life and death is the best part.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay, workload
Professional, Five star hospital. Always
Respiratory Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 20, 2015
This medical facility gets a five star rating from me. This includes, the facility, physicians, staff, patient care as well as the family and friends of the patients. I was always greeted with a hello, good morning or good evening from the staff and in house patients because everyone was happy and well cared for. My performance and training was always commended well due to the excellent peers I had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Always professional in all areas. Team work with all emergency and non-emergency situations.
Cons
Nothing I wish to change at this facility.
excelent with great enviroment and co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 20, 2015
always coming to a clean environment and work place with excellent coworkers with great attitude never had a problem with management always very understandable but the hard part is always costumer service but this job though me to always greed the costumer and treat them right regardless of what is going on in my life the taught me how to separate house problems with my job
The best hospital I have worked in
Environmental Supervisor (Former Employee) –  pembroke pines FLAugust 17, 2015
I was trained in all aspects of my job, when I worked there , they are very positive toward their employees and they have a very good culture to work in, everybody is important and I was treated fairly, they are very hands on at the Human resources department , making Memorial a good place to work.
Pros
50 per cent off lunches, employee appreciation very good
Memorial health system
Unit secretary in the Operating room (Current Employee) –  Pembroke PinesJune 30, 2015
Excellent hospital to work for.Great benefits. Very professional place to work for and great place to grow professionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hospital West. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5