Memorial Hospital West Employee Reviews in United States

Productive place to work
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 5, 2016
Good hospital with great benefits and great culture of people. Doctors are good to work with and patients love coming to this ER.
Pros
close to the house
Cons
no ER positions available
Best place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 29, 2016
In my opinion, Everything is good about this place. There is an avalanche of information and things to learn from this place. The diversity is incredible and most of the employees are very friendly and joyful. That's the place about and in which I've been striving to start my career in the allied health field.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
hard to get employed there
Great Place to work
Unit Secretary/ Radiology Office Associate (ROA) (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 19, 2016
I love this system great please to work ...great benefit and room for growth and opportunity. Everyone is so nice and helpful
MHW has a great culture reaching all patients
Medical Staff Secretary, Medical Staff (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 30, 2015
Memorial Hospital West is an awesome workplace for people who want to make a difference in the world, one person at a time. When I began working there I knew nothing about hospitals or how they operate. I now have a much broader and deeper knowledge of the healthcare system. Our management offers education internally for free and externally with assistance to allow you to be the best employee and person you wish to become. With the motto of "Always put the patient first", the administration has built a culture within our system of integrity, hard work, and compassion and has strived to hire employees that meet these objectives. Our coworkers are our second family and we treat each other as such. It has been a privilege and honor to work at such an outstanding healthcare system.
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 9, 2015
There was never a typical day at work. That was the favorite part of my job. I enjoyed my assignments and great team work on my unit. I took care of many patients from acute to chronic cardiac and pulmonary illnesses. Management was awesome specially during rescue calls and codes.
Pros
Flexiable schedules
Cons
Short Breaks
excellent work
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  701 n Flamingo DR Pembroke pines,fl 33028October 19, 2015
Verify insurance authorization and call all panelist for admission. Medical terminology Bilingual. CD10,Epic Systems
Break down charts discharge patients from system.
Excellence Customer Service
Trauma 2 ER with Cardiac Cath, On DECON team
Pros
great learning
Cons
no place to grow
Productive and enjoyable workplace with wonderful people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 8, 2015
Every day was a new experience, interacting with different guests and patients was not only enjoyable but eventful. There would be guests coming in all at the same time or slowly on weekends and when our supervisor was out for lunch I would have to take over. I would handle the Spanish speaking guests via phone or the ones that came up to the counter and would send out other volunteers to do discharges or deliveries. The volunteers that I worked with were very amicable and did what they needed to. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help guests or patients as much as I would like (since I was after all a volunteer). I enjoyed helping with whatever I could whether it was a discharge, delivery (gifts), or with helping guests find their way around the hospital.
Pros
One free meal ticket (per four hours)
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
Busy Emergency room with high volume
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 25, 2015
The day is hectic with many patients with a variety of complaints being seen throughout the day. I learned how to multitask, delegate, and prioritize as they are critical skills to survive the day. The hardest part of the job is the workload and the stress which can be exhausting. The most enjoyable part is the sense of teamwork especially when there is a critical patient who requires multiple interventions. Coworkers working together as a team to solve multiple problems that can often be a matter of life and death is the best part.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay, workload
Professional, Five star hospital. Always
Respiratory Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 20, 2015
This medical facility gets a five star rating from me. This includes, the facility, physicians, staff, patient care as well as the family and friends of the patients. I was always greeted with a hello, good morning or good evening from the staff and in house patients because everyone was happy and well cared for. My performance and training was always commended well due to the excellent peers I had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
Always professional in all areas. Team work with all emergency and non-emergency situations.
Cons
Nothing I wish to change at this facility.
excelent with great enviroment and co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 20, 2015
always coming to a clean environment and work place with excellent coworkers with great attitude never had a problem with management always very understandable but the hard part is always costumer service but this job though me to always greed the costumer and treat them right regardless of what is going on in my life the taught me how to separate house problems with my job
The best hospital I have worked in
Environmental Supervisor (Former Employee) –  pembroke pines FLAugust 17, 2015
I was trained in all aspects of my job, when I worked there , they are very positive toward their employees and they have a very good culture to work in, everybody is important and I was treated fairly, they are very hands on at the Human resources department , making Memorial a good place to work.
Pros
50 per cent off lunches, employee appreciation very good
Memorial health system
Unit secretary in the Operating room (Current Employee) –  Pembroke PinesJune 30, 2015
Excellent hospital to work for.Great benefits. Very professional place to work for and great place to grow professionally.
Very productive hospital
Volunteer End of Oct (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 20, 2015
Great hospital with a lot of friendly staff which cares truly about its patients.I have always enjoyed volunteering there which has gave me great hands on experience in hospitals and creating good communicating skills
Pros
free lunches for employees and staff
Cons
short breaks for employees though
Productive and professional workplace
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMay 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day are the people I meet. My job is very professional and when need be my co workers and I make a difficult situation look easy.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
super busy
Fast paced and challenging place to work
Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 28, 2015
Even though this is a "community" hospital the patient population ranges from simple to extremely complex. You are exposed to a wide range of patients. This is a fast paced and demanding enviroment. You must be able to multi task.

Hospital has a real sense of teamwork. Great group of employees, everyone pitches in to get the job done.
Pros
Good benefits, strong sense of teamwork, exposure to a wide variety of patients.
Productive Workplace
OT Student (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 14, 2015
Really nice place with excellent co-workers. As a student it was a nice place to learn all the basics of therapy and I really enjoyed it.
Employees promotes family working atmosphere
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Strong team work atmosphere. Caring managers. Promotes continuing education. Hardest part of my job is watching family members having to say good bye to their dying love ones. The best part of my job is to see a patient whom everyone thought they would not survive make a complete recovery
Very productive
Memorial Breast Cancer Center (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Everyday I would complete my scanning for medical records, calling a daily regiment of patient medication except those that were controlled substances. I also triage patient calls and assigned them to the appropriate physician or nurse. I like the fast paced work environment working with cancer patients and learning new things.
Pros
discounted lunch
Overcoming company politics to deal with the real task at hand, patient care.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at this job would include sucking up to the favorites in the workplace and lots of pretending. This is a place where you are not entitled to have an opinion and your told often to be happy that you have a job. Management consists of a close knit friends and family unit, with a strong hispanic base. The hardest part of working here was trying to deal with unfair management practices and the politics. The most enjoyable part was helping the patients to the best of my ability and providing comfort to visiting family and friends.
Pros
the ability to work overtime at any of its facilities.
Cons
if you smoke you can take as much breaks as you like especially if you are a nurse.
Busy facility, Good Learning environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 1, 2014
Extremely busy facility, well liked by clients/customers/patients. very safe facility,

4.5