Memorial Hospital of Gardena Employee Reviews

Team Work
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 28, 2015
Working as a team and helping eachother to get the job done in a timely manner. Everyone is friendly here and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure great customer service
everything is great!
Hospital Operator (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 19, 2015
everything is great! no complaints just need to expand my job experiences and venture out to learn a bit more, hoping to get a higher position in the future, i have a great boss that listens to all complaints, concerns, or suggestions, and thats very important in the workplace
good place for experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (subacute) (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 27, 2014
I am a current employee been there for a year its a great place to use as a stepping stone nothing permanent.
Pros
free lunches on holidays
Cons
short breaks health insurance not great
Work Environment
ER Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 12, 2014
Enjoyed my time there due o the people you work with. The salary scale is on the low end, but he opportunity for advancement is there
Overall good place to work
ER Registration Lead (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 21, 2014
I felt appreciated at work & that if I had a suggestion it would be considered. It was a less competitive work environment. It felt more like a family. I loved my supervisor she was fair & never took sides. She would make it a point to congratulate aswell as reward goo work.
If it was non-stop in ER she might buy lunch for the department out of her own pocket. every holiday was festive.She was truly the easiest boss I ever worked for. She would let you know that you had someone in your corner if & when the was a dispute, problem or complaint.
Pros
fair & just work place. great department manager/boss.
Cons
it was extremely busy when the nearby county facility would close to ambulance runs.
administrator
Ultrasound Technologist - Externship (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJune 18, 2014
was able to learn so much here so grateful to have had the privilege. was a fast pace always busy location.
Pros
able to learn alot
Cons
could have lasted longer
Small Hospital
RN Staff Nurse/Newborn Nursery and Postpartum (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 14, 2014
The hospital is close to where I live. I have worked their for 5 years in the Newborn Nursery/Postpartum
The hospital that gave me an opportunity and help me to grow
CPSP Coordinator and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAApril 9, 2014
It was a great place to work, my director was an amazing mentor, she allowed me and lead me to grow. I worked long hours and the hours of commute were huge, but the results that were achieved were also huge. We created a very strong team along with the clinics were the patients were able to receive all the benefits and services that they were needing.
Pros
the hospital administration supported me to continue with my education
Cons
long commute hours.
Good company
Pharmacy Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 27, 2014
Fun. Thank you Indeed for allowing me to post my resume. Please tell us more about working at this company in your review.
most of the radiology department was great to work with and learn from.
Radiologic Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 11, 2014
15-20 portable cxr for the early mornings. majority of the staff was a pleasure to work with. parking is somewhat difficult.
Family Oriented and Patient Centered.
Director IPAC & Employee Health (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 4, 2013
Never a day that is not rewarding. Memorial Hospital of Gardena challenges you everyday, from the moment you put your foot inside the door until the very second you leave it for the day. Mainly because of it's geographic location. This organization is surrounded with skilled nursing facilities peppered with long term care facilities. The patient population we serve is not exactly the most alert and healthy ones nor the most compliant ones. They come from all walks of life, including the ones coming from the underserved communities who usually require more assistance than just plain healthcare. This place makes you ponder for a moment whether you have a calling to serve, a calling to be compassionate, a calling to become the best possible version of yourself - because that is just the expectation, to be able to deliver the best and compassionate care possible.
Friendly and energetic environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAOctober 29, 2013
I learned to interact with vendors and contractors. How to renew contracts and state licenses. Management was great and understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to interact with vendors and multiple departments throughout the hospital.
Pros
networking with multiple departments and staff.
Excellent place to work.
Customer Service Consultant/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 29, 2013
Working for Gardena Memorial Hospital gave me a deep sense of awareness of how clients should be treated in the hospital. You would give special customer service to people who were being admitted into the hospital, to their families members who came to visit, to external and internal customers including my co-workers. A typical day would be working in the Nursing Administration office compiling reports, preparing a PowerPoint presentation for the new employees orientation, organized a customer service committee for Med Surgery, Emergency Unit, Nursery and Telemetry. Assist the CEO with fresh ideas on customer service techniques to advance the quality of the hospital. Create a newsletter each week of the happenings at Gardena. I like most about my job was to make sure that the quality of great customer service was render to all.
My Review
Health Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 8, 2013
My typical work day at Memorial Hospital of Gardena starts at around 6:30am 90% of the time my job has zero to no down as I am the direct management for a team of 18 people within the HIM office.

This job has been a great learning tool for me and I felt able to grow in my job under the wing of my CEO & CFO as well as those who owned the Hospital as the ownership is very hands on.

The hardest part of my job is learning to step away from work when I'm away from the office this is both at night or long weekends. I always feel that I must stay in contact with those who report to me as well as Hospital Administration.
Pros
family feel to the hospital
Cons
sometimes un-able to take breaks from my task, would need to eat lunch at my desk.
learning experience
Lobby Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 5, 2013
It was a very good working enviroment, wherei learned many new ways of giving good customer service.And working with other departments gave me another view of the hospital. Overall itwas good work experience that taught me good workin ethic.
A great experience working with good team of caring individuals
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  los angles, californiaFebruary 4, 2013
Providing patient care to acute patients. I developed great interpersonal skills and learned how to listen to patients to provide the best care for the individual patient and their families.
good place to work in i was very fortunate to have been hired here right out of internship and am very happy with the skills i have learned
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, caSeptember 24, 2012
i love coming to work in the mornings knowing that im gonna make a difference regardless if the patient knows me or thanks me, i get the satisfaction in knowing that i helped a patient out and that my co-workers are there for support
Pros
call- time
Cons
attitudes
Productive environment with exceptional leaders and trainers
Ultrasound Technician (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 15, 2012
Typical day at work includes scanning patients from ER, and in house, and outpatients that come for regular check-ups.
I was able to apply what I learned at school in clinical environments.
The staff is very helpfull and willing to share their experience in how to be better sonographer.
Pros
free lunches for internship students
Cons
no chance of being hired due to limited staff and the fact they leave room for future students
Small patient rooms, overpacked house
Monitor Technician / Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 18, 2012
Typical night at work is very routine, nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. I learned patient values, much like every other employees, and to be on top of my priorities in the workplace. Management is fair, co workers are more than happy to help at all times. Most difficult part of the job is not getting sick from being around the hospital and patient environment. Most enjoyable aspect of the job is working with many careful employees, the sense of teamwork is very strong.
Cons
three patients to one room
No career advancement opportunities
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 1, 2012
A typical day of work in Memorial Hospital as many other places involves a culture of stringent participation and of task accomplishment: falling short of the very important and significant means/opportunities necessary to keep employees motivated. In terms of its management there is obviously no sort of an appropriate or specific medium through which employees and co-workers can either learn or go thrrough for needed opportunities. There is not a structure in place to in fact encourage or advance such opportunities.