Memorial Hospital of Gardena Employee Reviews

Jordan high school long beach
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 21, 2016
I was a student work, I only worked during breakfast, Nutrition, and lunch. When I work I main helped the food service workers with preparing the food for students.
Pros
You get free meal
Well organized
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJune 21, 2016
Well organized fire alarm company, great benefits, Monday though Friday job. Learned how to use many hand and electrical tools.
Pros
Great job enviroment
Keep looking
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 12, 2016
This is an unprofessional environment with very unstable leadership. The management style is very controlling; it's all top-down micromanagement.
Physician-nurse relationships are dismal--no collaboration. The standard of care is very poor and the population that is served is extremely difficult to work with.
department staff like family
Radiologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed the learning experience, the knowledge acquired from years of service. The annual employee assessments with raise. It was a life in it's self outside of my personal life. I loved the world within Gardena Memorial hospital. Great doctors!!!
er admitting
ER Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Thankful for the opportunity. Good staff to work with meet some great people everyone is very helpful. Looking for a new place to start a new chapter of my life.
Clinical Experience/Practicum
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 12, 2015
I was assigned her for clinical experience/practicum. I had a wonderful time working and learning form the staff! Time alloted for breaks were good. Hospital cafeteria has great food.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
N/A
Great place for experience
Central Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CaJuly 23, 2015
Great place to get hands on experience in working in the medical field. Learned so many useful instruments and machines used in the hospitals today. Co workers were very patient and very knowledgeable with what goes on in the hospital setting. Hardest part was the demanding nurses. Making a difference
Great place to work for
Billing/Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 3, 2015
Great place to work for someone whom just starting out in the AR billing and collection filed. Management is very supportive of there staff.
Radiology Assistant
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 10, 2015
It was a great place to work. There were many opportunities to learn. The people made the department and pushed me to go back for higher education.
Overall good place to work
ER Registration Lead (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 21, 2014
I felt appreciated at work & that if I had a suggestion it would be considered. It was a less competitive work environment. It felt more like a family. I loved my supervisor she was fair & never took sides. She would make it a point to congratulate aswell as reward goo work.
If it was non-stop in ER she might buy lunch for the department out of her own pocket. every holiday was festive.She was truly the easiest boss I ever worked for. She would let you know that you had someone in your corner if & when the was a dispute, problem or complaint.
Pros
Fair & just work place. Great department manager/boss.
Cons
It was extremely busy when the nearby county facility would close to ambulance runs.
The hospital that gave me an opportunity and help me to grow
CPSP Coordinator and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAApril 9, 2014
It was a great place to work, my director was an amazing mentor, she allowed me and lead me to grow. I worked long hours and the hours of commute were huge, but the results that were achieved were also huge. We created a very strong team along with the clinics were the patients were able to receive all the benefits and services that they were needing.
Pros
The hospital administration supported me to continue with my education
Cons
Long commute hours.
Small patient rooms, overpacked house
Monitor Technician / Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 18, 2012
Typical night at work is very routine, nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. I learned patient values, much like every other employees, and to be on top of my priorities in the workplace. Management is fair, co workers are more than happy to help at all times. Most difficult part of the job is not getting sick from being around the hospital and patient environment. Most enjoyable aspect of the job is working with many careful employees, the sense of teamwork is very strong.
Cons
three patients to one room
No career advancement opportunities
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 1, 2012
A typical day of work in Memorial Hospital as many other places involves a culture of stringent participation and of task accomplishment: falling short of the very important and significant means/opportunities necessary to keep employees motivated. In terms of its management there is obviously no sort of an appropriate or specific medium through which employees and co-workers can either learn or go thrrough for needed opportunities. There is not a structure in place to in fact encourage or advance such opportunities.
Productive environment with exceptional leaders and trainers
Ultrasound Technician (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 15, 2012
Typical day at work includes scanning patients from ER, and in house, and outpatients that come for regular check-ups.
I was able to apply what I learned at school in clinical environments.
The staff is very helpfull and willing to share their experience in how to be better sonographer.
Pros
free lunches for internship students
Cons
no chance of being hired due to limited staff and the fact they leave room for future students
My Review
Health Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 8, 2013
My typical work day at Memorial Hospital of Gardena starts at around 6:30am 90% of the time my job has zero to no down as I am the direct management for a team of 18 people within the HIM office.

This job has been a great learning tool for me and I felt able to grow in my job under the wing of my CEO & CFO as well as those who owned the Hospital as the ownership is very hands on.

The hardest part of my job is learning to step away from work when I'm away from the office this is both at night or long weekends. I always feel that I must stay in contact with those who report to me as well as Hospital Administration.
Pros
family feel to the Hospital
Cons
sometimes un-able to take breaks from my task, would need to eat lunch at my desk.
good place to work in i was very fortunate to have been hired here right out of internship and am very happy with the skills i have learned
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gardena, caSeptember 24, 2012
i love coming to work in the mornings knowing that im gonna make a difference regardless if the patient knows me or thanks me, i get the satisfaction in knowing that i helped a patient out and that my co-workers are there for support
Pros
call- time
Cons
attitudes
good work environment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gardena,CASeptember 27, 2015
good clean hospital, friendly staff, good coworkers, learned a lot about x-ray technology. flexible hrs. ER can be busy
Pros
close to fwy
Cons
bad air conditioning
Friendly and energetic environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAOctober 29, 2013
I learned to interact with vendors and contractors. How to renew contracts and state licenses. Management was great and understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to interact with vendors and multiple departments throughout the hospital.
Pros
Networking with multiple departments and staff.
Excellent place to work.
Customer Service Consultant/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJuly 29, 2013
Working for Gardena Memorial Hospital gave me a deep sense of awareness of how clients should be treated in the hospital. You would give special customer service to people who were being admitted into the hospital, to their families members who came to visit, to external and internal customers including my co-workers. A typical day would be working in the Nursing Administration office compiling reports, preparing a PowerPoint presentation for the new employees orientation, organized a customer service committee for Med Surgery, Emergency Unit, Nursery and Telemetry. Assist the CEO with fresh ideas on customer service techniques to advance the quality of the hospital. Create a newsletter each week of the happenings at Gardena. I like most about my job was to make sure that the quality of great customer service was render to all.
everything is great!
Hospital Operator (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 19, 2015
everything is great! no complaints just need to expand my job experiences and venture out to learn a bit more, hoping to get a higher position in the future, i have a great boss that listens to all complaints, concerns, or suggestions, and thats very important in the workplace
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hospital of Gardena. Our community is ready to answer.

Memorial Hospital of Gardena Reviews by Location