Memorial Hospital of Gardena Employee Reviews

serving this community has help me grow and become more productive
Health Information Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Health Information Mangement DepartmentSeptember 12, 2017
It is important that the patient safety and experience is being mat and satisfied at all times. I learn each and every day how to serve the guest who entrust their care to Memorial Hospital of Gardena.
Each day when patients, providers, case management, risk management need additional information to make the patient stay as comfortable as possible I am willing and able to assist with any and all documentation required to complete the patient stay.
The community is served with a 98% accuracy rate to avoid and keep complaints down to a minimum.
100% cooperation is the hardest part of the assignment when team members are not willing to serve.
The best part of the job is when the team members are all working on one accord, with one purpose and one direction, patient care.
Pros
Serving the community at large.
Cons
Under served community, but we do the best job possible
TEAMWORK is great, assignments can be unfair
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 5, 2017
gardena is a great place for new grads because you get to experience different types of cultures, you will learn a lot about nursing in your first year for sure, and also sometimes you get thrown into assignments that you haven't experienced. I started working there 2 months after graduating my ADN program and I got 6 weeks of training, then I took my own assignments. the nurses are willing to help each other. the working environment can be stressful depending on patient load. you get to experience the mental health aspect of nursing even though there isn't a mental health unit. sometimes the people in administration do not protect their staff from the constant verbal and physical abuse from the patients r/t the fact that patient safety comes before staff safety.
Pros
Pto, teamwork
Cons
pay, healthcare equipment, Emr
Not worth your time
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 21, 2017
Started off great, until things got worse. Great place to learn to work in a fast pace work place, but bad if you're not the right temperament. You need a lot of patience to work with a Terrible staff and bad attitude staff.
Fast paced environment
Discharge Planner (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAApril 5, 2017
My work is fast paced due to the culture and demands of the job. Overall, I enjoy the people I work with and we strive to work as a team. I have expanded my network of resources for discharge planning needs of the patients.
Experience
CPT1 (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 23, 2017
This is one of the few jobs I've had to get a real hands on experience on what it is like to be in touch with the medical field connecting with real patients. Having to communicate in medical terms with nurses and doctors and I have to say it is one experience I do love to be around and I'm hoping I continue to enjoy this job.
Pros
Setting
Cons
Poor scheduling
Jordan high school long beach
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 21, 2016
I was a student work, I only worked during breakfast, Nutrition, and lunch. When I work I main helped the food service workers with preparing the food for students.
Pros
You get free meal
Well organized
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJune 21, 2016
Well organized fire alarm company, great benefits, Monday though Friday job. Learned how to use many hand and electrical tools.
Pros
Great job enviroment
Keep looking
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAMarch 12, 2016
This is an unprofessional environment with very unstable leadership. The management style is very controlling; it's all top-down micromanagement.
Physician-nurse relationships are dismal--no collaboration. The standard of care is very poor and the population that is served is extremely difficult to work with.
department staff like family
Radiologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed the learning experience, the knowledge acquired from years of service. The annual employee assessments with raise. It was a life in it's self outside of my personal life. I loved the world within Gardena Memorial hospital. Great doctors!!!
er admitting
ER Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Thankful for the opportunity. Good staff to work with meet some great people everyone is very helpful. Looking for a new place to start a new chapter of my life.
Good staff and team work
John Schwartz-Director (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 24, 2015
A very busy small hospital with a hard working staff that works together very well. Manager of ED was very helpful when noticing it was busy and lending a hand to staff.
Pros
Long term staff members helpful with newcomers.
Cons
Under staffed sometimes and long waits for non-critical patients.
Clinical Experience/Practicum
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 12, 2015
I was assigned her for clinical experience/practicum. I had a wonderful time working and learning form the staff! Time alloted for breaks were good. Hospital cafeteria has great food.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
N/a
Radiology Assistant
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 10, 2015
It was a great place to work. There were many opportunities to learn. The people made the department and pushed me to go back for higher education.
Great place to work for
Billing/Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CANovember 3, 2015
Great place to work for someone whom just starting out in the AR billing and collection filed. Management is very supportive of there staff.
good work environment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gardena,CASeptember 27, 2015
good clean hospital, friendly staff, good coworkers, learned a lot about x-ray technology. flexible hrs. ER can be busy
Pros
close to fwy
Cons
bad air conditioning
Great place for experience
Central Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CaJuly 23, 2015
Great place to get hands on experience in working in the medical field. Learned so many useful instruments and machines used in the hospitals today. Co workers were very patient and very knowledgeable with what goes on in the hospital setting. Hardest part was the demanding nurses. Making a difference
Team Work
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAMay 28, 2015
Working as a team and helping eachother to get the job done in a timely manner. Everyone is friendly here and is willing to go the extra mile to ensure great customer service
everything is great!
Hospital Operator (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAJanuary 19, 2015
everything is great! no complaints just need to expand my job experiences and venture out to learn a bit more, hoping to get a higher position in the future, i have a great boss that listens to all complaints, concerns, or suggestions, and thats very important in the workplace
good place for experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (subacute) (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CADecember 27, 2014
I am a current employee been there for a year its a great place to use as a stepping stone nothing permanent.
Pros
free lunches on holidays
Cons
short breaks health insurance not great
Work Environment
ER Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 12, 2014
Enjoyed my time there due o the people you work with. The salary scale is on the low end, but he opportunity for advancement is there