Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island Employee Reviews in United States

Work in a hospital and repair what ever needs to be fixed.
Licensed HVAC/R Technician (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 2, 2016
Working is a joy with my co -worker. My hard part is working with old hvac/r equipment. Good day start with a full work day .
Great Learning Environment
Nurse Intern II (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 1, 2016
Good daily routine
Great teamwork among healthcare professionals
Great communication
Hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the high influx of patients.
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients achieve their goals.
Pros
discounted lunches, amazing co-workers
Cons
schedulinig issues, high nurse-patient ratio on numerous occasions, relatively low compensation
great place to work for
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIOctober 20, 2015
great place to work for, it was close to home and great co-workers. Too bad my hours got cut back. i worked in 4 different departments in the hospital from the kitchen into medical records
Pros
close to home
Cons
hours were cut back due to budget cuts
see below
Billing/Follow-Up Representative, Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 16, 2015
Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island was a nice family oriented place to work. I learned a great deal from being employed with them over the years. It was a very friendly atmosphere and a fun place to work. I will always have very fond memories of Home Care. It was a very sad day when it was closed. The most enjoyable part of the job was just going to work. I made a lot of great friendships there that still exist today.
Very educational place to work
CNA/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Central Falls, RIFebruary 20, 2015
I have a great experience working with qualified Doctors, Nurses, CNA's and the staff is nice. Also, I have the opportunity to apply all my skills, job's experiences and my bilingual skills with the patients that don,t speak English just Spanish. I love helping people who need the most when it comes with dealing with help problems.
Pros
good knowledge and experience in the medical field
Cons
commute and hours
Memorial Hospital is a alright place to work for.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJanuary 11, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy,i learned a lot of things about being a unit secretary, good and helpful management and co-worker are great, the hardest part is when everything get hectic and you have to catch up with your work, which i do catch up. There is no enjoyable part to my job.
Pros
no being to busy
Cons
being very busy
Great Workplace
Clinical Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIDecember 27, 2014
Your centrally located in a hospital in which patients travel all over the world to work. You are part of a large healthcare system. You are a participant every day in something special! As a new nurse you are given a great preceptorship in order to learn and feel comfortable with your skills.
Pros
learning daily!
Cons
commute
fast pasted comfortable work environmet.
Billing/Follow-up Rep (Current Employee) –  pawtucket, riApril 16, 2014
see my skills
professional skills
on resume please

work mainly with United Healthcare and Medicaid follow up and billing
Great staff and family atmosphere throughout the facility
Supervisor of Physical Therapy (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIFebruary 26, 2014
Recent merger has resulted in outsourcing of the Physical Medicine Department.
Nice place, no room for advancement
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJanuary 30, 2014
Nice place to work if you don't want to go further in your career. Lower salary scale compared to other companies.
Pros
nice people, family
Cons
no room for advancement
Was a great place to work for, CNE merg and Government Health Insurance interventions has made things difficult
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIOctober 8, 2013
Have not seen much improvement promised here. Also have not seen much hope for climbing up the ladder here, which was also promised. Did learn alot about EMR's and data entry.
A friendly and professional place to work with knowledgeable staff.
Diagnostic Imaging Supervisor/Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 20, 2013
An average day at Memorial went from slow to busy at any given moment. We had patients of all ages with the emergency giving us our majority of them.
Staff in the radiology department were very close and worked well together. Management worked along side of staff to create a comfortable and efficient environment for patients and employees.
The most difficult part of the job would dealing with angry patients and upset family members. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is being a part of of the patients diagnosis,recovery and having them truly appreciate it.
Pros
great benefits, free healthcare, pleseant atmosphere
a good place to gain clinical skills experience
Staff registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIApril 6, 2013
a culture of devisiveness is promoted by management which make the work enviroment very hostile.
Pros
a place to work on skills, healthcare
Cons
no environment of teamwork or valued for areas of expertise
It is a good place to acquire experience.
Assistant MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJanuary 3, 2013
I am a part time employee in this hospital working eight hours a week. The hospital is encountering financial difficulty and in under new management. I am working with exprienced technologist and they are easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is when we have uncooperative patients and the most enjoyable part is when we meet or surpassed our patients expectations.
Pros
i am working with experienced and knowledgeable technologists.
Cons
parking is far from the hospital.
Emergency department
Physician Assistant Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIDecember 30, 2012
Require incoming PA's to do "Shadow Shifts" -(at least three shifts so they can train without paying you). Poor One on One counseling if it even occurs. Poor patient population mostly drug seekers. Computer system is antiquated but they are suppose to be fixing that problem. Physician's rely heavily on Up to Date for treatment protocol especially when related to Orthopedics....Up to Date is a poor source for Orthopedic information. Wheeless Online Textbook of Orthopedics is a more accurate source for ORTHOPEDICS!!!
YOU SHOULD CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY IF YOU GET A BREAK.
Attractive and good company to work for
Assist geriatric in their ADL's (Former Employee) –  pawtucket RIDecember 16, 2012
Very great company to work for 8 years.Left the company for school for better achievement.

2.9