Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island

Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island Employee Reviews

Very educational place to work
CNA/Receptionist (Current Employee), Central Falls, RIFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: good knowledge and experience in the medical field
Cons: commute and hours
I have a great experience working with qualified Doctors, Nurses, CNA's and the staff is nice. Also, I have the opportunity to apply all my skills, job's experiences and my bilingual skills with the patients that don,t speak English just Spanish. I love helping people who need the most when it comes with dealing with help problems.
Memorial Hospital is a alright place to work for.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Pawtucket, RIJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: no being to busy
Cons: being very busy
A typical day at work is very busy,i learned a lot of things about being a unit secretary, good and helpful management and co-worker are great, the hardest part is when everything get hectic and you have to catch up with your work, which i do catch up. There is no enjoyable part to my job.
Great Workplace
Clinical Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Pawtucket, RIDecember 27, 2014
Pros: learning daily!
Cons: commute
Your centrally located in a hospital in which patients travel all over the world to work. You are part of a large healthcare system. You are a participant every day in something special! As a new nurse you are given a great preceptorship in order to learn and feel comfortable with your skills.
fast pasted comfortable work environmet.
Billing/Follow-up Rep (Current Employee), pawtucket, riApril 16, 2014
see my skills
professional skills
on resume please

work mainly with United Healthcare and Medicaid follow up and billing
Great staff and family atmosphere throughout the facility
Supervisor of Physical Therapy (Current Employee), Pawtucket, RIFebruary 26, 2014
Recent merger has resulted in outsourcing of the Physical Medicine Department.
Nice place, no room for advancement
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee), Pawtucket, RIJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: nice people, family
Cons: no room for advancement
Nice place to work if you don't want to go further in your career. Lower salary scale compared to other companies.
Was a great place to work for, CNE merg and Government Health Insurance interventions has made things difficult
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Pawtucket, RIOctober 8, 2013
Have not seen much improvement promised here. Also have not seen much hope for climbing up the ladder here, which was also promised. Did learn alot about EMR's and data entry.
A friendly and professional place to work with knowledgeable staff.
Diagnostic Imaging Supervisor/Clinical Instructor (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RISeptember 20, 2013
Pros: great benefits, free healthcare, pleseant atmosphere
An average day at Memorial went from slow to busy at any given moment. We had patients of all ages with the emergency giving us our majority of them.
Staff in the radiology department were very close and – more... worked well together. Management worked along side of staff to create a comfortable and efficient environment for patients and employees.
The most difficult part of the job would dealing with angry patients and upset family members. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is being a part of of the patients diagnosis,recovery and having them truly appreciate it. – less
a good place to gain clinical skills experience
Staff registered nurse (Current Employee), Pawtucket, RIApril 6, 2013
Pros: a place to work on skills, healthcare
Cons: no environment of teamwork or valued for areas of expertise
a culture of devisiveness is promoted by management which make the work enviroment very hostile.
It is a good place to acquire experience.
Assistant MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Pawtucket, RIJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: i am working with experienced and knowledgeable technologists.
Cons: parking is far from the hospital.
I am a part time employee in this hospital working eight hours a week. The hospital is encountering financial difficulty and in under new management. I am working with exprienced technologist and they are easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is when we have uncooperative patients and the most enjoyable part is when we meet or surpassed our patients expectations.
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
Physician Assistant Emergency Department (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIDecember 30, 2012
Require incoming PA's to do "Shadow Shifts" -(at least three shifts so they can train without paying you). Poor One on One counseling if it even occurs. Poor patient population mostly drug seekers. Computer – more... system is antiquated but they are suppose to be fixing that problem. Physician's rely heavily on Up to Date for treatment protocol especially when related to Orthopedics....Up to Date is a poor source for Orthopedic information. Wheeless Online Textbook of Orthopedics is a more accurate source for ORTHOPEDICS!!!
YOU SHOULD CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY IF YOU GET A BREAK. – less
Attractive and good company to work for
Assist geriatric in their ADL's (Former Employee), pawtucket RIDecember 16, 2012
vERY GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR 8 YEARS.LEFT THE COMPANY FOR SCHOOL FOR BETTER ACHIEVEMENT.

Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island Salaries