Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island Employee Reviews

Overall nice place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 27, 2017
Enjoyable place to work, friendly coworkers, great cafeteria. Work space environment could have been better since my office was in the basement. Windows would have been great.
adoptable work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 27, 2017
good place to work. I enjoyed going to work everyday. I learned new skills everyday with the company. Every year I would have 3 weeks paid vacation days.
Pros
vacation days
Cons
overtime houurs
Memorial Hospital
Inpatient Staff Nurse/Senior Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 16, 2017
Memorial Hospital is closing. I did not choose to leave after dedicated employment for 27 years. However, due to poor management and mismanaged financials, the hospital has to close.
Pros
Friendly Environment/Great Patients
Cons
Closing
team player
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 13, 2017
Working as a team makes my job much more pleasant...Always a pleasure greeting patients as they present to be directed to designated appointments and /or to be registered ....
Pros
lunch break, short breakfast break, free employee parking and pt parking
my day at MHRI
Secretary to the Chief of Rehab (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 8, 2017
I enjoy my job and the people I work with. We are a family. We work together for the benefit of the patients and their families to provide a better outcome and life once out of the hospital
Pros
family at the hospital
it WAS a great place to work
Lead CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 1, 2017
Poorly managed, now the hospital is closing leaving a much needed community without a hospital and 750 employees without employment. I enjoyed my time there, and loved my patients. They were all down to earth and very warm
ok place to work
Transcription Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJune 19, 2017
Antiquated looking building including the equipment, people were nice to work with. Management not so great. Good Cafeteria. Shuttle bus parking too far away from hospital. Always a Police "Speed Trap" near the Employee parking lot
Wonderful place to work!
Respiratory Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJune 17, 2017
Memorial Hospital is a great place to work. The nurses, doctors, and therapists all work together to provide excellent patient care. The benefit package for employees is excellent!
Staff worked as a team. My supervisor was always there for us.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 3, 2017
Learned about research. Most enjoyable part of the job were the people. Most challenging were the data entry programs we had to use, but we all managed it very well. Enjoyed talking with patients and collecting quantitative and qualitative research for the study. There were many aspects to the study we were working on which made it constantly challenging and interesting.
Pros
People
Cons
Enjoyed working with majority of staff
Part-Time Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIDecember 9, 2016
There really wasn't a typical day. The only thing that was "typical" variety in job duties and encounters with patients. It sometimes be slow.
I learned a great deal due to being a student before being hired.
Unfortunately, Management did not appreciate hard work and commitment.
I enjoyed the variety of job duties.

Want to know more about Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island?

Ask a question
Amazing workplace, amazing people!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIOctober 12, 2016
It was a great place to work for, I had to step down because of school or I would have been there 10 years in November. I loved my job and my peers! I worked on prior authorizations, called patients, scheduled patients all day. We would file and scan all paperwork and go through the fax machine.
Family atmosphere in a busy laboratory
Laboratory Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed using my attention to detail and problem solving skills the most. In the department, I worked with wonderful people and functioned well individually as well as part of the team. I excel at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Pros
Dedicated and knowledgable staff
Cons
Short staffing issues
Work in a hospital and repair what ever needs to be fixed.
Licensed HVAC/R Technician (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 2, 2016
Working is a joy with my co -worker. My hard part is working with old hvac/r equipment. Good day start with a full work day .
Great Learning Environment
Nurse Intern II (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 1, 2016
Good daily routine
Great teamwork among healthcare professionals
Great communication
Hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with the high influx of patients.
Most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients achieve their goals.
Pros
discounted lunches, amazing co-workers
Cons
schedulinig issues, high nurse-patient ratio on numerous occasions, relatively low compensation
great place to work for
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIOctober 20, 2015
great place to work for, it was close to home and great co-workers. Too bad my hours got cut back. i worked in 4 different departments in the hospital from the kitchen into medical records
Pros
close to home
Cons
hours were cut back due to budget cuts
see below
Billing/Follow-Up Representative, Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 16, 2015
Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island was a nice family oriented place to work. I learned a great deal from being employed with them over the years. It was a very friendly atmosphere and a fun place to work. I will always have very fond memories of Home Care. It was a very sad day when it was closed. The most enjoyable part of the job was just going to work. I made a lot of great friendships there that still exist today.
Very educational place to work
CNA/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Central Falls, RIFebruary 20, 2015
I have a great experience working with qualified Doctors, Nurses, CNA's and the staff is nice. Also, I have the opportunity to apply all my skills, job's experiences and my bilingual skills with the patients that don,t speak English just Spanish. I love helping people who need the most when it comes with dealing with help problems.
Pros
Good knowledge and experience in the medical field
Cons
Commute and hours
Memorial Hospital is a alright place to work for.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJanuary 11, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy,i learned a lot of things about being a unit secretary, good and helpful management and co-worker are great, the hardest part is when everything get hectic and you have to catch up with your work, which i do catch up. There is no enjoyable part to my job.
Pros
no being to busy
Cons
being very busy
Great Workplace
Clinical Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIDecember 27, 2014
Your centrally located in a hospital in which patients travel all over the world to work. You are part of a large healthcare system. You are a participant every day in something special! As a new nurse you are given a great preceptorship in order to learn and feel comfortable with your skills.
Pros
Learning Daily!
Cons
Commute
fast pasted comfortable work environmet.
Billing/Follow-up Rep (Current Employee) –  pawtucket, riApril 16, 2014