Memorial Hospital of South Bend Employee Reviews

Very professional
Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 24, 2016
Memorial Sleep Disorder Center is a great place to work. The technologist's that work there are all very experienced and all carry the BRPT certificate.
Used to be a great place to work
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Inpatient careJuly 18, 2016
When I first started at Memorial it was wonderful. I received a job advancement within my first year. Shortly thereafter Administration let my Director go, they merged management to two inpatient units and cut jobs. My coworkers were tightly knit and for the most part great to work with. Management was constantly changing. Benefits were not what you would expect working in healthcare. Management was not fair when it came to personal matters and the need for time off. If you weren't one of the fortunate few, your job could be in jeopardy. My advise, do you job and don't get too chummy with leadership or voice your opinions on policies or lack thereof.
Memorial went from a great place to work to a place where job security is a worry everyday.
Pros
Coworkers were like family
Cons
Benefits not good for working in healthcare, management plays favorites
Unfriendly to employees, that aren't directly needed, by them.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 24, 2016
I have been working at Memorial Hospital of South Bend, about 1 year now. The nurses, UA's, and doctors, only talk to each other. They will either look right past you, or down at the ground. Instead of saying hello to you. The younger female nurses, are way too friendly, with the male doctors. The older nurses, try to fit in with the younger nurses, instead of teaching them to be better people. The male nurses sit around, and talk very badly about patients. And make very racist comments, with the doctors. It's very disgusting behavior! I have never heard of a place, where employees are so cold toward other employees, based on job title. If I ever need a hospital, it won't be this one. I will gladly pay more, and go to St. Joe Hospital in Mishawaka.
Pros
Helping people, benefits
Cons
Not good people
How to make a difference in someones life.
Certified PCA-Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 28, 2015
I learned how to manage my time, work as part of team. I cared for patients and their families. I provided a safe and compassionate environment.
Took care of patients and checked their vital signs.
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 10, 2013
I gave bed baths, checked vital signs, gave accu-checks, as well as fed patients.
Pros
Working in a good and happy environment.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
a place where I could grow personally and professionally
Outpatient Clinician- Float for Surgical Svs (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 7, 2013
Nursing Manager was weak and did not support staff and empower them , no mutual respect
Memorial provides a wide variety of work and educational opportunities.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 31, 2013
I always felt great support from my supervisors and co-workers. The hospital has grown alot and really cares about the needs of the community.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, lots of opportunities.
Cons
Lots of changes can be hard to keep up with.
Friendly environment, great place to work!
Environmental Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 15, 2013
I learned a lot about customer care. Very fast pace. never any down time so working hard and smart was always a must. We could've had better management. We went through several supervisors but it never effected our work. The hardest part of the ob was having all of the proper materials. We were constantly short in supply. I enjoyed my employees!
Nurses striving, via compasion and team work, to provide the best patient care.
RN (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 1, 2013
A typical day at the Memorial Hospital PACU is busy, and often very stressful. As the "Major Surgical Recovery Unit" at Memorial, this PACU sees a variety of different levels of patient needs. The nurses of this unit strive for excellent patient care. These nurses also understand the value, to the patients and to the unit, of efficient team work.
The hardest part of my job in the PACU is often the large patient load (with recent staff cut-backs) of the unit. Our critical patients require "one-on-one" care, and often we are not staffed efficiently to provide this level of care.
However, with all the ups and downs, I do enjoy my job. I feel confident in the care I provide, and believe our team at Memorial makes a difference.
Excellent employer who cares about employees
Supervisor, Safety and Security (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 15, 2012
I would not have left this position, but I was asked to return to the Sheriff's Department. I wanted to return to help my longtime friend who was the Sheriff.
Good plae to work
Unit Clerk/Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 26, 2012
Good place to work, I been there for 16 years and wanted a career change.
Pros
incentives are good for an employee who is also a patient there
Cons
12 hour shifts
I'd Go Back In A Heartbeat!
Patient Care Associate/Pediatric Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJuly 14, 2012
I started working for Memorial Hospital shortly after I graduated from high school. It was my first experience working in the medical field and I learned so, so much! I was hired in as a Patient Care Assistant and my responsibilities included taking vitals, ambulatory assistance, turns, toileting assistance, blood sugar checks and much more. Memorial offers great benefits with competitive pay. The hours were pretty decent. However, holidays were a must but they did all they could to rotate people so a couple of people didn't always get stuck working. I loved working at Memorial and if I hadn't moved out of the area to attend school, I think I would still be working there.
Pros
competitive pay, great benefits, good hours, positive work enviornment
Cons
holidays, high stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hospital of South Bend. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2