Memorial Hospital of South Bend

Memorial Hospital of South Bend Employer Reviews

a place where I could grow personally and professionally
Outpatient Clinician- Float for Surgical Svs (Former Employee), South Bend, INAugust 7, 2013
Nursing Manager was weak and did not support staff and empower them , no mutual respect
Memorial provides a wide variety of work and educational opportunities.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), South Bend, INJuly 31, 2013
Pros: good pay, good benefits, lots of opportunities.
Cons: lots of changes can be hard to keep up with.
I always felt great support from my supervisors and co-workers. The hospital has grown alot and really cares about the needs of the community.
Friendly environment, great place to work!
Environmental Associate (Former Employee), South Bend, INApril 15, 2013
I learned a lot about customer care. Very fast pace. never any down time so working hard and smart was always a must. We could've had better management. We went through several supervisors but it never effected our work. The hardest part of the ob was having all of the proper materials. We were constantly short in supply. I enjoyed my employees!
Nurses striving, via compasion and team work, to provide the best patient care.
RN (Current Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 1, 2013
A typical day at the Memorial Hospital PACU is busy, and often very stressful. As the "Major Surgical Recovery Unit" at Memorial, this PACU sees a variety of different levels of patient needs. The nurses of this unit strive for excellent patient care. These nurses also understand the value, to the patients and to the unit, of efficient team work.
The – more... hardest part of my job in the PACU is often the large patient load (with recent staff cut-backs) of the unit. Our critical patients require "one-on-one" care, and often we are not staffed efficiently to provide this level of care.
However, with all the ups and downs, I do enjoy my job. I feel confident in the care I provide, and believe our team at Memorial makes a difference. – less
Excellent employer who cares about employees
Supervisor, Safety and Security (Former Employee), South Bend, INDecember 15, 2012
I would not have left this position, but I was asked to return to the Sheriff's Department. I wanted to return to help my longtime friend who was the Sheriff.
Good plae to work
Unit Clerk/Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), South Bend, INAugust 26, 2012
Pros: incentives are good for an employee who is also a patient there
Cons: 12 hour shifts
Good place to work, I been there for 16 years and wanted a career change.
I'd Go Back In A Heartbeat!
Patient Care Associate/Pediatric Unit Assistant (Former Employee), South Bend, INJuly 14, 2012
Pros: competitive pay, great benefits, good hours, positive work enviornment
Cons: holidays, high stress
I started working for Memorial Hospital shortly after I graduated from high school. It was my first experience working in the medical field and I learned so, so much! I was hired in as a Patient Care Assistant and my responsibilities included taking vitals, ambulatory assistance, turns, toileting assistance, blood sugar checks and much more. Memorial – more... offers great benefits with competitive pay. The hours were pretty decent. However, holidays were a must but they did all they could to rotate people so a couple of people didn't always get stuck working. I loved working at Memorial and if I hadn't moved out of the area to attend school, I think I would still be working there. – less

About Memorial Hospital of South Bend

When you're on a fishing trip in northern Indiana and step on a rusty fishing hook or generally feel a little green around the – Read more