Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County Employee Reviews

Excellent hospital
Title- Custodian/ housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYDecember 16, 2015
Long hard days cleaning.

Learned to clean a room well enough you could do surgery in it! Literally!!!

Was alone in my job duties most of the time, nurses let you know when a room came available for cleaning.

long hard labor.

A sense of accomplishment, takes a hard worker with a keep eye and sense of quality workmanship.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Very hard labor
Fun, professional environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYAugust 1, 2016
I absolutely love working with all of the staff as well as guests. The benefits are amazing and the staff is so easy to work with in every department.
Benefits
Cons
n/a
Salary for a county hospital is not up to par
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYMay 10, 2014
The hospital needs to providee a better employee compensation package.
Pros
great people
Cons
high turn over
While the wages are good, the hospital needs to reevaluate their priorities - as to what personnel actually keep the organization afloat.
Perioperative /Team Leader - Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYFebruary 18, 2015
The OR can be a stressful area to work in - but it also requires one to be able to think on one's feet, and know what to do in a crisis. Also, at times the hours can be grueling. I feel that a lot of the time, this hospital focuses on bringing in doctors and then tries to cut corners when it comes to the nursing staff. Many of the areas are not well staffed - d/t attrition. While management states that furthering education is important, it no longer offers any kind of financial reimbursement for those who choose to do so. Those nursing specialties who are required to take on-call face more and more stipulations and rules regarding when they will eligible to receive on-call pay. I personally think the staff in the OR - both nursing and medical - are excellent and I have really enjoyed the time spent working with them.
Alot of great people to work with.
Radiological Technologist (ARRT) (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYSeptember 25, 2012
As with any large company or faciluty there are issue at hand. All in all a good place to work and learn from other people.
Pros
gain knowledge constantly.
Cons
has a revoling door as for employees in certain departments.
Only a short work period.
Practicing Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJuly 26, 2013
Within the short amount of time that I practiced phlebotomy at this hospital it seemed like a great place to work. I got along with all the nurses and other co-workers I worked along side of.
Wonderful place to work
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYAugust 26, 2013
Definitely enjoyed my time working for this hospital. The best part was being able to meet and interact with all hospital employees.
Pros
the wonderful co-workers
Great Learning Experiance
Emergency Department Admitting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYNovember 4, 2013
Many dedicated workers who really care about their job and the people that come into the hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4