Memorial Hospital of Tampa

Memorial Hospital of Tampa Employee Reviews in United States

Memorial Hospital in Tampa is a great place to work.
nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaDecember 14, 2015
Memorial Hospital provides patient centered care with emphasis on employee engagement. I have been made welcome from the first interview, through orientation and every day at work.
Everyone is very helpful, kind and attentive to my needs. The hardest part is getting used to the systems but I feel confident asking for help.
Pros
The hospital provides great educational opportunities.
Ok place to work.
Charge/Staff Nurse, Adult Behavioral Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2015
It has been a while since I worked there. While I was there the hospital had just been bought out and there were a lot of changes happening. Hopefully a lot has changed.
Shortage of employees
Patient Care Tech/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2015
Loved working at the hospital and helping the patients. Wish there was a better ratio of patient to nursing staff. They offered excellent training and work opportunity. Management had open door policy when it came to staff concerns.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
salary starts very low/ shortage of staff
Very good place to work, but I had conflicting schedules.
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 14, 2015
I learned HIPPA Standards and how to use a color scanner. Retrieving, prepping, scanning and indexing electronic medical records. Answering mulit-line phones, insurance verification, release of information. I enjoyed all of my co-workers as well as management. The hardest part of my job was reviewing graphic color photos of injuries.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
I had a 45 minute drive to and from work.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 27, 2015
I was an Office coordinator at Memorial Hospital in Tampa Florida. I ran the front desk greeted patients and got them signed in for their procedures. Gave them and helped with filling out forms. The hardest part of the job when a patient came in for a procedure from their doctor and did not have a script to have the procedure done. The hospital policy was no script no procedure. Sometimes it was a challenge to get a script when called a doctors office to find out that are closed. I would always try to give the patient some comfort with an explication, and would try to reschedule their appointment and I would make sure that was I was able to get a script for the patient before returning. The best part of the job is making people happy. I always put myself in their shoes.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Memorial Hospital
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2015
Follow up to ensure authorizations are obtained timely
Referrals to SNF, ALF or HHC
Follow up with patients, family to ensure needs are met prior to discharge
Pros
Cons
Commute
Great Management
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2015
• Performed administrative and clerical tasks of compiling information and organizing files of correspondences for accuracy and efficiency.
• Standardized department electronic and paper filing system to increase efficiency.
• Managed reception area including, greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person request for information.
• Managed daily office operations and maintenance of equipment with recorded documentation.
Pros
GREAT MANAGER
Cons
Not enough hours for shift duration
Professional Invornment
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Small intimate hospital where staff are very diversed and friendly. Understaffing was a problem where long hours and no increase in pay were expected.
Great work environment
CSA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2014
Walking on the floor at Memorial Hospital was friendly and warm. Everyone had a smile and very pleasant.
working at memorial hospital
Psychiatry technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 10, 2014
i help patients/clients with ADLs.and make sure the patients are safe
Pros
positive working environment
Cons
low salary
Was a great career opportunity.
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2013
Initial company was what I most desired in a small company. But was acquired by much larger company which changed the focus.
Pros
was a small healthcare company.
Cons
was acquired by the largest healthcare company in america.
enjoy working there,however unable to move out of town
collector (Current Employee) –  tampa,flAugust 26, 2013
love management and coworkers, office moving to St Pete Fl not able to travel that far
poor morale/ poor management
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2013
Starting the day doing anything from outpatient flouro exams,to routine xrays, portables or ER, OR. all depending on schedule

coworkers are great to work for.

Clinical manager always in bad mood and micromanaging even though staff knows how to keep the work flowing.

hardest part of the job working for a clinical manager that hoovers over techs.

the most enjoyable part of the job working one on one with the patients.
Pros
my schedule
Cons
poor morale/stressed out managers
easy to get along
Cash Reconciliation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 18, 2013
Easy to get along with the people I work with. Work is work here. As long as you do your work you aren't bothered. Management is easy to get along with depending on who you are dealing with.
Horrible place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2013
Politics are played at the top. Managers are thank-less. It's all about money and not about quality care or employee morale at all. Always under staffed which made for unsafe patient to nurse ratios. Rude, unprofessional nursing supervisors. Unsafe nurses. Broken equipment that takes forever to replace making the job harder. Cockroach infestation that can't seem to be fixed. Constant changes in the way things are done on the floor which is poorly communicated. Managers communicate with letters in "mail-box" rather than having meetings which doesn't allow for question/answer or discussion. Managers don't stand behind their employees. Unsafe agency staff that was repeatedly allowed to return.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
unsafe patient to nurse ratio, morale is very low, thank-less managers, politics played in admin., unprofessional, equipment constantly broken, roaches
Meeting new people was fun
"Materials Specialist" (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2012
This job allowed me to meet lots of great people in the hospital environment.
great place to work, poorly staffed and managed
Registrar (Former Employee) –  tampa flMay 24, 2012
It's a profit driven hospital, short staff more stress, when you get through that.... not a very bad place to work.
Pros
benefits, nice co-workers
Cons
management throughout the hospital