Memorial Hospital of Union County Employee Reviews

Memorial is a rapidly growing organization with a very strong culture of collaboration and patient-centered care.
Director (Current Employee) –  Memorial HospitalJanuary 23, 2018
A perfect fit for those looking to do more than simply punch a clock and for those who appreciate the value of a team. Memorial is an extraordinary place to work and grow if you are willing to put yourself in a position to grow. I feel like accountability is pretty high and I like that. Most managers/directors are open to ideas that come from other employees and I believe empowerment of individuals is growing with time. We all have an opportunity to contribute and have shared goals to move the organization forward. Senior leaders are supportive and balance the bigger picture with the desires of a team. I love the people I work with and believe we are here to support one another. Compensation is market competitive and Memorial even has an annual bonus for all employees if goals are reached.
Pros
Growing, fiscally strong, high value on teamwork, good balance of all generations, market competitive pay, good benefits available.
Cons
Not a very vertical organization so growth is possible, but must be patient and work hard.
Potential
Entry Level (Current Employee) –  MarysvilleJanuary 12, 2018
Memorial has the potential to be a great work place, but Senior Leadership has to care about its people and make changes for that to happen. Unfortunately, the Senior Leaders are not interested in doing anything to make the needed changes. Senior Leaders will not even speak to employees as they pass them in the hall or at employee events. They just congregate together and "tolerate" being in the same room with their employees.

This place screams for the need of a union to help the employees get what they deserve.
Great place to work.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHSeptember 1, 2017
Lots of teamwork among coworkers. Very relaxed atmosphere. Very busy at times but still not very stressful. Great staff. Doctors were very caring and great to work with.
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Patient Representative
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Memorial Hospital of Union CountryAugust 15, 2017
Worst department to work in at the hospital. This position has the highest turnover but upper management will not do anything about the problem - the Director and Supervisor! Everyone is miserable in their job and is looking for other opportunities but cannot transfer because the Director or Supervisor writes you up for nothing so you cannot transfer. You will miserable if you work in Patient Registration!
Pros
Retirement
Cons
Management!
Very poor
RN (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHAugust 13, 2016
Poor place to work. Most managers hold and associate degree at most. The Marysville PD refuses to work with the hospital and provide officers because of such poor management. Policies are outdated. Hospital is outdated. Computer system is constantly down requiring frequent updates meaning lots of downtime paperwork....Hospital didn't want to listen to staff and get EPIC. Hospital is not locked down at night. Anyone can wander anywhere anytime. Not a place I would send my family.
Great Staff, Great Patients
PTA (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 3, 2016
Absolutely LOVE hospital work! Very challenging work.Good interdepartmental cooperation. The hospital had an outpatient clinic too.I saw on-the-job staff injuries too, which was very interesting.
Pros
Clean, Busy Work, Great Staff
Cons
Home Health
I loved this job.... sorry I ever quit....
Health Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 8, 2015
The only reason that I took another job was due to the hours for this job... I was doing 12 hr shifts from 2pm to 2 am for 6 years. I was offered a day shift job at Damascus and I thought that was a better option for me and my family. I was extremely proud of my job at the hospital, glad to be a part of the Memorial Hospital family. I liked being able to help people and the Unit Clerk position was perfect for me as it was diverse and challenging. The people that I worked with were awesome and I really wish I had never left.
Pros
Helping people, utilizing my abilities to the fullest
Cons
Only the hours ... 2 pm until 2 am
was a great place to treat Mental Health & Drug and Alcohol Abuse
Mental Health Technician, I (Former Employee) –  Marysville, ohioApril 24, 2014
i found this job to be very rewarding and worked with a lot great staff.
Pros
good support
Cons
not enough time to cure all patients
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHOctober 11, 2012
I worked at MHUC for over 8 years. The hardest part of my job was tolerating some of my co-workers.
Productive and energetic atmosphere
Coder (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHAugust 1, 2012
A typical day at work is low key and laid back. Everyone in the department has their own duties to perform for the day and it is a great place to be. I learned how to work in an office setting with others. I learned a lot from the management that trained me. The co-workers are great and always willing to help out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hospital of Union County. Our community is ready to answer.

Memorial Hospital of Union County Reviews by Location