Memorial Hospital

Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Productive and Busy
Biller/Ins Rep (Current Employee), Chicago, IlJuly 16, 2014
Already previous listed my review.
Promote accounts receivable management, (debit & credit) by working persistently, patiently, and positively to address problems from identification through resolution. To proactively control accounts receivable through coordinating and motivating maximum reimbursement for hospital services.
I love my job I just have to find a new one due to certain changes in job postion.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good benefits, pay for lunch out of payroll
Cons: the changes to the secretary postion
I'm always on time and love to put in as much effort as I can into my workplace.My typical work day would consist of me making sure my work is completed in a prompt and orderly manner. I'm really great with working as a team but even better when I am on my own.i usually always get along with my co-workers, and am always in a good positive even when – more... things aren't as great at home. – less
Great management
Case Manager - Home Health/Hospice (Former Employee), Fremont, OHJuly 8, 2014
Management cares about their employee's. The staff work together and help to create a friendly work environment.
DOC Floor
Registered Nurse, Medical/Surgical Unit (Former Employee), Jacksonville FLJuly 7, 2014
Great people to work with. Hospital is so-so. Very good place to learn how to be a nurse by yourself.
Long considered the "city" hospital, Memorial prides itself in providing quality and compassionate healthcare to its patients and family members.
Clinical Nurse Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 6, 2014
We service metropolitan Colorado Springs and El Paso County. We also provide healthcare to those in outlying communities from northern New Mexico, western Kansas, and along the front range I-25 corridor.

We have extremely talented and dedicated staff - nurses, techs, physicians who pride themselves on providing top-notch trauma and post-surgical care. – more... Our critical care team is excellent and there are very good working relationships with both the nurses as well as physicians providing a continuum of care.

As a manager, I believe in assisting my team whether that is helping out at bedside with patient care, or working along side the charge nurses and Unit Practice Council in updating our educational programs, quality improvement measures, and patient satisfaction scores. Our staff is extremely team focused which allows for successful days even in times of high stress (such as heavy admission/discharge days).

We have excelled in managing our productivity, improved our overall quality measures, and are now focused on improving patient satisfaction scores. – less
Excellent work environment!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 30, 2014
Pros: great work environment, great benefits, excellent co workers
Cons: pay scale
Great work environment, loved co workers and flexibility.
great work enviroment
Cardiac Procedure Technician (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 26, 2014
My job consist of lab draws,ekg,transport patients and training new cardiac techs as a team leader. My 13+ years I learned how to draw blood,ekg sonagraph and much more in the health care field. I trained the majority of new co-workers that were doing the same job as I. The hardest part of my job was getting close to patients who would pass away. Most – more... enjoyable part of my job was patient interaction. – less
Its a disfunctional work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Gulfport, MSJune 19, 2014
It sucks the managers and directors are butt kissers and have yellow spines.
GOOD HOUSEKEPPER
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 17, 2014
I LIKE WORKING AT THIS HOSPITAL BECAUSE IT IS A OPEN ENVIROMENT
Started off great, then went south
Cat Scan/Radiology Technologist (Shift Leader) (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2014
I started out as the Cat Scan tech and would help the X-ray tech when needed. He ended up quitting and I got stuck doing both jobs for 6 months..............while pregnant. I asked my department manager numerous times to hire a new Xray tech and he kept blowing me off cause I was able to handle the workload. Eventually the physical stress caused false – more... contractions and my doctor put me on light duty. So my manager said he would make finding another tech his first priority. 3 months later (after I'd already had my son), I was still pulling double-duty. Finally quit from exhaustion. They shut down the hospital a few months later. – less
A great volunteer opportunity
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 12, 2014
Hospitals do good work helping those who are having health problems, also a great opportunity for students to volunteer in a health care setting.
Excellent place to learn and grow as an employee.
Registration/ Collections Clerk (Current Employee), Pawtucket, RIJune 11, 2014
Pros: always having something to do, learning new lessons daily.
Cons: the shift makes balancing other aspects of life difficult.
Working here is absolutely unpredictable. The day-to-day rush teaches you about compassion, time management and attention to detail. Between patients, their families, coworkers and working a shift where there is no supervisor, you learn to choose your battles and figure out what you will allow to affect you. I love being in such a fast-paced environment – more... and being challenged differently every day. While exhilarating, this job is emotionally taxing and working second shift full time makes it hard to balance my job, social life, and family. – less
Caring Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 22, 2014
Pros: learning enviroment.
Cons: time management of hospital flow.
A typical day at work was to receive reports on patient load, check on patients during rounds every two hours, administering medications, checking for new orders, completing orders, electronic documentation, education and answering calls in a timely manner.
I learned patient care, electronic documentation, assessing patient needs, and when to call the – more... doctor. I also learned to work as a team member, and to be a leader when needed.
Management and co-workers helped me to expand my knowledge of various medical practices.
The hardest part was receiving new admissions while also receiving reports for current patients during shift change.
I really enjoyed working as a team with my co-workers. I also enjoyed being able to educate the patients and family members on health matters. – less
night s
memorial hosptial (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMay 20, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: short staff
A typical day at work can be 12 hr. to 16 hr. a night I start by writing out what patient I have . what test , if they are NPO, diet changes, I like to know what is going on with the patient after I GET ALL THE ENFO. I can I then go around and great the patient tell them my name ask them if I can do anything for them . that start my day The Patient – more... are what make this job enjoyable .The hardest part of the job is when you loose a patient. co -workers you need great team work. – less
It was challenging
Unit Clerk/C.N.A (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: time
It was hard to find balance between job and home. A lot of times I would be at home thinking about what I did at work, and then I would find myself thinking about family at work.
Productive place to work
Chart Analysis Clerk (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMay 14, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: working holiday
Talking with doctors answering phone computer print motoring doctors charting.
How to communication with co-workers.
Management very helpful.
End of month report and suspending physicians privileges'.
The co worker team work.
Very busy and confidential place to work.
Assistant Clerical Worker (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMay 2, 2014
Pros: i learned alot it and it helped me really figure out if i was cut out for a behind the desk job.
Cons: it was voluntary
A typical day at work consisted of filing papers by alphabetical order, making portfolios, computer work, taking orders, creating confidential folders, and handling personal patient information. I learned about clerical work in the hospital. The hardest part of the job was organizing the paperwork in alphabetical order.
LPN staff nurse and Discharge Resource (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 30, 2014
Pros: 9 hour shifts. close to home, great medical benefits.
Cons: short breaks.. worked most saturdays.
I loved providing education at discharge to new parents. During my time patient satisfaction improved from 28% to 83% in receiving education preparing them to go home.
I worked with an amazing team of nurturing nurses.
The hardest part was prioritizing on days of high # of discharges.
I enjoyed the communicating and knowing I made a difference to young – more... mothers. – less
Hospital was a good place to work but made rules for certain people and if you were not in the clic that was that.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 29, 2014
Pros: good employees to work with.
Cons: management needs to be improved
Had excellect co-workers at the Memorial Hixson Campus.
Enjoyed working with others.
Clocked in, checked offices and doors that needed to be locked that left unlocked by housekeeping. Let Doctors and their staff in their Walked the Sisters to their cars.
Very busy, exciting place to work
Radiologic Technologist/ Mammographer (Former Employee), Jacksonville FloridaApril 25, 2014
Pros: management/ supervisors always seemed to genuinely care
Cons: sometimes did not get breaks due large patient volume
I worked at Memorial for 22 years, learned so much there.
Management was always accommodating to my needs.

I worked nights, evenings and day shift. They invested time and money in me to send me to mammography training and was able to become certified in 2003

My co-workers were awesome in all departments I worked in, still have close friendships today – more... with some.

I would say the hardest part of my time at Memorial was leaving but, had to go work in my families business for personal reasons – less

1 2 3 4 5