Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

a good beginning place
Nurse Clinician I (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDNovember 29, 2016
This hospital closed in 2009 as a result of a merger. It was an older though very engaged, small community hospital. This hospital and another in the county were taken over and merged into a regional medical center. Neither of the two original hospitals exist any longer.
Rewarding
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VANovember 21, 2016
rewarding....
working in a fast paced environment.........
transcribing doctor's orders that save lives...........
everything you do is critically important
Fun atmosphere considering what happens in there
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 14, 2016
Memorial is a great place to work. Lots of people with diverse backgrounds working together to achieve one common goal. I learned many aspects of security during my tenure there.
Memorial ED
Memorial ED (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 2, 2016
Its a great place to work. Memorial is a teaching hospital so you always learn something new. The managers are great people to work for and strive for greatness
Very enjoyable workplace and co-workers are team players
Histotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 1, 2016
Working at Memorial Hospital was a great place to work. I looked forward to going in every day to see what the next challenge would be. I really enjoyed being able to care for patients.
Pros
Provided lunches on different occasions, had craft and other sales we could attend.
very closed place, narrow minded blue color class place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHOctober 25, 2016
It's very rural area, there isn't much of culture. Most people works there live within 10 minutes.
It's very weird place to me, there is hardly any minority. I tried to stay for two years to get my 14 % retirement invest. But there are many nice people, I made few very good friend, who all ended up left that place.
Pros
There are some nice people there
Cons
Very narrow minded environment
Pre nursing school job
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 17, 2016
This was a job that I held prior to nursing school. It was a good step in healthcare. It got me familiar with the hospital environment.
Great place to work, Family feel. Lots of learning opportunities, Nurses are valued and managers are respectful.
Staff nurse, Telemetry unit (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 14, 2016
Great place to work - Family feel. Lots of learning opportunities. Nurses are valued and respected. Managers and co-workers are supportive. Staff education is part of their priorities.
Pros
Great place to work, Family feel. Lots of learning opportunities, Nurses are valued and respected. Managers and co-workers are supportive.
Cons
Nothing I can think of.
MHG-recommended company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 13, 2016
Excellent culture of care is provided at Memorial with emphasis on patient safety and evidence based practice. Management is approachable and values performance based change. Salary is below state average but provides good benefits.
The unit is like a family environment.
Registered Nurse, Woman's Pavilion (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 10, 2016
Memorial Hospital is a good place to work. Everyone is friendly and willing to help with whatever is needed. Woman's Pavilion is a great place to work. We get a lot of positive feedback from the patients. It can get stressful when a patient starts to go into labor and it is an emergency to get them to the birth center ASAP before they deliver. Other than that I really like working on Woman's Pavilion.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
It is getting too big since UCH took over.
Front Desk Surgery Scheduling Rep (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 9, 2016
Worked here for many years. Just needed a new career. Good benefits and great working atmosphere. Learned a lot about medical procedures and helped a lot of patients.
Hospital
Access-Registrar (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 5, 2016
It was a good experience. I was able to interact with many sailors and their families. Customer Service was the big goal and I think we did an excellent job.
well managed , progressive hospital
ICU rn (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 11, 2016
ic was a good place to work , supportive co-workers , and management . great patient care deliered . great pay and denifits. i was proud to workthere .
Pros
good place to work
Cons
bakersfield california is hot
enjoyable work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYAugust 30, 2016
A place where i could work hard and be recognized for a succesful day. Learned a few things about medical needs of parients. Got along well with management and co workers. Hardest part of the job was the sadness from patients, most enjoyable was the happiness and strength of the patients
Pros
awesome pay and benefits
Cons
worked all weekends and nights
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 26, 2016
The staff and nice and friendly, always smiling and saying hello. They always make sure that you feel welcome and comfortable.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Amazing work atmosphere
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXAugust 24, 2016
A typical day as an aide is very busy you have 10- 12 patients a day maybe more
Ive learned you can not please everyone
Management was awesome the were flexible and always willing to help
My coworkers were always reliable and willing to help
the best part of my job was meeting new people and being able to help patients while they were sick
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
rude patients and families at times
Clinical setting, hands on nursing work environment
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 24, 2016
Memorial Hospital was very organized and scheduled.
It was a good place to learn team based work skills.
at times the hospital was understaffed which made a work day a little more difficult.
Pros
The cardiac floor was stafed well
Cons
Low pay rates
Loved It!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 22, 2016
I loved working on 2 south @ memorial. Great atmosphere. My boss was awesome. The only con was that we were always understaffed. so a lot of us were pulling extra shifts,
Very negative experience
Histotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INAugust 19, 2016
This was a very negative experience for me. Poor medical care and management. I do not want to work for someplace/someone that I would not trust their quality of care. Very bad and costly experience for me.
Productive Work Place
Business Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 16, 2016
Great and versatile employer to work for. I enjoy the many opportunities for advancement. The benefits offered are wonderful and fair.