Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Hospital with amazing teamwork among staff
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga TnOctober 12, 2015
Wonderful learning environment. Everyone is very friendly. I worked on a cardiac floor and i have absolutely no complaints. Upper management was always supportive and encouraged lower management to continue education.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
You'll love working here!!
Home Health Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHOctober 9, 2015
I loved working here.....everyone is very friendly to everyone!! They will get to know you by name. You may even feel like family away from family here. As an employee, there are all sorts of fun activities to do for mandatory processes the hospital must meet every year. There is always food or prizes, because everyone loves to eat and win!! Employees work out free in the wellness center. You get some perks the cafeteria food is very good!

One thing about the hospital, once you come aboard, make sure before you leave, you really want to leave, because the only way back in is if some retires or resigns and that is no guarantee. Rarely anyone leaves, that is why it is so hard to get hired - it's a great place to work!!

You get many days off (paid holidays). Sick and vacation days are separate. Benefits are very good (part timers may also qualify). Pay is very competitive. A Flu shot is mandatory, but there are ways around it. OPERS. The hospital is county owned.
Pros
sick/vacation days separated/many holidays paid
It was ok place to work
Non-Emergency Transporter (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 4, 2015
I cleaned up around the hospital as a groundskeeper, and I was promoted to patient transport. It was a ok place to work until a customer says something wrong about you then that where the trouble starts you don't get a fair shot with your employment cause if they feel they do not want you you are fired
What have I learn
REIMBURSEMENT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 2, 2015
Memorial Hospital believes in family working together to accomplish one goal and it takes a team to do so. I love the way things are run at Memorial Hospital. The objectives and where they want to be in 10 years. It's a positive place to work, learn, and execute. I enjoy how they intrust I will make the right decision for our patient. It's a fun loving place to work and enjoy doing what you do. Management is approachable, co-workers reach out to ask questions or ask for help.
Pros
Free access to the Gym, reasonable lunch specials, free parking..
Cons
Over task, with less people, no compensation.
Don't work 2nd shift
Medical Technologist-Generalist Full time (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 1, 2015
I have worked for this company for 5years on the 3-11pm shift. I will say this is a good shift if you are in school or need to make money fast. However because management hires students for this shift we are under staff on a regular bases. which means that patient care is affected. However the management does not care. the 7am-3pm shift is the one that Management see the most so that is the one they care about the most. So lots of job security but no work life balance.
Pros
job secruity
Cons
aways under staffed
intense patient care with need for highly skilled staff
Staff Nurse III (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 30, 2015
Teamwork essential but not always available. Large amount of politics with little input allowed from staff. Administration changed with becoming a part of a large network and staffing shortages increased.
Pros
free lunches when no one had time for lunch or breaks
Cons
poor teamwork
Phlebotomy Externship
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 29, 2015
The role of the lab phlebotomist is to go throughout the hospital collecting blood for tests for surgery and other in patients to hospital.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Constant demands for shorter turn-around time, even though drawing blood is often difficult in this setting.
Always busy, always challenging, always learning!
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Conway, NHSeptember 22, 2015
There was a lot of variety in my position. I worked with many great co-workers and we learned from each other. Each day presented different challenges and ways to grow and learn.
Pros
The people and the knowledge they posess and care they provide
Cons
The work load
Great group of people to work with.
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Springfield IlSeptember 21, 2015
I learned how to be a phlebotomist while I worked at Memorial, I also learned how to work in a fast paced environment. My co-workers where great to work with. The hardest part was seeing then patients having a bad day and the only thing I can do is just be there for them to talk to.
Enjoyable place to work
Receptionist, Switchboard Operator, & Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2015
I loved working at Memorial Hospital. I had the opportunity to learn more then just the position I was hired for and the management was excellent to work for. They was understanding to family life and the situations that might come up. It was actually the best place I have ever worked for. I loved everyone and it was like my family, just not a work environment.
Pros
Benifits was excellent
Cons
They really did not want to pay very much

Want to know more about Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
Good people, no charge for single benefits.
Pharmacy Technician Tech II (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 9, 2015
Pharmacy dept was horrible at scheduling, not enough people to run department efficiently.Way behind in technology. Manager of pharmacy didn't care about daily work flow. Coworkers were good people.
kept me busy
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 26, 2015
I like this place. Many opportunities here.This company kept me busy, No work is promised on a regular basis as PRn, but I stayed on thejob site!
Job was a challenge
medical billing/coding (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INAugust 26, 2015
My boss was the owners mother, so it was sometimes hard to deal with family issues. I loved what I did, billing and coding. I got this job when I was finished with billing and coding classes at my local college. Staff was very professional. If I had a need for PT, I would go there.
Hospital
Environmental Aide (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 20, 2015
Work day is your on your feet constantly. You learn to clean properly. Hardest part of the day could be working around patients. Working at the hospital you'll get to know a lot of people.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
On your feet all day
I enjoyed the oppurtunity to work there
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 19, 2015
I appreciate the lab for letting me be apart of there team. Sometimes it felt like i wasnt at work but you can learn alot there
No career advancement
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 14, 2015
I worked at an outpatient Hospital based urgent care for 4 years. My hiring manager was fantastic and really cared about her employees and more importantly was interested in making them better and really worked hard to help them meet career goals.
Unfortunately when the economy took a turn for the worse she was terminated late in 2009.
Management from 2009-2011 was quite possibly the worst I have encountered in my 20 year career.
I resigned/quit in late 2011 even though I really enjoyed the staff I worked with. The company was not interested in growing my career and absolutely refused to help me advance in any way.

It's quite possible that this has changed, 4 years may make a difference, I'll never find out, I'm not going back.
Pros
Great people and physicans to work with
Cons
Career advancement...forget about it!!
Great company to work for. Really care about patient care and the values of the hospital.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 13, 2015
Great place to work. Management is known to come out on the floor to assist with patient care as needed. Many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Great learning opportunities and many opportunites for advancement.
Cons
Short staffing at times
Dedicated to innovation of healthcare
Supervisor Jenny Pierce RN (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 9, 2015
I worked for 20 years as a M/S staff nurse. Advancement is difficult without a BSN. Bedside nurse is more likly to have job security. Management was trying to obtain Magnet status for the hospital but unsuccesful. Co-workers are what you make of them. We carried phones and the hardest part of the day is to get through without an interruption. The best part of the fob wa the care of patients.
Pros
Haveing lab, rad, social service at our finger tips.
Cons
Constant interurptions
fun, fun fun!
UNIT SECRETARY/MONITOR TECH (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 28, 2015
What I absolutely love about working here is the friendly staff, professionalism and the over abundance of overtime. I will remain with the company until they kick me out. I also enjoy the cross-training opportunities to advance in my career.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks
A good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 24, 2015
Working as a nurse for the past 12 yrs made me a at ease in my job and able to adapt to different changes in life.Being able to handle different kind of situations...I didn't have a hard time working here and i enjoyed most is the excellent team work.
Pros
Less Stress
Cons
Less opportunity to work overtime