Memorial Hospital

Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Day at work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Preparing surgical suite for operative procedures. Surgical tech prepares the surgical suite for surgery and maintains sterile field from being compromise. Assisting the Anesthesiologist and other Perioperative staff.
was a horrible experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: got to help patients feel better
Cons: management was horrible
this company was not very easy to work for. Management was unorganized and treated employees unfair. i worked in the staffing department and the managers i had did not know how to deal with situations or dilemmas that would arise.
Good Education Opportunities, Decent Pay.
Staff Nurse in Telemetry Unit (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good staffing, cafeteria @ night, and education opportunities.
Cons: didn't pay extra for special areas. very structured enviroment.
I worked night shift. Great staffing in relation to patient ratio to nurse. Good education opprotunities. Great reputation on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Does not pay any extra for working in specialized areas. Had an open cafeteria on night shift, always a plus. Enviorment very structured and regulated. If you like this, this is the place. If not, then look at other opportunities.
Best job I ever had.
CNA/Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Belleville, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: i gained very valuable job experience here.
Cons: staffing
I loved my nurse manager! She was a wonderful caring person. I worked with excellent nurses who were always willing to teach and or explain. Physicians were approachable. My hardest part was having to leave this job.
Exciting environment always with a new challenge
LPTA (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: small dept. so we were able to "form" our approaches to our pt's more easily
Cons: very busy some days and difficult to get to everyone on time.
I was in charge of the Out-Patient Clinic in our P.T. dept.and I really enjoyed that challenge. I also treated Pt's in house on the floors. There were only 3 of us in the Dept. and we got along great ! Hardest was dealing with Pt's who could not progress and most enjoyable was when the Pt's progressed enough to go home.
nice place to work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJanuary 29, 2015
love the patients, very nice and friendly, always made them laugh even when they are in pain. the patients loved me. love this job
Everyone seems like one big family
RN (Current Employee), York, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great teamwork from co-workers
Cons: long work hours
A close knit group of people from all departments makes the day more enjoyable.
Hospital
RN (Former Employee), Chattanooga,TNJanuary 27, 2015
Duties; Floor Nurse working 12 hour shifts, Assessing patients, carrying out doctor’s orders, managing infusion pumps, administering medications and monitoring outcome, assessing wounds and changing dressings, Calling physicians if any issues with patients arise, assisting with personal care as needed, providing CPR as needed, and many other tasks and duties of a floor nurse.
Good place to work, Learned a lot through the years
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Belleville, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: getting to meet patents and their families
Cons: usually didn't get your full break
Worked with other Secretaries daily,It was enjoyable everyone was great with working together, Mangers were overall helpful. Took orders from doctors, learned a lot about the medical field that could benefit me for future jobs. Hardest part was when we were short handed and things would fall behind.
Great choice of employment to provide healthcare.
RN Assistant Director of the Emergency Department (Current Employee), York, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Cohesive group of staff and management focussed on providing safe patient care to the community. Strong leadership from seasoned healthcare management team. Customer service focused environment to work in. Friendly and trustworthy coworker team.
Great place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Belleville, ILJanuary 12, 2015
It was a laid back hospital but it was very busy. I admitted all patients coming into the hospital and done all there paperwork. I printed off paperwork for House Supervisor and the Nurse Manager. The hardest part of the job was to have to go to all the CAT and code calls. I enjoyed working with all the staff in the hospital.
good
Surgical Tech (Former Employee), Seymour, INJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: excellent patient care
Cons: drive
excellent patient care, good coworkers and physician. clean environment.
it was a good company to work for
On Call Secretary (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great place to work for
Cons: it was a temporary job
working at charlesgate was a very quiet, i worked as a receptionist, and i enjoyed it, i got to meet different types of people, exspecially the elderly i enjoyed helping them, the co-workers and management of that facility was good with the patients. there was nothing hard about the job,i enjoyed working there it was a pleasant place to work.
report writing
Information Technology Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Belleville, ILJanuary 9, 2015
I typically write reports out of our Data Repository using SQL server 2008. I went to classes to learn this. I put out fires each day when users call the help desk and there are problems within the systems. Good analytical thinker.
HCA and Memorial were one in the same
Temporary PRN HIM Specialist (Former Employee), JacksonvilleJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: same
Cons: same
The opportunity to work for Memorial Medical was a temporary assignment to aid department transitioning from Memorial to HCA. Once the medical records were documented accordingly throughout the process, my assistance was no longer needed.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 6, 2015
No security at all. Once a new CEO comes in they lay a huge number of employees off call it reorganizing. What they really mean, employees once you hit top pay for the position currently hold, instead of advancement opporunities, they lay off or fire you. Then they rehire new staff for less pay.

I have also seen, in order for CEO and top executives to make bouses they fire employees and justify they no longer needed those positions, instead they overload other employees, (employees do not get raises for doing more) and tell them they are making changes to cover the jobs that stilll need to have covered.

Basiccally, your **** out of luck if you do not go with the flow take the additional responsibilities. They make your job difficult and tell you, you can find another job.

The problem is jobs are hard to come by, so most employees will do the added jobs, and hope they do not get laid off or worse "fired".

I would never apply at that Hospital again. No job support or security. When you ask for help, they said "we will see what we can do:. They never get back to you, they lack on patient care removing imporatnt staff with exxperieence.
Certified Instrument Technician (Former Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: wonderful co workers
Cons: leadership was horrible
Great place to work. I worked with very professional nurses and physicians!
I love working at the hospital...I have gained alot of Hospital Experience
Host (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 5, 2015
I contact patients to get there daily menu for all meals. Take patients trays to there rooms ..Pick up patients trays and record the I and Os''...Also I stock all departments Nourishment rooms and I also stock the Doctors Lounges as well. My Management staff is exceptional always there when you need them and my coworkers are wonderful a lot of teamwork going on!! My hardest part of my job is when patients that you get to know pass away
Laboratory Testing, Supervision, Management, Customer Service
Med Tech Supervisor Manager (Former Employee), 1400 E Boulder, Colorado Springs, Co 80909December 25, 2014
Pros: exelent benefits and good job conditions
Cons: extended hours, weekends and holidays
I initially was a Medical Technologist performing laboratory testing. I was soon promoted to Night Shift Supervisor and did testing and supervision of personnel. Within approximately a year I was again promoted to Central Receiving Supervisor and then Manager. I did development and implementation of new policies and procedures, a great deal of conflict resolution and multitasking. My favorite part of the job was the Human Resources duties which included interviewing, recruiting, training, evaluations, and scheduling. I had a great deal of Customer Service with physicians, nurses, and patients. I was also responsible for a balanced budget.
Intern at Memorial Hospital
medical assistant intern (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 23, 2014
great experience, learned a lot of useful skill that I will apply in my future employment. .

Memorial Hospital Salaries