Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Good job
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 9, 2017
Excellent place to work, great benefits. The job atmosphere is very gentle, the supervision are awesome and very cooperative with the staff. I recommend this employer to any one who really want to be successful.
Pros
Good PTO
Loved Memorial L & D
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 9, 2017
Great nursing staff with amazing skill sets. I found the physcians to be some of the best I had worked with for skill and compassion. I loved the challenge and fast pace of the Labor and delivery unit.
Really miss everyone.
Pros
our patient and UCH mission
Cons
vacation time off
Culture was great when I joined, but hostile for all when I left
Biomedical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 9, 2017
I joined Memorial in 1997 when it was a small city owned hospital. Management was very employee satisfaction driven. Health benefits were free. Things changed over the years, and finally Colorado Springs decided to lease the hospital to a larger organization, UC Health. Changes were made and people that had been there a long time were retired or fired. I was fired.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Especially stressful and hostile invironment.
Poorly Managed with a lot of potential
Tennessee - Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 6, 2017
CHI Memorial Hospital's Sterile Processing Department has a lot of potential to be excellent, especially considering it's size and all of the efficient STERIS equipment. What has held it back has been the consistent understaffed state it remains in, as well as highly poor management. This creates an environment that makes it very difficult to work in, so many people leave.
typical RN
Per-Diem Critical Care RN and Per-Diem ED RN (Current Employee) –  North Conway, NHNovember 2, 2017
Typical RN position that requires extremely knowledgeable staff due to the small nature of this critical access hospital. It is a great company to work for and I love my coworkers and patients I serve. I dont have any concerns with regard to hours worked. Schedules are fair and staff are kind and helpful.
Enjoyed the job, but not the pay
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 1, 2017
I loved working at Memorial. The people that I worked with on an everyday basis were amazing and easy to work with. The most enjoyable part was helping and comforting patients.
Pros
Employees are easy to work with
Cons
Not enough pay
productive and entertaining
Cook (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 31, 2017
fast paced
friendly people
great opportunities
learning different things made the job better
Peope there were always friendly and kind enough to help with everything.
Pros
good money
Cons
Very productive, enjoyed being there.
Volenteer Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 30, 2017
Memorial Hospital was very well organized. Patient care was the main focus, spiritual assessments were important. One could get a better understanding of the patients.
Pros
Well organized, patient care was the most important and spiritually care
Cons
Wish I had been able to be paid.
Hostile work environment
Director of Cardiac Services (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32216October 26, 2017
This is a very busy cardiac cath lab with 14 private practice groups and 40+cardiologists. The majority of the physicians are wonderful but administration allowed the cut-throat physicians to bully the staff and other physicians. The most enjoyable part of my job was building a staff from the ground up. Many of my physicians said that it was the best they had seen in 14 years. The hardest part was to not be able to protect the staff in this environment.
Pros
Staff is incredible in a very difficult environment. Most of the physicians are talented and nice.
Cons
Not being able to protect my staff from abuse.
Nothing to say
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 24, 2017
Nothing to say about working at Memorial other than it is a great place to work. It is high paced. Benefits are good. Time off is good. Child care is an added bonus.
Pros
Good place
Cons
no cons
very slow hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIOctober 18, 2017
not enough patients, very slow hospital. A normal work day included being short staffed and having the cafe closed. poor management, but the nurses were very pleasant.
Great place to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Logansport, IN 46947October 16, 2017
I had previously worked at Memorial Hospital as an employee, but left that position to spend more time on my home business. Later, I started volunteering at Memorial because I really missed the interaction with the employees and patients.
Over Worked under paid
Clinical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 10, 2017
Compiling and distributing orders for collection of specimens; Collection of specimens upon return to lab and distribution to appropriate department; Communication responsibility for clinical laboratory with other departments and personnel; Interaction with varying departments and staff as well as patients; Collection of specimens as ordered by physicians in an organized, timely and approved manner; Provide patients with support and comfort through communication and interaction; Responsible for training new employees in their assigned tasks.
Good place to start...
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 10, 2017
Memorial is a great place to start your career. My department is lacking in career advancement opportunities, but other departments seem to have much more to offer for those looking to further their careers.
Great Company with Benefits
RNStaff Nurse and Preceptor (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 7, 2017
I have worked at Memorial Hospital for 10 years and took 10 years off to care for family and returned to Memorial for 9 yrs. currently. I work in the emergency department which is fast paced and can be stressful. I am at the end of a Masters in Nursing Education and there is not a role for me at this time at Memorial.
Pros
Great Hospital
Cons
Income not compatible
Poor nurse to patent ratio
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 6, 2017
This was my first nursing job. I was just surviving along with my patients each day. There was good team work and support from co-workers. I hear they have improved.
Decent job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MS 39503October 5, 2017
Fast paced and sometimes stressful which is expected. Pay is decent but feel we should be paid more for what we do but that's probably nationwide. Management is good
Good patient care
Registered Nurse in Outpatient Surgery (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 4, 2017
Introduce self to patient & family. Pre and post op education Check patients vital signs, allergies,labs, etc., Start IV as needed. Give pre-op meds as ordered. Obtain required paperwork. Resolve any problems or issues that arise.
Assess patient post op and monitor vital signs. Start to give patients fluids,etc..Post op teaching. Assess their readiness to be discharged,
Pros
some coworkers
Cons
losing hours
Great benefits
Clinical Support - Escort (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 2, 2017
Great insurance, low copays.
Friendly atmosphere
Wonderful staff.
Discounts on food.
Departments work together.
Overall great place to work good chance of career advancement
Memorial Hospital
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 2, 2017
The moment I started working for Memorial Hospital. I knew I could grown and find the dream job that would feel best for me. I was a harder worker the boss gave me a outstanding job awarded. The paid wasn't the best but I grew with the company.
Pros
you would have to pay for meals
Cons
you only had one break and that was lunch