Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Loved It!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 22, 2016
I loved working on 2 south @ memorial. Great atmosphere. My boss was awesome. The only con was that we were always understaffed. so a lot of us were pulling extra shifts,
Very negative experience
Histotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INAugust 19, 2016
This was a very negative experience for me. Poor medical care and management. I do not want to work for someplace/someone that I would not trust their quality of care. Very bad and costly experience for me.
Productive Work Place
Business Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 16, 2016
Great and versatile employer to work for. I enjoy the many opportunities for advancement. The benefits offered are wonderful and fair.
intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  JAX, FLAugust 10, 2016
Interned in the summer here for school requirement. Shadowed employees and went to meetings. Sent faxes and operated the computer to send email and research.
Productive and laid back
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 30, 2016
Really loved this job patients were always nice and coworkers and managers made the job enjoyable. I learned alot of new techniques.
StarN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cva floorJuly 29, 2016
Dont do it. You will be roped into a 2yr contract or buying out of it. Its not your typical residency. They basically make you sit in a classroom for 7 wks doing paperwork and skills testing that you literally just did in nursing school, then put you on the floor with multiple preceptors so it is very difficult to learn things. Half the preceptors are only doing it for the extra cash and arent interested in teaching you the ropes. The pay is lower than what they had told us when we signed the contract and management is not very helpful either. Everyone is leaving to go to other facilities because of how bad it is at this place. They dont have the equipment needed on the floors, thw doctors are very rude and unprofessional also. Ive seen several not even go into the patients room and they write a note like they have seen them. The doctors only care about writing a million scripts because thats how they get paid. They also will try to make all the new rns work all holidays because as i was told i was the "low man on the totem pole". Very classy. They give you phones so that the patients can call yiu directly as well as the other rns, secretary, drs and anyone else. You get no lunch break,because it is spent with your phone going off the whole time, but are expected to clock out for 30 mins regardless. Do yourself and your career a favor and hold out for the better facilities!
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Poor management, understaffed, low pay, no lunch, dirty and outdated facility
Same Day Surgery
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working in a consistent job with hours of 40+ a week Monday through Friday, The coworkers were friendly and the clients were often scared or concerned about their loved ones and or themselves.
not too bad
IT PC Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHJuly 21, 2016
Co workers were great and friendly. Hardest part was dealing with being micromanaged. I don't really want to say too much but I would not advise working there as the turn over rate is extremely high.
Pros
Money
Cons
micromanaged, overpriced healthcare, unreasonable expectations
Great hospital
Staff sonographer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2016
I enjoyed working there. State of the art equipment with lots of exam verity and pathology, The cardiologist are wonderful and so is the department. Good teamwork and staff.
Pros
equipment, staff
Fast paced work environment
Emergency Room Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 17, 2016
Working in the emergency room offered a fast paced work experience along with patient interaction. Very close knit group of people who enjoyed working and socializing after work together.
We live the principles of Relationship Based Care...
M.R.I. Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 12, 2016
Our commitment is to the patient, their family and the physician. Working with exceptional staff makes the job of caring for patients so much easier.
Productive and fun working in good environment.Assisting in prepartion of the instruments and make sure sterilize and meets the proper time in running
Prep and Sterile Tech/ CSD Tech / Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 12, 2016
Productive and fun working in good condtion .Assisting in cleaning and preparation of the instruments to be use the next day to schedule patients.
Pros
salary deduction meal
Cons
one hour break
Fast Paced
Interventional Radiology Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2016
Very Fast paced
did not have an orientation at all
management very nurse oriented
management at the time I was there was not well staffed
I did office work
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJuly 10, 2016
I enjoyed doing office work (clinical case management and risk management) until they moved the building. I was not about to take a $4 bus ride to be entitled to a lunch which was worth less than $4. I did enjoy my bosses, though (I invited them to my wedding)
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
They relocated
Dont work in / for lab.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 8, 2016
The entire hospital refers to the lab as the worst department in the hospital. The lab management is atrocious. Don't expect to get ahold of the lab manager from 5pm Friday - 9am Monday morning, she won't pick up. Most of the lab staff is great to work with. However never feeling appreciated of the job you did takes a toll on you. Steer clear of this as a place of work. The only good thing that came from this job are the friends I made and the experience I gianed.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything!
Nice environment
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 24, 2016
As a pharmacy technician at BMH with a 418 general acute care beds and nearly 50 intensive care beds I worked the night shift to assist in providing services around the clock to all patients.
Exciting and fun work environment!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32216June 22, 2016
Everyone was great, the environment helped me to feel at ease because I was around such considerate people. The people really made me feel great and I enjoyed helping them also.
Goal Oreiented, fast paced environment
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2016
I have worked for Memorial in the ER for the last 2 and 1/2 years.
I have enjoyed being part of the memorial team. The opportunities for learning and enhancing skills is extraordinary. The nurses have impeccable skills and the doctors exemplify patience with staff and patients. The hardest part of the job was to deliver to the family that a loved one has passed away. I have enjoyed working at Memorial and I have acquired my RN license and looking to advance my career.
Pros
family friendly, educational freindly
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 20, 2016
I work 3 days a week, 12 hour shifts. This is a very awarding job, but I am needing something that offers more for me. I interact with patients on a daily basis and help them with any needs they need met. My co-workers and management are all amazing.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 15, 2016
Very positive place each floor was very different. Love serving the patients making sure they have everything they need. Fix food trays and take order.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval