Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Loved working there.
Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 22, 2017
Truly enjoyed working with the staff. They were willing to teach and help. They also worked with my schedule. It was conviently located and also had the opportunity to go back to school and the company would help pay tuition as long the degree was related. The company allows you to grow within it's facilities.
Memorial Hospital
Diagnostic Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 21, 2017
Having everything you need f or the day. I learned that you have to patients and take your time. The management there was always willing to help ad lend a hand. The workplace culture was great, everyone got along great. The hardest part was not being able to find the things that you needed at the time that your needed it. The most enjoyable part was knowing that you have helped someone.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not being able to find the things you need to correctly do your job
X ray
x ray (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 20, 2017
Management at this facility was horrible. Most people leave or fear losing their jobs on a daily basis. The saving grace are the physicians who are still there.
staffing was great to work with,fun
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHNovember 20, 2017
The staff was great and helpful to a new graduate. The night shift was not easy to adjust to but the staff worked together well. It was a short drive for me and a clean setting.
Pros
Nice gift shop
Cons
Short handed with staff
Compensation Assitant
Compensation Assistant/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 20, 2017
Loved my time at memorial Hospital, left to raise children. Worked in the human resources department handling a variety of benefit related aspects and data entry for the entire hospital.
Pros
Health Insurance was great
Cons
No cons, loved it
Caring
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2017
I love working in the ER its a very family based environment and everyone has the same goal to help each patient that comes in. Everyone is so caring and they will take time out to help you learn about patient care.
Pros
Learn alot
Cons
30 Minute breaks after working 12 hours
Fast paced and overwhelming due to staff ratio's
RN Cardiac Unit (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 16, 2017
I would begin my 12 hour day with things usually being fairly calm, but after discharges, I would end my day with Cath lab and ED bringing Pt.'s to floor all at the same time causing chaos that I didn't feel was safe. I learned Nursing in a fast paced setting honed critical thinking and assessment skills. The most difficult part of my job was not having enough help from the CNA's. The most enjoyable part was seeing Pt. conditions improve after caring for them. I didn't feel that the Management team cared one bit about the flow of the unit. They never stepped up and assisted when things got tough.
Benefits
Cons
No lunch, No help from CNA's or Management
productive, relaxed and fun
LABORTORY ADMINSTRATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 14, 2017
Would love to be there again the environment is awesome the knowledge that floats around is amazing loved every minute of it. All clients that come to Memorial will get the best care that can be received
Pros
great place to work
Best Place to Work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 13, 2017
Friendly environment to work, customer service is our priority, memorial hospital listen to our patients concern. Dedicated employees and community hospital.
poor management, no benefits, no pto and sick days
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 13, 2017
keep everyone PRN so they dont have to pay benefits, pay low and poor management. They mislead you from the beginning. After you start to work, you find out the truth. you are just an employee # to them and thats all
Pros
there were no pros
Cons
no cons
Fun and productive place to work
Sitter (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 10, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. The staff is extremely extremely friendly. The Nurses are willing to show you the ropes until you get the concept pf the job.
It's okay.
Radiology Transporter (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 10, 2017
I've worked there five years and haven't had a pay raise in almost two. I pick up a lot of the slack other transporters don't do. The management is ok, they do seem to care about their employees.
Pros
It's a good job to have if you're in school
Cons
I just dont make enough money and they keep going up on our benefits.
Simple
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 10, 2017
This job was honestly my first time in a hospital environment but I learned a lot from here on what I exactly wanted to do with the rest of my life the people are so caring and just lovely. The best part ofthe job was meeting new people and helping them with whatever they might need.
Good job
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 9, 2017
Excellent place to work, great benefits. The job atmosphere is very gentle, the supervision are awesome and very cooperative with the staff. I recommend this employer to any one who really want to be successful.
Pros
Good PTO
Loved Memorial L & D
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 9, 2017
Great nursing staff with amazing skill sets. I found the physcians to be some of the best I had worked with for skill and compassion. I loved the challenge and fast pace of the Labor and delivery unit.
Really miss everyone.
Pros
our patient and UCH mission
Cons
vacation time off
Culture was great when I joined, but hostile for all when I left
Biomedical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 9, 2017
I joined Memorial in 1997 when it was a small city owned hospital. Management was very employee satisfaction driven. Health benefits were free. Things changed over the years, and finally Colorado Springs decided to lease the hospital to a larger organization, UC Health. Changes were made and people that had been there a long time were retired or fired. I was fired.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Especially stressful and hostile invironment.
Poorly Managed with a lot of potential
Tennessee - Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 6, 2017
CHI Memorial Hospital's Sterile Processing Department has a lot of potential to be excellent, especially considering it's size and all of the efficient STERIS equipment. What has held it back has been the consistent understaffed state it remains in, as well as highly poor management. This creates an environment that makes it very difficult to work in, so many people leave.
typical RN
Per-Diem Critical Care RN and Per-Diem ED RN (Current Employee) –  North Conway, NHNovember 2, 2017
Typical RN position that requires extremely knowledgeable staff due to the small nature of this critical access hospital. It is a great company to work for and I love my coworkers and patients I serve. I dont have any concerns with regard to hours worked. Schedules are fair and staff are kind and helpful.
Enjoyed the job, but not the pay
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 1, 2017
I loved working at Memorial. The people that I worked with on an everyday basis were amazing and easy to work with. The most enjoyable part was helping and comforting patients.
Pros
Employees are easy to work with
Cons
Not enough pay
productive and entertaining
Cook (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 31, 2017
fast paced
friendly people
great opportunities
learning different things made the job better
Peope there were always friendly and kind enough to help with everything.
Pros
good money