Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

meet new people everyday
Floor Technician (Current Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
I love working in the hospital environment but the management can be improved or replaced by better caring people I love the fact that everyday you meet a new person
Great place to work!
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor & Coder (Current Employee), North Conway, NHMarch 10, 2015
Pros: reduced lunch prices (good food), great pto, very nice, small hospital.
Cons: salary isn't fantastic; insurance is cumbersome to deal with.
The department that I work in is great to work in. (health information services) I have an awesome supervisor who is compassionate, gives great feedback, willing to work with any issues that arise & knows how to get things done - she's amazing! My coworkers are wonderful! There's no holding back information if you have questions. Everyone helps one another. They're just GREAT PEOPLE and it truly is teamwork at it's best.

A typical day for me is editing documents for 4 hours and then moving to coding radiology & outpatient labs. I sit at a desk in front of a computer every day. If I have questions about anything, there is always someone to go to for answers and you're encouraged to ask for help in understanding. There are 2 breaks of 15 minutes but they're not strict about it. Lunch is half hour long & you punch out/in. Overtime is not in abundance in my department, but in others there is. The hardest part for me is sitting for 8 hours. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with.

I've learned a great deal here and still learn something new every day! They paid for part of my education in coding & offer classes to benefit nurses & others for continuing education. Depending on the department you work in the management is either fantastic, or needs a great deal of improvement; however, overall management is pretty good.

It's a small hospital, only 22 beds and is a bit politic, but what business isn't? It's difficult to create change for the employees, but the administrative offices do what they can. (sometimes not enough, especially with salary increases). We had fabulous – more... benefits until we allied with MaineHealth, but I guess it's a bit of give and take. Still, your first year working you can earn up to 21 days off (at least that's what it was when I started), and that PTO rolls over into the next year!!! You can build your time off up to 200 hours in the first 5 years. They offer life insurance (equal to a year's pay) without cost. The new insurance isn't as good as it was when I started, but it is what it is. There is at STRICT no smoking policy - you'll pay double the amount for your insurance if you smoke, so quit 3 weeks before getting hired if you do smoke; they WILL test you, & test every year around June.

We are now a part of MaineHealth, and I find that maneuvering through the insurance carrier Anthem is a bit difficult and more complicated than it should be and the cost is much more than it was when I was first hired, but MaineHealth is the top provider in New England. You have to go to Boston for better; & who knows if it's better???

All in all, it's a great little hospital with good people and we care for our patient's & coworkers. Great family practice doctors, great surgeons (general, orthopedics, ophthalmic), 2 great hospitalists, ED physicians, nurses, PA's, NP's, MA's, and all the people who are a part of making the hospital run, from the top head honchos to the housekeepers (who work their tails off & do a great job) to the maintenance people and of course, medical records. They care about the happiness of their patient's as well as their employees.

If you like the mountains, a small town with lots of snow and skiing (5 mountains to choose from within 30 minutes), hiking, no sales tax (but big property tax), and friendly people this area is the place to be. – less
Worked in a remote position.
Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 6, 2015
Memorial Hospital was the best job i have ever had until they decided to throw us to the cheaper corporate America and we became a number instead of a person.
Work experience
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 6, 2015
I have had a good experience at this job I have worked at this hospital for over 33 years. Ready for new challenge at some where different.
Very fast workplace and I loved every bit of it.
ER Registar (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 5, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: short breaks
Everyday was busy and non-stop. I learned so much about healthcare and insurance. I loved all my co-workers as if they was family. The best part of the job was the patients, even though they was sick all of them was so sweet and I learned so much about every single one of them.
Worked exstensively with all hospital staff
Program Manager (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great hospital to work for
Cons: takes extra time for approvals; project related
Worked with a large team from Cerner who was the integrator for the PeopleSoft platform and worked as the liaison between HR and Cerner staff. Met with Cerner teams on a weekly basis and provided updates from the project perspective from both sides of the teams.
Smaller community acute care hospital
Staff RN (Former Employee), CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great people & community!
Cons: staffing issues...frequent shortages...lean ancillary support
SNMH is a family. The nursing and other staff are good, caring people! Typical days are fast paced and the surgery schedule can change at the drop of a hat! We were a really great team and worked well together. Our Manager in Surgery was relatively new but getting off to a good start and is well liked. Upper level management relations with staff are generally strained and can even feel, unfortunately, adversarial at times. The hardest part of the job is doing more with less help while trying to meet productivity expectations. The best part of the job is the people I worked with. We had open and collborative interactions....and we always laughed and had fun...our patients too!
Good place to work at friendly work environment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Yakima, WAFebruary 26, 2015
Good place nice people I only left due to the lack of hours I was receiving, This did not currently fit my financial needs.
Day at work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Preparing surgical suite for operative procedures. Surgical tech prepares the surgical suite for surgery and maintains sterile field from being compromise. Assisting the Anesthesiologist and other Perioperative staff.
was a horrible experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: got to help patients feel better
Cons: management was horrible
this company was not very easy to work for. Management was unorganized and treated employees unfair. i worked in the staffing department and the managers i had did not know how to deal with situations or dilemmas that would arise.
Good Education Opportunities, Decent Pay.
Staff Nurse in Telemetry Unit (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good staffing, cafeteria @ night, and education opportunities.
Cons: didn't pay extra for special areas. very structured enviroment.
I worked night shift. Great staffing in relation to patient ratio to nurse. Good education opprotunities. Great reputation on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Does not pay any extra for working in specialized areas. Had an open cafeteria on night shift, always a plus. Enviorment very structured and regulated. If you like this, this is the place. If not, then look at other opportunities.
Best job I ever had.
CNA/Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Belleville, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: i gained very valuable job experience here.
Cons: staffing
I loved my nurse manager! She was a wonderful caring person. I worked with excellent nurses who were always willing to teach and or explain. Physicians were approachable. My hardest part was having to leave this job.
Exciting environment always with a new challenge
LPTA (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: small dept. so we were able to "form" our approaches to our pt's more easily
Cons: very busy some days and difficult to get to everyone on time.
I was in charge of the Out-Patient Clinic in our P.T. dept.and I really enjoyed that challenge. I also treated Pt's in house on the floors. There were only 3 of us in the Dept. and we got along great ! Hardest was dealing with Pt's who could not progress and most enjoyable was when the Pt's progressed enough to go home.
nice place to work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJanuary 29, 2015
love the patients, very nice and friendly, always made them laugh even when they are in pain. the patients loved me. love this job
Everyone seems like one big family
RN (Current Employee), York, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great teamwork from co-workers
Cons: long work hours
A close knit group of people from all departments makes the day more enjoyable.
Hospital
RN (Former Employee), Chattanooga,TNJanuary 27, 2015
Duties; Floor Nurse working 12 hour shifts, Assessing patients, carrying out doctor’s orders, managing infusion pumps, administering medications and monitoring outcome, assessing wounds and changing dressings, Calling physicians if any issues with patients arise, assisting with personal care as needed, providing CPR as needed, and many other tasks and duties of a floor nurse.
Good place to work, Learned a lot through the years
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Belleville, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: getting to meet patents and their families
Cons: usually didn't get your full break
Worked with other Secretaries daily,It was enjoyable everyone was great with working together, Mangers were overall helpful. Took orders from doctors, learned a lot about the medical field that could benefit me for future jobs. Hardest part was when we were short handed and things would fall behind.
Great choice of employment to provide healthcare.
RN Assistant Director of the Emergency Department (Current Employee), York, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Cohesive group of staff and management focussed on providing safe patient care to the community. Strong leadership from seasoned healthcare management team. Customer service focused environment to work in. Friendly and trustworthy coworker team.
Great place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Belleville, ILJanuary 12, 2015
It was a laid back hospital but it was very busy. I admitted all patients coming into the hospital and done all there paperwork. I printed off paperwork for House Supervisor and the Nurse Manager. The hardest part of the job was to have to go to all the CAT and code calls. I enjoyed working with all the staff in the hospital.
good
Surgical Tech (Former Employee), Seymour, INJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: excellent patient care
Cons: drive
excellent patient care, good coworkers and physician. clean environment.