Memorial Hospital

Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Very civilized place to work.
RN (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: wonderful place to work.
Cons: hectic.
Every shift was hectic but I learn so much in the 2 years I was there. The hardest part was being able to conclude and document every thing at the end of the shift in a timely manner. The best part for me was when a very sick patient recovers, and is going home. I love those hugs.
Fast pace, busy enviroment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: get to see a lot of people
Cons: people are really sick
My typical day at work is very busy. I am dealing with patients that need help and I collect all of there personal information to input them in the system. My coworkers are busy and we all are trying to get assist everyone in a timely manner.
Challenging, fast paced work environment
Patient account analyst (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 4, 2014
Responsible for billing Medicare accounts for the University of Colorado Health hospital system.
A very postitive enviroment promoting growth
Patient Access Registrar Team Lead (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 4, 2014
I came in as a college student and was giving mangement responsiblities to the point where supervisors and other department heads will call me for advise and instructions on a daily basis. I enjoy taking care of patients and working with them and making them feel like they matter and even though I have to sometimes as for payments I make them feel as – more... though it was an investment worth making. – less
Very fast paced trauma emergency room great professional staff enjoyed going to work every day
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CoFebruary 3, 2014
I would clock in review daily job assignment. I would report to my unit to relieve whom ever was working there before me. I would receive pass down notify my supervisor I was now on the floor and begin to registering patients. Everyday I learned something new we were the busiest Trauma ER in the city and I've seen pretty much anything you could think – more... of . My coworkers were great we had a good staff. Strong communications from every department ie doctors, nurses, tech, AMR( ambulances) just to name a few. The hardest part of my job was leaving to move to Georgia. The most enjoyable part was seeing something different everyday. – less
RN - Med/Surg (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
Direct – more... or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervise a particular unit.
Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and
develop health improvement programs.
Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments. – less
Productive, Stressful,
SURGERY SCHEDULING COORDINATOR (Former Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: met a lot of wonderful people, patients, doctors
Cons: health care, paying for parking as an employee
Working at Memorial hospital was very stressful, learned to watch my back from co-workers and management to do the wrong thing and play the blame game.

I loved my job scheduling with multiple offices and learning new things everyday....

The hardest part of my job was the way I was treated by management. Knowing I was doing a good job for Memorial – more... but treated like nothing!

The most enjoyable part of my job was making the offices and doctors happy by being able to schedule their surgeries when they needed to get it done. – less
Great benefits
Nuclear Medicine Technician (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
Great working environment and room to advance . Supervisor took its time to teach all new hire and made every work feel appreciate.
I enjoy the variety of care provided to my patient population.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2014
I work with a strong team of nurses who support and assist each other during times of stressful situations.
Labor and Delivery requires a lot of autonomy, critical thinking and strong knowledge of the laboring patient.
Effective communication is also essential to ensure that proper information is given to appropriate members of the healthcare team.
Great place to learn and gro
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsJanuary 19, 2014
I have enjoyed working at Memorial in the last year. I have learned a lot and have many great professional mentors and leaders.
Memorial Hospital
several (Former Employee), Manchester, KYJanuary 18, 2014
This is a wonderful place to work!!! Great employees, great supervision
Great Company
Pharmacy Technician - Externship (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines BlvdJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: location. friendly environment
Great Learning Environment. I received my IV Training with Memorial Hospital.
Very professional environment, highly responsible staff
University of Colorado Health Systems Intern (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: i had the ability to watch live surgical procedures
My typical day at my intership included a great amount of interaction with those who worked in the medical field, their patients and family members. I learned how to accurately communicate with those in need of spiritual, mental and emotional health. The management I was under was very diligent, respectable and responsible. Being under the palliative – more... care program, the most difficult part of the job was observing ill patients live through the last days of their lives. The most enjoyable part of the job was spending time with health care professionals while they taught me different ways to solve health problems. – less
Overall a pleasant enviorment
Radiology secretary, transcriptionist (Former Employee), Belleville, ILJanuary 10, 2014
Position outsourced, comparable salary could not be matched.
Productive and rewarding place to work.
PRN Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Carbondale, ILJanuary 3, 2014
Memorial Hospital of Carbondale has a great reputation for the care they provide. I am proud to be a part of their Imaging Team. A typical day you are assigned to particular duties and those duties are your responsibility for the day. The managers are easy to get along with and the co-workers are helpful.
Busy OR with a variety of procedures to hone your skills
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2014
A typical day begins with a quick huddle to ensure any special needs
are noted and met. The days are busy and the team and management all help to facilitate the early cases to ensure we run on time.
Taking care of sick people
LVN (Current Employee), Seminole, TXJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: it's like a family here.
Cons: sometimes the doctors are mean
Memorial hospital is a great place to work. Joan Adams the DON is awesome. The CEO needs more training though. The doctors are good and really care even though they can be jerks they take care of you. I love working at Seminole.
USUAL DAY
Pre-certification/Verification Liaison (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 30, 2013
Pros: nice work enviroment
Cons: healthcare
Consist of verifying insurance and obtaining a precert when necessary, by coding procedures and providing clinicals to get procedure approved.
Excellent management culture making for an enjoyable work day
Director Materials Management & Purchasing (Current Employee), North Conway, NHDecember 28, 2013
Pros: management very employee aware
Cons: long commute
Assisting the hospital to remain financially viable by utilizing my skills to obtain the best possible price for products needed. Co-workers have been welcoming and also seem to be working for the common goal of successful patient outcomes.
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 28, 2013
Very nice place to work. Management cares about the employees.