Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 1, 2016
Checking patients vitals and getting them ready for breakfast. Then after breakfast I would help them bathe and get ready for physical therapy. After therapy therapies I get them ready for lunch, then take more vitals and check blood sugars. If there is dressings to be changed then I would do that. Then I would get them settled to rest up take a nap or just watch television before dinner. The hardest part of my job is to see a patient die. The most enjoyable part of my job is caring for my patients.
Pros
my compassion for what I do
Cons
short breaks, no discount on lunch
Same Day Surgery
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working in a consistent job with hours of 40+ a week Monday through Friday, The coworkers were friendly and the clients were often scared or concerned about their loved ones and or themselves.
learning to balance your day
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 27, 2016
If you can make a difference in just one persons life ; helping them you have done well. If appropriate I use humor . Just to get them to smile. I feel I am a team player and try to be flexible with schedules and help anyway I can. The hardest part of my job is to have enough time with each patient. When you are busy that can be hard and not to make each patient feel important.
Pros
feeling you have inside for helping someone understand their regimine
Cons
hard to get time to eat.
Fast paced work environment
Emergency Room Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 17, 2016
Working in the emergency room offered a fast paced work experience along with patient interaction. Very close knit group of people who enjoyed working and socializing after work together.
Overall, loved my job; able to develop programs and autonomy in therapy but Dignity Health management priorities emphasized good marketing not patient
SPEECH PATHOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Sierra NevadaApril 27, 2016
In the 18 years I worked there, the rehab portion of patient care was minimally supported in favor of medical management, despite the superb qualifications of most of the therapists. However, we were able to design and create patient programs as long as they didn't require a large monetary investment. The hospital was above average for a small town facility and having the association with Dignity Health did allow for up-to-date medical equipment etc..
Pros
autonomy, allowed to develop skills and programs
Cons
too much money spent on marketing, branding and lack of support for rehab team in general
Loved It!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 22, 2016
I loved working on 2 south @ memorial. Great atmosphere. My boss was awesome. The only con was that we were always understaffed. so a lot of us were pulling extra shifts,
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 20, 2016
I work 3 days a week, 12 hour shifts. This is a very awarding job, but I am needing something that offers more for me. I interact with patients on a daily basis and help them with any needs they need met. My co-workers and management are all amazing.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 26, 2016
The staff and nice and friendly, always smiling and saying hello. They always make sure that you feel welcome and comfortable.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive Work Place
Business Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 16, 2016
Great and versatile employer to work for. I enjoy the many opportunities for advancement. The benefits offered are wonderful and fair.
Great hospital
Staff sonographer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 17, 2016
I enjoyed working there. State of the art equipment with lots of exam verity and pathology, The cardiologist are wonderful and so is the department. Good teamwork and staff.
Pros
equipment, staff
intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  JAX, FLAugust 10, 2016
Interned in the summer here for school requirement. Shadowed employees and went to meetings. Sent faxes and operated the computer to send email and research.
We live the principles of Relationship Based Care...
M.R.I. Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 12, 2016
Our commitment is to the patient, their family and the physician. Working with exceptional staff makes the job of caring for patients so much easier.
Productive and laid back
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 30, 2016
Really loved this job patients were always nice and coworkers and managers made the job enjoyable. I learned alot of new techniques.
Nice environment
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 24, 2016
As a pharmacy technician at BMH with a 418 general acute care beds and nearly 50 intensive care beds I worked the night shift to assist in providing services around the clock to all patients.
Exciting and fun work environment!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32216June 22, 2016
Everyone was great, the environment helped me to feel at ease because I was around such considerate people. The people really made me feel great and I enjoyed helping them also.
Fast Paced
Interventional Radiology Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2016
Very Fast paced
did not have an orientation at all
management very nurse oriented
management at the time I was there was not well staffed
excellent work place
Staff RN and Rotating Charge (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 21, 2016
Unfortunately, this hospital no longer exists but it was a warm, intelligent working environment. Excellent patient care was the priority.
Pros
Excellent patient care and continuing education
Cons
No longer extant
fast paced, can be stressful, needs more employees.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 24, 2016
A typical day is very fast paced and at times can be very stressful. the department I worked in was always short staffed and there was to much focus on production and not enough focus on patient care. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping sick patients get better, giving comfort to the patients, and their families.
Pros
flexable with continued education
Cons
always short handed
Knowing that I have helped someones day be better.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 19, 2016
Taking care of patients in a hospital sitting monitoring their vital signs,feeding patients that couldn't feed themselves,bathing,transferring from bed to chair,dressing and most any other daily living activities that the patient needed help with. To be CPR certified and updated at all times.

The most enjoyable part of the work I have done is to know that I have helped someone in need of care! Giving happiness and joy to people that need help is my passion and goal in life.
Pros
Working beside the Nurses and Doctors I learned a lot about health care!
Cons
I have no cons to list for Memorial hospital.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 15, 2016
Very positive place each floor was very different. Love serving the patients making sure they have everything they need. Fix food trays and take order.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.