Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

it was a good company to work for
On Call Secretary (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great place to work for
Cons: it was a temporary job
working at charlesgate was a very quiet, i worked as a receptionist, and i enjoyed it, i got to meet different types of people, exspecially the elderly i enjoyed helping them, the co-workers and management of that facility was good with the patients. there was nothing hard about the job,i enjoyed working there it was a pleasant place to work.
report writing
Information Technology Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Belleville, ILJanuary 9, 2015
I typically write reports out of our Data Repository using SQL server 2008. I went to classes to learn this. I put out fires each day when users call the help desk and there are problems within the systems. Good analytical thinker.
HCA and Memorial were one in the same
Temporary PRN HIM Specialist (Former Employee), JacksonvilleJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: same
Cons: same
The opportunity to work for Memorial Medical was a temporary assignment to aid department transitioning from Memorial to HCA. Once the medical records were documented accordingly throughout the process, my assistance was no longer needed.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 6, 2015
No security at all. Once a new CEO comes in they lay a huge number of employees off call it reorganizing. What they really mean, employees once you hit top pay for the position currently hold, instead of advancement opporunities, they lay off or fire you. Then they rehire new staff for less pay.

I have also seen, in order for CEO and top executives to make bouses they fire employees and justify they no longer needed those positions, instead they overload other employees, (employees do not get raises for doing more) and tell them they are making changes to cover the jobs that stilll need to have covered.

Basiccally, your **** out of luck if you do not go with the flow take the additional responsibilities. They make your job difficult and tell you, you can find another job.

The problem is jobs are hard to come by, so most employees will do the added jobs, and hope they do not get laid off or worse "fired".

I would never apply at that Hospital again. No job support or security. When you ask for help, they said "we will see what we can do:. They never get back to you, they lack on patient care removing imporatnt staff with exxperieence.
Certified Instrument Technician (Former Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: wonderful co workers
Cons: leadership was horrible
Great place to work. I worked with very professional nurses and physicians!
I love working at the hospital...I have gained alot of Hospital Experience
Host (Current Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 5, 2015
I contact patients to get there daily menu for all meals. Take patients trays to there rooms ..Pick up patients trays and record the I and Os''...Also I stock all departments Nourishment rooms and I also stock the Doctors Lounges as well. My Management staff is exceptional always there when you need them and my coworkers are wonderful a lot of teamwork going on!! My hardest part of my job is when patients that you get to know pass away
Laboratory Testing, Supervision, Management, Customer Service
Med Tech Supervisor Manager (Former Employee), 1400 E Boulder, Colorado Springs, Co 80909December 25, 2014
Pros: exelent benefits and good job conditions
Cons: extended hours, weekends and holidays
I initially was a Medical Technologist performing laboratory testing. I was soon promoted to Night Shift Supervisor and did testing and supervision of personnel. Within approximately a year I was again promoted to Central Receiving Supervisor and then Manager. I did development and implementation of new policies and procedures, a great deal of conflict resolution and multitasking. My favorite part of the job was the Human Resources duties which included interviewing, recruiting, training, evaluations, and scheduling. I had a great deal of Customer Service with physicians, nurses, and patients. I was also responsible for a balanced budget.
Intern at Memorial Hospital
medical assistant intern (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 23, 2014
great experience, learned a lot of useful skill that I will apply in my future employment. .
good people
BAKER/COOK (Former Employee), Hixson, TNDecember 12, 2014
Pros: great team
My review is the same; because, Memorial outsourced to Sodexo. I do the same job. I look forward to coming into work. The people I work with are a joy. Arrive to work at 6:00 am, clock in at 6:15, and began mixing my biscuit dough to make my biscuits. I put my 12 pans of bacon in the oven also. I push patient food carts up on the floors.
After breakfast I look over the menu for the day, and began preparing for lunch, and prepping my deserts for lunch, and dinner. This is done for both patients, and cafeteria. I always keep work area clean, and pans washed. It will be time to go home at 2:15.
productive years ago and currently sour
Library Asst Tech (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 9, 2014
Pros: a free birthday meal and a picnic at park once a year.
Cons: annual exam and other job goals to get pay raise.
Memorial was a great place to work from 1980's to 2005, when there were only 1500 employees in 1980's, grew to 4000 in the 2000's.
Employees were great, until recently when moral turned sour.
When work piles up is hardest part of job and it felt like your working a job for 2 or more people. Memorial went to a hiring freeze , followed by job cuts in 2000's. My job finally was eliminated in 2009.
Fast paced
Communication Clerk (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 9, 2014
Learned a lot working here. Loved working with the people that was there. It can be stressful at times. It's a 24/7 so someone is always working.
Very stressful and physical job working in central service sterile processing
Surgical Instrument Technician (Current Employee), 2525 de Sales Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37404December 7, 2014
Pros: 401k
Cons: 4am work start time
A typical day in central service sterile processing involves assembling surgical instruments, sterilizing instruments, and stocking shelves for surgery. I have learned the importance of doing an excellent job every day because a patient's health could be at risk if the job was not performed to the best of my ability. I work well with all members of the central service team. The hardest part of my position is dealing with time constraints involved with surgical cases. The part I find most enjoyable about my job is the personal satisfaction of knowing that I am part of the team providing excellent service to all surgical patients.
Staff gives off Negative sense of entitlement
Security Officer (Former Employee), South Bend, INDecember 5, 2014
Pros: pay was ok
Cons: no lunch break, fights, threats, negative work environment, expired certifications for training....and more.
If you don't have a title or degree, well your not going to get treated like everyone else.
Exciting work experience with opportunities to grow.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Chattanooga Tn.November 29, 2014
Pros: staff support
My first work opportunity in a Hospital setting. I learned so much and had great learning experiences. Wonderful co-workers and staff.
busy place to work
Surgical Care Assistant (Former Employee), colorado springsNovember 28, 2014
fast and busy place to work. Great team. Great doctors and nurses. Different shifts help for going to school.
caring unit
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Belleville, ILNovember 23, 2014
great team work and compassion for patients
opportunity to advance after completing competencies and schooling
involved management
everyday friendly enviroment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Stilwell, OKNovember 20, 2014
loved meeting new people everyday.putting a smile on their face when their not feeling very good.
Toxic Workplace with poor management and high turnover rate
Registered Nurse, Emergency Room (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 18, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: horrible place to work
Wide disregard for management
High turnover rate
Toxic working environment for nursing staff
fun place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2014
You always had something to do. The most enjoyable part about the job was interacting with co-workers. It was a very relaxed atmosphere that make you feel at home. There was always someone there to help if you had a problem. The management was great!
Amazing Hospital
Intern (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 15, 2014
Amazing co-workers. Everyone there has their head on straight. The medical training is unbeatable, and the mortality rate is very low. I worked in wound care, so I changed bandages/dressings. I retrieved supplies, helped moving patients, and anything else that was needed. Learned so much from the faculty. There was no hard part, I mean it was always very busy, but I like that type of work. I loved every minute of being there.