Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 2, 2015
Busy, long hours, mostly working others shift; enjoyed seeing smiling faces of the people that I worked with and patients.
Pros
Beaks
Cons
No lunch at all
It was a good place to work for many years before the hospital was sold.
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Martinsville VirginiaJuly 2, 2015
Rushing all day, usually missing lunch to prevent overtime which was taboo. Co-workers were okay but only 2 were actually helpful.
The younger ones seemed to have a problem working with older
employees and patients. Hardest part of the job was making sure all pertinent info got to the insurance companies, so the hospital would get paid. The best part of the job was talking with the patients and families and being able to help with transitioning home or to hospice at discharge, with what ever they needed.
Pros
Paid fairly well.
Cons
It seems patient care suffered after the hospital was sold.
Memorial hospital
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 1, 2015
nursing staff is fantastic, results driven patient care, everyone had great teamwork, great programs for physical therapy
busy hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2015
some workers are really friendly then there are those others who act like they wake up on the wrong side of the bed on a daily basis which really sucks.
Behavioral health was new to the hospital
Inpatient Psychiatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlJune 29, 2015
The clinical services offered were excellent; unfortunately, the management structure made it extremely difficult to provide the level of psychiatric nursing care possible due to the lack of direct support and supervision by nursing of the behavioral health services (BHS). The BHS did not have a steady director during my time working there and my role was divided between covering what the interim director didn't cover and to continue managing and improving the nursing services. During my stay we had two different interim directors and one director who was fired about 4 months after hire. The CNO was very instrumental in ensuring we passed TJC, yet, was unable to advocate for better working circumstances for myself and the direct care nursing staff. Despite this we did pass TJC, DCF and AHCA inspections with flying colors, developed and opened an intensive outpatient department and an additional geriatric unit. My role was stretched to cover all of the development, hiring, training and managing all direct care/nursing staff, assist with policy revisions, form development and process establishment for the new service lines. The BHS was a DPU at the hospital and was supervised by corporate leaders who were not in sync with local hospital and community needs; and, mostly all about the numbers and multiple new initiatives never taking into consideration that these initiatives were being launches while the hospital had their own initiatives and the department's growth. It was a very challenging and rewarding environment due to the patient population and phenomenal staff; unfortunately,  more... not a stable workplace as most everyone felt serious lack of job security and underappreciation of the service they provided to the hospital and community. The hospital nursing leadership was geared towards work-life balance, professional growth and satisfaction; however, the corporate behavioral health division did not practice what was the local hospital employee relations preached.  less
Pros
Great patient care environment, teamwork and superb clinical staff
Cons
Lacked direct support/supervision from local hospital's CNO
over worked and under paid
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILJune 17, 2015
This job was a hard job, at the work load was extra heavy and not enough staff to help. You would work on a heart floor with up to 14-16 patients which I think is ridiculous for a heart floor.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not enough help
I met some very interesting people and made some friends that will be life long
Billing/Collector (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJune 17, 2015
Clean, safe environment with average work space. Very hard to hear over phones because headsets are not used throughout. Finding solutions to patient problems very satisfying.
Pros
Close to my home; Monday -Friday
Cons
30 min lunch too short for the intensity of the work load
A good of fashion hospital!
Office Clerk / Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 17, 2015
this had an old fashion way of billing patient's and doctor's bills and fun to handle the processes of billing with an old posting machine. Got to communicated with nurses and doctors.
Icu/ imcu
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 16, 2015
Fast-paced hospital critical care unit, delivering care to patients needing intensive care. Here, I was quickly able to learn how to triage patients to see who would be best able to transfer to a lower level of care, so more critically ill patients could be moved in.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Nurse-patient ratio
Great place to work!
Multi Skilled Technician - Oncology (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 5, 2015
Memorial is a great place to work. Great people to work with and awesome benefits. I feel lucky that I am apart of their team.
Productive and great environment to work in as a busy hopital
Outpatient Registration Clerk/Admitting ER (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJune 4, 2015
Registration/Admitting pt
Ver pt insurance for hospital inpatient and outpatient benefit
creat the chart for the physician
Collect insurance payment co-insurance and copayment
Excelent place to work
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 2, 2015
Excellent place to work
learned to be a team member in a hospital setting
Coworkers were very enjoyable
The management is great
Helping Patients
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 29, 2015
I love the location of this department and how much they help each and every patient with any kind of information that they need. We also give insurance information and access to patient medical records online.
Great job I love the employees and patients
Diet Clerk (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 28, 2015
start day off by logging into the computer. entering and editing the diet orders. make sure the next day menu was ready and set. walk the floors gathering orders for the patients.
Pros
great employees good relationship with the patients
Cons
limited parking
Fun PLace to work
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 28, 2015
The Staff is wonderful Everyone works as a Team. You don't feel pressured at this facility, The hospital is always kept clean.
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMay 25, 2015
It's a great place to work. Usually a typical day is very busy and the time goes by fast. I learned a lot in this position. The benefits are good and there was great customer service.
same as peevious
Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 13, 2015
Friendly work environment. Teaching facilities with advancement. Co-workers were team players and management was fair. I enjoy communicating and caring for my patients.
very productive workplace
Collector Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2015
What i learn about this company, that changes happens all the time. very short staff workplace. everything falls in your hands, the most important about it is the people i worked with help you get the job done.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
great job as first overnight job
Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  North Conway, NHMay 5, 2015
I worked stocking shelves. I used it as a first job to get used to working over night for the job i was currently in school for. It was a quiet place to work.
Pros
quiet work environment
Cons
overnight is tough to adjust to at first
Same
surgical/neurology nurse (Current Employee) –  Harvey, ILApril 30, 2015
Co-workers are great and they are willing to help eachother out. It is very busy and I usually have 5-6 patients, depending on the day.