Memorial Hospital

Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Good Place to Work
Transporter (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 5, 2014
Great place to learn and grow become educated. Good people to work with. Team effort.
Community
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Belleville, ILMarch 1, 2014
Assisting patients with check-in for out patient surgeries. or Working with the emergency rooms, doctors offices and the hospital floor nurses to place patients in rooms.
Really enjoyed working in the healthcare enviorment as a financail analyst
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 25, 2014
Received phone calls and emails with questions about financial data.
Was a great family work envirment
OR Schedular/Admitting Coordinator (Current Employee), RIFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: major transformation
Very busy office, going through a major transition. The hospital has been taken over by CNE. This is actually a good thing, since the hospital was in financial ruin. I have been at memorial since I was 18. Memorial Hospital given me an education. I have had so much experience. The hardest part of the job is not having the tools to do a better job. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you have made a difference is some ones life. – less
No Advancement
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: 30 minute lunch
Cons: almost no overtime offered
There's no room for advancement. The job is mostly a constantly revolving door of gross incompetence, and that's not an exaggeration.
Fun but challenging work place
Lead Security Officer (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: new challenge everyday
Cons: no guranteed lunch breaks
Working at the hospital as a security officer I have to handle many challenging situations. Our job is to keep every person that walks through the doors safe. We have to help de-escalate agitated patients and visitors. On an everyday basis I work with adults and children that are suicidal or have other psych issues.
Quiet Workplace
PI Assistant/Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee), Chester, ILFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: reduced lunches
Cons: lack of advancement
Memorial Hospital is a small Critical Access Hospital. I really enjoy working at the hospital; However, it's such a small hospital that there isn't much job security. We do not see many patients so there really isn't room for advancement within the hospital.
I was there as a student on clinical rotation
Student Intern (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 10, 2014
The entire staff was very nice to work with and helped me a lot being a student.
Very civilized place to work.
RN (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: wonderful place to work.
Cons: hectic.
Every shift was hectic but I learn so much in the 2 years I was there. The hardest part was being able to conclude and document every thing at the end of the shift in a timely manner. The best part for me was when a very sick patient recovers, and is going home. I love those hugs.
Fast pace, busy enviroment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), South Bend, INFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: get to see a lot of people
Cons: people are really sick
My typical day at work is very busy. I am dealing with patients that need help and I collect all of there personal information to input them in the system. My coworkers are busy and we all are trying to get assist everyone in a timely manner.
Challenging, fast paced work environment
Patient account analyst (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 4, 2014
Responsible for billing Medicare accounts for the University of Colorado Health hospital system.
A very postitive enviroment promoting growth
Patient Access Registrar Team Lead (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 4, 2014
I came in as a college student and was giving mangement responsiblities to the point where supervisors and other department heads will call me for advise and instructions on a daily basis. I enjoy taking care of patients and working with them and making them feel like they matter and even though I have to sometimes as for payments I make them feel as – more... though it was an investment worth making. – less
Very fast paced trauma emergency room great professional staff enjoyed going to work every day
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CoFebruary 3, 2014
I would clock in review daily job assignment. I would report to my unit to relieve whom ever was working there before me. I would receive pass down notify my supervisor I was now on the floor and begin to registering patients. Everyday I learned something new we were the busiest Trauma ER in the city and I've seen pretty much anything you could think – more... of . My coworkers were great we had a good staff. Strong communications from every department ie doctors, nurses, tech, AMR( ambulances) just to name a few. The hardest part of my job was leaving to move to Georgia. The most enjoyable part was seeing something different everyday. – less
RN - Med/Surg (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
Direct – more... or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervise a particular unit.
Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and
develop health improvement programs.
Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments. – less
Productive, Stressful,
SURGERY SCHEDULING COORDINATOR (Former Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: met a lot of wonderful people, patients, doctors
Cons: health care, paying for parking as an employee
Working at Memorial hospital was very stressful, learned to watch my back from co-workers and management to do the wrong thing and play the blame game.

I loved my job scheduling with multiple offices and learning new things everyday....

The hardest part of my job was the way I was treated by management. Knowing I was doing a good job for Memorial – more... but treated like nothing!

The most enjoyable part of my job was making the offices and doctors happy by being able to schedule their surgeries when they needed to get it done. – less
Great benefits
Nuclear Medicine Technician (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
Great working environment and room to advance . Supervisor took its time to teach all new hire and made every work feel appreciate.
I enjoy the variety of care provided to my patient population.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2014
I work with a strong team of nurses who support and assist each other during times of stressful situations.
Labor and Delivery requires a lot of autonomy, critical thinking and strong knowledge of the laboring patient.
Effective communication is also essential to ensure that proper information is given to appropriate members of the healthcare team.
Great place to learn and gro
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsJanuary 19, 2014
I have enjoyed working at Memorial in the last year. I have learned a lot and have many great professional mentors and leaders.
Memorial Hospital
several (Former Employee), Manchester, KYJanuary 18, 2014
This is a wonderful place to work!!! Great employees, great supervision
Great Company
Pharmacy Technician - Externship (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines BlvdJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: location. friendly environment
Great Learning Environment. I received my IV Training with Memorial Hospital.