Memorial Hospital

Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

It was challenging
Unit Clerk/C.N.A (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: time
It was hard to find balance between job and home. A lot of times I would be at home thinking about what I did at work, and then I would find myself thinking about family at work.
Productive place to work
Chart Analysis Clerk (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMay 14, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: working holiday
Talking with doctors answering phone computer print motoring doctors charting.
How to communication with co-workers.
Management very helpful.
End of month report and suspending physicians privileges'.
The co worker team work.
Very busy and confidential place to work.
Assistant Clerical Worker (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMay 2, 2014
Pros: i learned alot it and it helped me really figure out if i was cut out for a behind the desk job.
Cons: it was voluntary
A typical day at work consisted of filing papers by alphabetical order, making portfolios, computer work, taking orders, creating confidential folders, and handling personal patient information. I learned about clerical work in the hospital. The hardest part of the job was organizing the paperwork in alphabetical order.
LPN staff nurse and Discharge Resource (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 30, 2014
Pros: 9 hour shifts. close to home, great medical benefits.
Cons: short breaks.. worked most saturdays.
I loved providing education at discharge to new parents. During my time patient satisfaction improved from 28% to 83% in receiving education preparing them to go home.
I worked with an amazing team of nurturing nurses.
The hardest part was prioritizing on days of high # of discharges.
I enjoyed the communicating and knowing I made a difference to young mothers.
Hospital was a good place to work but made rules for certain people and if you were not in the clic that was that.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 29, 2014
Pros: good employees to work with.
Cons: management needs to be improved
Had excellect co-workers at the Memorial Hixson Campus.
Enjoyed working with others.
Clocked in, checked offices and doors that needed to be locked that left unlocked by housekeeping. Let Doctors and their staff in their Walked the Sisters to their cars.
Very busy, exciting place to work
Radiologic Technologist/ Mammographer (Former Employee), Jacksonville FloridaApril 25, 2014
Pros: management/ supervisors always seemed to genuinely care
Cons: sometimes did not get breaks due large patient volume
I worked at Memorial for 22 years, learned so much there.
Management was always accommodating to my needs.

I worked nights, evenings and day shift. They invested time and money in me to send me to mammography training and was able to become certified in 2003

My co-workers were awesome in all departments I worked in, still have close friendships today with some.

I would say the hardest part of my time at Memorial was leaving but, had to go work in my families business for personal reasons
managment
Sonographer (Former Employee), Pembroke, FLApril 24, 2014
the salaries are great but not not a place to make it your "home". micro-management is high.
A typical day included head to toe assessments on each patient, and learning disease processes.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2014
Med/Surg is a great place for nurses to begin a career. I can actually say Med/Surg is the hardest job I ever had, mostly because it was physically and mentally challenging at the same time.
Nice company to work for
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 15, 2014
It was good to learn a lot about the medical industry and data entry. Nice people to work with
nice enviroment and set schedule
Service Worker (Former Employee), Burlington, NCApril 9, 2014
Pros: schedule hardly changed
Cons: pay could have been better
It was fun... had a lot of free things given to us as well as learning a lot about the business in different aspects
A great place to learn and develop critical nursing skills
Staff Registered Nurse Medical Telemetry (Current Employee), Gulfport, MSApril 2, 2014
My time at Memorial Hospital has been a fast paced, productive and supportive experience. While there I have been able to grow from an inexperienced "newbie" to a nurse who is more comfortable and capable in and environment dealing with critically ill patients.
Excellent hospital--golden standard which I have measured every hospital which I have worked.
Staff Nurse, Newborn Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee), South Bend, INMarch 28, 2014
This hospital is awesome and I learned everything about being a professional nurse at Memorial Hospital. Excellent physicians, and managers. It has been many years since I have worked there and I hope it has not changed.
Making a difference in saving a life
Nursing Secretary, Emergency Departments (Former Employee), Martinsville, VirginiaMarch 25, 2014
Pros: knowing i had a hand in helping others
Cons: working to help others, but going nowhere in getting ahead
This particular job I did very well, because I have had it before in the same environment.
Ordered tests, and received back in a timely manner so licensed staff can make a decision on health care catered to this individual.
Did not feel like I was part of the team a lot of times
This position was repeatitive at times.
It could be hard to work with some of the physicians
I loved knowing I was making a difference in quality care for patients
Interpretation of a typical Work Day
CSR Tech (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 24, 2014
Pros: benefits, pto, people
Cons: schedule changes
As I walk into work I look at the list of where I am to par for that day. It could be anywhere in the hospital. I walk to the specific locations and begin my scan/count. As I count, I begin a mental process of balancing out what will fit on the shelves as to what is missing. Making sure that the floors are adequately stock, but not tripping over said stock. Doing this I have learned more organizational skills than previously obtained, and also know what is beneficial for each floor unit. My co-workers are joyful majority of the time, which makes the daunting task of refilling the floors somewhat enjoyable. The hardest part of this job is by far the physical extremities. Due to having to refill bags of fluids and stock, the enormous pressure on the back and legs can be overwhelming at times. The most enjoyable part of the job would be my co-workers and typing my inventory lists at the end of the day.
Hospitals are not always what they appear to be. The philosophy is not one of altruism no matter what is advertised, so consider wisely.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), South Bend, INMarch 22, 2014
Pros: self satisfaction of a job well done
Cons: insuffient lunch break, rotating shifts, call time, potential to work 24 & no control
Pretty good place to be. Pay is fair. However, they will sacrifice nursing staff to get top heavy. I have not worked in any hospital that does not sacrifice nursing staff for upper level positions or if there is a penny pinching budget due to some accountant mistake, or that bigger equals better philosophy.

I will never understand the logic behind making nursing a liability to the hospital. Give nursing a code number and get reimbursed so patients don't suffer the consequences of understaffing.
12 hours are hard but worth it
PCT- Patient Care Teck (Former Employee), York, PAMarch 18, 2014
schedule 12 in 6 wk schedule had mini vacations. a great bunch of nurses will to train you.
Excellent clinical culture. High work output required.
CLINICAL PHARMACIST (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great pot lucks
Cons: cafeteria runs out of entrees occasionally
Most of the day is order entry.

Warfarin patient management. Antibiotic management. Therapeutic substitutions. Medication recommendations. Teaching.

Management fair and generally helpful.

Co-workers independent, but friendly.

Maintaining a balance between clinical demands and work output.

Happy physicians, nurses, colleagues, and of course your bosses.
Leaning experience
Nurse Tech (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 11, 2014
Pros: fun while working
Cons: sometimes short staff
Love Memorial, it gave me the opportunity to learn some many things at once, tipical day was a busy one but we also had a great team that worked together to meet the residents needs, management was great always willing to give someone a chance to move up.
Nice area to work located, in the mountains of New hampshiere
Med Tech (Current Employee), LabMarch 10, 2014
Great people and fun place to work.
If you like a small hospital that is down to earth this a place for you. Hiking in the summer and fall, skiing in the winter is just a little of what you can do if you work here.
PC Tech (Former Employee), Belleville, ILMarch 9, 2014