Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Emergency Room Admissions
ER/Main Admissions Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 18, 2015
Provided benefits counseling and coordination of medical coverage for admission and treatment in the University Hospital system. Conducted patient relation activity and referral to community-based service agencies.
Have been here 20 years
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 16, 2015
Love the opportunities I've had while working at Memorial Hospital. Great coworkers, including management. I would recommend any of my friends to apply here.
Work is very interesting!
Registered Medical Assistant ( (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILNovember 16, 2015
Each day is pretty much the same as far as the work flow! My co-workers are great and so is management! My favorite part of the day is clinic where I get to interact with my patients and try to make their day a little better!
well organized institution and well trained satff
Psychologist Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2015
multicultural environment with a lot of opportunities to interact with people and personal situations that affected their life and their families
Pros
short time of working there
Cons
program closed due to changes in federal laws and work comp. rules
Great Atmosphere
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILNovember 10, 2015
It is always great to see co-workers with different job titles come together as a team. I work a very hectic shift, and even though management is not always there, they are just a phone call away if there are any urgent situations.
nice place to work
FNS Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2015
nice place to work, if you like working around patients and nurses. The benefits are too high. Would recommend the company.
Pros
salary alright
Cons
benefits too expensive
A day as a Critical Care Tech
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2015
Working amongst the best nursing team allowed me to really care for my patient. From greeting them and introducing myself and explaining my role in their care. Obtained vital signs, current intake and output and any other special measurements needed for each patient. Provided a bath, shaving, basic wound care and comfort measures such a back or foot rub. Provided assistance with meals and nourishment supplements. Assisted in turning patient and ambulation as needed. I made a difference in every patient's life that I cared for on a daily basis.
Pros
Maintaining new skills such a blood culture ceritification.
Cons
Understaffing at times.
Extremely busy place to work.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 22, 2015
A good experience, allowed me to work on my skills, as well as acquire my Breast Ultrasound Registration. Great co-workers very willing to share their knowledge with new techs.
Pros
acquired my Breast Ultrasound Registration
Cons
small department meant lots of call hours to cover
Productive Job
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 13, 2015
This job is rewarding. In this position there is lots of labor involved, but you are able to be involved in individuals during a time of sickness.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Great Hospital with amazing teamwork among staff
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga TnOctober 12, 2015
Wonderful learning environment. Everyone is very friendly. I worked on a cardiac floor and i have absolutely no complaints. Upper management was always supportive and encouraged lower management to continue education.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
You'll love working here!!
Home Health Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHOctober 9, 2015
I loved working here.....everyone is very friendly to everyone!! They will get to know you by name. You may even feel like family away from family here. As an employee, there are all sorts of fun activities to do for mandatory processes the hospital must meet every year. There is always food or prizes, because everyone loves to eat and win!! Employees work out free in the wellness center. You get some perks the cafeteria food is very good!

One thing about the hospital, once you come aboard, make sure before you leave, you really want to leave, because the only way back in is if some retires or resigns and that is no guarantee. Rarely anyone leaves, that is why it is so hard to get hired - it's a great place to work!!

You get many days off (paid holidays). Sick and vacation days are separate. Benefits are very good (part timers may also qualify). Pay is very competitive. A Flu shot is mandatory, but there are ways around it. OPERS. The hospital is county owned.
Pros
sick/vacation days separated/many holidays paid
It was ok place to work
Non-Emergency Transporter (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 4, 2015
I cleaned up around the hospital as a groundskeeper, and I was promoted to patient transport. It was a ok place to work until a customer says something wrong about you then that where the trouble starts you don't get a fair shot with your employment cause if they feel they do not want you you are fired
What have I learn
REIMBURSEMENT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 2, 2015
Memorial Hospital believes in family working together to accomplish one goal and it takes a team to do so. I love the way things are run at Memorial Hospital. The objectives and where they want to be in 10 years. It's a positive place to work, learn, and execute. I enjoy how they intrust I will make the right decision for our patient. It's a fun loving place to work and enjoy doing what you do. Management is approachable, co-workers reach out to ask questions or ask for help.
Pros
Free access to the Gym, reasonable lunch specials, free parking..
Cons
Over task, with less people, no compensation.
Don't work 2nd shift
Medical Technologist-Generalist Full time (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 1, 2015
I have worked for this company for 5years on the 3-11pm shift. I will say this is a good shift if you are in school or need to make money fast. However because management hires students for this shift we are under staff on a regular bases. which means that patient care is affected. However the management does not care. the 7am-3pm shift is the one that Management see the most so that is the one they care about the most. So lots of job security but no work life balance.
Pros
job secruity
Cons
aways under staffed
intense patient care with need for highly skilled staff
Staff Nurse III (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 30, 2015
Teamwork essential but not always available. Large amount of politics with little input allowed from staff. Administration changed with becoming a part of a large network and staffing shortages increased.
Pros
free lunches when no one had time for lunch or breaks
Cons
poor teamwork
Phlebotomy Externship
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 29, 2015
The role of the lab phlebotomist is to go throughout the hospital collecting blood for tests for surgery and other in patients to hospital.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Constant demands for shorter turn-around time, even though drawing blood is often difficult in this setting.
Always busy, always challenging, always learning!
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Conway, NHSeptember 22, 2015
There was a lot of variety in my position. I worked with many great co-workers and we learned from each other. Each day presented different challenges and ways to grow and learn.
Pros
The people and the knowledge they posess and care they provide
Cons
The work load
Great group of people to work with.
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Springfield IlSeptember 21, 2015
I learned how to be a phlebotomist while I worked at Memorial, I also learned how to work in a fast paced environment. My co-workers where great to work with. The hardest part was seeing then patients having a bad day and the only thing I can do is just be there for them to talk to.
Enjoyable place to work
Receptionist, Switchboard Operator, & Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2015
I loved working at Memorial Hospital. I had the opportunity to learn more then just the position I was hired for and the management was excellent to work for. They was understanding to family life and the situations that might come up. It was actually the best place I have ever worked for. I loved everyone and it was like my family, just not a work environment.
Pros
Benifits was excellent
Cons
They really did not want to pay very much
Good people, no charge for single benefits.
Pharmacy Technician Tech II (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 9, 2015
Pharmacy dept was horrible at scheduling, not enough people to run department efficiently.Way behind in technology. Manager of pharmacy didn't care about daily work flow. Coworkers were good people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.