Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

they dont care about their employees
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 12, 2017
They treat there employees with absolutely little or no caring. They just want the patients paperwork completed as fast and accurately as you can. Very little or no training given to employees, then when you make a mistake they reprimand you for it. Expect the hospital to come first even when you are not scheduled. Expect you to cover extra shifts because they are so short staffed.
productive great place to work
Cold Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 11, 2017
I started off on call or as needed .worked my way up to part time receiving 20 hour a week to full time position. it isna great place to work paid time off benefits.Nice staff of co workers.
good
Echo Tech (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 11, 2017
Memorial hospital is a wonderful place to work. The bosses are wonderful to work for, and most of the doctors are a joy to work with. I truly never minded going into work every day.
Awesome place to work
Food service attendant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 5, 2017
Awesome place to work for
clean hospital
friendly employees
always going the extra mile
willingness to help anyone
assist with car trouble
assist with problem solving
Pros
Good place
Cons
No cons
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 4, 2017
Organized fast paced place of employment. Opportunities to develop both professional and personal relationships with customers due to the nature of the job.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Advancement in Organization
hospital
Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 3, 2017
The hospital was poorly run. Some individuals truly care about the patients but the overall atmosphere is one of a business without the compassion that is necessary in a healthcare setting.
Small town hospital at it's best
Pharmacy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 29, 2017
I had the pleasure of working at Memorial before it was merged with BJC health care. At that time and I am sure even now it had some of the best and caring staff. Everyone worked as a team to meet the patients needs.
Pros
Great small town hospital feel
Cons
Your not in the big city -- to some that may not be a con
Great job
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 27, 2017
great job and great benefits. its an ok place to work at. ok Management and great employees and ok work and life balance. overall great company to work for
hard place to work
Lead Surgical Technologist C.S.T (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2017
limited for surgical technologists and new hires the hospital is under going a change for a small hospital to level 2 trauma hospital.The call is increasingly getting people to second guess the career for long term employment .
overall review
Housekeeping Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 23, 2017
This job was great and the people I met daily at the hospital made it worth comining to d omy job to the best of my ability, However I was bullied and harassed by one of the managers who seemed to have a problem with the color of my skin ut never the less I continued to do my job the best way possible.

Want to know more about Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
Enjoyable place to work
RN Cardiac Unit (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2017
Memorial Hospital is good place to work. My co-workers were very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was low staffing. The best part of the job was loving what I do and great co-workers.
Benefits
Cons
Low staffing
Low pay and unethical management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  N Conway, NHJune 21, 2017
Enjoyed the experience with surgery and the doctor. However, I was expected to wear MA badge when I'm an LPN. Hostile work place, coworker training me was nasty and talked about everyone else in the office. Training lacking and ridiculously low pay.
Pros
4 day work week
Professional, opportunity to learn, motivating.
Medical Transcriptionist - Pathology (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 20, 2017
Transcribed pathology reports, secretarial duties, other duties as required. I learned medical terms, types of reports. The management was excellent. The job was not hard and was very enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was working for the doctors.
Pros
Good management, excellent doctors to work for.
Cons
I have no cons.
productive and fun place to work
L & D Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 18, 2017
This was an awesome company to work for! I worked different shifts while I was there and there was always something to do so I could keep myself busy.
Has it moments
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  York, PAJune 17, 2017
One minutes you are dealing with the public to the next dealing with a doctor that needs something done ASAP. It can be very quick paced one minute and then slow the next.
Memorial
Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  Carthage, ILJune 17, 2017
I prefer not to comment on this work environment due to the fact that it is a temporary internship that is non-paid. However, I have learned more than i have in a day than a semester in a classroom.
Job is great. Pays not too good
Medic/Admin (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 17, 2017
I loved working there but little room to grow and is very to get complacent. Supervisors are very goal oriented and very helpful to both employees and patients.
good place to work
Infection Preventionist (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJune 16, 2017
Too small a hospital with no chance of advancement or challenging work. Very community based and the staff are like family. I would not mind working there again.
Pros
good work atmosphere
Cons
too far from home
Needs some work.
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 15, 2017
With the transition over to BJC it's a stressful work environment. We were told we were on a pay freest for 2 years. It's 6 months in and they are not even close to being normal. Management doesn't seem to know what's going or and is poorly adjusting.
Pros
Good 401k option and good benifits
Cons
Unpaid breaks, stressful work loads due to being short staffed.
Exallant company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
This company was excellent best company I have worked for friendly co workers good communication excellent management was superb good communication between workers and management