Memorial Medical Center

Memorial Medical Center Employer Reviews

recommend
Acute Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: on -call time
I gained alot of experience. would recommend working here. Allowed of independant work
Registered Nurse, Trauma Nurse Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 10, 2014
Memorial is a great place to work. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Most of my co-workers are fantastic especially on night shift. It is a very busy hospital with usually a very high census.
This hospital was pretty good all around
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 5, 2014
I gained more experience in an in-patient/out-patient setting and learned how to do other tasks like faxing results to Dr offices upon request.
exciting place to work,life experience,postive work enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 28, 2014
a typical day at the hospital,was what happened the night before and during days off.learning new and xciting things about the different duties peformed by different departments.i can say that management was verry positive and respectfull to its employees,great communication and positive work enviorment.the hardest part of the job was not letting peoples – more... affection bother you.i really enjoyed talking with the public and assisting in any way possible while being professional at the same time. – less
Great benefits
Phlebotomist III / Processor (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 23, 2014
The benefits are really good at Memorial. The lab is almost always short staffed so time off requests must be put in in advance. Once the schedule is up it's really hard to get a day or time off for an emergency.
I love ICU nusring
Intensive care bedside RN (Former Employee), Johnstown PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: schedules, salary, alot of experience
Cons: management
Excellent ICU. Very poor management. A lot of management favoritism.
Great staff, dedicated to working as a team with management support
ICU nurse (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 9, 2014
I have very much enjoyed working at MMC. The environment is geared towards always advancing knowledge as well as application of knowledge on a daily basis. The one thing I can say the staff at MMC has taught me is that nursing is 24 hour care, not one shift is responsible for taking care of every single aspect of nursing care, it is a collaborative – more... effort. I enjoy coming to work everyday, knowing that I can rely on my coworkers for anything I may need. The hardest part of ICU care from my perspective is seeing people back in the ICU again and again and continuing to not care for themselves. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing people leave the ICU after being extremely ill, and recovering from life threatening illnesses. – less
Strong commitment in providing quality patient care.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 16, 2014
Enjoyed working with employees from all patient care units. Strong team work with each dept.
I loved all the nurses and patients.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 16, 2014
Pros: i loved my job. everyone was wonderful to work with.
Cons: we never had the supplies we needed for the job we had to do.
I would go get my cart and stock it for the day. Go to the floor I was to clean empty rooms on and wait for a page on my pager. When a patient went home I would clean all the trash away and dirty laundry and clean the room and put clean everything back.
retirement parties
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 13, 2014
Cons: working twelve hours a day for such a small wage was exhausting
The most enjoyable part of the job was preparing meals for the patient and serving them.
Good Place to Work
Radiological Technologist Assistant (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJune 12, 2014
Memorial is a good place to work! They have good benefits and most people are enjoyable to be around. It can be hard at times but any industry has days when it can be difficult.
Welcoming place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Neillsville, WIJune 11, 2014
Pros: surprise jean days on fridays
Cons: minimal pay, no over time
The people who work there are so great. Everyone knows everyone. Such a small town environment. We're all like a big family. Everyone is so kind and polite. I would recommend anyone to establish care with MMC.
Great place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 10, 2014
Great opportunity to learn with great pay and benefits. A great management team and great physicians
Great place to work!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJune 3, 2014
Pros: 401k match
Cons: short staff
Love my job, i can only hope to exceed and improve, typical day starts at 3 am and i get rounds doctors put in orders and expect them drawn and tested by 7 am. Usually from 3 am to 7 am i draw on over 20 people. After rounds the rest of my shift i draw on various amount of patients depending on the day. All of my co-workers Are very helpful.
I love getting up and going into work
Externship (Current Employee), Neillsville, WIApril 23, 2014
room patients
give injections, perform EKG's , performed phlebotomy
Fast paced and exciting
Talking with the patients and being concerned for them and seeing a smile on there face.
Food Service Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, ILApril 15, 2014
Great learning experience on handling customers needs, the co-workers were great and easy to get along wit.
stable employer
Discharge Coordinator and Activity Supervisor (Former Employee), Ludington, MIApril 9, 2014
good place to work. stable employment opportunity. Pay and benefits are competitive and more mid level on the scale.
Caring and fast-paced environment.
LMRP Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, IllinoisApril 8, 2014
This is a great place to work, and everyone helps to foster that! I have learned a lot over the years, and have been very thankful for this opportunity. I really enjoy working with the physician offices.
Productive, team oriented.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMarch 31, 2014
Productive team oriented. Needed equipment, training and support supplied to allow us to do our jobs economically. Earned awards 6 times as the best Patient Accounting office of the Sutter Hospitals.
Good place to work.
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee), Modesto, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: save lives in the er.
Cons: with current position it is hard to move up.
Work 3- 12 hour days. Gives one the flexibility to pursue other hobbies. There has been a lot of turnover with staff and management in the last few years. Co workers are like family and have to endure ups and downs with this changing environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in someone's life. Get to save lives for a living – more... and feel blessed to have worked at this organization for as long as I have. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Memorial Medical Center

Memorial Hermann, a not-for-profit health care system, provides quality, comprehensive programs and services for a person's whole – Read more