Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Work is stressful. Not enough staff per patients
Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PANovember 16, 2017
Management focused on bottom dollar and not always on patients. Employees were dissatisfied with work conditions and pay. Not enough emphasis put on say to day problems being solved
Pros
Liked co-workers
Cons
Stressful working conditions
xx
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 11, 2017
diverse experiences. good leadership. great company. good benefits. good workplace culture. leadership cares about staff. good opportunities for advancement.
hostile work enviorment
Patient Care Tech/Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 10, 2017
Rude people, everyone is always upset and overwhelmed. The training is minimal and you will work your butt off for very little pay. Getting started is expensive.
Pros
Decent food and co-workers
Cons
Low pay
Could be better
Food Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 26, 2017
The staff do not always cooperate with each other, and there is not enough communication and teamwork present. The job is not always hard, but when coworkers do not cooperate the job becomes all the more difficult.
it is ok
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 22, 2017
it was ok until Human resources messed with my pay. hired me as a MT and realized They messed up and they took money away from me. outside of that it was an ok place to work.
Fun and Quick Pace
Medical Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 19, 2017
Memorial Medical Group is where I did my internship; it was a very supportive community that helps young nurses to be the best they can be. It was fast pace so in order to not fall behind you had to keep up on your work
Desires to be a national leader in healthcare
STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 18, 2017
Memorial is a good place to work, overall. There are opportunities for advancement and they strongly encourage continuing education. The floor nurses tend to be understaffed and very stressed. Management isn't always helpful or supportive of staff. The management want to offer latest technology as much as possible, and hope to be a national leader in healthcare. It does have Magnet status for nursing.
Pros
Education and advancement opportunities.
Cons
Floor nurses understaffed, management not always supportive.
Evenings
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 18, 2017
Typical day. Iworked graveyards. Very quiet and easy work shift. Work alone and and took little call. Great team but management was a bit overwhelming.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
lack of advancement
Student PT
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 11, 2017
I was a student physical therapist at MMC, so I can't speak to being an actual employee with this company. However, I LOVED my time here. I would work for this company in a heartbeat. Incredible work environment with great staff who are knowledgeable and supportive.
things are always changing
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 8, 2017
if you can handle constant policy change and trying to please 20 different peoples opinions on how things should be done, then its not so bad. once you figure out how the culture works it gets much easier.
Great coworkers. Staff work well together.
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ashland, WIOctober 1, 2017
Nice place to work. The facility is beautiful, all large private rooms. Continuously making improvements. Nurses are great to work with, team players.
Pros
treat employees well
Excellent learning experience
Duties ER Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Neillsville, WI 54456September 27, 2017
I loved working for MMC, working closely with Doctors and patients. Everyday was a learning experience, Educational advancement was always offered. I had a wonderful experience with all staff that worked here. A typical day would depend on the work load. Patients would check in the the ED I would call them back, I would do initial assessment, give verbal assessment to MD he would do his assessment and give me verbal orders for medications, and lab, x=ray
Pros
Free meals if super busy, staff available with one call to help.
Cons
only nurse in ED plus I was fresh out of Nursing school
Steady Employment without advancement.
Business Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 26, 2017
You will have great job security and the benefits are great. Pay is very low compared to competitors and it is very hard to advance without having a friend or family member above you.
excellent
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 19, 2017
Very experienced group of professionals. Nice doctors. Professional atmosphere. They do not have a transporter for department. Flexible manager who works with you for personal time off.
Pros
Management lets you do your job. Very supportive
Cons
Cath lab staff is shared with Radiologist on rotation basis... not separate department
fun place
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CA 95355September 8, 2017
I love working here . our benefits are nice but our medical insurance became so horrible. very high deductible. I love my job but do not like my hours
Liked my job very much
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 8, 2017
Unfortunately another place that was very political. The transcriptionists, except for 1 or 2 thought the hospital owed them just for showing up. When they decided to outsource I wholeheartedly agreed with the decision. They were lazy and entitled.
Pros
Physicians a delight to work with.
Cons
Selfish and entitled transcriptionists.
depends on the position honesty
Entrance Attendant (Valet) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 7, 2017
policy updates made regularly.
always clock in early, being late or tardy to work is unacceptable and will go on your employee record.
supervisors and managers can make the job a lot better.
Excellent patient care
RN, Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 4, 2017
Good work environment
Excellent place to learn new skills
Good mentorship
Diverse workplace
Typical day is quite busy
Good opportunity for advancement
overall great place to work
preadmissions (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 16, 2017
management staff is very supportive. They try to incorporate "fun" into the day to lighten the mood on a daily basis. overall great place to work for. hardest part is the fact they are short staffed
Pros
upbeat staff
Cons
short staffed
Great Staff
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 15, 2017
Memorial is a wonderful place work! It is full of great staff members and management. Food could use some help though. It can be very stressful at times.