Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Service Service Service
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 4, 2017
There are more scenarios to count! When working in hospital community you can expect everything all at once and at a sporadic pace! I have learned that you can do you best just keep going, listen and work as a team player. When collaborating with management and coworkers there are many expectations and interpretation, but all in all stay abreast with new policies and expectation and remember to serve with excellence and care. The most rewarding part of this job was taking a tragic situation and providing peace and comfort in near impossible circumstances.
Productive workplace
Patient Representative I (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 1, 2017
No advancement promotion. no leadership skills, management. Workplace workload good. Poor training, no professional training just on the job tactics
Cons
No advancement
Opportunity to learn new medical procedures and techniques and utilize them as I learned the procedure and/or techniques
STAR (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 28, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the patients,staff, and co-workers. Great support and we enjoyed working together, even when the times got tough, we would pull together as a team and get the job done, the utmost joy was seeing the things in which we had done for the patients, the patient and family satisfaction was what made it all worth while.
The hardest part of my job was seeing those patients who were very sick, mostly the cancer patients, seeing the amount of suffering and the passing away of patients whom I had grown close to.
Pros
Great co-workers and staff, great job helping others
Cons
Seeing patients suffer and the passing away of those whom I grew close to.
Memorial
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 21, 2016
It really is a great place to work. I have no complaints. It is what you make it upon entry. My management staff in the pharmacy was one of the best management teams I've ever dealt with in my working life.
It's a great place to work if you want a future in healthcare!
Room Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 7, 2016
You see a lot in the hospital, but for me personally, I want a job i healthcare so it was a good way to get my foot in the hospital and find out if it's truly what I want. The people are nice and focused on their job and the pay is great.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 6, 2016
Work 0500-1330 M-F
I have learned to work with many different personalities.
To work along side my managers and be able to work without being told what to do.
The hardest part of the job is seeing patients who are sick. The most enjoyable is seeing patients who make it through their sickness.
Great place to work.
Nursing Informatics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at Memorial. The only reason I decided to leave was due to the hours that I was working and my school schedule. Great pay and great work.
Great learning and great hands on care
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Ashland, WINovember 16, 2016
The learning that was available every day was great. Working at a hospital that is at least one and a half hours away from any other hospital, allows a nurse to become very confident in their skills. The hospital always allowed and fostered learning and continuing education. There was always room for advancement in the hospital.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Productive and great place to work.
Janitor/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXOctober 4, 2016
Working here was very fun and amazing. The environment in which i worked was very uplifting and enthusiastic. Very friendly staff in all departments of hospital. The work never stopped and there was always something to do and there was always so much going on at any given time.
Pros
Great personalities of co-workers
terrible upper management
RN (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 11, 2016
rn staff pushed to limits. high patient acuity, high nurse patient ratios. shared staffing, frequent floating to other departments where supplies and help are low.
Cons
no cafeteria on weekends.
Learning Experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ashdown, ARSeptember 7, 2016
Again, the co-workers and patients were the highlight of this position, living in a small town and working at a small town health care facility is pleasant, you already have some sort of relationship with most people outside of job facilities and so I love helping my community in any way possible
Fun pllace to work
COMPUTER Clerk/ Charting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 29, 2016
I really enjoy working a memorial and I'm trying to get another job with the company and it have great benefits and the employee are a team players
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Consistant and heavy work load
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 18, 2016
Working here was a good place as far as it being family oriented. A lot of turn over and lay-offs is the bad thing. Not enough advancement among the ranks. No room to grow.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
No room for advancement
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 26, 2016
Worked in multiple departments, started in Neuro Trauma ICU until unit merged with ICU. Take complete care of two (2) patients for 12 hour shift. Including transport of patients to tests and X-rays.

ER- Incoming patients from helicopter and assessment as part of the trauma team, IV establishment, Central Lines, EKG's Respiratory Therapy. Radio Communication with ambulances giving direction as to treatment.

Only reason I left was my husband wanted to retire in Nevada
Pros
excellant place to work
great work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 14, 2016
Working here is what inspired me to further my education and become a nurse. It's a great place for student to work and learn and build good bonds with the residents. Good hours and decent pay.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
no room for advancement
Good place to work when I was there
Patient transport Team leader (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 28, 2016
Arrive at work, sign in, get beeper set up, go about your day. Find patients, verify their identify and transport them to where they need to go. They have a new manager now, so I am not a good current resource.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
the push for # of runs per month
Great Place to work
Licensed practical nurse (Acute Dialysis Unit) (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 15, 2016
It feel like management is supportive of staff. My coworkers are the best and everyone is always willing to lend a hand to help.
Excellent place to work with very kind co-workers
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 28, 2016
I wasn't at Memorial long (due to personal reasons), but when I worked there everyone was more than kind to me and I loved working there. A typical day was very mild-mannered and pleasant, which is nice when you're working. My manager was absolutely wonderful and most of the co-workers were great as well. The hardest part of the job is really hard to say, because I really enjoyed the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere; it was a happy atmosphere while you worked, which is rare and nice.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and management; great health benefits.
Cons
I honestly cannot think of any!
Mixed feelings about employer
Invasive Cardiac Catheterization Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAFebruary 1, 2016
I feel the need to note that my review was prior to Duke Lifepoint's acquisition of Memorial Medical Center. I do not have knowledge of the conditions after the acquisition.
The hours were unfortunately uncertain with length of hours and days. For example, an 8 hour day is not guaranteed to be 8 hours but can be forced to stay for any length of time.
Unable to adequately resolve issues through management.
There was a large turnover of employees making it difficult to train be consistent.
The pay scale was extremely competitive with other hospitals as well as yearly increases.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hours uncertain, Management reliabiltiy
Great working environment
Patient Check-In Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 28, 2015
My job as a Patient Check-In clerk was pretty easy. My duties were to check in each individual and insert their information into our systems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.