Memorial Medical Center

Memorial Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

a typical day at work..
Outpatient Coding Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMNovember 26, 2014
Pros: the coworkers
Cons: health only at the facility where you are employed
The co-workers make the atmosphere enjoyable, and the team work is effective.
Good company
Sodexo GM/Director (Current Employee), Lufkin, TXNovember 11, 2014
Sodexo is a good company to work for.They have some of the best people in our industry.
A nice community hospital
Registered Nurse, Medical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee), Springfield, ILNovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: short breaks, lack of support staff
My first real RN job was at MMC. It was the perfect starter job for me. My work environment was awesome, I couldn't have asked for better co-workers. People are team players and obviously care about the patients. I learned so much about critical care medicine. The draw back for me was the management lack of hiring enough appropriate people to fulfill obvious positions to help ease the over worked nurses.
great teamwork
Registered Nursen- Emergency Department (Current Employee), Modesto, CAOctober 24, 2014
good place to work, staff works well together as a team, ability to advance
Productive Workplace
Glenda Concepcion, Nurse Department Manager (Current Employee), Modesto, CAOctober 20, 2014
Workplace was productive and the management team was great to work with. The Balance between co-workers and myself was very active. The communication with all on the department was easy and effective. I enjoy every aspect of my job.
n/a
Regristration (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 13, 2014
I love working for Memorial Medical Center because I love meeting people, helping, and most of all making people feel better.
excellent work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Ashland, WIOctober 9, 2014
excellent hospital for patients and employees alike. They encourage growth and development as well as are very supportive and understanding. Overall, a great place to work
Pros and Cons
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Modesto, CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great employees, room for movement within the company
Cons: only variable, benefits lacking, upper management awful
only hiring variable. They switch employees back and forth days and nights.
Memorial was one of the best hospitals to work at in New Orleans
Instrument Technician (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: memorial offered me flexibility because of my family life
Cons: i came from a culture that was on a higher pay scale and advanced technology
I worked at Memorial part time, it was a good place to work
i enjoyed the staff,
A very busy, fun place to work with great people.
xray tech assistant (Former Employee), Springfield IllinoisAugust 14, 2014
Pros: paid time off. cafeteria. management. pay raises and room for advancement.
Cons: short breaks. long hours if necessary.
I would be extremely busy helping patients, nurses, doctors, radiologist, and technologist. It was very enjoyable but extremely busy. I learned patient care, cpr, xray and ct, trauma and er protocol, and people skills. My management were amazing. Co-workers were extremely nice. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the stress of Trauma, and handling situations with extreme caution. The best part of the job was helping people, meeting people, and the Paid Time Off that was available.
recommend
Acute Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: on -call time
I gained alot of experience. would recommend working here. Allowed of independant work
Registered Nurse, Trauma Nurse Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 10, 2014
Memorial is a great place to work. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Most of my co-workers are fantastic especially on night shift. It is a very busy hospital with usually a very high census.
This hospital was pretty good all around
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 5, 2014
I gained more experience in an in-patient/out-patient setting and learned how to do other tasks like faxing results to Dr offices upon request.
exciting place to work,life experience,postive work enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 28, 2014
a typical day at the hospital,was what happened the night before and during days off.learning new and xciting things about the different duties peformed by different departments.i can say that management was verry positive and respectfull to its employees,great communication and positive work enviorment.the hardest part of the job was not letting peoples affection bother you.i really enjoyed talking with the public and assisting in any way possible while being professional at the same time.
Great benefits
Phlebotomist III / Processor (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 23, 2014
The benefits are really good at Memorial. The lab is almost always short staffed so time off requests must be put in in advance. Once the schedule is up it's really hard to get a day or time off for an emergency.
I love ICU nusring
Intensive care bedside RN (Former Employee), Johnstown PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: schedules, salary, alot of experience
Cons: management
Excellent ICU. Very poor management. A lot of management favoritism.
Great staff, dedicated to working as a team with management support
ICU nurse (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 9, 2014
I have very much enjoyed working at MMC. The environment is geared towards always advancing knowledge as well as application of knowledge on a daily basis. The one thing I can say the staff at MMC has taught me is that nursing is 24 hour care, not one shift is responsible for taking care of every single aspect of nursing care, it is a collaborative effort. I enjoy coming to work everyday, knowing that I can rely on my coworkers for anything I may need. The hardest part of ICU care from my perspective is seeing people back in the ICU again and again and continuing to not care for themselves. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing people leave the ICU after being extremely ill, and recovering from life threatening illnesses.
Strong commitment in providing quality patient care.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 16, 2014
Enjoyed working with employees from all patient care units. Strong team work with each dept.
I loved all the nurses and patients.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 16, 2014
Pros: i loved my job. everyone was wonderful to work with.
Cons: we never had the supplies we needed for the job we had to do.
I would go get my cart and stock it for the day. Go to the floor I was to clean empty rooms on and wait for a page on my pager. When a patient went home I would clean all the trash away and dirty laundry and clean the room and put clean everything back.
retirement parties
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 13, 2014
Cons: working twelve hours a day for such a small wage was exhausting
The most enjoyable part of the job was preparing meals for the patient and serving them.

About Memorial Medical Center

Memorial Hermann, a not-for-profit health care system, provides quality, comprehensive programs and services for a person's whole – Read more

Memorial Medical Center Salaries