Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Overall a supportive company to work for.
Case Manager - Float, ED/Case Manager Specialist (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Responsible for a daily assignment of patients who require post acute placement. Daily follow up w/ patients/family and Case Manager for expected discharge and clinical needs upon discharge. Provided education to patients/families on process involved for post acute placement, cost, time etc.
An enjoyable work experience
LPN (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: education, flexibility
Wonderful workplace, full of wonderful and staff and excellent resources. The doctors were very pleasant and respectful. A great educational experience.
A great place to work.
Radiologic Technologist Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Memorial was a GREAT place to work. It was great helping people. A typical day in the ER was hectic however, it was awesome. Constantly busy. Constantly walking. It was great learning about what goes on in a health care facility.
Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 1, 2015
As a unit secretary I was in charge of answering patient's call lights, the phone, putting patient's orders into the computer, keeping the front desk organized and also help nurses and other staff when – more... needed. I learned how to manage multiple tasks at once and how to prioritize tasks. The most difficult part of the job was learning how to multi task, especially when critical situations were happening. The staff that I worked with made everyday enjoyable and they were always there when someone needed them. – less
MMC
LVN Nurse (Former Employee), Lufkin, TxDecember 24, 2014
An enjoyable place to be an LVN. Patients are everything. Overall great experience to further my effectiveness as a nurse.
Wonderful atmosphere, very helpful sonographers
Clinical Sonography Student (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMDecember 17, 2014
Pros: sociable, helpful sonographers. enjoyed coming here.
Cons: they are not hiring at the moment.
The sonographers helped me to learn valuable scanning techniques and were very sociable, approachable individuals. I learned a great deal here.
Nice Place to work
Health Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 14, 2014
Pros: supervisor is understanding and supportive
Cons: sometimes break doesn't get taken
Busy throughly enjoy working here been here for 8mos very fast pace and quite a learning experience
fun and exciting enviornment
O.R. Scheduling Secretary (Former Employee), Modesto, CADecember 8, 2014
I enjoyed my job and working with the doctors and co-workers. It never felt like work to me. Just doing what i love which is helping people. The Managers always made me feel important.
a typical day at work..
Outpatient Coding Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMNovember 26, 2014
Pros: the coworkers
Cons: health only at the facility where you are employed
The co-workers make the atmosphere enjoyable, and the team work is effective.
Good company
Sodexo GM/Director (Current Employee), Lufkin, TXNovember 11, 2014
Sodexo is a good company to work for.They have some of the best people in our industry.
A nice community hospital
Registered Nurse, Medical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee), Springfield, ILNovember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: short breaks, lack of support staff
My first real RN job was at MMC. It was the perfect starter job for me. My work environment was awesome, I couldn't have asked for better co-workers. People are team players and obviously care about the – more... patients. I learned so much about critical care medicine. The draw back for me was the management lack of hiring enough appropriate people to fulfill obvious positions to help ease the over worked nurses. – less
great teamwork
Registered Nursen- Emergency Department (Current Employee), Modesto, CAOctober 24, 2014
good place to work, staff works well together as a team, ability to advance
Productive Workplace
Glenda Concepcion, Nurse Department Manager (Current Employee), Modesto, CAOctober 20, 2014
Workplace was productive and the management team was great to work with. The Balance between co-workers and myself was very active. The communication with all on the department was easy and effective. I enjoy every aspect of my job.
n/a
Regristration (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 13, 2014
I love working for Memorial Medical Center because I love meeting people, helping, and most of all making people feel better.
excellent work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Ashland, WIOctober 9, 2014
excellent hospital for patients and employees alike. They encourage growth and development as well as are very supportive and understanding. Overall, a great place to work
Pros and Cons
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Modesto, CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great employees, room for movement within the company
Cons: only variable, benefits lacking, upper management awful
only hiring variable. They switch employees back and forth days and nights.
Memorial was one of the best hospitals to work at in New Orleans
Instrument Technician (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: memorial offered me flexibility because of my family life
Cons: i came from a culture that was on a higher pay scale and advanced technology
I worked at Memorial part time, it was a good place to work
i enjoyed the staff,
A very busy, fun place to work with great people.
xray tech assistant (Former Employee), Springfield IllinoisAugust 14, 2014
Pros: paid time off. cafeteria. management. pay raises and room for advancement.
Cons: short breaks. long hours if necessary.
I would be extremely busy helping patients, nurses, doctors, radiologist, and technologist. It was very enjoyable but extremely busy. I learned patient care, cpr, xray and ct, trauma and er protocol, and – more... people skills. My management were amazing. Co-workers were extremely nice. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the stress of Trauma, and handling situations with extreme caution. The best part of the job was helping people, meeting people, and the Paid Time Off that was available. – less
recommend
Acute Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: on -call time
I gained alot of experience. would recommend working here. Allowed of independant work
Registered Nurse, Trauma Nurse Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 10, 2014
Memorial is a great place to work. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Most of my co-workers are fantastic especially on night shift. It is a very busy hospital with usually a very high census.