Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

it was a great place to work
Staff Nurse, Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 20, 2017
I worked in the ER as a staff RN and absoluletly loved the work and the staff. It was one of the best places I have ever worked. Some of the best people I have ever met.
Prductive
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 14, 2017
Again, great people to work with and great job. I left and came back. One of the best jobs that I have had. Great place to work. Parking could be better though.
Pros
Peopel
Cons
Parking
Lunch Breaks were fun because we were always partner together.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 14, 2017
I had a great experience and great coworkers. We were always helping one another never letting anyone fall behind. I loved my job and the people,patients.
Pros
Supervisor who listen to all staff
Cons
wasn't diverse enough in higher paying positions
great place to learn new things
Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 6, 2017
This position was a fun, challenging position where I learned new things every day. It was very fulfilling to help patients get on the transplant list and have a chance at a new life.
Pros
great learning enviornment
Cons
management
Horrible place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 6, 2017
Didn't learn much from the job. Upper management was horrible and would never take care of anything that was brought to their attention. On the bright side the enjoyable part of the job was working over some great staff members.
stressful
Patient Accounting (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 6, 2017
after Duke there was no longer a friendly atmosphere everything become cut throat. there was no longer any team work and you were not allowed to have an opinion
benefits
Cons
management
great place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 6, 2017
irst, they provide services to an underserved and marginalized population. Working with the clients is rewarding. its great place to work. The doctors are great.
Productive, educational, experience building
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 3, 2017
I loved my position for several reasons. Extremely rewarding and was able to display and utilize my compassion for the common wealth of man and their wellbeing. I gained more than I could have given from this experience in life.
Pros
Self fulfillment and care for patients
Cons
Difficult to walk away from certain situations in this field
Excellent setting for skill building and gaining experience
Charge Nurse Labor & Delivery (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 3, 2017
Hospital setting for RNs is a major benefit to gain skills and grow ine experience by learning new techniques, changes in medical interventions and innovative procedures
Labor and delivery very satisfying and a unique skill level-laboring patients are 2 patients, mother and baby that both require individual services for the best outcome in the same setting
Hospital is pleasant and has good intentions
Patient Financial Services/Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 18, 2017
I feel Memorial is a great hospital. The issue is them finding and keeping help due to the work load and being short staffed. The department I worked in was not a good fit for me but overall the hospital seems like a great place.
Excellent
Admissions/HR Assistant/HomeCare Billing Mgr (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXMay 17, 2017
The departments I worked in were well managed and good hours. Learned a lot about medical procedures. Opportunites to transfer to other departments and gain knowledge for job security.
Pros
Excellent benefits and work hours
Cons
Not sure after change in ownership
it was a very nice place to work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 17, 2017
it was a great place to work there you always get to learn something new each day. I loved it was a great work place, enjoyed the people and what I learned and they always got good people always greeting you with smiles on there face its just a nice place to work.
Great place
Phlebotomist 2 (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 17, 2017
The atmosphere was great, working with diverse people was awesome. The working hours were fabulous and the only thing that i would change would be the pay rate.
Productive workplace. Good communication
Case Manager prn (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 15, 2017
I work the weekends doing discharge planning. Planning on discharge on weekends is challenging due to some places are closed but follow up on the weekdays by communicating with the M-F discharge planners. I like because it is challenging and rewarding when I fine placement.
Pros
good help
Cons
cafeteria is closed. have to order out
great work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 12, 2017
this atmosphere promotes learning and teamwork. there are always classes available . and the ability to work other units for new work experiences. lots of fun
RS Ambassador is a easy jobs.
RS Ambassador / Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 12, 2017
I worked afternoons. I would get there at 2 pm. I did evening snacks. I delivered meal carts and food trays. I stayed busy until 6 pm. I went on my break. I ate and went to pick up dirty carts. I washed dishes with two other people. I put things up. I clock out.
Pros
friendly work place
Cons
Working for a difficult suppervisor
Great patient care. Great place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 9, 2017
Earn good money by working hard taking care of patients.
Most employee are great to work with and it is the best hospital around central Illinois. I would not go anywhere else if it was my family.
Preofessional place to work
Communications and Data Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time with everyone. Very professional. Extensive training for new positions. Friendly staff and professionals. I would return to this place of employment.
Best Place in Johnstown
Emergency Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 29, 2017
Made it back into the fold! Flexibility is key- compensation is well, the perks are awesome with the continuing education and different seminars they have that you can attend for free.

Educational reimbursement is awesome as well.
Pros
Flexibility in schedules, dress code is whatever scrubs you want, lunches
Cons
Lunches are expensive and parking sucks
Good Place
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 23, 2017
I enjoyed what I was doing for the company but I was not a fan of being treated like an object. Some days were better than others but most were the same. The paychecks were nice but not really worth the treatment.