Memorial Medical Center

Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Amazing people, horrible bosses
Room Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 23, 2015
Memorial is where I met some of the best people I know and where I found a love for helping people. A typical day at work is taking patients their meals, making their trays, or working in the dishroom. Working in the dishroom was by far the best part because you could listen to music and time went by much quicker. Running trays to patients was the worst because you were all over a huge hospital and sometimes (most of the time) patients were very rude and didn't want anything to do with you. On the other hand, it made my day/night when I would go into a patients room and they would talk my ear off or nearly jump out of bed because they were so happy to see food. Their were definitely more pros than cons but I couldn't handle the management.
Pros
Multiple breaks, fun people/atmosphere
Cons
Horrible boss, expensive lunch that came out of check, labor intensive
Med tech at a trauma center
Registered Chemist (Former Employee) –  Morgan avenue, Corpus Christi, TexasSeptember 21, 2015
DO ;lab tests. dedication to help save lives. time management , especially the emergencies. Good hard working coworkers.
the loos of life as mentioned in the Biology section.
To help save lives.
Registered Nurse/Assisted Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 14, 2015
I am currently working with this employer. Management team is wonderful, staffing ratios are in place for California, coworkers are excellent and assist when needed. I enjoy caring for the Med-Surgical patients and giving quality care.
Pros
Teamwork/Career Advance/Staffing ratios
Cons
Floating when census is low
Productive place to work
UNIT CLERK (Current Employee) –  SPRINGFIELD, ILAugust 25, 2015
A typical work day is answering phones, paging traumas, on call doctors, I've learned to have compassion, when dealing with patients, and family. Management that I work with are very strong, and very knowlegiable of procedures, that are needed in er. My co workers and I have to work as a unit to succeed in work place. The hardest part of my job, is to listen at all times and be aware of all this around you. The most enjoyable part of my job is when patient gives thanks for you helping them.
Pros
KNOWLEGE OF CERTIN PROCEDURES
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, SOMETIMES NO LUCHES
fun work place
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 5, 2015
Serving your community as best as you can and doing it with compassion and pride being on-call is hard on you and family but love working for this place
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 19, 2015
Memorial is truly a great place to work. I am happy that I have the chance to work are a great group of people. I have a wonderful manger and supervisor that are willing to help me become more efficient and productive in my work.
A large facility with many opportunities
Nurse Manager, Medical/Surgical Department (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 20, 2015
The facility provided extensive on the job training for all new employees as well as ongoing education for current employees.
Pros
Fair management
Cons
Poor parking
We worked in the cool.
Orderly (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 8, 2015
Cleaned the operating rooms before and after operations.Transported patients to and from the operating rooms.Learned about sterility.The hardest part of the job was being on call nights and weekends.The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving early.
Pros
We had paid holidays and sick leave.
memorial medical center had a freindly environment.
Lead CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 13, 2015
Friendly environment and very professional staff. The Memorial Medical Center facility was very modern and clean. The physicians were top notch.
Cath Lab staff review
Interim Manager Cath Lab, IR and GI Lab (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 28, 2015
One of the best assets of this hospital is the quality of the Cardiac Cath Lab, IR Lab, GI Lab and the post procedure area. The hospital is conservative when asked to implement new technology, but has a very strong focus on safety.
Pros
The hospital is very focused on safety
Great learning experience but not a good fit for me.
Oncology Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 15, 2015
Working at Memorial was a great learning experience. However, the job wasn't what I expected. Ultimately, I decided it was not a good fit for me and I resigned.
Pros
Working with patients and patient records.
Cons
Low morale
Friendly people and a great hospital.
Volunteer Patient Services (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 15, 2015
I love working at Memorial Medical Center as a volunteer at Patient Services. I worked in the reception desk by the lobby of the hospital.
Pros
We get free food and the people that I worked with are very friendly.
Cons
Short breaks.
I great place to work for.
Warehouse Delivery Support (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 13, 2015
The work environment was sometimes fast and busy but had some down time to catch your breath and get ready for the next wave of busy time.

The atmosphere was great and many people made it a fun experience to work there.
Lots of room for advancement, friendly management
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 9, 2015
A busy and growing company yet still has a friendly atmosphere. Constantly willing to work around different schedules as needed. Positive and productive work environment.
Pros
Work/Life balance, knowledgeable and friendly staff
Cons
Wages could be higher
Gained more inperience in the healthcare industry
Education Coordinator/Staff Educator (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 7, 2015
Within my 8 year employment at MMC, I gained experience and was promoted to higher positions. During my employment I received my BA in Business Management & Human Resource Management that allowed me to land a Human Resource Specialist position at La Clinica De Familia.
Pros
Pay and compensation was great
Cons
low moral
not too productive
unit clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 1, 2015
mmc has become a difficult place to work at. too many changes that havent been favorable to me. management is not staff friendly.
Great Environment, Great People
Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 31, 2015
Constant work flow, don't have to worry about getting bored. Great work environment to work in. Great co-workers. Supervisors were very understanding and great to work with.
Department management needs change
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 30, 2015
Although I liked Memorial Medical Center's overall atmosphere and ideals, the department I worked in was very different. The overall atmosphere was one of anxiety and fear and I could feel the tension from the moment I walked in the department. After being asked to start up services in the ED and being told they knew nothing about what a pharmacists role should be in that department, I started realizing there were issues that needed to be addressed in order to improve patient care. When these were brought to management's attention, they were viewed as personal accusations and not areas of improvement. Other pharmacists in the department said that they are not allowed to have a suggestion for improvement or point out a problem without retribution. If you plan to take a position in the pharmacy, be sure to agree with the management at all times. Otherwise, you will be blacklisted.
Pros
non-management staff; other departments
Cons
feeling of walking on eggshells; no opportunity to voice issues without repurcutions.
productive and fun work place.
Patient Access Representative III/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 28, 2015
A very nice place to work the people are friendly and the supervisor was very informative. we got along like family and friends. everyone worked together to get the job done without anyone telling them that the work need to be done.
Pros
productive
Level I Trauma Center ER
ER Registered Nurse II, Level I Trauma Center (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 13, 2015
This was my first position as a new RN. The experiences I received during my time here as a tech and an RN are incomparable. There was never a "typical" day down in the ER. Every day was something new, exciting and fast paced. Management was always open to hear any comments or suggestions from staff. My team was amazing. I have never worked with more caring people who always helped out when needed and not only on a professional level but on a personal one as well. The hardest part of the job was the constant shortage of staff and high influx of patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of critical patients.
Pros
taking care of very sick patients
Cons
very little down time, rushing to eat