Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 13, 2017
Great place to eoek. Great learning environment. I was a brand new nurse and they were very patient a d understanding. Benefits are great one of the best in the Springfield area.
Amazing place to work!
Service Line Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 13, 2017
This was by far the best job I had. I loved the work, the people, and I never got bored. The management and workplace culture were suburb. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I wish I didn't have to leave.
I love working here
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  Petersburg, ILApril 12, 2017
The best part of my job is easing patients fears and worries. I try to make their visit to the Dr as pleasant as I possibly can. I believe in treating everyone as I would like to be treated and truly do care about my patients.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAApril 11, 2017
Memorial Medical Center is a good place to work. I learned a lot there as a new RN. Very good preceptor, would consider going back if right opportunity.
Pros
education
not a summary
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 7, 2017
I never worked at Memorial Hermann Medical group. I worked at Memorial Medical Center in Springfield, IL. this is a flaw that needs fixed Indeed Company
Job satisfaction
Central Sterile Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 6, 2017
I have learned a lot at my current job and thank them for all of the new experiences I have been given. I would like to further my career and be a consultant in the future.
Dynamic environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 3, 2017
Memorial Medical Center had great supports and resources. Unfortunately, my direct manager was absent frequently and did not address legitimate concerns brought to her attention. MMC is a beautiful facility with tremendous supports for patients.
Pros
Benefits; Resources
Cons
Long hours; Lack of management support
good
Registered Nurse, Neurosurgery/Microsurgery (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 23, 2017
This job was a good research position in which I learned a lot. It taught me academia and public programming al at once. great training ground for a new graduate.
So So
System analysts II \PCT (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 21, 2017
Its a good company over all to work for but as for advancement.. the only way you can do that is if your related to someone and they are in higher management. After 10 years I have learned a lot. The staffing that are under directors are great hard working team loving individuals. They don't ever get recognized for there work by HR.

The hardest part of the job is getting more than 1% raises

The most enjoyable part is seeing all the great team work in play and how it positiply effects the patients we work with.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
unable to discuse
Decent place to work in terms of culture
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 7, 2017
I work with patients, families, and staff, providing pastoral care. Management is decent, but hamstrung by budgeting issues. Workplace culture is generally positive. Hardest part of the job is being called in at 3 in the morning. Most enjoyable part is to opportunity to practice ministry.
Pros
Opportunity to minister
Cons
Compensation is an insult to training and experience
great
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 23, 2017
Great company. I love this company with respect to the individual people and services it provides. I would recommend this company to anyone interested in being around various people with various backgrounds. I don't have any negatives to say about this company. Great to be apart of this team.
The job was interesting, cooking for so many people.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CA 95350February 21, 2017
A Typical day at work consisted of preparing and cooking for 200-300 people per day. I learned the skill of cooking for large numbers of people. The management team was adequate.
I completed cat scans, mammography, ultrasounds, and radiographic examinations.
Radiologic Technologist and sonographer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 1, 2017
The best part about the Navy was the people that I worked with and the patients. I may have a patient from somewhere different in the world everyday. I was able to learn about several different cultures that enabled me to understand how to better handle patients that did not speak english.
Pros
Everything was execellent!
Cons
The long hours required to meet all of the required training.
Amazing hospital to work for
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Its a very busy, fast paced level 2 trauma center. We see all walks of life, the management is very professional and fair.The co workers all work together fairly. It is very busy all the time, but is very rewarding.Patients, friends and family always seem to be grateful regardless of the outcome
Service Service Service
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 4, 2017
There are more scenarios to count! When working in hospital community you can expect everything all at once and at a sporadic pace! I have learned that you can do you best just keep going, listen and work as a team player. When collaborating with management and coworkers there are many expectations and interpretation, but all in all stay abreast with new policies and expectation and remember to serve with excellence and care. The most rewarding part of this job was taking a tragic situation and providing peace and comfort in near impossible circumstances.
Productive workplace
Patient Representative I (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 1, 2017
No advancement promotion. no leadership skills, management. Workplace workload good. Poor training, no professional training just on the job tactics
Cons
No advancement
Opportunity to learn new medical procedures and techniques and utilize them as I learned the procedure and/or techniques
STAR (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 28, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the patients,staff, and co-workers. Great support and we enjoyed working together, even when the times got tough, we would pull together as a team and get the job done, the utmost joy was seeing the things in which we had done for the patients, the patient and family satisfaction was what made it all worth while.
The hardest part of my job was seeing those patients who were very sick, mostly the cancer patients, seeing the amount of suffering and the passing away of patients whom I had grown close to.
Pros
Great co-workers and staff, great job helping others
Cons
Seeing patients suffer and the passing away of those whom I grew close to.
Memorial
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 21, 2016
It really is a great place to work. I have no complaints. It is what you make it upon entry. My management staff in the pharmacy was one of the best management teams I've ever dealt with in my working life.
It's a great place to work if you want a future in healthcare!
Room Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 7, 2016
You see a lot in the hospital, but for me personally, I want a job i healthcare so it was a good way to get my foot in the hospital and find out if it's truly what I want. The people are nice and focused on their job and the pay is great.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 6, 2016
Work 0500-1330 M-F
I have learned to work with many different personalities.
To work along side my managers and be able to work without being told what to do.
The hardest part of the job is seeing patients who are sick. The most enjoyable is seeing patients who make it through their sickness.