Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great working environment
Patient Check-In Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 28, 2015
My job as a Patient Check-In clerk was pretty easy. My duties were to check in each individual and insert their information into our systems.
A work day
Scheduler surgeries (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 10, 2015
Sometimes busy sometimes very slow...learned as much as what I had to learn. To many chiefs, one co-worker ready to retired. The hardest part of the job is not having anything to do.
Pros
30 minutes of lunch, not free
Cons
health insurance to expensive, no discount for employees on services
Registered Nurse - ER/Trauma (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 13, 2014
MMC ER Dept was a very clique" department. It was a good department, but too High schoolish from management down.
The one good thing I can say is that USUALLY if you needed help and you happen to be working one of those "shifts" The adults helped each other out.
Pros
Great training and experience
Cons
Too high schoolish from the staff
Great place to work!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 3, 2014
Love my job, i can only hope to exceed and improve, typical day starts at 3 am and i get rounds doctors put in orders and expect them drawn and tested by 7 am. Usually from 3 am to 7 am i draw on over 20 people. After rounds the rest of my shift i draw on various amount of patients depending on the day. All of my co-workers Are very helpful.
Pros
401k match
Cons
short staff
Family environment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 1, 2014
A typical day could vary. So many different areas to work in the hospital. I learned to time manage and make decisions quickly.Management supported autonomy to the therapist which I enjoyed.My co workers were all skilled healthcare professionals who put patient care above all else. The hardest part of the job was sometime prioritizing patients.The most enjoyable was that it was always busy.
Lots of room for advancement, friendly management
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 9, 2015
A busy and growing company yet still has a friendly atmosphere. Constantly willing to work around different schedules as needed. Positive and productive work environment.
Pros
Work/Life balance, knowledgeable and friendly staff
Cons
Wages could be higher
A large facility with many opportunities
Nurse Manager, Medical/Surgical Department (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJune 20, 2015
The facility provided extensive on the job training for all new employees as well as ongoing education for current employees.
Pros
Fair management
Cons
Poor parking
Stable Employment
NURSE ONE (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 3, 2015
Great stability; however the family / work balance is non-existent. It's a great environment to work in if one handle's stress well. The balance between family life and work life could greatly improvement. The fluctuating hours make it very hard to be productive and active in family affairs.
Pros
Family Environment
Cons
Fluctuating Hours
Memorial was one of the best hospitals to work at in New Orleans
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 14, 2014
I worked at Memorial part time, it was a good place to work
i enjoyed the staff,
Pros
Memorial offered me flexibility because of my family life
Cons
I came from a culture that was on a higher pay scale and advanced technology
Enjoyed my job learn a lot of informative information.
Business Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 27, 2012
Management was not very helpful and didn't want to assits with training and helping employee's get the job done.Overall I like the job and I learn a lot from hands on experience.
Pros
great place to work and great co-workers.
Cons
management did not represent the company well.
Good place for advancment
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 10, 2015
So many great opportunities. They help with schooling. You can job shadow if you dont know what career path you want to take. you get paid time off/ sick time. you also get vacation days.
registration
ER REGISTRATION/INSRUANCE VERIFICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 7, 2015
Entering data into the system updating patient charts. and verifying insurance, making coping of ins. card and Id scanning them into system.
Pros
free lunch sometime
Cons
short lunch break
Productive Workplace
Glenda Concepcion, Nurse Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 20, 2014
Workplace was productive and the management team was great to work with. The Balance between co-workers and myself was very active. The communication with all on the department was easy and effective. I enjoy every aspect of my job.
Goal oriented Patient first environment
CVICU Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 31, 2012
Memorials focus really is on the patient. With this main focus in mind, EVERYONE from the doctors to the housekeepers work well together to make sure the PATIENT is always number one. They also encourage self improvement and career advancement. Absolutely a wonderful place to work.
Loved the atmosphere and my department I worked in. Great employees and great place to start a career.
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Springfield ILFebruary 17, 2014
Great place to work! loved the atmosphere and people and they also had great benefits.
Great enviornment with positive co-workers.
Cardiology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 3, 2014
Patient care, teamwork, and high professional standards were above all else. Worked with a great staff of nurses and doctors to help diagnose patients. Usually worked 12-hour shifts.
Pros
Positive enviornment, great people, flexible schedule
Cons
long hours of no patients
A facility I want to be at if I am sick
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 4, 2014
At the time of my employment the "teaching" enviroment was a gift for a young woman with a young family and I am still grateful for all the education I was allowed because of them
Benefits
Cons
again..my personal con is having moved out of state
Great staff, dedicated to working as a team with management support
ICU nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 9, 2014
I have very much enjoyed working at MMC. The environment is geared towards always advancing knowledge as well as application of knowledge on a daily basis. The one thing I can say the staff at MMC has taught me is that nursing is 24 hour care, not one shift is responsible for taking care of every single aspect of nursing care, it is a collaborative effort. I enjoy coming to work everyday, knowing that I can rely on my coworkers for anything I may need. The hardest part of ICU care from my perspective is seeing people back in the ICU again and again and continuing to not care for themselves. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing people leave the ICU after being extremely ill, and recovering from life threatening illnesses.
Professional, business oriented work place with great co workers
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 8, 2014
A day at work for me is usually unpredictable it could be slow paced or fast paced it all depends on the patient's plan of care. I've learned alot the 6 years i've worked in healthcare. I've learned how to adapt in any situation and complete deadlines in a timely manner. From helping family cope with the loss or recovery of a family member to assisting the public, and my unit with great clerical skills. I've been exposed to alot. My coworkers are wonderful almost all the time. I really don't have a hard job I believe anything can be fixed or worked out. The most enjoyable part would be to see the smiles on the patients face and watching the recovery process. Being able tio assist others as well
Pros
Breaks, Flexible
Cons
NA
Wonderful place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ludington, MichiganSeptember 18, 2012
My co-workers are great! We work together as a team to make sure all patients get the best possible care. I enjoy going to work each day.
Pros
location
Cons
smaller hospital, limited room for advancement within departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.