Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good place to work when I was there
Patient transport Team leader (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 28, 2016
Arrive at work, sign in, get beeper set up, go about your day. Find patients, verify their identify and transport them to where they need to go. They have a new manager now, so I am not a good current resource.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
the push for # of runs per month
Great Place to work
Licensed practical nurse (Acute Dialysis Unit) (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 15, 2016
It feel like management is supportive of staff. My coworkers are the best and everyone is always willing to lend a hand to help.
Excellent place to work with very kind co-workers
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 28, 2016
I wasn't at Memorial long (due to personal reasons), but when I worked there everyone was more than kind to me and I loved working there. A typical day was very mild-mannered and pleasant, which is nice when you're working. My manager was absolutely wonderful and most of the co-workers were great as well. The hardest part of the job is really hard to say, because I really enjoyed the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere; it was a happy atmosphere while you worked, which is rare and nice.
Pros
Friendly co-workers and management; great health benefits.
Cons
I honestly cannot think of any!
Mixed feelings about employer
Invasive Cardiac Catheterization Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAFebruary 1, 2016
I feel the need to note that my review was prior to Duke Lifepoint's acquisition of Memorial Medical Center. I do not have knowledge of the conditions after the acquisition.
The hours were unfortunately uncertain with length of hours and days. For example, an 8 hour day is not guaranteed to be 8 hours but can be forced to stay for any length of time.
Unable to adequately resolve issues through management.
There was a large turnover of employees making it difficult to train be consistent.
The pay scale was extremely competitive with other hospitals as well as yearly increases.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hours uncertain, Management reliabiltiy
Great working environment
Patient Check-In Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 28, 2015
My job as a Patient Check-In clerk was pretty easy. My duties were to check in each individual and insert their information into our systems.
Productive, positive learning center.
intake/counselor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 16, 2015
Worked in the radiology dept.which was a great place to work. I loved my boss. I enjoyed all my co-workers. Their was no hard part to this job. I really liked it. I simply relocated for more money.
Pros
education
Cons
short breaks, sometimes no lunches
Memorial Medical Center
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PADecember 14, 2015
Patrol campus, write reports, dealing with the public/patients, dealing with out of control civilians/patients, locking/unlocking of bldg's or areas.
Pros
No extras
Cons
Pay rate, no advancement
family atmosphere
rn nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILDecember 14, 2015
Promotions are pre-destined; many are looked over with experience for family members. Hence, the family atmosphere.
Benefits
Cons
Chosen few can advance
Memorial Baptist
RN, Surgery (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 1, 2015
Baptist Hospital was a fantastic place to work and go as a patient. The employees and management cared about all the details to ensure everyone was taken care of properly. Staff and providers worked well together.
Friendly co-workers, change in management, and learned many new skills.
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 25, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and co-workers. I learned so many skills there. A change in management and a lot of unhappy people. Yet the workers tried to keep up their spirit and speak up about their concerns.
A work day
Scheduler surgeries (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 10, 2015
Sometimes busy sometimes very slow...learned as much as what I had to learn. To many chiefs, one co-worker ready to retired. The hardest part of the job is not having anything to do.
Pros
30 minutes of lunch, not free
Cons
health insurance to expensive, no discount for employees on services
Good workplace with supportive management
Case management/ Utilization review nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2015
Busy workplace doing 25 to 35 medical reviews a day. Very supportive manager. Helpful coworkers- work well as a team as well as individually. Hardest part of job was dealing with insurance denials. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing medical reviews and increasing my knowledge of different disease processes and treatments. I also enjoyed working with my colleges as part of a utilization review team.
Pros
Suuportive work environment
Cons
Case Management office over staffed with recent layoffs due to budget cuts.
registration
ER REGISTRATION/INSRUANCE VERIFICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 7, 2015
Entering data into the system updating patient charts. and verifying insurance, making coping of ins. card and Id scanning them into system.
Pros
free lunch sometime
Cons
short lunch break
Mmc rn er
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 5, 2015
I worked nights 7p-7a. We worked with 4 nurses after 3 am every night sometimes after 11p. There was great teamwork on the night shift. Good benefits.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Night shift is just a hard shift to work
applicant
applicant many many many times (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 29, 2015
Hiring practices are questionable. They do not hire fairly. Many job openings but I receive emails that the job is filled yet every day the same job still says available. Showed up for an interview and the supervisor of the department asked for a rescheduled appointment.
Makes me wonder if I wasnt the right race or the right gender???
Pros
many job openings listed
Cons
Don't hire veterans, people of color, .or people with experience. looking for friends or other employees friends and family to hire.
Amazing people, horrible bosses
Room Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 23, 2015
Memorial is where I met some of the best people I know and where I found a love for helping people. A typical day at work is taking patients their meals, making their trays, or working in the dishroom. Working in the dishroom was by far the best part because you could listen to music and time went by much quicker. Running trays to patients was the worst because you were all over a huge hospital and sometimes (most of the time) patients were very rude and didn't want anything to do with you. On the other hand, it made my day/night when I would go into a patients room and they would talk my ear off or nearly jump out of bed because they were so happy to see food. Their were definitely more pros than cons but I couldn't handle the management.
Pros
Multiple breaks, fun people/atmosphere
Cons
Horrible boss, expensive lunch that came out of check, labor intensive
Med tech at a trauma center
Registered Chemist (Former Employee) –  Morgan avenue, Corpus Christi, TexasSeptember 21, 2015
DO ;lab tests. dedication to help save lives. time management , especially the emergencies. Good hard working coworkers.
the loos of life as mentioned in the Biology section.
To help save lives.
Registered Nurse/Assisted Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 14, 2015
I am currently working with this employer. Management team is wonderful, staffing ratios are in place for California, coworkers are excellent and assist when needed. I enjoy caring for the Med-Surgical patients and giving quality care.
Pros
Teamwork/Career Advance/Staffing ratios
Cons
Floating when census is low
Productive place to work
UNIT CLERK (Current Employee) –  SPRINGFIELD, ILAugust 25, 2015
A typical work day is answering phones, paging traumas, on call doctors, I've learned to have compassion, when dealing with patients, and family. Management that I work with are very strong, and very knowlegiable of procedures, that are needed in er. My co workers and I have to work as a unit to succeed in work place. The hardest part of my job, is to listen at all times and be aware of all this around you. The most enjoyable part of my job is when patient gives thanks for you helping them.
Pros
Knowlege of certin procedures
Cons
Short breaks, Sometimes no luches
fun work place
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 5, 2015
Serving your community as best as you can and doing it with compassion and pride being on-call is hard on you and family but love working for this place