Memorial Medical Center

Memorial Medical Center Employee Reviews

I loved all the nurses and patients.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 16, 2014
I would go get my cart and stock it for the day. Go to the floor I was to clean empty rooms on and wait for a page on my pager. When a patient went home I would clean all the trash away and dirty laundry and clean the room and put clean everything back.
Pros
I loved my job. Everyone was wonderful to work with.
Cons
We never had the supplies we needed for the job we had to do.
retirement parties
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was preparing meals for the patient and serving them.
Cons
working twelve hours a day for such a small wage was exhausting
Good Place to Work
Radiological Technologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 12, 2014
Memorial is a good place to work! They have good benefits and most people are enjoyable to be around. It can be hard at times but any industry has days when it can be difficult.
Welcoming place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Neillsville, WIJune 11, 2014
The people who work there are so great. Everyone knows everyone. Such a small town environment. We're all like a big family. Everyone is so kind and polite. I would recommend anyone to establish care with MMC.
Pros
Surprise jean days on Fridays
Cons
Minimal pay, no over time
Great place to work!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 3, 2014
Love my job, i can only hope to exceed and improve, typical day starts at 3 am and i get rounds doctors put in orders and expect them drawn and tested by 7 am. Usually from 3 am to 7 am i draw on over 20 people. After rounds the rest of my shift i draw on various amount of patients depending on the day. All of my co-workers Are very helpful.
Pros
401k match
Cons
short staff
I love getting up and going into work
Externship (Current Employee) –  Neillsville, WIApril 23, 2014
room patients
give injections, perform EKG's , performed phlebotomy
Fast paced and exciting
Talking with the patients and being concerned for them and seeing a smile on there face.
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 15, 2014
Great learning experience on handling customers needs, the co-workers were great and easy to get along wit.
stable employer
Discharge Coordinator and Activity Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIApril 9, 2014
good place to work. stable employment opportunity. Pay and benefits are competitive and more mid level on the scale.
Caring and fast-paced environment.
LMRP Analyst (Current Employee) –  Springfield, IllinoisApril 8, 2014
This is a great place to work, and everyone helps to foster that! I have learned a lot over the years, and have been very thankful for this opportunity. I really enjoy working with the physician offices.
Productive, team oriented.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 31, 2014
Productive team oriented. Needed equipment, training and support supplied to allow us to do our jobs economically. Earned awards 6 times as the best Patient Accounting office of the Sutter Hospitals.
Good place to work.
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 20, 2014
Work 3- 12 hour days. Gives one the flexibility to pursue other hobbies. There has been a lot of turnover with staff and management in the last few years. Co workers are like family and have to endure ups and downs with this changing environment. Most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in someone's life. Get to save lives for a living and feel blessed to have worked at this organization for as long as I have.
Pros
Save lives in the ER.
Cons
With current position it is hard to move up.
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 2, 2014
good environment manager and co-workers were easy to get a long with
Family environment
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 1, 2014
A typical day could vary. So many different areas to work in the hospital. I learned to time manage and make decisions quickly.Management supported autonomy to the therapist which I enjoyed.My co workers were all skilled healthcare professionals who put patient care above all else. The hardest part of the job was sometime prioritizing patients.The most enjoyable was that it was always busy.
Fun place to work with nice people
Surgical Technologist (Student) (Former Employee) –  Ashland, WIFebruary 27, 2014
Typical surgery center setting with amazing doctors who don't have tempers.
Busy place to work
ICU / Critical Care RN, Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 25, 2014
When I first started at Memorial Medical Center in 2006, it was the place to work in Modesto. Great staff, excellent management who cared about the needs of both staff and patients. The hospital was bought by a large chain in 2007 and began to effect major policy and care changes shortly thereafter.

Typical 12 hour shifts included caring for two patients, either or both could be intubated, sedated, and in isolation. It's a great place to work to get your feet under you and get a handle on your time management skills.

Difficult shifts could be exacerbated by short staffing grids, multiple admissions and transfers, and overly complicated charting software. (and I'm a computer professional)

The people I worked with are solid and willing to help.
Pros
Great coffee bar in house, generous pay and benefits, excellent medical staff and RNs
Cons
Constantly understaffed, frequently missed breaks and lunches, overbearing administration
Great Place.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIFebruary 24, 2014
Nice place to work and good co-workers. My trip was the hardest part of the job.
Loved the atmosphere and my department I worked in. Great employees and great place to start a career.
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Springfield ILFebruary 17, 2014
Great place to work! loved the atmosphere and people and they also had great benefits.
Hospital busy
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 14, 2014
Always busy. Taking care of sick people is a full time job with lots of responsibilities. Make running a part of your work outs because this place is not small and getting places takes some time!
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
few breaks
Registered Nurse - ER/Trauma (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 13, 2014
MMC ER Dept was a very clique" department. It was a good department, but too High schoolish from management down.
The one good thing I can say is that USUALLY if you needed help and you happen to be working one of those "shifts" The adults helped each other out.
Pros
Great training and experience
Cons
Too high schoolish from the staff
A facility I want to be at if I am sick
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 4, 2014
At the time of my employment the "teaching" enviroment was a gift for a young woman with a young family and I am still grateful for all the education I was allowed because of them
Benefits
Cons
again..my personal con is having moved out of state

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.