Memorial Regional Hospital

Memorial Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJune 3, 2015
Pros: Tremendous teamwork
Cons: Open year round
Staff are fabulous. Endless opportunities to excel within the system professionally. Strong support of education in staff and their families. Benefits are great.
Opportunity to learn more than you will ever need to pass RCIS Exam
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great place to learn!
Cons: Clicky
If you're working in South Florida, Memorial Regional Hospital is the place to work. You have every opportunity you can imagine as an RCIS or CVT. You can do Neuro, IR, Peripherals, Pediatrics and basic Cath. Your potential depends on you. Iwould recommend this places 100%, but to you who understand what these words mean, "It is very Clicky". Good Luck and I hope you do what's right for you.
fun place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: fun time
Cons: lunch break great
every one is very great we work together as a family. supervisor is caring loving ,team work . friendly place to work for.
awesome place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMay 13, 2015
Even though I was only volunteering I was treated like an employee. I was respected, and I learned a great deal from all the employees there.
Great Place to Work!!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: Discount lunches for employees
Cons: raises are like 1 and 2% only
A typical day at work : In general I prepare and prioritize my work at the end of the day for the next morning in order to become more organize and productive throughout my day.

My first task in the – more... morning is to look at my "to do list" turn on my computer listen to messages, look at my managers calendar and make sure nothing has changed.

After the above, my normal day begins. Everyday you learn something new and this is an action driven situation. Management and my co-workers are excellent people to work with always, teaming up and putting in a helping hand when needed. TThe most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with patients,family members and physicians. – less
ADMINISTRATOR AND CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLApril 3, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: large organization
Excellent work environment, very favorable compensation package. nice employee benefits package, excellent health plan. a lot of opportunity for growth within the organization
Great place for experience
RN III (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLMarch 16, 2015
Working for a trauma level I hospital has provided with great clinical experience and also being a teaching hospital I have had the opportunity to educate nurses and precept new employees.
exelent place to work and keep on larning
Paramedic (Current Employee), hollywood .floridaMarch 12, 2015
Function as an integral part of the emergency care team during traumas and codes.
 Responsible for triage of new patients to ascertain and record accurate vital signs while reporting any abnormal findings to primary care nurse or charge nurse. Assist nursing staff in gathering information pertinent to the patient’s care including the patient’s physical needs and functional status.
Volunteering
HUMAN RESOURCE REPRESENTATIVE (VOLUNTEER) (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: hard to attain a position with the organization
If your looking to work in the healthcare industry and having difficulty getting a job, volunteering would be a good place to start. The management team helps you attain the skills need for the position.
MRH is a wonderful place to work.
Medical Records Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLNovember 23, 2014
Pros: being rewarded for working hard.
Cons: heavy workload.
A typical day at work includes helping customers retrieve reports. We were trained for customer service. Management allowed us to be self-starters, My-coworkers and myself in different shifts always relayed information within our department. The hardest part of the job was keeping up to date with workload. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers.
It was a great experience .
Social worker (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLNovember 7, 2014
Pros: superiors hard work recognition, good food, clean enviroment .
Cons: smoking areas .
Memorial Regional , felt like home , it was a pleasure to have been able to be part of it for so many years , We were more like a family , we would help each other , not only at a professional level , – more... but like normal regular friends do . my superiors were strict , but caring and very respectful with all of us . The hardes part of my job , was to see one of our patients relapse 3 or 4 times per year , our goal is not to see one of our patients in the hospital for detox ever againg . The most enjoyable part of my job , was to see familys coming back together , have some of our old patients became mentors , and have some of them calling us to let us know that sobriety was the best that ever happen to them .Great feeling to know that we were part of that ! – less
financially stable institution with task oriented goals.
Serving Software Computer Operator (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLNovember 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: occasional weekend coverage
after daily morning tasks and meeting with my supervisor, then I would follow through with the tasks needed to be done that day, as well as anything else that came up.
Very productive
Medical Staff Secretary (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLNovember 2, 2014
MRH is a great place to work. Great Benefits, Fast pace. Just didn't like my boss
Hi
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLOctober 13, 2014
Great company however everyone has to make a decision when the opportunity for advancement is to hard to achieve.
Excellent employer with commitment to its employee
Practice Manager (Current Employee), Hollywood, FlOctober 10, 2014
Pros: committed to its employees
Cons: very low turn over leaves litte room fo advancement
Developed on-boarding skills for bringing on new physician practices. Also developed project management skill.
Busy department
VIR RT (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLOctober 9, 2014
Learned how to do yttrium and chemo procedures. Maintained equipment and procedures log. Worked closely with the neuro physicians and vascular MDs. I was able to learn more about procedures and techniques from the staff.
Memorial Healthcare System is an excellent company to work for
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLSeptember 18, 2014
I am currently happy with my position at Memorial; however, I am looking to advance in different areas. Specifically, I am interested in using my upcoming degree of MSN in education. Opportunities for this are not plentiful currently at Memorial.
The worst social resources/services department ever.
DC, Social Services and Resources (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLAugust 20, 2014
Pros: learned what not to do.
Cons: having to waste my time here.
Professionalism doesn't exist here. What does exist is gossip, lies and trash talking 24/7.

Promotions are based off of who can lie and get away with it the most.

I have never seen anything like it. – more...

Social Work requires special qualities. All lack them here.

And the two women running the department lack so much insight that they cannot see that they have lost their hearts and the hearts of the field.

Great lessons preached. Great lessons not followed. Great lessons lost.

I am saddened and inspired to do better than they.

Otherwise, a wonderful hospital. – less
grate place to work
G4S SECURITY (WAKENHUT) (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLAugust 1, 2014
I work only part time on Saturday and Sunday
Coworkers are very nice to me
I don't see any management personal during the weekend , except my supervisors that are a pleasure to work with. They appreciate – more... me and we work together well as a team .
I do not see any parts of my job being hard, I seeing challenging working with Baker-act patients.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people all the time – less
Family-like atmosphere with co-workers
Staff RN II (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLJuly 21, 2014
A typical day at work includes first receiving a bedside report with Off going nurse, then proceeds to assessments, medication administration, charting, and any necessary intervention throughout the night. – more...
I have learned critical thinking skills, and prioritization of my critical care patients. I have learned how to detect a patient who is on a "downhill slope" and intervene as needed. I have also learned how to manage medication drips such as insulin, cardizem, dopamine, Cardene, etc.
My co-workers and I have a very family like approach to nursing. we are a team.
The hardest part of the job would have to be a grieving family member with a dying patient. Many of our patients sign a DNR form while in our care.
I enjoy making the patient feel relaxed and safe. I try to treat them how I would want my mother to be treated. – less

1 2 3 4

About Memorial Regional Hospital

Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida's largest and most sophisticated hospitals. Located in Hollywood, this hospital opened – Read more

Memorial Regional Hospital Salaries