Memorial Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

days at memorial cathlab
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 16, 2017
some days are ok some days are like a factory. management does not have your back and will let the doctors do elective case at what ever time they want and burn out the call team.
Friendly enviroment. Fast paced
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 20, 2017
Memorial is a good place to grow. The down side to that is its more about who you know, rather than what you know, in everything. Smile in lots of faces and be friendly with everyone. Make sure they remember you. Its just as hard for a present employee to transfer than an outsider.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Very strict attendance policy
Politics
Patient Financial Representative E.R. (Charge) (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 31, 2017
Memorial is who you know in the ranks and that determines your security in the work place. It was however a learning experience for me, dealt with a lot of conflicts.
Diverse workplace with a job for all, just tolerate management
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 31, 2017
Each days varies from a frenzy of people scrambling to fill out their orders to a simple quiet day. There are 3 kinds of people: those who go about their business, those who are friendly, and those who will take advantage of your services.

I worked in the Volunteer section of the hospital and as such most of the jobs you can do are effortless. However, I did work in the In-Patient Pharmacy and that was hard work. It took a few months until I memorized where all the injections, pills, IVs, and others where located. If you want a simple job to fill out community hours I'd recommend the front desk or the gift store. Of course, there are many other jobs that you can do that will give you a sense of helping others.

The only problem I have is the head of the volunteer department. If you can tolerate them, then you'll be fine.
Pros
Free/discounted lunches
Cons
If you are too good at your job others may take advantage of you.
Excellent work environment
Registered Nurse Clinician II: Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 23, 2017
Very busy facility but excellent culture and work environment and leaderships is very supportive and caring for the nurses. The Doctors are also very approachable and kind to fellow staff members. I highly recommend this facility.
One of the best!
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 5, 2017
Top notch hospital. They are good to their employees and this hospital is my first choice to come to as a patient. I trust that I will get the best possible care, without a doubt.
Great work place
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 3, 2017
Working for the memorial healthcare system was a joy. The work environment was structured in order to give optimal patient care. Co - workers got along well with one another, and employees were always recognized for their hard work.
It was a good job but, went down hill.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 3, 2017
The Place had a good culture but since its new CEO, it went down hill .The standards are outrageous and ethics low. They use manipulation on the employees. Its a war zone in the pharmacy. Management encourages pettiness, slander, and micromanagement. The pharmacy Director micromanage the place like its big brother. I have seen new hires quiet on day 1 many times.
Pros
credit union
Cons
micromanage, policy, and culture
PCA (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 2, 2017
I love the people I worked with, the workload expected is a bit much and they don't pay what you are worth. Best rewarding part will always be the patients and there families, they always will remind you how so worth your job is.
Pros
Helps that you can use your badge to pay for your lunches, and it will be deducted on your next pay period.
Cons
short breaks for a 12 hr and sometimes longer shift and the workload is huge.
Productive and fun place of work
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 1, 2017
I was an intern at Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, fl. I had a very educational experience. All the employees were helpful and taught me a lot of useful information to advance my career in the field. I had access to a variety of surgical specimens to practice my processing, embedding and microtomy skills.
Not a very nice place to work.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 19, 2017
They are very clickish and do not promote from within. Found the environment to be somewhat unfriendly. There were a few illegal things going on in the radiology department and facilities at the time of my employment there.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
do not promote from within
Fun environment
Cardiovascular Sonographer (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 10, 2017
It was a great place to start my career. I learned so much from all the techs and everyone was extremely helpful. I loved being there for my internship.
awesome
LPN, PCA (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMarch 9, 2017
they really do care for their patient and employees. they train you well and always put you where you can succeed. can't stress how much they take care of their own!!!
High pressure productive professional work enviorment
Assistant Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Hollywood FlFebruary 27, 2017
Great job with benefits but very high stress. Reason for leaving is to get a better work life balance and change up the team dynamic as current situation is too much.
Pros
challenging work, active learning experience
Cons
stress, heavy workload
Fun and productive place to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 25, 2017
They off competitive wages flexible scheduling and a fun safe environment to work. Other so many different types of positions to apply for.
Pros
They offer paid vacations
Cons
They offer breaks and have great benefits
The people
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Probably one of the hardest part of this job was watching people come back and be to sick to get better. Patients were great, my work place was great. Always a helping hand.
very fun and exciting place to work
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 30, 2017
working at memorial regional hospital as a unit secretary reminds me everyday of why I like the healthcare field. I love helping others in need, I love being that extra push to others and showing others that I can support you in whatever the situation may be.
Pros
everyone is friendly and shows great customer service
Memorial Regional Hospital is one of the best
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 28, 2016
very stressful
patience
not so understanding
knowing that a patient didn't receive their results in time
the pay and the shift diff
Very High pace
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 20, 2016
Because this Hospital is a Trauma Hospital it must be staffed with knowledgeable employees that can handle the level of professionalism at hand
Good Balance
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 19, 2016
The management is very unfair to me and they only look out for for people who seem to kiss their behind. I'm not one of them. All in all, I love what I do and the care I provide.
Pros
great co-workers