Memorial Sloan Kettering Employee Reviews

Catholic School of Hospitals Culture
Account Specialist, PBD (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2018
This is not a laid back organization. You must be engaged in your role at all times and understand that if you are not you will be counseled by management.
Pros
Good reputation Hospital
Cons
Hard to get in
Very Good Place of Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
I enjoy my time here and highly recommend the facility as an employer. I am only looking to leave because of my long commute otherwise I would stay here for as long as possible.
Nasty Supervisor
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2018
Good benefits. Bad manager which is why I left and why others did to. Big institution with tons of money. Pay is good but not worth the stress and aggravation. Really have nothing else to say.
Mty review process
SLIDE FILE CLERK (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2018
MSKCC Offers room for growth and is an encouraging environment. The health benefits offered are great. The time is takes to be moved to another department takes awhile. If given a chance I would return to MSKCC. I departed on my own accord.
Pros
Discounts on travel.rentals.entertaiment. vacation time.sick time. Ext.
Cons
Sometimes employees are not given a defined job description.
Its around the clock job there is always work
Central Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2018
It's always a heavy work flow.
I have learn a lot, but more so to have patience.
Better management team, there workplace culture is very diverse which is great. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have help people and meet people from different background.
The best
Pathologist Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2018
I love working at MSK and sad that I have to leave. Although I am very busy with work the Doctors are friendly and I am treated fairly. The best hospital to work for!
Pros
Great management, advancement, opportunity to grow
Cons
Very busy
Great Job
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2018
Memorial Sloan Kettering is a Great place to work, since I have been working here I have improved as a worker. I love my job because everyone shares the same vision and is dedicated to the mission of the hospital
Pros
Get healthcare and benefits
Daily Life At MSK
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2017
MSK has a very strong work culture. They spare no expense for their patients. It is a great place to work but does has an atmosphere of the good old boy attitude.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Job work quality
Cons
Management, Lack of growth
Good Place to work if you want to stuck and do nothing for low pay
Senior Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2017
Good Place to work if you want to stuck here for many years without advancement or training, and do nothing for low pay
No incentives to work better, no advancement in carrier either
Overall a good company
Budget/Contract Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2017
MSK is a great place to work however advancing in your career is very difficult. Mangers are not the best and you are always given additional work without the reevaluation of your current workload. Upper mgmt. is out of touch
benefits
Great Place to work
Clinical Nurse - RN (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
Can be very stressful, you are working with children and adults who have cancer. However, it is very rewarding in seeing your patients who become cancer free.
Productive, caring, compensation
Clinical Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
MSKCC is a structure well-run organization. The structure throughout all departments are second to none. Typical work day began the day before. Why? All preparations for first patient the next day was already completed from the previous evening. Therefore, a typical work day with all it sudden bumps and turns, and there were many, was seamlessly addressed. Every one learned and because it is/was such a collaborative environment, consistent sharing of information and learning allowed everyone to be knowledgeable. The management was superb. The culture of the work environment was each one teach one. It was never always a walk in the park, but the management was readily available to ensure issues were addressed and resolved. The hardest part of any day there was unscheduled employee absence as one then had to make patients unaware of employee shortages that they felt would impact their care and or treatment. Most satisfying and enjoyable part of the work day was accommodating scheduled and unscheduled patients and seeing them leave with satisfied looks on their faced; most rewarding.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement; employee appreciation, benefits
Cons
earning sick time, but not being paid for unused hours despite there being a penalty if excessive used was considered
Memorial Sloan
Animal Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
Mainly a research facility Inside I learned about different lab animals and the laws surrounding them. Worked with mice, rats, ferrets, and monkies occasionally. Was able to further my career goals by shadowing research techs on the job.
Very satisfying job
Session Assistant I & II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2017
MSKCC allows you to work in an environment where you are constantly helping others and putting them first, but is demanding and extremely fast pace. It does provide great benefits and ability to grow and learn so much about yourself. The hardest part about working here is constantly putting the needs of others first and having to satisfy multiple parties. The workplace itself is full of amazing individuals who have one common goal, the patient. Lack of advancement and appreciation does drive many to leave or become unhappy in their position.
Management is political
Governmental Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2017
Company is great with benefits Management is terrible and salary could be better. Direct Supervisors are afraid to voice their opinions to their higher ups.
Great Place
Radiology Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2017
This is one of the best hospitals to work for in New York City. Not only is it praised by its patients but also its employees. Typical day for me at my position is a relaxed work environment. Nobody looking over your shoulder to watch you to make sure you are using your work time wisely. When it comes to the evening shift management is great nobody really bothers.

The most enjoyable part of working here is being able to feel like you belong. The work environment is comforting. The morning, however, like everywhere else is a little different than working the evening. It is a little more fast paced and of course you have management around you that can seem overbearing. .
Another plus is the benefits, they provide some of the best health benefits.
Pros
benefits, pay, work/life balance
Great Place, Lack of Mobility
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2017
MSKCC has great benefits and competitive salaries. However, there is a ceiling for many positions here which force employees to make lateral moves for small amount of salary increase.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Upwards Mobility, Convoluted Management.
Workplace culture
Physician billing specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
If your smart expect to be attack by supervisor and co workers. so if you have a mind then your in for a ride that you will not like. Most smart people leave.
Pros
Salary wages
Cons
Cult driven idealology
Good Overall
Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2017
I really like working at MSKCC. I get to learn a lot and moreover my lab members are really co-operative. I would definitely recommend MSKCC for part-time and full-time jobs.
You have to be honest!
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2017
With oneself is it the money or the personal satisfaction. When people are so miserable at work, but yet you try your hardest to make people happy. You must back away. Be one with self and realize I'd rather be hasppy with what I do, instead of chasing a dollar.
Pros
Recognized name to work for
Cons
Horrible enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memorial Sloan Kettering. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2