Memorial Sloan Kettering

Memorial Sloan Kettering Employee Reviews in United States

Great pay and benefits
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2016
Good place to work, unfortunately opportunity for growth was limited for me. If your looking to get a great start in your career, MSKCC is the place to start.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Way too much politics
Always maintain AAALAC accreditation
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2016
MSKCC is a great company with a very good benefit.
It has one of the best Animal research program across the U.S.
I enjoy working with the animal which make me an important person in the research communities.
Challenging and rewarding experience
Student Research Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2016
I worked with the graduate student and conducted independent bioinformatics research. The graduate student I worked with was very helpful in explaining concepts including everything from biology, computer scripting, to shell and command line. It was a challenging yet very rewarding experience.
Good work environment
Environmental Services Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2016
I found it to be a really good place to work. Co-workers for the most part were good team players. Always something new to be learned everyday.
Enjoyed the people and the atmosphere
Physicians Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at this hospital. The only issue was the distance because I lived in Brooklyn. I don't know what else to put. One of the best places I have worked
Job was great
Phlebotomy/EKG Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2016
Great Staff
very busy atmosphere
management was great
co-workers were great to work with
doctors were nice and easy to work with
Unprofessional
NY Commercial Insurance Group Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2016
Management doesn't evaluate you on your work but personally. How much they like or dislike you personally. Promoting team work in front of employees but putting employee against each other making it look like a competition.
An everyday inspiring work environment
Clinical Research Coordinator (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
MSKCC was a phenomenal hospital to work for. Due to the concentration of the hospital being focused specifically around treating cancer patients, visitors, employees and patients themselves always had a very warm & positive attitude towards day to day lives. The most enjoyable part of the job was to know you are making a difference to someone's life whether it was visible to them or not. Working together as a team, each department depends each other to treat all patients in the most complex situations, providing the best oncology care available.
Mskcc
RADIOLOGY INTERN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2015
As a first year Radiology student, I was able to apply the lessons learned in the classroom to real life. Being exposed to critical care patients so early on gave me the confidence to take my time and do it right the very first time. I will always value my time and experience with the MSKCC radiology team.
Pros
Excellent facility, Ground breaking world class procedures and treatments being applied daily
Productive Workplace enviornment
Volunteer Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2015
Enjoyable place to learn new things about healthcare and volunteering
different pace everyday
happy environment
free lunch
Pros
meeting new patient daily
Cons
short work assignment
interesting...
Receptionist at MRI department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2015
In an environment where you're forced to learn and adapt quickly. It is an honor to be part of such a developing work place.
Great place to cooperate with amazing people
Immunotherapy Research Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2015
My research focuses on immunotherapy and CAR-T cells, particularly on analyzing clinical samples (solid tumor and pleural effusion) to study the T cell component after CAR-T cell therapy. I've optimized a method for analyzing the infiltrated T cells and constructed a cancer cell line for clinical human tumor samples. Cooperating on medical research with a clinical research team and playing a key role in the execution of the research helps me to be very efficient in making progress on my currently running projects.
Session Assistant II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2015
Good place to work if healthcare is your passion. Great location in the city. In daily interaction with patients and clinical staff.
great place
Lab technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 27, 2015
This place was very professional. They had lots of informative talks. coworkers were friendly and helpful. There were free lunches at times. The staff was friendly and nice. The work was demanding at times but also very interesting.
An Experience
Jr. Chef (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2015
Working for MSKCC has been an unrivaled experience. I had the opportunity of working directly with cancer patients and that in itself was very rewarding. The management left alot to be desired but I was surrounded by a host of loving coworkers.
Pros
Free lunches
Great place to work.
Session Assistant II/III (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
An amazing institution that does amazing work. My day in a nutshell entails preparing and running an outpatient medical practice from paperwork and record processing to coordinating clinic and clinician flow. Working here has really made helped me understand the importance of a companies corporate culture and how much it plays a role in the everyday interactions. There is usual politics that go along with any job but I've never encountered a place with so many nice employees that care as much as they do about the work that's being done.
Good place to get started
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJNovember 10, 2015
As an intern, I was treated with respect by those who I worked with, and those in other departments. Pay was very fair, was always welcomed back each summer, and the management was able to break down the job responsibilities and expectations to they were easy to understand an execute.
MSKCC has been extraordinary place to work for the many years I have been here.
Supervisor - Mailroom (Current Employee) –  1275 York Avenue; NYC 10065November 6, 2015
a typical day at work is usually pretty busy from the time I get in to the time I leave.
I have learned so much working here the number one thing is that when many have one focus anything is possible.
being part of management for the latter part of my career here I know that they have it the hardest. falling underneath administration and directing clerks and service workers is always challenging.
co-workers have made my time here at MSKCC worth every minute because they have always been very supportive.
the hardest part about the job has always been dealing one on one with the sickly. knowing that you can not help them all.
again, having the support of everyone has easily been the best part about working here.
Pros
the health benefits
Cons
seeing sick children
Busy, Can learn a lot
Information Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2015
Very patient focus;
Very busy;
If you want to gain clinical knowledge about cancer care, this is the place;
Doctors collaborate a lot.
Very pleasant and productive work environment
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2015
A typical work day consists of dialy duties in stocking out items that were ordered from the previous day. I learned a lot more in terms of inventory and how it is important for items to be at par and make sure of expiration dates. The management system of the department is very up to standards in which mistakes are addressed and handled in an efficient and timely manner.

4.2