Memorial University Medical Center

Memorial University Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very busy and hectice
Registered Nurse ER (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Lots of autonomy
Cons: almost no breaks due to busy nature of department. Breaks were offerred but there was never time.
Each day nurses were assigned a group of patients. During most shifts multiple times nursing to patine ratios would exceed 5 to 1 with high acuity patients. This didn't bother me much. I loved the excitement and challenge.
Working in the ER
Patient Access Rep II/Team Leader, PA (Current Employee), Savannah, GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Team work
Cons: no breaks
They hardest part of my job is to make sure that all the patient information is right and if it is not it could really hurt that patient and the care that we provide them. Working in the emergency room at memorial can be very rewarding and stressful at the same time. Everyday is a different day.
NA
Program Coordinator & Recruiter (Current Employee), Savannah, GANovember 19, 2014
Cons: pto
Typical day-demanding
Learned-management qualities, and leadership capabilities
Co-workers: Excellent
Great time off, won't see a raise
Maintenance (Current Employee), Savannah GAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: lots of time off
Cons: no raises, fraternization, to many shop politics
Memorial could be a great place to work for but there is too many politics to deal with in the everyday operations. A company of this size also has way too much of the "good ol boy" system, and fraternization going on with it. The good part is you get alot of time off per pay period, but don't expect getting a raise. With Memorial supporting indigent care, raises are non-existent.
Poor Management, cuts of employees by consulting companies that are now involved in running Memorial
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Savannah, GaSeptember 13, 2014
Cons: no lunch breaks, worked overtime, low moral, no praise from higher bosses
Worked with Memorial for 8 years and loved my job working night and day but all sorts of consulting companies came in and cut positions without looking into what the staff really did. I have applied several times for positions recently ( the same position) spoken to the Recruiter & she reports that the Manager has been too busy to interview anyone. I gave up on Memorial even though I really wanted to return .
this is a fun place to work at
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), savannah gaSeptember 11, 2014
i have learn a lot a memorial medical center,this is a great place to work,you can learn a lot here,and the worker are great.
Wonderful Float Pool Manager
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great pay for float nurses
Cons: very fasted paced and high patient turnover rate
Can be very hectic at times being a Level One Trauma Center. I enjoy working for Memorial and take my job very seriously. I do miss having patients for longer lengths of stay so that I can further build rapport with patient's and their families. I do miss that time that I used to be able to devote to therapeutic communication, and the documentation is a lot of additional work when you have a lot of – more... patient's discharging and many new admissions on most given days. I enjoy the flexibility of my schedule and many of the people I work with. I have a wonderful manager who I'm eternally grateful for. She's very helpful and supportive at all times. I just wish I had more time to devote communication with my patients. It is very high paced, which I am accustomed to, just looking for something that allows me to further my skill set, while allowing me the time to give the emotional care to my patients that I feel like sometimes, I don't have time enough to do, because we stay so busy! Love my job, just looking for a little change. – less
Excellant work environment
Patient Care Partner - Emergency Department (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 12, 2014
Pros: pay, positive work environment
Cons: facility needs updating
Provided direct and indirect patient care as delegated and supervised by the Registered Nurse and/or physician. Performed duties such as Foley catheter insertion, care and removal, 12 lead ECG, CPR, simple dressing changes, basic splinting, I.V. catheter removal, suture removal, assisted with medical procedures, blood glucose checks, phlebotomy, transporting patients, weights, vital signs, specimen collections, responded to call lights.
Detail oriented, problem solving and great orginazational skills
Medical Record Analyst- H.I.M. Physician Services (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJune 3, 2014
Pros: love the people i work with and flexible & understanding management
Cons: no room for growth and pay is not great
Love my co workers BUT they do not promote from within very often
Clerical Support (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 3, 2014
Great place to work.
Great people to work with
Pleasant in environment
Productive and great learning environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Savannah, GADecember 11, 2013
Pros: training, gift shops, programs
Cons: worker shortages
A typical day at work was filled with teamwork. I learned the importance of time management and being competent in every nursing skill. My co-workers were very helpful and polite. We all were like a family. The hardest part of the job was seeing someone die. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a patient smile.
self reliant
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Savannah, GADecember 6, 2013
very great hospital
i enjoyed working here
gained a lot of confidence and accountability
Typical hospital corporation.
Business Office Associate I (Former Employee), Savannah, GANovember 23, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
NICE PLACE TO WORK BUT FEELING EFFECTS OF FEDERAL PAYER CUTS
Lead Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 25, 2013
Cons: poor financial forecast
COMMUNITY FACILITY STRUGGLING WITH CHANGES ON FINANCIAL SIDE DUE TO HIGH NUMBER OF POOR AND UNINSURED CUSTOMERS.
Best Healthcare Facility for Trauma
Administrative Coordinator Perioperative Services (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: postive working atmosphere.
Very busy work days but very exciting. Have to keep up with the pace!
Learned extensive healthcare setting and services provided.
Management and co-workers very friendly.
Very stressful environment.
Interacting with patients, phycisians and staff.
Heart Catherization Lab
Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 23, 2013
Great facility to start a student clinic rotation with a helpful, educational, and great staff.
Level I trauma hospital
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 21, 2013
Pro's: Good patient care experience in a level I trauma setting
Con's: various.
Great place to work for!
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 15, 2013
Memorial has been rated one of the best places to work for in America for good reason. They are very good to their employees!
Great Company To Work
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 10, 2013
Versatile and fast paced environment. Management is great.
Level I Trauma Center, OR busy.
Surgical Specialty Supervisor, ACI/Trauma/Vascular (Current Employee), Savannah, GeorgiaApril 19, 2013
Work with vascular, trauma, and surgical oncologists in the operating room. Responsible for necessary supplies and instrumentation to complete these cases while providing responsible patient care as the patient is under anesthesia.
The team is professional and caring and consists on nursing, scrub technicians, anesthesists and the surgeon. The most diffecult part is realizing a patient's situation is worse than first believed after visualizing tumor, aneurysm, trauma results, etc.

Memorial University Medical Center Salaries