Memorial University Medical Center

Memorial University Medical Center Employer Reviews

Excellant work environment
Patient Care Partner - Emergency Department (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 12, 2014
Pros: pay, positive work environment
Cons: facility needs updating
Provided direct and indirect patient care as delegated and supervised by the Registered Nurse and/or physician. Performed duties such as Foley catheter insertion, care and removal, 12 lead ECG, CPR, simple dressing changes, basic splinting, I.V. catheter removal, suture removal, assisted with medical procedures, blood glucose checks, phlebotomy, transporting – more... patients, weights, vital signs, specimen collections, responded to call lights. – less
Detail oriented, problem solving and great orginazational skills
Medical Record Analyst- H.I.M. Physician Services (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJune 3, 2014
Pros: love the people i work with and flexible & understanding management
Cons: no room for growth and pay is not great
Love my co workers BUT they do not promote from within very often
Clerical Support (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 3, 2014
Great place to work.
Great people to work with
Pleasant in environment
Productive and great learning environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Savannah, GADecember 11, 2013
Pros: training, gift shops, programs
Cons: worker shortages
A typical day at work was filled with teamwork. I learned the importance of time management and being competent in every nursing skill. My co-workers were very helpful and polite. We all were like a family. The hardest part of the job was seeing someone die. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a patient smile.
self reliant
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Savannah, GADecember 6, 2013
very great hospital
i enjoyed working here
gained a lot of confidence and accountability
Typical hospital corporation.
Business Office Associate I (Former Employee), Savannah, GANovember 23, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
NICE PLACE TO WORK BUT FEELING EFFECTS OF FEDERAL PAYER CUTS
Lead Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 25, 2013
Cons: poor financial forecast
COMMUNITY FACILITY STRUGGLING WITH CHANGES ON FINANCIAL SIDE DUE TO HIGH NUMBER OF POOR AND UNINSURED CUSTOMERS.
Best Healthcare Facility for Trauma
Administrative Coordinator Perioperative Services (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: postive working atmosphere.
Very busy work days but very exciting. Have to keep up with the pace!
Learned extensive healthcare setting and services provided.
Management and co-workers very friendly.
Very stressful environment.
Interacting with patients, phycisians and staff.
Heart Catherization Lab
Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 23, 2013
Great facility to start a student clinic rotation with a helpful, educational, and great staff.
Level I trauma hospital
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 21, 2013
Pro's: Good patient care experience in a level I trauma setting
Con's: various.
Great place to work for!
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMay 15, 2013
Memorial has been rated one of the best places to work for in America for good reason. They are very good to their employees!
Great Company To Work
Contract Administrator (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 10, 2013
Versatile and fast paced environment. Management is great.
Level I Trauma Center, OR busy.
Surgical Specialty Supervisor, ACI/Trauma/Vascular (Current Employee), Savannah, GeorgiaApril 19, 2013
Work with vascular, trauma, and surgical oncologists in the operating room. Responsible for necessary supplies and instrumentation to complete these cases while providing responsible patient care as the patient is under anesthesia.
The team is professional and caring and consists on nursing, scrub technicians, anesthesists and the surgeon. The most – more... diffecult part is realizing a patient's situation is worse than first believed after visualizing tumor, aneurysm, trauma results, etc. – less
It was a nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 6, 2013
Maintains Director's daily schedule. Completes special projects and other department/division specific tasks as assigned by Director, Leadership Team, and Clinical Team.
Holds Department Orientation for new team members. Trains and assists with the transition of new team members into Department including all training required by Memorial Health and – more... Sodexo.
Construct Excel spreadsheets that portray timelines, financial tracking, and charts and graphs of monthly and weekly progress.
Answer multi-line telephone promptly and courteously. Ensures that all calls reach the designated person for whom the call was for and deliver all messages.
Organize and update all personnel, medical, and confidential files of Managers, Clinical Team, and hourly Team Members.
Assists Unit Controller with data entry of inventory and pricing.
Keeps record of all paperwork.
Responsible for managing office related supplies, equipment and materials used throughout the department.
Maintains spreadsheet of cost comparison and budgets. Maintains team member uniform requirements and orders.
Assists and Maintains Sodexo Interview Process.
I loved my co-workers and I worked closely with the management team and enjoyed learning from them. I learned that if the leadership isn't supported, then everyone under them will run wild. – less
Close knit office like a family.
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: free employee benefits such as immunizations, etc....
Cons: med star life star dept was closed shortly after i left their employment
Wished I was able to stay but needed full time position with more compensation per hour. Learned medical ambulance billing and coding for Ground and Air Emergency Transportation.
Excellent place to work!!!
Float pool rep (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: flexable schedule, different office every week
Cons: no benifits
I worked in the newly formed float pool for the front office personnel. I would work when needed and where in the 13 satalite offices and the business office when needed. I mainly worked the check out desk and entered all claims for the day and balanced each day . Made sure the coding was correct before submitting to insurance companies for payment. – more... Loved going to work every day. – less

February 7, 2013

Hi, I'm actually applying for a different position at Memorial, Security Officer. Do, or did you know of any officers there during your employment time. Can you tell me a little about any experiences/encounters you had? I've been doing a lot of research on the job description, but can't seem to find much helpful information. Thanks!

MEMORIAL IS A HOSPITAL
PATIENT CARE PARTNER (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 29, 2013
MY WORK DAY CONSIST OF GIVING PATIENT CARE SUCH AS BLOOD PRESSURES, TEMPS VEINPUNCTURE, ETC DATA ENTRY BATHES LEAISON BETWEEN DR, NURSE, AND PATIENT.
Fun place
Day Surgery Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 1, 2013
Fun place to work. Great for promoting staff. caring hospital.
I enjoy my job. I started in 2006 and became a team member in every since of the word
Patientcare Technician/Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), savannah, GAOctober 2, 2012
wonderful place to work and have a career. I have learned a lot since working for Memorial. HealthCare is one of the largest job markets out there. It is a secure profession and you get to help people.
Busy and Energetic
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Savannah, GASeptember 18, 2012
Pros: opportunities for continuing education
Cons: unfair work distribution
Various shifts available in the Operating room. Great exposure to various services and specialties, including the Davinci robotic system. Management is professional and efficient. Most enjoyable part of the job is the invaluable exposure and training. Work load is heavy so I would recommend careful consideration on the shift you chose because more than – more... likely yo will be on your feet the entire time(not including govt. mandated brakes.) – less

January 4, 2013

BRAKES???? Do you mean breaks?