MemorialCare Employee Reviews

Relax working environment
APPLICATION SPECIALIST I (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CADecember 7, 2017
Excellent work and life balance.
Room for advancement can use some improvements.
Great Management.
Fast paced yet relax environment depending on which team you are working with.
Working for Memorial is a great achievement. I would recommend Memorial to other people looking for a job.
Medial Assistant Paramed (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 14, 2017
A good place to work from a hospital or clinic settings.
Cross training is essential and makes your job worth it. Coworkers are willing to be team players and to train new employees. Management makes you feel that your job is important as the next. You are rewarded for a job well done!
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
good work life balance allow you to come in whenever as long as you get your 8 hours in
Managed Care Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 13, 2017
great management, good work life balance, decent perks for working there, all about healthy living, free gym and classes, great flexibility. not a lot of room for advancement, and the above doesnt necessarily apply across the entire company every department is different.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
Poor Management
Healthcare Analytics Developer (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAOctober 31, 2017
Poor Management, no advancement opportunities.
Good work-life balance and good employee culture.
Technology is almost never developed in-house. Many departments purchase third-party software applications.
If you want to be happy at work, then don't work at MemorialCare
accounting (Current Employee) –  FVOctober 17, 2017
Looking for an opportunity to advance in your career and enjoy the work that you do? Then stay far away from MemorialCare. Undoubtably one of the worst place I have ever worked. Management is lazy, unprofessional, arrogant and not supportive. They do not care about their staff and will not go to bat for you. I can't speak for the clinical teams, but the admin side of this workplace is horrible. Morale is low and work piles on. Save yourself and do not work here.
Fast paced yet relaxed environment
Claims Examiner/Eligibility Rep (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 7, 2017
A typical day at work would include coming into an extremely quiet and slow paced environment, everyone stays to themselves. Reports are ran and work is delegated throughout different teams and departments. I came to the company with claims and medical insurance knowledge but the job has given me a deeper look at State regulations and the auditing process. Management is silent and quite occupied with higher level issues. Hardest part of the job is sitting and waiting while management rebuilds the infrastructure and policies. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I am an important part of the team.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Company needs some rebuilding
Poor management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 27, 2017
There's no advancement, poor pay rates. PTO combines sick time, vacations days, holidays, and emergencies all in one. NO HOLIDAY pay, no overtime is available. Offices are short staffed and under payed.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Holiday pay, sick days, vacation days are all considered pto
Poor Management
Utilization Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 23, 2017
Pay is unfair, management does not care about your needs. No move for advancement. It is a negative environment to work in and you are underpaid. Would not recommend
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
pay, pto
Productive work place
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 15, 2017
Overall it's a great place to work. Great benefits and great people. Management could use a little work but as a whole I love working for the hospital. Smmc loves and cares for their patients.
Very Productive and fast paced
INTAKE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed working with Memorial Care, the people working there seem to all care for each other a great deal and if there is place for advancement they do it from within the company.
Pros
Lunch Discounts, Health program, Learning programs
awesome co workers
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 9, 2017
Has changed a lot in lower employee benefits compared to the other levels in the companies. If the company was bought out form memorial ,you may not be included in all of the companies activities .
Would not recommend
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAAugust 6, 2017
Poor management. Micromanaged. Was brought on as a per diem, ended up working 40+/week and was refused benefits due to per diem status. When I brought it up to my manager, one week later I was let go for some untrue trumped up reason. Very disappointing.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Unethical management
LVN (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAAugust 2, 2017
Great envirnment and great learning expierence, I love my team! great communication and team work. The vibe is awesome. Everyone is so nice and very approachable.
Close to home. Staff easy to work with, supportive.
Audit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAJuly 27, 2017
Close to home. Reputable company. Staff is supportive and easy to work with. My supervisor is excellent, she knows a lot about all departments and does whatever she can to support our department. The thing I like least - I have a quota to meet each day - unfortunately it is out of my hands - it is dependent upon others to complete their part.
Pros
Close to home. Not required Overtime.
Cons
Staff needs a lot more training.
not good place to work
Medi-Cal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 6, 2017
I work for 13 year an they let me go for very small reason. They micromanage the staff and they do give bonus until you met you monthly review and the manager are not very nice with the staff.
Pros
bonus if you qualified
Cons
short break, to much work for one employee.
Company goals
Practice Manager II (Former Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAJuly 6, 2017
Set and well outlined. There is continued training classes that can be selected for all staff wishing to row. There are mandatory classes that all management must take.
Pros
security
Cons
work Life balance
n/a
Admissions ClerK / Ins Verification / Referrals (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAJune 19, 2017
Could use better Management. Looking for Growth making sure I have Job security also looking for great Team Work great Communication among each other and work well with others
Excellent place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJune 5, 2017
I graduated from Nursing School and my first job was with this company. I learned so much and the sense of family was so positive that I never left. My entire nursing career was spent working for this company. I went from staff nurse to Manager and loved every minute of it.
Pros
Opportunity for growth, positive coworkers and management.
Exciting and Efficient work environment
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 4, 2017
Every single day I am learning something new that will be useful for me in the future for every single employment avenue that I chase. This is a place that I always look forward to go into work for.
Pros
Consistent breaks
Cons
Excessive physical labor
Review
Medical Professional Staffing Temp Contract (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 1, 2017
This was a great place to work and very nice staff. Office meetings were held regular to discuss any issues anyone had or even how to better the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MemorialCare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2