Memry Corporation Employee Reviews

learn new every time
Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTJune 14, 2017
I love to work at memry corp. at memery corp nice and comfortable atmosphere for work. corporative staff and management. they very concern and careful for safety.
Terrible Management
LEAD/MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTMarch 20, 2016
The job is a great job, very interesting & has a lot of new things to learn. But the management here is absolutely horrible. With better management it would be a much better place of employment.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Management, Favoritism
Nice place to work. Very professional collective,
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAAugust 31, 2014
Nice working environment especially if you love working with Nitinol.
Productive and enjoyable learning experience
Laser Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTSeptember 19, 2012
I never would've thought I'd have learn how to operate and run test through something so precise as the laser machine I worked with. It was a pleasant experience due to the lead staff and co-worker, they taught me how to run focus test and a series of inspection methods. I never had any worries or complaints about the hours given, that was always secure. Unfortunatley there wasn't always work in the laser deparment so I had gone back an forth from my original position as a stent former and laser operator. Overall had I not been laid off I am sure I'd have learn much more.
depressing and company on its way down
Machine Operator / Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTAugust 6, 2012
You go into work knowing that you know more than your supervisor, once you learn something the company holds you there in fear that you wil learn more than them, Management does not look out for the employees at all only for themselves, when you go for a review they only talk about your negitives and not your positives, thats their way of keeping you from moving up in the company.
Pros
benefits
Cons
company does not look out for its employees in any manner
Very fun company.
EDM machine operator (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTJuly 17, 2012
I enjoy working at this company. All employees are very friendly and helpful.
Stent Forming
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTMay 4, 2012
I was making Springs for heart people. after making the spring, you had to "cook".
You Won't Find A Better Place to Work
Director of Marketing & Corporate Communications (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTMarch 29, 2012
I am biased, as Memry was responsible for educating me on becoming a professional, and they afforded me the opportunity to grow from a "job mentality" to developing a career. So it's hard for me to be negative or critical of anything about the company.

During my tenure I was fortunate to have been mentored by some true standouts in their respective disciplines, additionally, the culture was warm and collegial. It was a wonderful environment which fostered open dialog and creative problem solving approaches.

On a personal level, the people are among the highest quality individuals in terms of character, that you will ever encounter...at any company. While there I often wondered if Memry was truly as unique as I thought it was, or was the company like every other company I'd work with. I soon found out, in the years since my position was eliminated due to cost reduction efforts, that Memry truly is a special place.

When I look back on my 9 years there, I struggle to count more than 10 people who left on their own accord to pursue a better opportunity or seek out a better organization. However, I can recall several instances when those who had left, ultimately returned. As much as I'd like that opportunity myself, that option will never present itself.

I am writing this review because Memry is currently seeking a QA Director, and I thought that maybe if someone was on this job board looking for that type of position, and they came across the posting and were wondering what kid of company Memry was to work for, perhaps they'd read a review by a former employee.

In summary,
  more... if ever offered a position at Memry Corporation, run, don't walk, to accept the offer. You'll be a better person for having worked there.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Memry Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Memry Corporation Reviews by Location