Men's Wearhouse

Men's Wearhouse United States Employee Reviews

MW TUX and Mens Wearhouse is same company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), La JollaMay 5, 2015
Mens Wearhouse and MW Tux is the same company so the remarks are the same.....................................................................................................................................................................
Interesting and fun but...
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Bend, ORApril 29, 2015
The Men's Wearhouse was a fun place to work. I learned a great deal about fashion and the proper way for men to wear their clothes. The benefits they offered were not that great. For example, their 401k plan was one of the worst I have ever seen. They would only contribute up to 250 dollars while many others are at atleast three or four percent. Another issue I had was with my management team. It appeared to me that they had no idea how to run a store effectively and to insure that the work place was happy with high morale.
Productive and fun working environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Totowa, NJApril 26, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, excellent benefits
Cons: long work hours (expected in retail)
A typical day at work is helping out various customers and preparing them for their special occasion. In the past five years, I have learned how to create loyal customers by upholding Men's Warhorse's "world-class customer service" and manage internally within different stores. My co-workers are very fair and helpful. Having them is like having a second family who will support your ideas and goals. The hardest part of the job is NOT doing your job! I believe that completing any task is the most rewarding yet enjoyable part of the job that gets me through the day.
Great place to work to gain customer service experience.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: flexible with schedule
Cons: managment
Worked my way up from a customer service associate within three years. Gained many skills, especially customer service skills that will help me in the future. Good job for students in college. Very flexible with schedule.
Great teamwork
Customer Service/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston TXApril 21, 2015
On an typical day I received all the returns and processed them back into the system, while assist 3 managers with daily duties. I worked with a small group of typically 3 people. The most enjoyable part of this job was the way the team and I worked together to get all of our task completed.
Amazingly fun and supportive workplace with a talented teams
Training Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Metairie, LAApril 17, 2015
Pros: regular team building events, step oustide the box on making the workplace fun like a ping pong table, the literally have a retail collage put together in this company.
Cons: Midline managment, Poor communication
The daily fun for consultants are getting to know people from all walks of life, secret service agents, actors, doctors, blue collar and white collar people. It is an ever growing environment with heart touching people. This is the only company I ever worked at were I felt like I wasn't just a number. If you need motivation, Chaseray Harvey can do it in person or from a phone call.
Cato
Senior CSA (Customer Service Associate) (Current Employee), Lithonia, GAApril 13, 2015
Co-workers were always nice management team not so much. Loved the variety of clothing they provided to the customers every week and also the sales.
Not this region!
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 11, 2015
Pick any other region but this one! This market it dry and they have an isolationist approach. Pick California, Seattle, or Nevada. You will thrive in these markets at TMW.
Frustrating workplace
Senior Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Clifton Park, NYApril 10, 2015
Pros: You can't get fired unless you murder someone in front of customers.
Cons: Since nobody gets fired, there are tons of deadbeats and idiots grandfathered into managerial jobs, so there is no chance to move up.
Sadly, Men's Wearhouse promises a lot of things in recruiting and does not keep those promises. Since the ousting of George Zimmer, raises have been non-existent and hours have been cut for each store to the point that hourly employees are constantly anxious about making ends meet. Even if you are an excellent employee with a low rate of absenteeism, you are constantly haunted by having your hours cut down.

The company seems to think that sending around "fun packs" and providing pay out money for pizza makes the Wearhouse a great workplace. they don't seem to get it that people would like to be secure in their employment and not have to worry that they won't be able to pay their house or car note when the hours get cut down - again.

I was promised all sorts of things, a different position than the one I was placed in, advancement, regular raises, extensive training when I was recruited. None of these ever came to pass and it is obvious after three years that they never will.
Typical retail store
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHApril 5, 2015
Nice place to work. Sales staff can take advantage of people below them if you let them. Monthly bonuses, which are really nice. Really hectic during prom season!
productive, and professional retail position as a senior customer service associate
senior customer service associate (Current Employee), Downey, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: great management, felxible with my education.
Cons: short breaks
I have had the privilege to work at a store with management that I consider family. i am trusted with opening, closing, and training new associates. i do daily inventory, bank trips for the deposits, book weddings, measure children and men for wedding or special events. hardest part of the job is prom season. it is our most impacted season. extremely busy, however i enjoy it.
great managers and easy going work place
unloading (Former Employee), Addison, ILMarch 31, 2015
managers are always helpful in most cases. they are understandable and always thankful for you work you do. co-workers are nice and funny very enjoyable people. this is a very nice place to work the hardest part about this job may be the standing for eight hours but other than that not to much to complain about.
Is a company where peaople are promoted not for their merit and experience but for who you know
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 25, 2015
At the top management level the communication is very poor. The regional Director only communicate to the vice president of stores what is to his convenience. Only people that he likes get promoted regarldless if the person is qualified for the position. People are set for failure.
Great Company, Great Team Members
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 20, 2015
Pros: strong team building, learned a lot of different sales techniques and skills
Cons: worked weekends and holidays......retail hours
Enjoyed my time there, and learned a lot of skills that I use to this day. Men's Wearhouse offers great benefits with stock options.
Fun, great people, Fortune top 100 company
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Chicago IlMarch 18, 2015
Pros: the people
Been there for 20+ years, been great knowing I've heaped create a culture that has fostered the growth of many both professionally and personally. Many team mates will be life long friends. Amongst the biggest challenges is hitting somewhat of a glass ceiling for growth and not fulfilling the desire to do more beyond what I currently do to fully leverage what I believe are advanced skill sets and my educational background.
Discount habidashery.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Ledgewood, NJMarch 15, 2015
This environment was different then Jos A. Bank in that it was more focused on customer needs and preferences. Not a top-scale suit venue, but passable for an average professional.
People were good, management competent.
fun work place
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2015
Pros: short lunch
Cons: fun place to work
Mens Wearhouse was a kool place to work, co-workers, n managers were all fun people. Assist clients with a lot of suits, n more. i learn more about customer services there @ Mens Wearhous.
Professional environment, great staff
WARDROBE CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 12, 2015
Pros: decent commission scale
Cons: retail store hours
I would usually get to work, check a few emails, and start helping customers. My typical interaction with any one suiting customer would last between 45 minutes to an hour or more.
The management team was flexible and helpful, I would pretty much get whatever I needed from them, whenever I wanted. Other coworkers were helpful and supportive. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the retail hours and how they killed you outside-of-work life. The most enjoyable part was helping people look their best.
The Best Company To Work For
Customer Service Manager/ Formalwear Consultant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free lunches and parking
Cons: downtime
Assisting customers, handling complaints and/or issues, cash handling, bank deposits, opening store procedure and closing store procedure. I learned a lot about servicing a customer and being able to give excellent customer service. Management was great to work with and so were co-workers. the hardest part of my job was rearranging the shirt wall, having to make it look so perfect; from lightest to darkest in that order. It took hours just about my entire shift. I really enjoyed my job and everything about it. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I met George Zimmerman himself the CEO of Men's Wearhouse my first week of getting hired. That was awesome. So invigorating. He even asked me a personal question. He asked what do you like about working for my company, I responded I love the open door policy. (Meaning that me a sales associate at the time I was hired or anyone I could call a meeting if they wanted to and did not have to inform the boss). So important.
Loved the Environment
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 9, 2015
Pros: people and product
Cons: gm and hours
The product was fun to sell. It was also nice having a discount on clothes. I did not get along with the GM. He was arrogant and did not listen to his employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Men's Wearhouse

With a business strategy tailored for growth, The Men's Wearhouse has made alterations even a haberdasher would be hard-pressed – Read more

Men's Wearhouse Salaries