Men's Wearhouse

Men's Wearhouse Employer Reviews

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Eugene, ORMarch 4, 2015
Men's Wearhouse is either a place where you can get as far as you can get without a degree in the retail industry, or will burn you out to the point you never want to enter the store again. Each day has very little variation from the previous day in that there are many reports to be done, as well as many small tasks that the CSA's usually get done under direction from the operations manager. However, given how retail is a very high turnover industry, Men''s Wearhouse is relatively good as far as company culture.
Amazing Place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLMarch 2, 2015
Our store was always well maintained very people friendly a nice work environment, I would recommend anyone who enjoys fashion to apply here.
Everchanging Workplace
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 2, 2015
Each day I would work with somebody different, assisting with tuxedo rentals and sales when needed. I learned tons about men's fashion and the importance of ease for those getting married. The whole store worked as a team including managers. The hardest part of the job was quickly and efficiently helping prom customers, but we eventually got our own system down. The most enjoyable part of the job was that everybody worked as a team and got along.
Decent Career Position
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Matthews, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: people are nice, great discounts
Cons: its very hard to advance, they tend to promote the rong people
Great benefits, PMDA is a great benefit, and you get a 60 percent discount on high end clothing. Fun job, but can be slow, very very slow
I had fun and good experience working there
Material Handler (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2015
It has been a pleasure working for Men's wearhouse. I enjoyed working with team oriented fellow employees and supervisors. I had wonderful experience on doing fast paced inventory of tuxedos.
Named Fortune magazine's 100 Best Companies to work for
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Mansfield, OHFebruary 19, 2015
The Men's Wearhouse offers a fun, team oriented work environment while making sure their members provide world class customer service.
Great Company
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee), tampaFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: expand the network
Cons: not a set schedule
Great environment, great customers and great coworkers.
it is a great place to learn about men's etiquette and how to have a proper contemporary style.
Great Experience for Entry Level Associates
Assistant Manager II (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: co-workers, flexible schedule, benefits for full time
Cons: prom season, corporate culture, long hours
Co-Workers form very close bonds, though often cliques form as well. Fun job with a lot of down time in the slow season. Tuxedo customers extremely demanding. Management overall shows lack of control. Operations Managers basically run the store, while store managers reap the benefits. Serious lack of training for new hires and promotions. Was a wonderful company to work for with a great atmosphere when George was still the CEO; Current CEO Doug is disconnected from his workforce. Would recommend this job for any entry level sales associates; You can only make a decent living with this company as a sustainable career as upper management or a wardrobe consultant in a high volume store.
Pretty good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Victor, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Not a bad place to work. Fairly low pay compared to other retail jobs I have had but overall, this is a nice place to go every day.
TMW
Wardrobe consultant/Assistant Manager II (Current Employee), VirginiaFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Although I have grown in Management, there are not a lot of opportunities for growth. I have done all that I can and received all that I can from my position at TMW and am looking to settle into a career that will challenge me and satisfy my goal needs.
A workplace that was enjoyable and functional due to managerial encouragement and trust.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PAFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day began with taking our deposit to the bank. As the manager, I would walk through the store to inspect it's appearance and the completion of any tasks left for employees the prior evening. The day included both walk-in retail shoppers and customers who had appointments to select their wedding garments.
Productive, family oriented, employee driven company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: quarterly bonus, paid vacations, healthcare
A typical day at work would include but would not be limited to data entry, customer service, employee administrative duties, and answering all incoming phone calls. I learned more about maintaining the company's integrity while in the public eye and upholding the company's core values. My employers were welcoming of all my input and my employees where receptive to my professionalism. My co-workers challenged me to search for alternative methods to become better in areas that I was not the best at, and I did the same for them. The toughest part of the job was during prom when visibility was lacking due to high volume of traffic. This was a concern since typically this is the ideal time for theft. The most enjoyable part of the job was the conference meetings that took place in various locations around the United States. These outings allowed for me and my peers from different stores in different areas to convey ideas and provide input as to how to become more efficient in our own stores.
Productive work environment with fun activities and great benefits.
Project Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: traffic/commute
Since joining Men's Wearhouse almost 12 years ago, I have been able to grow professionally and also expand the positions that I filled. Not only have I been able to expand my positions, but I was afforded the opportunity to transfer into a more challenging department with increased responsibility and a higher level of accountability, which has pushed me to new levels of performance. I was able to achieve this all the while enjoying a very diverse and fun culture that provided a fun and exciting work environment.
awesome job
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2015
very laidback atmosphere and easy to do. alot of room to advance as well the only busy times are during prom season.
fun job but..
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fun job great discount
Cons: pay advancement
The job was fun but as far as pay and advancement it was like pulling teeth
a strong company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good training programs
Cons: little chance for advancement
The thing I love most about my job is building a trusting relationship with my clients and knowing that I helped with one of the most special days in their new lives together.
One of the hardest things about my job is that 3 months of the year we do the highest amount of our business and to ensure that every customer receives the best services we can provide.
This time of year can be challenging for my team as we typically have introduces new product line and policies. But after training and coaching my team I am always proud at the end of our busiest season knowing that we did a great job and.
My upper management team has always been there when needed should I have a need of a guiding hand or direction when wanting to try a new project.
Over the years I have learned that you can no longer wait for business to just walk in but you must go and get it by thinking and getting outside the box.
A typical day is reviewing my numbers week, month, and year to date setting my goals and start putting my plans to action. Tracking my results and adjusting as needed. While at the same time ensuring my team is up to date with what is needed to help achieve our goals and proving our customers with the best service
relaxing enviroment
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Scarsdale, NYJanuary 19, 2015
i got a lot of experience dealing with sales a costumers working in retail.
Money is replaced by benfiits
Senior Information Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Ok. Born-again management makes working there problematic.
Fun Place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 10, 2015
I didn't have the chance to work here as much as I wanted to since I had my job at Tender Greens but overall TMW was awesome
Productive and business steady, fast paced and fun.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSSISTANT (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: discounts and knowledge of the product.
Cons: conflicting schedule with school
It was a good environment as far as the location for the benefit of the business. I build many networking relationship with some customers. Loved it because I am a peoples person.

1 2 3 4 5

About Men's Wearhouse

With a business strategy tailored for growth, The Men's Wearhouse has made alterations even a haberdasher would be hard-pressed – Read more

Men's Wearhouse Photos