Men's Wearhouse Employee Reviews

Horrible coworkers
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 21, 2017
Co-workers were very unprofessional, and constantly foul speaking just loud enough for customers to hear. It was by far the worst part time job I've ever held when it came down to co-workers.
Productive and significantly engaging workplace.
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYNovember 21, 2017
A typical day at work would involve constantly interacting with customers, whether in person or over the phone, to ensure that their needs are met. The management is always there to provide support for subordinates. I learned how to more effectively communicate with customers based on fulfilling their needs and wants. The hardest part of the job was how fast-paced it could get at peak demand periods. The most enjoyable part of the job was the tight-knit associate team community working together to achieve store and company objectives.
Productive and Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 20, 2017
Very enjoyable place to work, with a very fun and active environment where the employees are very hands-on. Fairly relaxed job, but can ramp up during the holiday season.
Relaxed work environment with a boss who can also be your friend
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 20, 2017
Typically spend most of the day measuring customers for rentals, or selling suits and trying to sell more than just the suit (no "naked" suit sales). Typically relaxed environment, unless it is prom/wedding season. There is a big push from management and upper management to increase sales and improve product knowledge. You make more money in non-pooled commission stores.
Pros
Free lunches once a month, 55% discount off non-sale price, slow-paced
Cons
Slow to move up, pay is better in personal commission stores, company seems to be making employee incentive cutbacks slowly
great benefits
Director of Logistics and Finance (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 19, 2017
The culture is evolving as of 2017. Great place to work alternation locations/hours previously. Benefits are wonderful encompassing medical, dental, vision, 401k etc. Great discounts at Christmas as well.
Pros
Most locations have restaurants on site
Cons
becoming more conservative
Good Company, hard to grow
Assistant Formalwear Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNNovember 16, 2017
Men's Wearhouse is a good company to work for, I acquired a great deal of sales training and product knowledge. Store management and regional management were both very helpful and cared about their employees. As much as I like the company it can be hard to make a career in the retail side of Men's Wearhouse.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Hard to grow
Positive workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WINovember 16, 2017
In a typical day in the wedding department you would make calls during the week to confirm or book an appointment for a couple. The weekdays would be slower and the weekends would be pretty busy.
Pros
employee discounts, flexible schedule
Cons
there is a busy time of year and the rest of the year is pretty slow
Productive Work Place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VANovember 15, 2017
Great place to work, and a very fun environment! I would reccomend this job to anyone. Great discounts and great folks to work with. I would say, it was my favorite job.
No advancement and poor pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 14, 2017
The store manager was good. The regional managers in the southeast are horrible. Nepotistic. Not the best place to work if youre trying to make a career.
productive, fun and helpful work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 13, 2017
I was young when I started here but I learned so much about presentation. Awesome company parties, great contests and easy spiffs. Enjoyed my managers and I wish I had kept my career there if it wasn't for going to class for welding.
Pros
great people, ceo cares for employees, company will be around for a long time
Cons
non really

Want to know more about Men's Wearhouse?

Ask a question
n/a
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 13, 2017
good place to work if you are single and have no children managers have no clue of what they are doing need better leadership people can get away with anything
my review
Wardrobe Consultant- Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2017
This is a great place to work if you are a fashionista. You must understand the fashion industry and stay on top of the fashion trends.
You must be able to provide great customer services.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short lunches
This company is not what it use to be.
Formalwear Specialist (Current Employee) –  CONovember 10, 2017
I have worked for Mens Wearhouse for over 10 years. When I first started, Mens Wearhouse was fun and exciting place to work. Over the year, once Doug Ewart took over the company, a lot of decisions have been made that negatively effects the employees at the store level.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Negitave work enviroment in most stores
Fun but stressful place to work.
Assistant Manager, Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Novato, CANovember 9, 2017
My work day consisted of making sure alterations were completed on time, opening and closing of the store, balancing the register and sales. Ordering supplies and making sure hours were submitted for payroll.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Stressful
very relaxed sales job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 9, 2017
Men's wearhouse is avery relaxed yet professional sales place. I would highly recommend this job to anyone trying to get their foot in the door with retail sales or entry level management.
mens wearhouse is a nice place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 8, 2017
I liked working for men's wearhouse. the customers were great and the employees were great as well. They have great benefits. they are also flexible with school schedules.
Great staff, good benefits
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 8, 2017
Men’s wearhouse does a pod job hiring staff and supplying its employees with good benefits. Can gain very good customer service experience dealing with all types of customers.
Good fun flexible company with good benefits
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
Good fun flexible company with good benefits. Good management, fun working environment, Good understanding with employees about needing schedule adjustments and working to fix schedules as needed.
Love This Place
General Warehouse and Dry Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 6, 2017
Men's Wearhouse. Oh how I love this place. You take 3 breaks and gets paid for it. Everyone is friendly and have respect for themselves and others. I would recommend this job.
Horrific Management
Assistant Manager/Formalwear (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 4, 2017
Out of 36 years experience in the job market, working at this store was a nightmare. I actually was treated better at Walmart. Not all of the stores are like this, but stay away from the Mesa location. Their turn over rate speaks for itself. The management will hold a grudge forever and Heaven forbid you refuse to kiss butt. Hard work goes unappreciated. Be prepared to work every weekend and have your days off in the middle of the week and your days off are usually spljt. It is a cutthroat sales environment and the only thing they care about is making their sales quota.
Pros
easy hours
Cons
management is a nightmare