Menard, Inc

Menard, Inc Employer Reviews

Assistant Yard/Shipping/Receiving Manager (Current Employee), Champaign, IlMay 29, 2014
Great place to work if you enjoy working with your hands and providing great guest service. Management staff is great and respectful.
Gained valuable customer service skills
Team Member (Current Employee), WIApril 22, 2014
Best company I've worked for, well, only company I've worked for. Gained valuable experience from my time here. Hope to use the things I've learned in my career path, wherever it may lead me.
ridiculous!
clerk (Current Employee), Eau ClaireMarch 8, 2014
Pros: ips
Cons: too many to list
The place makes so many promises and takes them away. IPS is great but sometimes at a huge cost, leads are power hungry and when they are in a pinch will throw anyone under the bus! Everyone is completely disposable
Fun But Stressful..
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: 2.50 bonus on the weekend; profit sharing; starts off at $9
Cons: got tired of standing in one place all day, wanted to move around the store.
Ringing up customer was the fun part. I've interacted with varieties of people. I've helped customers and team members. I've learned that working in a customer service field you have to remain calm and with a smile on your face. Management wasn't all that Great. They were cool though.
Rewarding and Challenging
Real Estate Counsel (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIDecember 19, 2013
Serving as real estate counsel for Menard, Inc. during the last few years has been both rewarding and challenging. I have enjoyed overseeing many difficult projects and the relationships I have forged there.
Not a bad gig for a college student or somebody with NO education.
Outside Yard Team Member (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIDecember 3, 2013
Pros: good pay for entry level department positions, flexible scheduling, weekend pay
Cons: gm over paid, customer is always right mentaiity has to die, uneducated management
Good place to work for a college student. Fun environment. Middle management is underpaid and store general managers are over paid. The little guys actually make a decent wage for entry level positions. Not a bad gig for somebody going to school trying to support themselves.

Unfortunately, everybody is still treated as a "disposable".
Continuously expanding company that is committed to providing undeniable customer service.
Full Time Team Member (Current Employee), Hanover Park, ILSeptember 12, 2013
Menards is a company that prides itself on being the leader in providing the best customer service possible while also offering the best pricing for products in the market. As a manager I learned that one of the most important parts of the job is time management. Being able to multi-task is also key in a position that consistently changes from minute – more... to minute. Another important thing I learned as a manager is prioritizing. Keeping a written list of things that need to be accomplished is extremely important. Having a list allows you to not forget what needs to be done, delegate responsibilities, follow up on tasks assigned and reorganize as needed depending on circumstances that might change throughout a given day. The hardest part of being a manager is dealing with upset customers but the best part is being able to solve a problem that satisfies them enough to want to comtinually come back. – less
Decent pay for part-time work
Kitchen Designer/Estimator, Inside Sales (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2013
Dealing with guest can be rewarding and challenging at the same time.
Productive fast-paced distribution.
Team Leader & Trainer of Sortation Department (Former Employee), Plano, ILJuly 15, 2013
Pros: incentives, bonuses, banquets, employee praise.
Cons: physically demanding of the body.
Each shift was high intensity manual labor, and productivity was important. At times, the job itself was intense and demanded a lot of my physical abilities. However, I learned how to pace myself, conduct meetings, assist co-workers in a friendly and efficient manner. I enjoyed and now appreciate the physicality of the job, and all of the people I met – more... along the way. – less
Asst Mgr Yard & Recv
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 11, 2013
We would be in charge of 15-25 people on any given day. We would assist Customers with orders or pick ups. Plus unload trucks for stock and Orders. Using All kinds of different fork lifts.
You will get paid, but there is a cost
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee), MichiganJune 2, 2013
I was paid very well but, I was forced to make a choice - my family or my job. I chose my family.
Very good place to w5ork through college. Very flexible. Tons of great people
Customer Service Specialist/Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee), Superior, WIMarch 5, 2013
Pros: i really liked all of the people working there
Cons: can be long nights
Good training, caring cow5orkers, lots of available hours, great store managers. Opportunities to help other close stores.
WIll tell you are doing good then fire you the next day!
Team Member (Former Employee), Eau Clare, WIOctober 25, 2012
Pros: get to sleep on the plane (on the clock)
Cons: poor management, the only reason managers get into the position they do is they stab some one else in the back.
Management is very intense. They micro manage everything from the home office. Very small raises and no retirement benefits.
Required to travel every day to different stores on the company plane with 6 am departure and return between 6 PM and 8 PM. Meals are not paid for while away from home for the day and if overnight you get only $15.
High Pressure Environment, but decent rewards if you can handle it
mid-level non manager (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIMay 24, 2012
This is a very difficult, high pressure environment to work in. All duties will be HEAVILY scrutinized by many individuals. This is a privately-owned company, which means "quirks" come along with the territory. The systems and procedures the company has in place are effective. The management as a whole have good individuals in place to succeed. IF you – more... are successful in your duties, you will be rewarded fairly well by this company. IF you are not successful, you will be weeded/found out very quickly; there is very little middle ground, but you are evaluated FAIRLY. As a corporate employee, you will need to work weekend day(s) (these were flexible when I was there) in addition to M-F. Overall, this company is better to work for than it is given credit for by its past employees, but is the most high-pressure company that I and many others have worked for. – less
Productive. Lots of hours.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago Ridge, ILMay 8, 2012
Only located in the midwest. Making its way down here. Fun environment.
Good Company but strict managment
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2012
Pros: decent wage, plenty of room for advancement
Cons: very strict managment, created uneasy work environment for many
I personally enjoyed working for Menard, Inc. It provided plenty of opportunity to learn and grow as an employee, and paid a reasonable salary as well.
Great people
Desktop Support (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIFebruary 13, 2012
Pros: bonus opportunities - profit sharing
Cons: lack of recognition
Great people employed at all facets of the organization. Despite office politics managers seemed sincerely concerned about their teams and work environment. Many, many rules and regulations regarding every facet of work - excessive in many instances.
OK place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee), Washington, ILJanuary 4, 2012
Pros: pays hourly, descent bonuses
Cons: terrible hours, they don't treat team members very good.
You work tons of hours, at different times during the week. The pay is ok, but they find ways to nickel and dime away your bonuses.

About Menard, Inc

Well-known as the place to "Save Big Money," Menards is a family-owned home improvement retailer with 252 hometown hardware – Read more