Menards
1,176 reviews

Menards Employee Reviews

It is a great place for a first time employer.
Cashier (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Good management
Cons: Short breaks
It was a great place to work. They took care of their employees. Could use better benefits. Need to check for days off when making the schedule for their employees.
Nice Temp Job
Sales/Receiving (Former Employee), Comstock Park, MIJuly 1, 2015
The day to day activities were not boring but lack any feeling of accomplishment. I would recommend this job to someone who wants to work between 20-30 hours a week. Not for people who are not good with others.
Dysfunctional and lazy management while holding no one accountable for their actions and did not follow polices.
Cashier/everything else (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MOJune 30, 2015
Pros: I was respected among fellow employees for having a strong work ethic, and being able to help multiple departments throughout the store.
Cons: The management was weak and would not let me advance, because I was one of the only ones in my department that could do everything.
A typical day of work at Menards usually began with me coming in at around 8am, so I was one of the first cashiers to come in the front end and I would have to do all the work the managers did not want to do or tell other employees to do because no one listen to what they said, but I maintained a strong work ethic even tho my management was weak and lazy. I would come in and finish organizing paper work, finish doing any cleaning that was left over from the night before, finish any returns that was left or help the warehouse unloading/loading trucks and pulling freight because I was one of the only ones in the store who could work in multiple departments in the store.
Drama filled workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Salina, KSJune 30, 2015
Clock in. Consult immediate supervisor.
Review and complete to do list.
Items to complete would include assembly, stocking, and cleaning.
Menards
Hardware (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJune 29, 2015
Menards is a good hard working job that allows you to go forward with your goals and has a lot to offer there empolyees. I have enjoyed working there because it has been a fun hard working fun place to work for.
overal good
Morning Freight Stocker (Former Employee), Elgin ILJune 29, 2015
Pros: hour felexability
Cons: 6 days a week required
day to day morning freight stocking of shelves and pegs general customer services. had to break down pallets of freight to bring to department areas
Great small town business
1st Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee), Tipp City, OHJune 26, 2015
Pros: Close to home, Great co workers
Cons: Low compensation
Anna IGA is a great place for a starting job when you're young. They do not provide great pay but they are a great starter job.
Productive and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merrillville, INJune 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, great environment
Cons: Short lunches
On a typical day I stayed at the desk and helped various customers on all their paint needs. I learned a lot of paint specifics, like what to use in certain situations. Most of my coworkers were a delight to work with and the environment was enjoyable. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the management in my specific store. The most enjoyable part of my job was mixing paint and helping out customers and seeing that it impacted their painting experience.
Commercial sales rep
Commercial Sales Representative (Current Employee), Celina, OHJune 26, 2015
Pros: employee discount
As a commerical sales rep for Menards, a typical day would included assisting contractors with their orders. Sometime I'm in the store other times I go to the job sites. I also help customers at the builders desk.
Hard Work for Terrible Pay..
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Marion, IAJune 26, 2015
Pros: Workout
Cons: Short Breaks
A typical day at work would consist of heavy lifting and also a lot of moving things and pulling. I learned that Menards is a lot of work, and my manager was cool she was mainly the reason i kept working there. Co-Workers would say i would not last long because i was a girl and that they would not train me the way i was supposed to be trained. The hardest part of the job, was trying to learn everything from co workers because i was not completely trained how i needed to, to complete my job efficiently. Most enjoyable part was doing the work, i enjoy a challenge.
good place to work has taught me many great Management and ethical skills
sales manager (Former Employee), Matteson, ILJune 24, 2015
Pros: bonuses
Cons: long hours on your feet
training, coaching and guiding associates on customer service and interpersonal communication. Monitor the daily budget to ensure you stay profitable. stock inventory, as well as monitor inventory counts throughout the department, email buyers and vendors to ensue product come at a constant pace. read cost reports and analyze reporting to reduce employee waste. ensure that all hazards and and all safety practices are followed. I learned many different things while in Management, I learned the importance of team work as a manager you one of your primary roles is to maintain balance and structure within your department, by training, rewarding, and accountability. While as the manager i maintained a ethical relationship with all employees. The hardest part of this job was the long hours on your feet sometime 12 to 16 hour days. i really enjoyed communicating with both buyers and fellow team members.
interested in a challenge
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 24, 2015
Having worked for the same employer for 17 years has left me with few challenges to conquer. I am grateful for the security my employer has offered me and the past it has helped create.
Productive and fun workplace
Wall Coverings Employee (Former Employee), Muncie, INJune 24, 2015
A typical day would be assisting guests, mixing paint, and stocking shelves. I learned a lot about paint and wallcoverings products. Management was great. The hardest part of the job was stocking shelves and putting overstock away.
I loved working at Menards
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Sterling, ILJune 24, 2015
Working at Menard's was like a family. Everyone worked together very well. The management were very hard working as well and they were there for any and every problem.
i liked the work some managers can be big headed
Receiver, Morning Stocker (Former Employee), Hammond, INJune 24, 2015
Pros: overtime
loved the work but managers show favoritism to workers for advancement. the day to day work can get hectic you have to stay constantly moving. If you work In the back you will get called to work multiple projects at one time.
Productive and fun workplace with endless possibilities
Cashier (Former Employee), Bellevue, NEJune 23, 2015
A typical day includes a lot of hard work, fun, and overall positive interaction with all types of different people. Most of the managers are great and can teach you a lot. The best part of the job besides the customers is the coworkers and team setting.
fun envirment with supporting people all through mangement
morning stock (Former Employee), Clybourn IL,ChicagoJune 23, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: bad hours
i loved working at menards it taught me how to be productive any amount of time given to me. also Menards taught me how to be more verbal with asssociate and customers.
It was a very serious job. No fun.
Cashier (Former Employee), janesville, WIJune 23, 2015
A typical day at Menards for me was getting there, I would clock in and literally go stand at the register for eight hours. That's it.
menards
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), South Haven, MIJune 22, 2015
u would check ever day ur to do list like what need fixed or what or projects that need done or new plainagrams. management was ok the main gm well was nice at times I got to know the asst gms a lot better they would always tell me how I was how to become something more hardest part was winter because it would be freezing and they make u slide bucks of lumber in the cold
Fast paced and new learning workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cottage Grove, MNJune 22, 2015
Pros: Extra wage on weekends, bonuses, IPS
Cons: short breaks, dress code
I had basically no experience with cabinets, countertops, and/or appliances. I had to learn extremely fast and I loved learning every bit of it. I now have a new set of skills I would never have had, had I never started working at Menards. I love knowing how to make cabinets and how to install a dishwasher. The people that I work with are so helpful in my progress in my department.

1 2 3 4 5

About Menards

If sticks and stones break bones, what can two-by-fours and two-inch nails do? Menard's wondering that now that its biggest rivals – Read more

Menards Salaries