Menards Employee Reviews

Summary
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNOctober 22, 2017
Working for menards has shown me a lot of people and retail skills.
It is a fast paced environment with the option to advance your career and pay scale.
It's a good stepping stone job
Full-time sales team member (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INOctober 21, 2017
This job is fast paced and can be stressful at times. It is a great way to learn about how to use the merchandise that they sell. Sometimes the management forgets that they are employing human beings and not robots.
I like working for menards
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSOctober 20, 2017
I have learned to work at a different dept , service desk where our guests return the items they no longer want, its always good to learn other depts so that you could be able to move up
Paid fairly well but...
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 20, 2017
Menards was an OK place to work. It was everything you could expect from a retail job. Weekends, Nights, Holidays, etc. They are more flexable with the every other weekend shifts.
A good place to work
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIOctober 20, 2017
Work in the plumbing department. I have many years working retail sales. And have work in the plumbing field. Enjoy working with the public and helping finding solutions to their projects.
Pros
Working with good people
Cons
lack of hours
fast paced, its retail, so its always changing
Sales (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHOctober 19, 2017
menards is a great place to work but I don't want to make it my career. Has many benefits to look forward to, if you're full-time. If working for a long period of time, you can easily move up the corporate ladder.
Pros
raise evry 3 months
Cons
healthcare
Fasted paced and very busy
Yard/Shipping/Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 19, 2017
i was always working on something and always had more to do. there was never a dull moment because there was always a lot of coworkers doing a lot of different tasks and always a bunch of guests in the store to help get the products they needed for the projects they were working on
It was a good place to work.
Cart Pusher (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 18, 2017
I lived about a couple of miles away. Thus I rode my bike to and from work at Menards. It was located on University and Prior, I was there for a short period of time cause I had to move from one living place to a new place.
Pros
Menards was a good place to work.
Cons
It was stressful a lot of the time, cause I was always being watched by my managers.
Its a typical Retail Job
Morning Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 18, 2017
Menards is a good first job for somebody working to get into the workforce and gain some experience. Training is easy and when you apply your self you can get used to the job quickly. raises are a good reason to stay for a few years.
Pros
paid breaks, birthday gifts, and holiday gifts.
Cons
It gets very repetitive
Team Member in Building Materials (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 18, 2017
Good exercise and enjoy interacting with the guests. Learning a lot in the way of products and supplies within the store Co-workers are excellent. Technically I am a part time employee yet I still get nearly 40 hours every week with generous breaks and work schedule.
Exciting and Challenging Workplace!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 18, 2017
Menards is a fun work environment with unlimited opportunity for advancing! Our pay is fair and hours are really flexible I recommend anyone to check out Menards.
Pros
Flexible, safe, and supportive work environment.
Cons
Retail-
lots of breaks for part timers none for full time
First Assistant Front End Manager/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  West Lafayette, INOctober 17, 2017
honestly one of the worst/best companies I have worked for but I rather give up my bonus then stay at Menards any longer. IPS is a sick game General Office likes to play.
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILOctober 17, 2017
the people are very understanding to your requirements and very wonderful with helping the guest. At menards we help you save money while getting the things you need for your project.
Rough around the edges
Assistant Manager Receiving (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDOctober 17, 2017
Management was terrible, and completely unorganized. All employees carried themselves with a sense of entitlement that they were better than any other hardware store. Cheap knock off products, would not recommend to any contractor.
Pros
Cheap, cheap, cheap products
Cons
Poor management
Customer and associates are friendly, as well as knowledgable
Morning stocker (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOOctober 17, 2017
A stock and sales associate is a common position in the retail industry that combines several responsibilities necessary for the day-to-day operations of a store. In your retail business, you will likely require your stock and sales associates to perform functions related to clerking, stock and inventory, customer relations and even cleaning.
Very fast paced, wonderful environment and great employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Antigo, WIOctober 16, 2017
I loved working at Menards! The environment was very welcoming and comfortable. Everyone was always helping me and teaching me new things. I never felt out of place and I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a good one!
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Short Lunches
Cofortable work environment, great physical activity including a lot of walking
Garden Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNOctober 16, 2017
Menards is a nice place to work with a casual uniform, friendly coworkers, flexible break times, benefits including profit sharing, store credit bonuses and optional insurance benefits as well as 401k.
Overall it is a good company to work with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portage, INOctober 16, 2017
A typical day at Menards is almost always fast paced, productive and constant work. There is always something to do and different projects to take on. I have learned a lot while working at Menards, from product knowledge throughout the store to retail skills. The workplace is overall good, it is mostly a good environment to work in.
Pros
profit sharing and raises
Cons
working nights and weekends
Great Coworkers
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 15, 2017
Temporary work when I was a teenager. I made friends with my coworkers and enjoyed my work. A good job for minimum wage. Good working environment and atmosphere.
Needs improvement
Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 14, 2017
Okay place to work, however, poor management and lazy staff has caused me to desire a change. While the yard and receiving is a great place to work, there is much room for improvement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menards. Our community is ready to answer.