Menards
1,114 reviews

Menards Employee Reviews

Environment at Menards.
Stocker/Plan-o-grammer (Former Employee), Cicero, ILMay 25, 2015
Pros: 10% off every purchase.
Cons: Benefits were too expensive.
I started at 5am and I would receive my to do list from my GM. Environment at work was hostile at times. The management was unbalanced and very indecisive when taking decisions. 10
Great part-time job
Electrical Sales Rep (Current Employee), O'Fallon, ILMay 23, 2015
Pros: 15% discount
Cons: Sometimes forced to stay very late
I gained a lot of electrical knowledge of the course of my employment with Menards. The staff was friendly and I was happy to help a lot of the guests at this store.
Work based company, very focused on customer service
Outside Yard/Customer Service (Former Employee), Normal, ILMay 22, 2015
My day included mostly of unloading freight trucks in the morning, and occasionally stocking what I unloaded. After I finished that my day was mostly dealing with customers. The main thing was talking to customers to figure out what exactly there order was, going to find it for them, and then loading it into their vehicle. I also assisted customers without special orders by either taking them to, or directing them to a product that they were struggling to find. This job taught me how to deal wit the public in a very respectful way and to be as helpful as possible. My management and coworkers were both very helpful. They would walk me around to show me where everything was, and if after if I still had trouble locating something they had no problem showing me exactly where it was again. The hardest part of my job is when I couldn't find something that a customer couldn't find since I felt as though I should know exactly where everything in the store was. This was handled very easily when I would take the customer with me to find another coworker to assist us. The customer was always appreciate that I went with them instead of just pointing them in a general direction. The best part of that job is when someone came in for a large quantity of items and I would assist them on loading it up, the gratitude they showed me for helping always brought me joy.
Menards
Cashier (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIMay 22, 2015
Pros: Long breaks, higher weekend pay
Cons: Not enough hours
Menards was a great environment to work in. Everyday something new happened with customers, whether it was compliments about how well they found a product or how efficient our employees had worked. It made you come into work with a smile on your face.
sales
Sales associate (Former Employee), Merrillville, INMay 21, 2015
I was a sales associate and handled customer service also stocked and ordered special items and dealt with customer complaints and enhanced my skills to work in a diverse atmosphere with my coworkers.
Menards is a fun and busy place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee), Melrose Park, ILMay 21, 2015
Pros: Fun and busy
Cons: short breaks
Menards is a busy and fun place to work at. You learn something new every day about all types of housing projects. My customers and coworkers are great!
Team Player
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Antioch, ILMay 21, 2015
A typical day at Menards is all about guest service. I learn to help and take care of all guest to keep them happy. So they will return and enjoy their experience at Menards. At Menards were all team players we help each other and enjoy working with one another. The managers are very good help and solve problems of unhappy guest. The hardest part of the day is not giving the guest what they come in the store to get, to start or finish a project. What I enjoy must about my job is the guest, I love talking with them and laughing with the guest. That lets me know the guest are very satisfied.
Not a place I liked but its a job
Cashier (Former Employee), Hammond, INMay 20, 2015
Did not really enjoy working at Menards but a job is a job at the time. Not a fan of learning all the different type of wood and hardware
good stepping stone and training
Contractor Sales Account Service Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, WIMay 18, 2015
Long hours and very demanding for low pay. Required you to put in 60 plus hrs a week as a manager and not make the money equivalent to that kind of work hours
Lot of work for not a lot of pay
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Johnson Creek, WIMay 17, 2015
As a part time employee in the shipping and receiving department they expect a lot of work from you for not a lot of pay. Lot of physical labor involved in this job and the pay does not reflect that.
Yes, but some improvements woulld go far
Morning Stocker (Current Employee), Livonia, MIMay 13, 2015
Pros: Freedom as an employee
Cons: Not enough people on my job
I work with several people. The management seem to be interested, and concerned about everyone. Its heavy work climbing ladders loading palets. The good part is helpping customers. That sense of furfillment knowing I can help.
Fun enviorment
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 13, 2015
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: long days
Good place to work. Good place for a person to permote. They try to accomidate your outside life and with kids and scheeduling
Good job that has taught me a lot of new skills.
Yard Shipping Receiving Manager (Current Employee), Richfield, MNMay 12, 2015
Pros: advancement within the company, unlimited overtime
Cons: Limited time off, poor benefits, retail
A typical day at work involves me overseeing the safe and efficient operation of the lumber yard and shipping receiving area. I have learned many skills such as operating a order selector and forklift. I have also gained management experience. The hardest part of my job is having to manage forty people in the stores largest department trying to keep everyone happy and at the same time maintaining a clean and organized yard. The most enjoyable part of my job is the maintaining one of the top yards in the company.
Very poor compenstation
Hardware Salesman (Former Employee), Forsyth, ILMay 11, 2015
Very poor pay. You have to start out as a part-time and typically have to move for advancement. Training was very good however and managers were fairly competent.
Terrible.
Cashier (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 11, 2015
I hated this job the moment I walked through the door. Awful work environment and terrible staff. Also a very dirty place, especially the bathrooms.
great working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Moline, ILMay 11, 2015
help guests with plumbing problems
learned all kinds of aspects of plumbing
built great relationships with all of the managers as well as co workers
hardest part was learning plumbing knowledge
fixing peoples issues
Sales Associate Floorcoverings (Current Employee), Marquette, MIMay 9, 2015
learn something new everyday, always something to do; weather it be helping guests, putting away freight or completing online orders.
Ok company
Assistant Lead (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIMay 9, 2015
I really like the other employees. The company had good benefits, but the company itself made you feel as if you could lose your job anytime. They did not treat their employees well.
Fun workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee), Hanover Park, ILMay 7, 2015
Coworkers are super nice and helpful. Learn a lot of different useful skills well working there. Helping customers is the most enjoyable part of the job.
My Review of Menards
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILMay 6, 2015
Pros: people are great
Cons: management sucks/ to conservative
My experience at Menards is not all that great. the people you work with are great, but once you go into management you end up fearing for you life whether you're going to get yelled at by someone above you.

1 2 3 4 5

About Menards

If sticks and stones break bones, what can two-by-fours and two-inch nails do? Menard's wondering that now that its biggest rivals – Read more

Menards Salaries