Menasha Corporation Employee Reviews

It was a bad work experince
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Bad work environment, a lot of fights and Ex cons work up there. I left there bc i felt didnt safe. They only gave 1 break with a 8 hour shift. If u want to work hard for little pay then work there
Shipping- Osage City KS
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Osage City, KSDecember 31, 2016
This company in general is good but the Osage plant has the worst management ever. They never take the lower employees opinions serious. When anything happens they always point fingers an write people up. They do not properly train anyone an they write them up when something happends. If someone is 1 min late clocking in they get half a point even if it was not their fault. The management overall treats their employees like slaves. Instead of checking to see if there was the right amount of product put on a truck with mathematics the easy way they make you unload by hand and the reload the truck. Using math would be faster an easier on the employees. When someone gets hurt they make reasons why it wasn't from work. This plant is all about not taking responsibility for their actions.
Pros
benifits
Cons
everything else
Alot of discrimination
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Newville, PADecember 27, 2016
Racism and discrimination among a majority of the employees. Very unorganized. The managers play favoritism with their employees. Alot of unnecessary rules.
Authorized and expected to report any quality
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, CADecember 21, 2016
Ability to write professional reports, business correspondence, and technical procedures.
Develops QA audits and inspections schedules.
Participates i
Not A Horrible Employer
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSDecember 7, 2016
Worked here a while ago and enjoyed my time there until the General Manager changed. The company is very sales oriented and that doesn't leave a lot of room for upward mobility from the production ranks.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Sales focused
Not fun workplace
Spherion Temp (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 5, 2016
Easy but not much Work
No breaks
Ripping card board all day
Line Leaders not supportive
Hardest part dealing with management
Easy part is the Work
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
No breaks
Good job to have
INVENTORY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 12, 2016
I have learned several things while at Menahsa , the staff is fairly friendly and management is fairly accessible. No complaints except the pay scale was too low.
Pros
Good ethics
Cons
long hours, short breaks, very little down time.
Challenging but great learning experience
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Osage City, KSOctober 23, 2016
You can learn a lot because the size of the plant is small so you can be expose to more learning opportunities. Responsibility dose not equal the pay.
Good job
Production line assemble (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2016
Easy work fun place. Not much to say but if you don't have a job come apply. We just work with boxes. Just apply.. Easy work and fun place to be..
Provide All Safety gear you need
Plastic Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIOctober 12, 2016
Very helpful, considerate: Supervisors, leads, and employees. I learned a lot and loved everyday of my job. Paid lunch time and stretching before work.
Pros
Paid to stretch ten minutes prior to start daily
Cons
Very demanding Job
productive and funwork place different verity of products
lead (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, CAOctober 2, 2016
I like what I do team leader good at what I do enjoy taking care dutties computer work as well I'm hard work the company is a clean environment friendly people
Constant fast paced work.
Production Worker (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Tobyhanna, PA 18466July 29, 2016
Typical Day - 7:00am to 3:30pm Constantly fast paced through out entire day. On your feet all day other than breaks. ( Two breaks) - Combined for 45minutes.

Learned - How to work in a fast pace environment.
Learned- To communicate with coworkers and work together.
Learned- Comunicate to a certain extend with other languages.
Learned- To receive products in with company scanner.
Learned- How to receive in products and components under quality department.
Learned - To check production lines with paper work under quality department.
Learned- To fill out paper for quality department.

Management - Expects the job done and done correctly. Can be very friendly though if having any questions to ask. (Human Resoures is great an very friendly)

Hardest part of Job - Wrapping pallets for the entire day on an extremely fast paced line. (Listerine pallets 80boxes per pallet 6 bottles in each box to stack in correct way an organized with an average of 55pallets a day. 4800 boxes of listerine to stack up neatly and wrap very tight with plastic wrap. Typically one person.

Most Enjoyable part - I communicate very well with other. So working in a company with numerous people all day is no issue for me.
Pros
HR very nice. Rewarded with new positions with hard work.
Cons
No benefits an low pay.
Good Company
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 10, 2016
A lot of good people with good attitudes at this company. Progressive thinking and hard workers. People were willing to help each other. Sometimes I ran out of work but I always could find something else productive to do.
i would have continued to work if it was closer
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILJune 8, 2016
I originally was hired to work for The Strive Group, which was privately owned but the company was acquired by a global corporation who was very high energy and more sales oriented instead of customer oriented. The hours became longer. I learned more and was able to work more independently but felt challenged because of the lack of training.
Pros
learned more
Cons
hours
fun place to work the manager was easy to get along with
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Windom, MNJune 6, 2016
pulling parts to count and unloading and loading trailers cleaning out empty containers putting parts away. co-workers were pretty good
Pros
good management
Cons
layoffs
The people make this a fun place to work
Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMay 19, 2016
Pros:
The coworkers are friendly and are able to help when you need it.
Each day brings some new challenge
Being able to take plant tours helps you see the whole process and helps with understanding
Cons:
When working in the plants, some workers can be a little pessimistic which can bring down the mood.
Good company until sold in 1999
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMay 14, 2016
The founding brothers built and ran a great company, treating all with respect and allowing for plenty of opportunities for personal growth. They trusted and delegating great levels of responsibility. When sold in 1999 (for retirement) the investment bankers bought and ruined all their good work, so much so, the company was virtually bankrupt by 2001.
Pros
Great opportunities until sold in 1999
Cons
Bad management since the sale (greed and not paying attention to the business)
ORBIS is a very open and trusting culture focused on their employees
Director of Lean Continuous Improvement (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIMay 10, 2016
Keeping a good work life balance is difficult because of the amount of opportunities within the organization. Orbis needs to hire more talent from the outside and build a better bench strength with it's internal employees
Great Culture
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Yukon, PAMay 5, 2016
Everyone there treated me like family, even when I struggled through certain parts of the job. From the employees on the machine to those who worked in the office I was treated very well
Pros
Very helpful, promotes safety first, great atmosphere
Cons
Have little control over work schedule
the job is very easy start if you need somewhere to work.
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILApril 22, 2016
I be busy almost every day at work. The work is not hard but it get stressful at times. I learned how to ship thing out the warehouse and how to run the cycle count reports. The management is great and i love my co-worker. The most enjoyable time at work is when I'm doing with my paperwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menasha Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9