Menlo Worldwide Logistics Employee Reviews

A very fast paced environment with constant change
Business Analyst, Value Engineering (Current Employee), Lithia Springs, GAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Weekly Pay, Amazing growth opportunity, Exposure to many cutting edge technologies, Industry Leading Logistical operations, Financially Stable
Cons: Various accounts, due to the nature of their particular industries, make procedural changes difficult due to the constant and immediate change of operational direction.
This company is extremely large and has a multitude of various accounts. Although the accounts are managed by Menlo, they are all diverse in their operation and corporate visions, which are dictated by our clients. This company is an amazing experience to gain exposure to tools used by the largest companies in the world and being so, the opportunity for advancement is exponential. Due to the fast paced nature of various accounts, one must be willing to fast track many of process improvement initiatives, which enable Analysts and Project Managers to improve their Impact on change, within shorter time frames.
Challenging yet fun workplace.
Operations Clerk (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Three 15 minute breaks, fun townhall meetings
Cons: 4am or 6am starts
I began at this job as a verifyer which is where I would look over the freight that came in and matched the information to a pack-list. Then after a month I was moved into the office to learn how to data enter. This position was a bit more difficult because there was much more information to remember, but I enjoyed the challenge. Then I was moved to my last and final position and was given a raise. The most difficult part of working for Menlo was when I became in charge of the Grief Area. This is where all of the problems were solved. It helped having such great co-workers who would help me with anything I needed because at first it was hard for me. With the little bit of training I recieved, I taught my self most of the job.
Inbound Receiving/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work starts with a morning "huddle" meeting in the warehouse to determine what the goal for the department should be. For example, how many trailers were in the dock doors, and how much work would come into the office to be data entered and sent back out on the floor to be received.
Load Planner
Load Planner (Current Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, good health insurance
Cons: Average pay, boring, no windows to look out.
Not much opportunity for growth. Pay is average, but the people are nice. You come into work and do the same thing everyday.
Productive work place
IT Infrastructure/Technical Support (Current Employee), Lithia Springs, GAJune 2, 2015
Maintain operational functionality of hardware as directed by IT or business partners. Key point of contact on site for all related system questions, concerns and/or issues as they pertain to the everyday operations. Support system and/or software updates to equipment as directed. Support WMS system-related functionality issues as on site point of contact.
Job Advancement is excellent!
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Lithia Springs, GAMay 12, 2015
Within Menlo, I am in charge of a team of 20 employees working in the Outbound Department. We are responsible
for the on time shipping of all Domestic and International orders for Google, Inc. I oversee the shipping metrics, the
Lean 5-S programs, Kronos for payroll, as well as the performance management of my team members. I am a
State certified equipment and safety trainer, trained by Enviro Safetech in Cranbury, NJ. I work directly with both HR to
to assist my employees with any personal matters, and the Inventory Control Team to rectify and errors that arise
with our shipments.

The most enjoyable part of my day is the associates I work with. I have a great team under me!
Depends on the account...
Transportation Analyst (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIMay 10, 2015
Depending on the account you work for, this place can be great, or terrible. Sometimes the expectation is "whatever the customer needs". That means staying late, coming in on weekends, missing family time. I have worked on one account that was terrific, the other two, were a nightmare.
very proficiency and productive firm
Temporary worker (Former Employee), LITHIA SPRINGS, GAMay 7, 2015
Pros: ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLY
Cons: STRICTLY ENFORCE RULES ABOUT USE OF COMMUNICATION DEVICES
there a lot to learn everyday. Learn how to increase production with scare resources, team work, efficiency of labor. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MANAGEMENT AND WORKERS.
CHANGING OWNER CODES ARE THE MOST DIFFICULT PART, AND PROCESSING IS THE MUCH EASIEST WAY OF THE JOB.
Great hard working people
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee), Lebanon TNApril 27, 2015
Pros: great place
Cons: closing
This place was an enjoyable place to work and grow with the company. the business closed the door and moved out of state.I had to look for a new career or job.
Good people to work around, but missing organization with the warehouse.
Forklift Operator/Data Entry - Lithia Springs (Former Employee), lithia springsApril 15, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Lack of experienced management
While there is plenty of work to do when you clock-in, the lack of organization makes processing the work that much more difficult. With the turn over rate being as high as it is, it is hard to find someone that has extensive knowledge of the system and how the operations work.
Nice working enviorment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCApril 6, 2015
Driving basiloid forklifts loading and unloading trucks also scanning product to be put into inventory, the managers were good guys the coworkers were friendly,the hardest part of the job was loading at times but got the hang of it rather quickly
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Blair, NEMarch 24, 2015
Pros: GREAT BENEFITS
Cons: NONE THAT I CAN THINK OF
LOAD AND UNLOAD TRUCKS, RUN PRODUCTION LINE. I BECAME OSHA CERTIFIED. I LIKE ALL OF MY CO-WORKERS AND SUPERVISORS. I ENJOY EVERY ASPECT OF MY JOB. THE OPPERTUNITIES TO LEARN POSITIONS AND RESPONSIBILTIES AND TO ADVANCE CAREER ARE THERE FOR EVERYONE.
Typical Warehouse / Logistics Company
Senior Solutions Engineer (Current Employee), Lithia Springs, GAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: Good company to work for.
Cons: Commute is a little long
One of the world's leading providers of warehousing and logistics solutions worldwide in the high technology / industrial vertical market.
Not for an ambitious professional
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Kent, WAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: steady work
Cons: poor management
There is little potential for growth in this position, and it is not a strong resume builder unless you want to do the exact same thing at another company. But, why would you unless there's something terribly wrong with your current employer?

There is some opportunity to learn new skills in Lean, but otherwise a basic warehousing job.

Management is slothful. They care more about the status quo than excellence, one of the company's core values.

Co-workers are decent. Some are difficult to deal with because of language barriers, personality, or both. They have little to no interest doing their jobs well. If taking a few extra steps makes their work difficult or inconvenient, they will avoid them which creates difficulties for others doing their work.

There really isn't anything terribly hard about this job. Sometimes, there is overtime work, but less now than during start-up.

The most enjoyable thing was learning and applying Lean, but that has slowed down as well.

Lastly, there are few opportunities for training, and little standardization across the company in terms of operations and institutional knowledge.
GREAT BENEFITS
Traffic Office Specialist/Recv Dock Controller (Current Employee), Burton, MIFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: not paid for lunch
Multi-tasking is key in this job. Very great to work with different types of individuals on a daily basis. Team work is crucial. Staying busy every moment is the best thing about the day.
productive and a great place to work the associates were very friendly.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Carlisle, PAFebruary 14, 2015
I have expanded my computer knowledge while working for Menlo.
I have worked with some very great and exciting people over the last 18 months.
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Pataskala, OHFebruary 12, 2015
Lead group in all warehouse functions, Report any load overage or shortage to Transportation Dept. Train new employees in all warehouse positions, Enter inbound loads into SIMS inventory tracking systems. Responsible for security for the warehouse work with local police on all alarm calls.
High Tech Industry
Project Manager/Customer Service Trainee Manager (Former Employee), San Jose,CAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: culture employee retention
Cons: no commits at this time
My experience while at Menlo Worldwide for 16 years was a great opportunity. I worked on multiple accounts which included HP, and Cisco systems. I really enjoyed my co-workers and building trust throughout my employment with management.
My most enjoyable part of my job was training new associates to operate on customers case management tool Sales force.com. As well as assisting cross warehouse associates to ensure that we meet and exceed customers demands.
ok
Packer/Machine Operator/Shipper/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Midland, GAJanuary 7, 2015
menlo is a ok company just terrible pay and workers feel under appreciate
On-Site Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Bellevue, OHNovember 9, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: located in michi
Great job, great training programs, team players, I really liked myjob duties and position.