Menlo WW Logistics Employee Reviews in United States

Good advancement if you are willing
Sr. Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 21, 2015
Every job presents various challenges. If you are able and willing to put the time in, and commit to the success of your 3PL account, you will be able to push up the ladder in a quick manner. You can move fast and far. Advancement (for my experience in my locale) is possible for management. Hourly advancement is only possible with the right supervisor/manager that can push. Many managers do not development their employees, and hence, hourly may suffer with advancement.

Very large company with very large lateral opportunities. Company rewards mgmt. generously, but makes sure to take care of hourly employees first. When company disperses bonuses... hourly gets bonus prior to salary. Employee of the month, most organized/cleanest area "GOLDEN BROOM" awards, voices and values committee, and more.
Pros
lunches, advancement for the right people, good bonus
Cons
long hours, committed to the success of the account is needed
Busy with lots of split decisions
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDSeptember 30, 2015
I have roughly 45 individuals that work for me that come from all walks of life. I start my day of planning for the shift and directing personal to manage the needs of the company. With outdated equipment and a general lack of motivation from most of my welders to get the most done, I communicate the needs and goals of the company while ensuring that morale is as high as it can be. Every day problems araise and I must make split second decisions that can affect the bottom line. I meet with other supervisors in the building to discuss a plan of action for the day. I walk the weld shop (which is roughly the size of a football field) and ensure no safety issues are found or needs to be addressed.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
working with outdated equipment while maintaining a certain amount of build numbers.
Challenging yet fun workplace.
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 24, 2015
I began at this job as a verifyer which is where I would look over the freight that came in and matched the information to a pack-list. Then after a month I was moved into the office to learn how to data enter. This position was a bit more difficult because there was much more information to remember, but I enjoyed the challenge. Then I was moved to my last and final position and was given a raise. The most difficult part of working for Menlo was when I became in charge of the Grief Area. This is where all of the problems were solved. It helped having such great co-workers who would help me with anything I needed because at first it was hard for me. With the little bit of training I recieved, I taught my self most of the job.
Pros
Three 15 minute breaks, fun townhall meetings
Cons
4am or 6am starts
A good place to work if the manager is happy
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCOctober 25, 2015
The manager can be very unprofessional at times, especially when he/she is having a bad day. They take it out on all the employees. Yelling at employees if front of other employees, which is the most unprofessional move a manager can do.
Pros
401k
Cons
management
I enjoyed working with my co workers and our customer and learning installing servers
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner SCAugust 26, 2015
Long hours and hard work for very low pay and promotions given to employees that had no experience in that field. I did enjoy building a very good relationship with our customer and learning how to install servers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay, little to no help with benefits, underutilized
i can only speak to my location
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GASeptember 19, 2015
Untrustworthy upper management. Many unscheduled weekend work assignments. My co-workers are great, however there are a lot of secrets and talk behind your back. The benefits are great in comparison to my previous employers. (home Depot, UPS)
Pros
good benefits
Cons
scheduling/ (upper) management
menlo
temp (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMarch 21, 2016
Menlo was a fun and learning experiment. my typical day at menlo was to come and get the safety meeting started before our shifts. After the meeting i was in charge of making sure every order was pulled off the computer and printed out for every picker. After i got done with the order planning i would go down the isle to see if anything was running short and need replenish. If i couldnt replenish it with what we had in the warehouse i was in charge of ordering it from another company and after i place the order i would have to call and email the company to make sure the got the order. At the end of the day i was in charge of making sure every order was pulled and that it was loaded and picked right.
Pros
fun environment, steady work, fun people, laid back
Cons
wasnt organized
Fast paced job and loved it!
Inbound Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 19, 2016
I absolutely love a job where I can get started as soon as I clock in and have a smooth and continuous work flow throughout the day. I am an easy going person and get along with everybody. I can't say anything bad about my position at Menlo. They believed in work-life balance and it certainly worked well for me! It's too bad our contract was out bid by another company.
Pros
First Shift, Monday through Friday
Cons
Different rules / Favoritism for some employees.
I enjoyed the people I worked with along with my supervisor/manager
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2015
Great when it came to employees and the work was easy. I would complete ABC counts then research lost items.
I improved on communicating, research, computer skills and how to supervise and manage better.
I worked with a great supervisor/manager but I had little confidence in their other management staff.
My co-workers was part of the reason I stayed as long as I did.
Was dealing with unorganized management staff and biting my tongue on some issues.
I was allowed to work with and learn from two of the best management personnel they had at our location and co-workers
Pros
early in early out, paid every week and easy work
Cons
short breaks, weak leadership
It's not a bad job when your young looking for a steady income. Most of the people here are fun and easy to get along with, makes the days go by fast.
Inbound system admin/Order picker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 20, 2015
I clock in, walk to my desk and start working on any loads on the floor or any trucks waiting in the door. breaks are usually 2-3 hours apart. 3 breaks a day, your two fifteens and a thirty minute break. If there isn't much work you'd be sent home early but its usually a lot going on.
Pros
management is fair and are easy to get along with
Cons
little to no advancement

Want to know more about Menlo WW Logistics?

Ask a question
Cooperative, Fun And Easy going Environment.
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILSeptember 15, 2015
The work environment overall is non chaotic when everyone is in sync work goes smoothly. The Management does great at giving direction, their willingness to help see you succeed in this company is very generous. Everyone gets a fair chance in advancement opportunity, Bonuses, and off days. There is nothing hard about the job itself very easy and direct. I enjoy opening new product to see how things work and swapping damaged parts for new part. There can be times where management cracks down on productivity just to reach monthly and yearly goals, but its all apart of the job.
Pros
Bonuses, Free Lunches, Prizes for Commitment.
Cons
No set schedules
great company with good leadership
Principal Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  remoteMarch 16, 2016
Management provide active support to employees at all levels.
People are very friendly and willing to help.
Growth opportunities are great.
Easy for people to learn new skills/business
Nice people to work with
LOAD PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 30, 2015
Menlo is a nice company to work for if don't have a life outside of work. You will endure long hours . The pay is decent, could be better.
Boring
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAJanuary 19, 2016
Productive but boring. Work was slow at times we would just be standing around with nothing to do. Management needs more work. Co workers were fun to be around.
Cons
Lots of free time
Fun Place to work
Administrative Assistants (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 6, 2016
• Setting up Daily conference calls with the managers in the field and VP of operations taking notes and send them out daily Project support for office and field managers
• Preparation of weekly reports and special projects
• Organized special events
• Record all expenses for the field managers and made up the monthly report to accounting for expense reimbursement
Was a good place right away.
Receiving Clerk/Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 15, 2016
Everything was great until Menlo let the customer have the reings and started pulling strings. A lot of good people were let go and replaced with cheaper labor that did't understand processes as well.
Very unorganized
Material Handler/Processor (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMarch 31, 2015
Very negative atmosphere and really no advancement for the employees. The company over works its employees for very little compnsation. I really feel like I made a mistake coming here.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not enough compensation and negative atmosphere
Productive workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Blair, NEMarch 24, 2015
Load and unload trucks, run production line. I became osha certified. I like all of my co-workers and supervisors. I enjoy every aspect of my job. The oppertunities to learn positions and responsibilties and to advance career are there for everyone.
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS
Cons
NONE THAT I CAN THINK OF
Very unorganized
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAApril 1, 2015
low moral throughout the whole warehouse. site manager is extremely rude racist and does not value his employees. long work weeks with 1 day off. mandatory weekends have been enforced for about 8 months now. no incentives bonuses or pay raises. not a great place to work at all!
full time work with overtime available
Full Time-Salary (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJAugust 14, 2015
Always enough work but inconsistent volume, unpredictable work hours. Poor management and support system with little or no recognition for going above and beyond. This is the case mostly with the site I worked at.Most of the company's other sites were better work environments but difficult to move from one site to the next.
Pros
Full time with potential for overtime, some temp to perm opportunity, competitive pay
Cons
poor management, little or no room to advance, no reward or recognition system, odd hours of operation