Menlo Employee Reviews

3rd shift order planner
XPO Logistics Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 11, 2017
My typical day at menlo involved planning order for the entire warehouse on 3rd shift. So i was constantly on the go whether it was take orders to the lines or relocating part to produce more orders. My day was never boring.
Pros
I like my coworkers
Cons
needed more vendors i like food
The workplace was enjoyable to work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 23, 2017
Menlo was a company that ships out hockey equipment to make sure there customers were satisfied. Menlo was well management and had a great group of people there that worked hard and made the workplace a comfortable environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was making sure that every order had the correct product that was being shipped out due to lack of storage area.
warehouse
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
the warehouse was really big but its really hot during the summer it is a heavy labor and it was thru a staffing agency so they did not pick you for the company
Menlo
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 10, 2017
Warehouse well organized, management was helpful and professional. Great team work which assisted to have high production at the end of shift. Coworkers were willing and able to take on tasks when asked.
Fun work place snack machines and microwave
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Curtis Bay, MDMarch 5, 2017
Fast paste work environment they had 3 different shifts 4am to 12:30pm 6am to 2:30pm and 9am to 5:30 pm enjoyed working with my coworkers and management wasn't to bad either.
Cons
Two 15min breaks one 30min lunch
good place to work
forklift/pallet jack oper (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 18, 2016
I would go to work get my loads and complete them got along with my co workers long hrs but but I got the job done. Around peek season it would get very busy and the hrs could wear you out a little but it was a decent company
Pros
it was constant work
low work morale
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJanuary 8, 2016
not an enjoyable place to work. there are no opportunities for career advancement. Dead end company with poor management
Fast and enjoyable paced job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 29, 2015
• Received, stored and distributed goods
• Loaded and unloaded shipments
• Packed and unpacked orders as and when instructed
• Verified quantities and items being shipped
• Gave great work hours
horrible
Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 7, 2015
horrible warehouse experience glad it was only a temp job with a temp agency. management was never anywhere to be found.
Menlo has some real bad issues keeping employees
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 2, 2015
i am passionate about welding so for me it is always a fun exciting day i know 90% of the jobs fabricated and welded throughout the shop. The politics and decisions made are poorly done. They expect work to be done with very under skilled employees. They go through a two week welding course spend a couple weeks with a trainer and get put on a line with no experience with tools jigs or welding equipment. This brings a very high employee turn over rate and brings on a lot of pressure and makes things tough on senior and skilled welders to carry the weight of others. Menlo offers training to new hires witch is great you cant bring in employees that are so under skilled it causes safety and communication with staff very difficult.
Pros
Good pay and Great bennifets
Cons
dont always have the equipment needed to do our jobs correctly
Enjoyable
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 13, 2015
I really enjoyed working here but the pay is horrible for what we do. The "raises" are a joke and although they hire within the company first, an outsider took a management role when I applied.

It was nice having almost every weekend off to be with my family and the co-workers are pretty easy to get along with as well.
Pros
Free meals/drinks
Cons
Health Insurance, Wage
warehouse
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 23, 2015
using forklifts pallet riders reach trucks picking shipments taking them to dock replenishing areas that need replenishment
It is really one of the better warehouse jobs out there!
Receiving Clerk Lead (Current Employee) –  San BernardinoJune 24, 2015
I started with the company and worked my way up. Its nice but its not something I want to continue. Im looking for something much better and want to go back to school. But this company is making it a little harder with summer time and we are really busy. But it is stable work and it has been pretty good. Everyone also complains everyday and it is really annoying. Management is ok. Its just me i guess I really dont want to be there for the rest of my life.
Pros
Steady and easy work. Peers get along really well.
Cons
Schedules. Gossip. Lazy employees.
Menlo
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAMay 25, 2015
Working at menlo was good..i got my forklift license and the co-worker was like family to me. the hardest part was on the forklift all day
fun fast pace
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILMarch 24, 2015
fast pace hard working and heavy lifting lots of projects to do labeling processing and shipping lots friendly people check in the driver check out the driver
Productive, unsteady work
Returns Lead (Current Employee) –  Pataskala, OHMarch 17, 2015
Still in start up mode after two years always changing stuff and not sure what they want to do overall.
Still trying to put together somewhat of a team to over come everything.
Benefits
Cons
Promotions
Good
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 4, 2015
The job was ok but for the many different areas we had to work in I think the pay should have a little more higher. The leads were young so sometimes work seemed as if it were mot being ran properly
Room to grow...
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 26, 2015
I have good days at work for the most part ..I have entered a company that has just moved to the tri city area. we are still trying our hardest to put things in place . to make the company a better place to be employed at. there a slight high turn over here at the company I work for so its kind of hard to put six sigma and rules into place for those that come into the doors of this company and want to stay...I have learned a lot in the past year that I have been there. I love the people that are in my department .the hardest part of my job would be when the company hires a lot of the temps to work and then lay them off after we have worked with them for a good bit of time ...the most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting so many wonderful new people and learning from some of the new people that we come across ...
Good to work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pataskala, OHDecember 10, 2014
Very enjoyable pace and environment. very easy to work with co workers come and go. hardest part is the continual lifting. best part is the people
Productivety
MATERIAL HANDLER/PROCUREMENT (Current Employee) –  OregonOctober 16, 2014
Typal day come in at 4;30am to get Outbound ready for shipping. I print off packing list varies from 4-12 per day pull what i need to meet qty, do SAP transaction and scan bar codes into a spreadsheet and they are ready for packaging and shipping. I then go multi task between cart runs from fab to fab or pulling orders for customers in between recording logs into a spreadsheet or working on Lean activity. Mid morning is arrivial of receiving trucks to dtrash put into Migo thru SAP deliver parts to customers or put away in bins. I then pull inventory list for replen to stock the fab daily with different part numbers. wipe down and put into fab. Then finish the day with customer orders. I have 2 other co workers I work with that come in different hours. the hardest part of the day is making sure everything matches to a T for shipping out to the other countries. I love multi tasking and staying busy that is my most enjoyable part of the day