Menlo Employee Reviews

Menlo has some real bad issues keeping employees
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 2, 2015
i am passionate about welding so for me it is always a fun exciting day i know 90% of the jobs fabricated and welded throughout the shop. The politics and decisions made are poorly done. They expect work to be done with very under skilled employees. They go through a two week welding course spend a couple weeks with a trainer and get put on a line with no experience with tools jigs or welding equipment. This brings a very high employee turn over rate and brings on a lot of pressure and makes things tough on senior and skilled welders to carry the weight of others. Menlo offers training to new hires witch is great you cant bring in employees that are so under skilled it causes safety and communication with staff very difficult.
Pros
Good pay and Great bennifets
Cons
dont always have the equipment needed to do our jobs correctly
Fast and enjoyable paced job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 29, 2015
• Received, stored and distributed goods
• Loaded and unloaded shipments
• Packed and unpacked orders as and when instructed
• Verified quantities and items being shipped
• Gave great work hours
low work morale
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJanuary 8, 2016
not an enjoyable place to work. there are no opportunities for career advancement. Dead end company with poor management
Enjoyable
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAAugust 13, 2015
I really enjoyed working here but the pay is horrible for what we do. The "raises" are a joke and although they hire within the company first, an outsider took a management role when I applied.

It was nice having almost every weekend off to be with my family and the co-workers are pretty easy to get along with as well.
Pros
Free meals/drinks
Cons
Health Insurance, Wage
It is really one of the better warehouse jobs out there!
Receiving Clerk Lead (Current Employee) –  San BernardinoJune 24, 2015
I started with the company and worked my way up. Its nice but its not something I want to continue. Im looking for something much better and want to go back to school. But this company is making it a little harder with summer time and we are really busy. But it is stable work and it has been pretty good. Everyone also complains everyday and it is really annoying. Management is ok. Its just me i guess I really dont want to be there for the rest of my life.
Pros
Steady and easy work. Peers get along really well.
Cons
Schedules. Gossip. Lazy employees.
horrible
Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 7, 2015
horrible warehouse experience glad it was only a temp job with a temp agency. management was never anywhere to be found.
Room to grow...
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 26, 2015
I have good days at work for the most part ..I have entered a company that has just moved to the tri city area. we are still trying our hardest to put things in place . to make the company a better place to be employed at. there a slight high turn over here at the company I work for so its kind of hard to put six sigma and rules into place for those that come into the doors of this company and want to stay...I have learned a lot in the past year that I have been there. I love the people that are in my department .the hardest part of my job would be when the company hires a lot of the temps to work and then lay them off after we have worked with them for a good bit of time ...the most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting so many wonderful new people and learning from some of the new people that we come across ...
warehouse
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 23, 2015
using forklifts pallet riders reach trucks picking shipments taking them to dock replenishing areas that need replenishment
Fast pace and exciting
Network Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHOctober 10, 2012
I performed a wide variety of scheduling, expediting and record keeping on a daily basis.

Some of my responsibilities included round the clock communication with pilots, ground handlers, fuelers and field staff, to ensure that all freight arrived at destination within their allotted schedule.
Pros
working in a fast pace, exciting setting.
Cons
the freight industry has a very small profit margin, consequently there is always a chance of not succeeding.
Menlo
Racks planner (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GASeptember 25, 2014
I'm currently with this company,i enjoy my co-workers as well as my management team,but far as a established company there very unorganized and there a 3rd party logistics company,there contract always on probation and i don't think that's somewhere i would like to be as my career.
Pros
ii now have experience as a planner
Cons
not good benefits
Good
Welder (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 29, 2013
Good company to work for.....start out with meetings then get to work for two hours before break and always gotta make sure your stay busy cause at times it can get pretty boring fast. Supervirsors are okay depending on who you work with. Welding is great even if you do not had any experience like I had you can still learn
Pros
welding
Cons
too many breaks
Productive, unsteady work
Returns Lead (Current Employee) –  Pataskala, OHMarch 17, 2015
Still in start up mode after two years always changing stuff and not sure what they want to do overall.
Still trying to put together somewhat of a team to over come everything.
Benefits
Cons
Promotions
Productivety
MATERIAL HANDLER/PROCUREMENT (Current Employee) –  OregonOctober 16, 2014
Typal day come in at 4;30am to get Outbound ready for shipping. I print off packing list varies from 4-12 per day pull what i need to meet qty, do SAP transaction and scan bar codes into a spreadsheet and they are ready for packaging and shipping. I then go multi task between cart runs from fab to fab or pulling orders for customers in between recording logs into a spreadsheet or working on Lean activity. Mid morning is arrivial of receiving trucks to dtrash put into Migo thru SAP deliver parts to customers or put away in bins. I then pull inventory list for replen to stock the fab daily with different part numbers. wipe down and put into fab. Then finish the day with customer orders. I have 2 other co workers I work with that come in different hours. the hardest part of the day is making sure everything matches to a T for shipping out to the other countries. I love multi tasking and staying busy that is my most enjoyable part of the day
a typical day at work
Hospital Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2013
I like going to work and I am a very easy to get along with. I love to laugh and to make other people laugh also. When work goes together then everone is happy.
Pros
i like helping people i will share it not free giving is always good.
Cons
being on time is my thing, so i leave home early so i am on time.
productive and love working with the ppl
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAFebruary 13, 2014
A typical day at work is very fast pace, I learn how different parts work at my job, management show of favoritism, i enjoy working with my co-worker they very polite and easy to work around
Pros
a good work enviroment
Cons
short breaks and the will not hire people full time
Productive and fun workplace with computer intel.
QA/QC Distribution Associate/Outbound/Shipping (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMarch 12, 2013
Order fulfillment, order puller, picker/packer, shipping/outbound operations. Forklift operator (certified), cherry-picker, reach-lift. Perfect attendance and Safety record.
Pros
very nice management staff
Cons
n/a
Pleasent place to work.
Forklift Driver-Hub operation/unload planes (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHMay 11, 2013
Nice place to work at. People polite, team players. The hardest part of the job was loading planes and huts. The most enjoyable part was working with people that are team players/and hard workers together.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
working in the bad weather
Menlo
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandston, VAMay 25, 2015
Working at menlo was good..i got my forklift license and the co-worker was like family to me. the hardest part was on the forklift all day
Great work envirionment
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2013
A typical day at work is receiving and shipping the freight to meet the daily quota. Management and co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was the heat and the beating your body takes. Most enjoyable part of the job was having more than one break.
Good Company to work for.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Brownstown, MISeptember 19, 2012
Management is like any other company they have some good and some bad but they do value there employees and show it. Monthly luncheons where food is provided and employee of the month is acknowledged. Yearly picnics or gathering for employees and family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menlo. Our community is ready to answer.