Menorah Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great training for new grads
Staff Therapist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 27, 2017
Menorah Medical Center is an in-patient hospital located in Overland Park, KS. There are many services available to patients. The nursing staff gives very good care. The therapy staff provides excellent care to all patients. Depending on your services area a therapist's daily caseload may be 6-12 treatment sessions. The staff are very supportive of each other.
Great hospital in Johnson County
Emergency Physician (Former Employee) –  Park, KSMarch 26, 2017
Arrived at shift times or earlier and saw patients. Typical ER. Hardest part of the job is single coverage. Good support staff and very nice patient population. Staff and support services excellent
Pros
five minutes from home
Cons
often got called in on days off because of close living to hospital
Great Place to Work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 25, 2017
Menorah Medical Center is a great Hospital to work at especially as new graduate Physical Therapist. The culture is very enjoyable and everyone is willing to help each other.
great hospital
NURSING DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 23, 2017
Great hospital with good leadership. Hospital is unionized and that presents its own challenges. Great management staff for the most part. Not perfect, but very nice place to work.
Pros
positive environment and culture
Cons
union
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 13, 2017
Good place to work. Friendly atmosphere, great management. Not the best pay. Smaller hospital, easy to find your way around. Very relaxed orientation.
Enjoy working here. Greate Place to grow
PRN MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 27, 2017
I am very happy to work at Menorah, the staff and management are very good. I have worked between MR and CT as a PRN employee and can say that this hospital and the staff are patient centered and very professional.
Pros
Patient Centered, Quality Health Care
Cons
Needed more hours
do not even apply here unless you are desperate
RN (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 16, 2017
Hopefully positive changes are on the horizon. Executive leadership does not seem to be interested in clinical staff or patient care issues that directly relate to patient care. The documentation system is both sub-standard and outdated. Managers are questionable, both the person chosen for the role and their ability to actually fulfill it.
Pros
better than average food in the cafeteria, clean restrooms, nice physical facility
Cons
non-progressive, high turnover rate
Great co-workers, but too corporate
Patient Care Technician (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 22, 2017
Although I have amazing coworkers, we are frequently understaffed and pushed to, and often over, our patient limit. Getting to know management is difficult, but not impossible as long as you make it a priority. Overall, it's a good environment, just a few frustrations with staffing.
Cons
Short breaks
Poorly managed
Check In Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJanuary 19, 2017
Antiquated systems and pay. They spend more time and money on other things than patient care and the employees. They can't even fix the escalator. It's been broken for over a month. They don't upgrade to EMR and use a DOS system due to cost. They overwork the employees and then send them home early when they don't need them. Paychecks are never the same each time. If you want to use your PTO you have to fight for it.

The CEO spent tens of thousands changing the signs to a new name on the outpatient clinics instead of upgrading the systems. How sad is that.
Pros
They have a lovely garden
Cons
The entire company
This company i will not recommend
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 19, 2016
I will not ever send anyone to this company this company had bad management many licensed professionals left this company this company had the staff boycotting them as I left this company was loosing Thier top management team they also was leaving this company does not care anything about the employees just Thier bottom line and it shows.
Pros
Great team mate
Cons
Bad management
great coworkers
ER Tech/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 12, 2016
great place to start a healthcare career, good people. I learned a lot about the body and the how to best care for the elderly. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting the opportunity to draw blood.
Pros
good people
Cons
scheduling
I love staff
RN (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 27, 2015
I love the physicians and staff at Memorah Medical Center!! The staff are lovely to work with and the various depat\rtments work well together!!
Great colleagues...
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSOctober 20, 2015
Fun place to work and the best thing is working with great people. CEU's available and decent compensation. Work load appropriate for nurse/patient ratio.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 21, 2015
Fun and enjoyable workplace and supportive management. All employees are respectful and work as a full team. Enjoy going to work every shift.
Working with some of the finest people in the world while helping your community receive the most effective, advanced and amazing technology.
DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & PHYS. RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS, Kansas City, MO, Iola, KSMay 13, 2015
Below are just few examples of situations and initiatives within this position. This next paragraph will outline my job requirements, skill sets and abilities associated with this dynamic position.

Responsibilities: REVENUE & ISSUE RESOLUTION
Established tremendous trust and relationships with Every Business Unit Director. The Directors were my immediate resources for Resolving Issues. Some Issues required discussions with the CEO, COO, DON and/or the CFO. I analyzed markets, competitors, Insurance Carriers, trends and technology in order to identify key growth opportunities. From there, I developed business development plans and key initiatives, most of which required discussions with C-Suite Executives. I increased patient referrals by calling on physicians, schedulers, nurses and practice managers. I called on Corporations for several initiatives and spent extensive time with my physicians, surgeons, schedulers, nurses and practice managers. Amazing to learn the volume of patient referrals to competitors because someone in the office had an issue with someone in Radiology or amazingly, when I began, I was shocked at the number of physicians, nurses and schedulers who were unaware of the technology in our hospitals which is why they were referring patients outside our medical centers.

I called on employed physicians, independent and competitors to increase awareness and referrals for technology, treatments, procedures and specialists that was not available in the competitors hospital system. Market Intelligence was extremely important, frankly an imperative
  more... from the CEO's.

To be the Best in growing Hospital revenue and share you have to thoroughly understand every business units capabilities, technology and physician expertise. Need to know the same thing about your competitors. Completely understand Insurance coverage within your market, develop business unit directors in to a cohesive team as well as dynamic relationships. The importance of Issue Resolution can literally make or break your ability to meet and exceed your revenue goals. Understanding what every Business Unit is capable of specific to procedures, equipment, staffing, physician expertise, nursing and the patient experience is paramount to success.

I worked with Primary Care Practices literally every day. They were my primary referral source. Understanding the difference between every radiation oncology system as well as understanding the difference between photon and proton radiation could mean the difference between receiving a referral that day or having to go back to start.

This was the most incredible position because I not only had the opportunity to use my business development and sales expertise, I had to become a medical expert from Emergency Department accreditations & certifications to oncology, sarcomas, work with every surgical expertise and become a medical expert. Then you build your team of Directors, work with C-Suite Executives and go get referrals from Geriatrics to Sarcomas. Never, not once did I have a dull moment!

I was responsible for increasing revenue and share for every Business Unit (examples - Emergency Dept., Sarcoma Institute, Surgery / OR, Radiology, Breast Center, Pain Management, Medical and Radiation Oncology (included CyberKnife), Adult & Pediatric Epilepsy Center, Cardiology, Interventional Radiation, Interventional Gastroenterology, GI Lab, Womens Healthcare / Ob/Gyn, Physical Therapy, Billing.

My daily routine consisted of coordinating Divisions Program Business Unit launches to include the Medical & Radiation Oncology Program and the Adult and Pediatric Epilepsy Institutes launch strategic initiatives with 7 area HCA Business Development Directors.

Continuous market analysis, growth opportunity identification, market intelligence, physician recruitment, on-boarding and Issue Resolution defined as key areas of focus.

NEW TECHNOLOGY GROWTH OPPORTUNITY
Discussions could include our E.D., Trellis, a new procedure for clot removal (DVT), to SpyGlass, new Interventional GI procedure that can actually look in to the Gall Bladder to determine if the blockage is due to a large stone or two or tissue hyperplasia which is approximately 80% malignant.

My protocol with new procedures was to call the Med. Rep. to meet with them, observe the procedure in the OR and strategically target call on key physicians, discuss patient and family benefits and secure patient referrals.

INTERNAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
++Countless referrals had been and were continuing to be referred to our competitors. Required a full scale educational and informational program developed for physicians, mid-levels, nurses and coordinated through the practice administrators followed up during my sales calls with my physicians, schedulers, and nurses.

+++KEY LEARNING: Enormous referral volume opportunities within our own building with our employed physicians, mid-levels, nurses and schedulers not to mention the potential referral volume from the Independent and Competitor Practice Providers.

I spoke to physicians, schedulers and nurses to better understand the "why" behind their referral patterns. Utilized Consultative Selling to engage my clients and own the decision to change their referral patterns to our Medical Centers.

++After my 6th month I began receiving calls from Specialists and Subspecialists asking me if I could help them grow their practice which would translate in to increases in surgical case volume. I usually began after their last surgery case. I took them from one Primary Care Practice to the next, introducing them which provided the opportunity to discuss their specialty, specialty procedures along with any new, patient specific procedures, i.e., hip arthroscopies.
++Initiated strategic alliance initiatives, one which helped a large Primary Care Practice fill empty rooms by leasing the space to a large Ob/Gyn Practice which significantly increased their market share for Primary Care but also increased Ob patients and Gynecologic surgery cases.

+++++My greatest opportunity and most enjoyable part of the job was the range of discussions I had available. I became technically proficient discussing everything from E.D. Accreditations & Certifications, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology systems from CyberKnife to Proton Radiation, Interventional Radiation procedures, OR capabilities, Deep Brain Stimulation, Vagus nerve stimulators, Pain Management procedures, Interventional GI procedures, advances in Colorectal tumor removal with a new Rectal Endoscopic procedure saving patients from deeply invasive colon removal surgery and avoiding colostomies, Sarcoma cases inserting limb growing systems for pediatric osteosarcomas, elbow inserts eliminating amputations, balloon sinuplasty, to DVT removal systems (Trellis) literally evacuating the clot. Radiology systems and capabilities, mammosite radiation oncology requiring 5 days of treatment vs. weeks of radiation resulting in healthy cell damage and skill burns.

++ This incredible technology required in depth pre-call preparation, effectively creating call schedules based upon growth opportunities, business unit launches and new as well as established expertise and technology. On many occasions the specialist joined me and participated during every sales call. On other occasions a Business Unit Director or Department Chair would join me during sales calls or lunch and learn programs.

+++++ISSUE RESOLUTION: Key skill set when you're working to resolve issues that include physicians their practice manager, our business unit directors, finance / billing department, and on many occasions the DON as well as the CEO.

I'd receive calls on weekends because of pain consults, sick patients who couldn't be scheduled for an ultrasound guided biopsy for 19 days. Effectively working with the Business Unit Directors was key to creating Loyalty. Excellent Teamwork with the Business Unit Directors facilitated not just the resolution of the issue but significantly impacted the response time. Most issues were resolved within an hour.

One minute the top Breast Surgeon in the region is extremely upset. 10 minutes later, her patient is scheduled for the ultrasound guided biopsy the next morning at 7am. Typical Issues included OR scheduling, clashes with physicians performing approved procedures out of their specialty and the implementation of EMR.

Spending the time in the OR in order to understand the limb growing systems, the first artificial elbow by our Orthopedic Oncologist significantly contributed to my ability to discuss and describe the procedure. I targeted Children's Mercy Hospital & the University of Missouri at Kansas City then began targeting Healthcare Providers regionally, from Primary Care to General, Fellowship trained and Pediatric Orthopedists as well as Medical Oncologists to refer and trust their patients to The Sarcoma Institute at Menorah Medical Center instead of MD Anderson, the Mayo Clinic or Sloan-Kettering.

RESULTS: The Sarcoma Institute became the highest volume Sarcoma treatment center in the nation with 508 Surgical Sarcoma patient a year.

Truly an incredible position because of the diversity, technical knowledge, i.e., differences between proton and photon radiation oncology, recruiting and onboarding physicians, resolving issues and launching Important programs along with creating a dynamic team with the Business Unit Directors. Fast paced.
Pros
Passionate about my customers, internal and external customers, Identifying & growing key growth opportunities, Significantly impacting the health & quality of life for patients and families, Ability to Resolve Issues for frustrated physicians, nurses, schedulers, practices, Developing highly functional teams with our business unit directors.
Cons
Healthcare changes that could negatively impact medical practices, Changes which negatively affect patient care.
To have a well ran department
DIRECTOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 24, 2015
I have a morning huddle with the hourly staff, to get them ready for the day, to let them know about things that may be going on for the day, talk about the hospital census; attend the daily huddle with all of the hospital Leadership, to cover the plan for the day. I attend all meetings, meet with the mangers on my team to cover the plan for the day, to see what projects they are working on and to give them projects that I need for them to get done as well. I try to meet with as many of the staff in their work area as I can in a day to have meaningful conversations with them. I look over the schedules to ensure that we are not using unneeded overtime, I check the supplies to see where we can save on ordering.
Pros
This helps the department to run more effectively.
Menorah
(RN, BSN) Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KansasFebruary 6, 2015
I worked on the ONOGS unit. Shifts are 12 hours. The patient to nurse ratio is 5:1 and 4:1 with no tech. Many times the patient ratio is higher due to poor staffing. Night shift co-workers were overall very friendly and day shift varied.
Pros
Could potentially set your own schedule
Cons
Lack of breaks, poor staffing, high nurse to patient ratio
Good start for new nurses
Patient Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 28, 2014
Beautiful facility to work in, team oriented environment. Worked as a tech and got to do a lot, which was a great learning opportunity while I was in nursing school
Float RN
Float Pool Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 24, 2014
I did not know where I was going until I showed up at work. I hardest part of the job was not being part of team. What I liked was getting to take care of many different patients
Pros
Taking care of different patients each day
Cons
Not being part of a unit team
Weekend PRN (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSOctober 29, 2014
Good people, great place to work. Fair compensation for PRN staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menorah Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Menorah Medical Center Reviews by Location