Menorah Medical Center

Menorah Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

I love staff
RN (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 27, 2015
I love the physicians and staff at Memorah Medical Center!! The staff are lovely to work with and the various depat\rtments work well together!!
Great colleagues...
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSOctober 20, 2015
Fun place to work and the best thing is working with great people. CEU's available and decent compensation. Work load appropriate for nurse/patient ratio.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 21, 2015
Fun and enjoyable workplace and supportive management. All employees are respectful and work as a full team. Enjoy going to work every shift.
Working with some of the finest people in the world while helping your community receive the most effective, advanced and amazing technology.
DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & PHYS. RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS, Kansas City, MO, Iola, KSMay 13, 2015
Below are just few examples of situations and initiatives within this position. This next paragraph will outline my job requirements, skill sets and abilities associated with this dynamic position.

Responsibilities: REVENUE & ISSUE RESOLUTION
Established tremendous trust and relationships with Every Business Unit Director. The Directors were my immediate resources for Resolving Issues. Some Issues required discussions with the CEO, COO, DON and/or the CFO. I analyzed markets, competitors, Insurance Carriers, trends and technology in order to identify key growth opportunities. From there, I developed business development plans and key initiatives, most of which required discussions with C-Suite Executives. I increased patient referrals by calling on physicians, schedulers, nurses and practice managers. I called on Corporations for several initiatives and spent extensive time with my physicians, surgeons, schedulers, nurses and practice managers. Amazing to learn the volume of patient referrals to competitors because someone in the office had an issue with someone in Radiology or amazingly, when I began, I was shocked at the number of physicians, nurses and schedulers who were unaware of the technology in our hospitals which is why they were referring patients outside our medical centers.

I called on employed physicians, independent and competitors to increase awareness and referrals for technology, treatments, procedures and specialists that was not available in the competitors hospital system. Market Intelligence was extremely important, frankly an imperative
  more... from the CEO's.

To be the Best in growing Hospital revenue and share you have to thoroughly understand every business units capabilities, technology and physician expertise. Need to know the same thing about your competitors. Completely understand Insurance coverage within your market, develop business unit directors in to a cohesive team as well as dynamic relationships. The importance of Issue Resolution can literally make or break your ability to meet and exceed your revenue goals. Understanding what every Business Unit is capable of specific to procedures, equipment, staffing, physician expertise, nursing and the patient experience is paramount to success.

I worked with Primary Care Practices literally every day. They were my primary referral source. Understanding the difference between every radiation oncology system as well as understanding the difference between photon and proton radiation could mean the difference between receiving a referral that day or having to go back to start.

This was the most incredible position because I not only had the opportunity to use my business development and sales expertise, I had to become a medical expert from Emergency Department accreditations & certifications to oncology, sarcomas, work with every surgical expertise and become a medical expert. Then you build your team of Directors, work with C-Suite Executives and go get referrals from Geriatrics to Sarcomas. Never, not once did I have a dull moment!

I was responsible for increasing revenue and share for every Business Unit (examples - Emergency Dept., Sarcoma Institute, Surgery / OR, Radiology, Breast Center, Pain Management, Medical and Radiation Oncology (included CyberKnife), Adult & Pediatric Epilepsy Center, Cardiology, Interventional Radiation, Interventional Gastroenterology, GI Lab, Womens Healthcare / Ob/Gyn, Physical Therapy, Billing.

My daily routine consisted of coordinating Divisions Program Business Unit launches to include the Medical & Radiation Oncology Program and the Adult and Pediatric Epilepsy Institutes launch strategic initiatives with 7 area HCA Business Development Directors.

Continuous market analysis, growth opportunity identification, market intelligence, physician recruitment, on-boarding and Issue Resolution defined as key areas of focus.

NEW TECHNOLOGY GROWTH OPPORTUNITY
Discussions could include our E.D., Trellis, a new procedure for clot removal (DVT), to SpyGlass, new Interventional GI procedure that can actually look in to the Gall Bladder to determine if the blockage is due to a large stone or two or tissue hyperplasia which is approximately 80% malignant.

My protocol with new procedures was to call the Med. Rep. to meet with them, observe the procedure in the OR and strategically target call on key physicians, discuss patient and family benefits and secure patient referrals.

INTERNAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
++Countless referrals had been and were continuing to be referred to our competitors. Required a full scale educational and informational program developed for physicians, mid-levels, nurses and coordinated through the practice administrators followed up during my sales calls with my physicians, schedulers, and nurses.

+++KEY LEARNING: Enormous referral volume opportunities within our own building with our employed physicians, mid-levels, nurses and schedulers not to mention the potential referral volume from the Independent and Competitor Practice Providers.

I spoke to physicians, schedulers and nurses to better understand the "why" behind their referral patterns. Utilized Consultative Selling to engage my clients and own the decision to change their referral patterns to our Medical Centers.

++After my 6th month I began receiving calls from Specialists and Subspecialists asking me if I could help them grow their practice which would translate in to increases in surgical case volume. I usually began after their last surgery case. I took them from one Primary Care Practice to the next, introducing them which provided the opportunity to discuss their specialty, specialty procedures along with any new, patient specific procedures, i.e., hip arthroscopies.
++Initiated strategic alliance initiatives, one which helped a large Primary Care Practice fill empty rooms by leasing the space to a large Ob/Gyn Practice which significantly increased their market share for Primary Care but also increased Ob patients and Gynecologic surgery cases.

+++++My greatest opportunity and most enjoyable part of the job was the range of discussions I had available. I became technically proficient discussing everything from E.D. Accreditations & Certifications, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology systems from CyberKnife to Proton Radiation, Interventional Radiation procedures, OR capabilities, Deep Brain Stimulation, Vagus nerve stimulators, Pain Management procedures, Interventional GI procedures, advances in Colorectal tumor removal with a new Rectal Endoscopic procedure saving patients from deeply invasive colon removal surgery and avoiding colostomies, Sarcoma cases inserting limb growing systems for pediatric osteosarcomas, elbow inserts eliminating amputations, balloon sinuplasty, to DVT removal systems (Trellis) literally evacuating the clot. Radiology systems and capabilities, mammosite radiation oncology requiring 5 days of treatment vs. weeks of radiation resulting in healthy cell damage and skill burns.

++ This incredible technology required in depth pre-call preparation, effectively creating call schedules based upon growth opportunities, business unit launches and new as well as established expertise and technology. On many occasions the specialist joined me and participated during every sales call. On other occasions a Business Unit Director or Department Chair would join me during sales calls or lunch and learn programs.

+++++ISSUE RESOLUTION: Key skill set when you're working to resolve issues that include physicians their practice manager, our business unit directors, finance / billing department, and on many occasions the DON as well as the CEO.

I'd receive calls on weekends because of pain consults, sick patients who couldn't be scheduled for an ultrasound guided biopsy for 19 days. Effectively working with the Business Unit Directors was key to creating Loyalty. Excellent Teamwork with the Business Unit Directors facilitated not just the resolution of the issue but significantly impacted the response time. Most issues were resolved within an hour.

One minute the top Breast Surgeon in the region is extremely upset. 10 minutes later, her patient is scheduled for the ultrasound guided biopsy the next morning at 7am. Typical Issues included OR scheduling, clashes with physicians performing approved procedures out of their specialty and the implementation of EMR.

Spending the time in the OR in order to understand the limb growing systems, the first artificial elbow by our Orthopedic Oncologist significantly contributed to my ability to discuss and describe the procedure. I targeted Children's Mercy Hospital & the University of Missouri at Kansas City then began targeting Healthcare Providers regionally, from Primary Care to General, Fellowship trained and Pediatric Orthopedists as well as Medical Oncologists to refer and trust their patients to The Sarcoma Institute at Menorah Medical Center instead of MD Anderson, the Mayo Clinic or Sloan-Kettering.

RESULTS: The Sarcoma Institute became the highest volume Sarcoma treatment center in the nation with 508 Surgical Sarcoma patient a year.

Truly an incredible position because of the diversity, technical knowledge, i.e., differences between proton and photon radiation oncology, recruiting and onboarding physicians, resolving issues and launching Important programs along with creating a dynamic team with the Business Unit Directors. Fast paced.
Pros
Passionate about my customers, internal and external customers, Identifying & growing key growth opportunities, Significantly impacting the health & quality of life for patients and families, Ability to Resolve Issues for frustrated physicians, nurses, schedulers, practices, Developing highly functional teams with our business unit directors.
Cons
Healthcare changes that could negatively impact medical practices, Changes which negatively affect patient care.
To have a well ran department
DIRECTOR OF ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 24, 2015
I have a morning huddle with the hourly staff, to get them ready for the day, to let them know about things that may be going on for the day, talk about the hospital census; attend the daily huddle with all of the hospital Leadership, to cover the plan for the day. I attend all meetings, meet with the mangers on my team to cover the plan for the day, to see what projects they are working on and to give them projects that I need for them to get done as well. I try to meet with as many of the staff in their work area as I can in a day to have meaningful conversations with them. I look over the schedules to ensure that we are not using unneeded overtime, I check the supplies to see where we can save on ordering.
Pros
This helps the department to run more effectively.
Menorah
(RN, BSN) Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KansasFebruary 6, 2015
I worked on the ONOGS unit. Shifts are 12 hours. The patient to nurse ratio is 5:1 and 4:1 with no tech. Many times the patient ratio is higher due to poor staffing. Night shift co-workers were overall very friendly and day shift varied.
Pros
could potentially set your own schedule
Cons
lack of breaks, poor staffing, high nurse to patient ratio
Good start for new nurses
Patient Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 28, 2014
Beautiful facility to work in, team oriented environment. Worked as a tech and got to do a lot, which was a great learning opportunity while I was in nursing school
Float RN
Float Pool Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 24, 2014
I did not know where I was going until I showed up at work. I hardest part of the job was not being part of team. What I liked was getting to take care of many different patients
Pros
taking care of different patients each day
Cons
not being part of a unit team
Menorah
Weekend PRN (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSOctober 29, 2014
Good people, great place to work. Fair compensation for PRN staff.
good teramwork
Full-time & PRN (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 12, 2014
Providing high quality care with compression. Maintain current licensure and credentials. good teamwork with all co-workers
Pros
teamwork
Cons
short staffed at tiems

Want to know more about Menorah Medical Center?

Ask a question
loved my job at Menorah
Nursing Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 19, 2014
Every single day presented its own challenges and stresses that made you feel so accomplished at the end of the work day. I learned a lot about the inner workings of the medical community. I loved my managers as well as my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was having to occasionally say no and the most enjoyable part of the job was the everyday experience.
Pros
employee recognition
Cons
having to share the job
A hospital with a caring atmosphere and friendly people
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  KC KansasMay 21, 2014
I cleaned patient rooms on a typical day. And the management was some of the most friendly people I have met, only surpassed by my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was the early shift that I worked but I soon adapted to it. I enjoyed interacting with the staff and patients in the hospital.
Pros
easy work
Cons
lots of standing around
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 8, 2014
This was my first hospital loved it very much i would like to work there again some day
environment was unstructured
diet clerk (Former Employee) –  overland parkMarch 28, 2014
Management and leadership skills was poor. No sound policy and procedure in place rules change constantly. Some coworkers was overly aggressive to peers. Management allowed this behavior which produce unfriendly work environment. You will have to use your paid time off to ensure you get your full 80 hours. This happens when you not schedule enough days within a pay period. Even though you was hired on as full time.
Paid time off should be for vacation not to make up time do to scheduling issued.
Patients and nursing staff was wonderful. Dietary department needs improvement.
Pros
free meals
Cons
poor management environment not stable
good team work
Staff Nurse, FBCWell Baby Nursery (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 24, 2014
performing full spectrum of newborn care, night shift 12 hours, good team work, hardest part of job is when the nursery is full of newborn infants.
Pros
flexibity, good team work
Great place to work-need more hours
RN-prn (Former Employee) –  CHF clinic/Cardiac Rehab/stress testingDecember 13, 2013
Menorah is great. Many nurses have been in my unit numerous year. Size of the hospital makes it easy to form friendships and accomplish tasks for the patient. I love the variety in my job. I simply need to work more hours. I love teaching and interacting with my patients. Management works for very hard for us and has made vast improvements during the recent years.
Pros
nursing experience
Cons
in process of changing leaderships throughout departments
Not the greatest
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 5, 2013
High acuity, older patient population. Constantly short-staffed.
loved delivering babies
OB Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 9, 2013
I loved the anticipation & excitement of a delivery. sometimes I needed more of me to spread around due to how many babies were coming.
Pros
the hours & my schedule
Cons
lazy nurses
I Loved delivering babies
OB Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 6, 2013
12 hr shifts. I loved the deliveries. Whenever I did a c/s I always made sure to tell the mom something special that happened during the delivery since she wasn't able to experience the child birth process in the same manner as a mom in a normall delivery would
Pros
12 hr shifts, babies, new moms & dads
Cons
sometimes 12 hr shifts
Productive and steady environment
Lab tech Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 27, 2013
A typical day consist of AM run from 4 to 7 am. which is followed by a 30 min break. After which we recieve blood thru a tube system thru out the day, draw labs for both in/outpatient, do some micro slides and cultures for the duration of the day.
Pros
day go by quick
Cons
benefits arent great