Impressive grounds. They set standards high. The best of best get hired. Initially thought the pay was great but not when they work you like a dog. Not when they refuse to pay overtime. Difficult to properly take care of 34 total care residents with only 1 RN. When you need to cover yourself and not leave any loose strings at end of shift but still need to work past your scheduled time, with only one 15 min break taken bc it's just not feasible to be off floor any longer with the amount of work that needs to get done.. and then for them to not pay overtime???? NO THANKS! So the 35 dollar wage they pay ends up being in the 20's when you work for free at the end of shift. The STNA's were excellent. They have no tolerance for insubordinate employees which I appreciated. However, the management was tough, attitudes that they think they are so above you when all they are are Nurses themselves. A lot of miscommunication and weekend policy and holiday policy is junk, scheduling you for your weekend night shift on Saturday and Sunday but then required to work every Friday on weekend off. Makes no sense and completely unfair. I could go on and on...
if it wasn't for their nonsense scheduling, little help working like a dog, won't pay overtime when it is legitimately needed to do a proper job then this would have been a nice place to work. Too bad it didn't work out. Long term care definitely not for me. Glorified babysitting job as far as I'm concerned. Here's the honest to God truth... the run down, out of 34 residents:
* 34 were TOTAL CARE, TURN EVERY 2 hours!
* 34 were incontinent of urine and stool
* at least half of them were total feeds
* about 30 of them were NOT oriented to person, place, time
* at least half of them couldn't speak English
* a good 15-20 were combative
* EVERY SINGLE PERSON HAD TREATMENTS. At 4:00 am, I kid you not, there were for sure at least 75-100 medicine cups filled with creams/ointments. Some residents would need 8, someone else maybe 5. Very time consuming.
* EVERY SINGLE PERSON WAS CRUSH MEDS AND PUT INTO APPLESAUCE! Crazy Boring! Not fun when they spit them out at you either.
There was absolutely NO SKILL involved, do not need a RN to do the job. LPN? Yes. But for this RN it was boring and tedious work. LONG TERM CARE NOT FOR ME! They would have to pay me a minimum of $50/hr for that nonsense. Thanks, but no thanks!