MENORAH PARK CENTER FOR SENIOR LIVING

MENORAH PARK CENTER FOR SENIOR LIVING Employer Reviews

Menorah Park was an amazing experience
Supervisor of clinic & central supply (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHDecember 30, 2014
Pros: making a difference in the lives of our elderly
I worked as a supervisor at Menorah Park for over 7 years. I ran the clinic within the nursing facility & also ran Central Supply. The dedication to long term resident care at Menorah Park was/is outstanding. To be an active part of patient/resident care was personally rewarding for me. I had the pleasure of working with various doctors, in the clinic. I viewed the care they gave Menorah Park residents. I also provided stock for Central Supply, which kept the needs of 300 plus Menorah Park residents, met. The most difficult thing about working the clinic at Menorah Park, were the bonds formed with the residents & having to let them go. I certainly hope I contributed to their happiness in those last days.
I would never endorse this organization
Supervisor (Former Employee), BeachwoodDecember 6, 2014
Pros: hourly employees are very nice
Cons: executive management is out of touch with needs of residents and staff.
I accepted a position at this organization because I wanted to do my part to help brighten the lives of the elderly population. Yet, I have never encountered so many hostile employees before which made for a terrible work environment. The management does not empower employees but rather reflects a dictatorial and condescending stance. Motivation comes by way of intimidation. No training. Long hours. Little pay. There is little to no concern for work/life balance.

I am not merely a disgruntled employee trying to get back at the organization. Rather, I am a seasoned professional capable of discerning a healthy, respectful work environment from a harmful one.

I could only tolerate it a short while.

I would not suggest working there.
A great opportunity to work with a specific population
Registered Nurse, Assisted Living (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHNovember 4, 2014
A typical day includes medication administration; evaluating and assessing resident concerns, needs and changes in physical or mental status; communication with families, physicians and other members of the staff; supervision of Resident Associates and other duties as needed.
Leadership and supervisory skills were developed by allowing me the opportunity to work as the charge nurse and Assistant Director of Resident Services as well as building supervisor while working on the evening shift.
The management staff was supportive and worked with the nursing staff to problem solve and address specific concerns and issues related to the nursing practice in the facility. The nurses were easy to work with and helped one another.
The hardest part of the job is time management. Unfortunately, the job is sometimes unpredictable. For the most part, this position is very rewarding. The bonds formed with coworkers, residents and families are well worth the time and effort put in to the job.
Very Productive and also very professional,comfortable place for work.
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHApril 14, 2014
A typical day at work is getting to work serving residents breakfast, getting residents up for the day, giving showers, bed making, cleaning up after breakfast, get residents ready for lunch, serving lunch, and help feed residents that need assistance.

All the employees are very hard working and great to work with!

Th most enjoyable part of the job is building such strong relationships with the residents.
Productive steady & fast paced job!
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHNovember 30, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
It's a great atmosphere with the ability to learn new things. I've learned about the Jewish Culture, Kosher Law,& how outgoing they are. Co-workers we all get along good. There is know hard part in my job I love it!!! Getting the chance to greet & serve my customers makes my day enjoyable.