Menorah Park Center for Senior Living

Menorah Park Center for Senior Living Employee Reviews

The money was not worth the headache
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJanuary 3, 2017
Worked with them for a month and it was pure chaos from start to finish. The aides are overworked and overwhelmed with heavy assignments and the nurse to patient ratio for evening shift is ridiculous considering that the residents were very demanding and some has high acuity needs. Almost impossible to get 20 hours worth of work in 8 hours. And please do not have you stay beyond your shift to complete task because you definitely will hear about it.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Walking on egg shells
Amazing hourly pay with a lot of work and responsibility
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHDecember 13, 2016
Menorah park is a beautiful nursing home facilities, one of the best I've worked at. The pay is amazing, but the work load can be a little heavy, especially if you're working on their total-care units which are extremely difficult floors to work on. I recommend this job to anyone looking to be a nursing assistant and haven't taken the class yet. They offer free classes and great experiences.
Great Advancement Opportunity
STNA Clinical Technician2 (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHDecember 2, 2016
Menorah Park Center for Senior Living, offers it's full time employees the chance to incress their hourly pay:through becoming a preceptor (you train new employees) a team leader and their three tier career ladder program. It's a high turn over rate, however like any other job if you do what your hired to do, you'll have no problem. Most of the management members are nice and dont treat you differently based on you title. While others are threaten by anyone who is just as smart/skilled as them if not better. The work load is easy so long as every team member does their full share, that can be really challenging at times leading for the residents to request you and only you to work with them increasing your assignment (from 9 residents up to double). Its nice to know that your doing a fantastic job and they notice it but it can become draining doing your entire assignment and someones else. The residents..the bonds that you'll make with them and even their family is truly the BEST part of the job and their the reason you'll continue to work here. The shifts overlap by 30minutes be sure to do your rounds, if not your to blame for any and everything. Not always flexible with school/life schedule.

I would say that the pay was a pro, however with the new contract they actually start you off paying less...all more reason to take advantage of the career ladder program and your acceptance is based on performance and attendance.
Pros
Residents
Cons
After new contract all new hires are paid way less.
Great Place to work.
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHNovember 7, 2016
Its a great place to work! you will learn so much from administration to health. Don't get me wrong its not perfect but it pretty close. they run a very tight ship so expect rules to be enforced.
Menorah Park Review
Dietary Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be coming into work finding a cart, get your linen for the second half of the day, and get your cups for your drinks and start your opening. We had to set up our tables and put down waters for the tables we was going to serve for the first season, then we would put down bread for the tables and if we where done we would help each other out. After that we would fact which is when we taste the food and give our opinion and if a resident would ask we would know what to suggest to them. We have two seatings so therefore we have to reset the dinning room for the second seating, then serve them and after all that we would have to clean up and do our closing for the week. There are different duties for the weekend and holidays and if would like to know further information ill be glad to discuss them.

Ive learned how to have patience with elderly people, sterile cleaning, time management, and different ways to solve problems.

Management was okay. The number one thing my manager thought me was sterile cleaning and how to be tough!

Co-workers was challenging , but when you learn to keep everything professional and work related then you have any problems.

The hardest part of the job was finding a cart.

What i enjoyed the most about this job was the residents. i grew bonds that was not expected. They gave the best advice and treated me so well
Pros
Residents, Holiday Pay
nice place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHSeptember 29, 2016
i loved working here, i took my training here as well. all the people ive worked with were very helpful.

it was only a couple of lazy nurses
the pay is nice and so are the benefits
Pros
free lunch
Cons
petty rules
supportive of the services offered on the campus
Resident Associate (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHSeptember 18, 2016
I have witnessed firsthand how the company has begun to lose the value it once had for employment. the positions carry a load of responsibilities and the management doesnt care about the employees. the hardest part of the job is to report changes with a resident and to see nothing done.the most enjoyable part of the job is the resident engagement and the flexibility to shifts that accomodate the employee and assures the shift is covered.
menorah park
Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 14, 2016
I enjoy working for menorah park center for senior living they have allow me to utilized my work skill in different departments. Also they are very flexible with my schedule since I am juggling work and school.
Pros
management
Cons
can bring food
Ok
STNA (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 5, 2016
It is an ok place to work. Love the residents. Needs more organizational skills and love for dedicated employees. Also needs better supervisors and unit coordinators
Pros
Good money
Cons
Lack of care for employees
good company
Long Term Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 31, 2016
Very good company with lots of incentives. Would definitely work there again. and the pay is AMAZING, they also reimburse tuition!!
productive
CNA (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJanuary 16, 2016
i really liked coming to work just to see my residents they are what kept me going each day.when i didn't feel well I would go look at them and i would feel so much better.What i didn't like was how some of the employees treated me and some of the other employees.
Pros
free lunch to 3 shift and $1 raise
Cons
rude employees
productive and well organized staff and company
nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHNovember 13, 2015
i really love the atmosphere that all the staff create here at menorah park.i like how they really care about the Residents and the other staff...not to mention the Residents family and loved ones.
Excellent work enviroment
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHAugust 25, 2015
Good company to work for, enjoy all ten years of service with them. The enviroment was always positive and care for the residents was one hundred percent. I would recommend anyone to join such a great team of professionals.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good company
STNA (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHAugust 14, 2015
Beautiful building, excellent resident care, friendly staff, clean facility, all in all good place to work for good experience.
Pros
free lunch for third shift
Cons
short breaks, not enough staff
Review
Managing Lead Server (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2015
A typical work day is very fast paced. The dining area is set up in a restaurant style. Tenants are allowed to order first course, second course, and third course.
Well managed and positive place to work
PRN PTA (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OhApril 18, 2015
I worked PRN here as a PTA for a year and really enjoyed the experience. I only stopped working here because I got promoted at my FT job. The pay is great and above average for the industry and I have heard the benefits and PTO are very good as well. The productivity standard is reasonable. It is highly organized and the facility itself is clean and the patients appear well taken care of. I would highly recommend the rehabilitation department here. Also the nurses and STNAs were more helpful than average and appeared to enjoy their job. They also provide on site child care for employees and other perks. Overall it was an enjoyable experience and I would recommend this facility to anyone looking to work in a subacute/LTC environment.
Pros
Clean facility, child care, benefits, pay, management is organized
Cons
Kosher eating (can't pack a lunch unless it's a banana)
If you want to feel like you are in the military...work here
stna (Former Employee) –  menorah park Beachwood ohioMarch 31, 2015
i worked as a stna for 7 years at this organization. The management will tell you if you do not want to be in the bottom of the organization to go back to school. If not, deal with it. I felt like i was extremely over worked. Had to clean out refrigerators, scrape gum from under tables, on top of caring for residents. Always short staffed, and you will get fired for close to anything. How I lasted as long as I did, i can't answer...i think luck. Yes the pay is great, but they are very strict, management is very sneaky and they will tell you stnas are a dime a dozen. They love writing people up also. Though i made it thru without these problems i know a lot of things. If you can handle petty things, strict rules, attitutde nurses, strenuous work, and kosher eating, with good pay..this is a place for you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
nurses think they are better than everyone, management will put you down, they talk to you like they own you, a lot of shift to shift conflict
umm
Stna (Former Employee) –  BeachwoodMarch 20, 2015
They will try to over work u if u let them but over all its a good place to get your experience From. I just don't like that they think can talk to u any way they want to just because your not in a high position
Pros
u will get lots of hours
Cons
they don't respect their stna
Quality Customer Service
Senior Living Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Inbound call center, customer service, telemarketing, troubleshooting, and follow up in customer satisfaction on products.
Pros
3 Years of Customer Service Experience
Cons
Menorah Park was an amazing experience
Supervisor of clinic & central supply (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHDecember 30, 2014
I worked as a supervisor at Menorah Park for over 7 years. I ran the clinic within the nursing facility & also ran Central Supply. The dedication to long term resident care at Menorah Park was/is outstanding. To be an active part of patient/resident care was personally rewarding for me. I had the pleasure of working with various doctors, in the clinic. I viewed the care they gave Menorah Park residents. I also provided stock for Central Supply, which kept the needs of 300 plus Menorah Park residents, met. The most difficult thing about working the clinic at Menorah Park, were the bonds formed with the residents & having to let them go. I certainly hope I contributed to their happiness in those last days.
Pros
Making a difference in the lives of our elderly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menorah Park Center for Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Menorah Park Center for Senior Living Reviews by Location