Menorah Park Center for Senior Living

Menorah Park Center for Senior Living Employee Reviews

menorah park
Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 14, 2016
I enjoy working for menorah park center for senior living they have allow me to utilized my work skill in different departments. Also they are very flexible with my schedule since I am juggling work and school.
Pros
management
Cons
can bring food
Ok
STNA (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 5, 2016
It is an ok place to work. Love the residents. Needs more organizational skills and love for dedicated employees. Also needs better supervisors and unit coordinators
Pros
Good money
Cons
Lack of care for employees
good company
Long Term Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 31, 2016
Very good company with lots of incentives. Would definitely work there again. and the pay is AMAZING, they also reimburse tuition!!
productive
CNA (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJanuary 16, 2016
i really liked coming to work just to see my residents they are what kept me going each day.when i didn't feel well I would go look at them and i would feel so much better.What i didn't like was how some of the employees treated me and some of the other employees.
Pros
free lunch to 3 shift and $1 raise
Cons
rude employees
productive and well organized staff and company
nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHNovember 13, 2015
i really love the atmosphere that all the staff create here at menorah park.i like how they really care about the Residents and the other staff...not to mention the Residents family and loved ones.
Excellent work enviroment
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHAugust 25, 2015
Good company to work for, enjoy all ten years of service with them. The enviroment was always positive and care for the residents was one hundred percent. I would recommend anyone to join such a great team of professionals.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Good company
STNA (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHAugust 14, 2015
Beautiful building, excellent resident care, friendly staff, clean facility, all in all good place to work for good experience.
Pros
free lunch for third shift
Cons
short breaks, not enough staff
Review
Managing Lead Server (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2015
A typical work day is very fast paced. The dining area is set up in a restaurant style. Tenants are allowed to order first course, second course, and third course.
Well managed and positive place to work
PRN PTA (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OhApril 18, 2015
I worked PRN here as a PTA for a year and really enjoyed the experience. I only stopped working here because I got promoted at my FT job. The pay is great and above average for the industry and I have heard the benefits and PTO are very good as well. The productivity standard is reasonable. It is highly organized and the facility itself is clean and the patients appear well taken care of. I would highly recommend the rehabilitation department here. Also the nurses and STNAs were more helpful than average and appeared to enjoy their job. They also provide on site child care for employees and other perks. Overall it was an enjoyable experience and I would recommend this facility to anyone looking to work in a subacute/LTC environment.
Pros
Clean facility, child care, benefits, pay, management is organized
Cons
Kosher eating (can't pack a lunch unless it's a banana)
If you want to feel like you are in the military...work here
stna (Former Employee) –  menorah park Beachwood ohioMarch 31, 2015
i worked as a stna for 7 years at this organization. The management will tell you if you do not want to be in the bottom of the organization to go back to school. If not, deal with it. I felt like i was extremely over worked. Had to clean out refrigerators, scrape gum from under tables, on top of caring for residents. Always short staffed, and you will get fired for close to anything. How I lasted as long as I did, i can't answer...i think luck. Yes the pay is great, but they are very strict, management is very sneaky and they will tell you stnas are a dime a dozen. They love writing people up also. Though i made it thru without these problems i know a lot of things. If you can handle petty things, strict rules, attitutde nurses, strenuous work, and kosher eating, with good pay..this is a place for you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
nurses think they are better than everyone, management will put you down, they talk to you like they own you, a lot of shift to shift conflict
umm
Stna (Former Employee) –  BeachwoodMarch 20, 2015
They will try to over work u if u let them but over all its a good place to get your experience From. I just don't like that they think can talk to u any way they want to just because your not in a high position
Pros
u will get lots of hours
Cons
they don't respect their stna
Quality Customer Service
Senior Living Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Inbound call center, customer service, telemarketing, troubleshooting, and follow up in customer satisfaction on products.
Pros
3 years of customer service experience
Menorah Park was an amazing experience
Supervisor of clinic & central supply (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHDecember 30, 2014
I worked as a supervisor at Menorah Park for over 7 years. I ran the clinic within the nursing facility & also ran Central Supply. The dedication to long term resident care at Menorah Park was/is outstanding. To be an active part of patient/resident care was personally rewarding for me. I had the pleasure of working with various doctors, in the clinic. I viewed the care they gave Menorah Park residents. I also provided stock for Central Supply, which kept the needs of 300 plus Menorah Park residents, met. The most difficult thing about working the clinic at Menorah Park, were the bonds formed with the residents & having to let them go. I certainly hope I contributed to their happiness in those last days.
Pros
making a difference in the lives of our elderly
I would never endorse this organization
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  BeachwoodDecember 6, 2014
I accepted a position at this organization because I wanted to do my part to help brighten the lives of the elderly population. Yet, I have never encountered so many hostile employees before which made for a terrible work environment. The management does not empower employees but rather reflects a dictatorial and condescending stance. Motivation comes by way of intimidation. No training. Long hours. Little pay. There is little to no concern for work/life balance.

I am not merely a disgruntled employee trying to get back at the organization. Rather, I am a seasoned professional capable of discerning a healthy, respectful work environment from a harmful one.

I could only tolerate it a short while.

I would not suggest working there.
Pros
hourly employees are very nice
Cons
executive management is out of touch with needs of residents and staff.
A great opportunity to work with a specific population
Registered Nurse, Assisted Living (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHNovember 4, 2014
A typical day includes medication administration; evaluating and assessing resident concerns, needs and changes in physical or mental status; communication with families, physicians and other members of the staff; supervision of Resident Associates and other duties as needed.
Leadership and supervisory skills were developed by allowing me the opportunity to work as the charge nurse and Assistant Director of Resident Services as well as building supervisor while working on the evening shift.
The management staff was supportive and worked with the nursing staff to problem solve and address specific concerns and issues related to the nursing practice in the facility. The nurses were easy to work with and helped one another.
The hardest part of the job is time management. Unfortunately, the job is sometimes unpredictable. For the most part, this position is very rewarding. The bonds formed with coworkers, residents and families are well worth the time and effort put in to the job.
not good for a new grad
Long Term Care Charge Nurse, RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 25, 2014
pass medications and do treatments on patients and institute doctors orders as they come in.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not an enjoyable environment
Experience is still the same as the original statement no changes
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 24, 2014
Experience is still the same as the original statement no changes
Pros
already done
Cons
already done
Very Productive and also very professional,comfortable place for work.
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHApril 14, 2014
A typical day at work is getting to work serving residents breakfast, getting residents up for the day, giving showers, bed making, cleaning up after breakfast, get residents ready for lunch, serving lunch, and help feed residents that need assistance.

All the employees are very hard working and great to work with!

Th most enjoyable part of the job is building such strong relationships with the residents.
Productive steady & fast paced job!
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHNovember 30, 2013
It's a great atmosphere with the ability to learn new things. I've learned about the Jewish Culture, Kosher Law,& how outgoing they are. Co-workers we all get along good. There is know hard part in my job I love it!!! Getting the chance to greet & serve my customers makes my day enjoyable.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
a challenging environment made worth it by the amazing residents
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beachwood OhioOctober 11, 2013
A fast paced, challenging environment. RNs are well compensated and earn every penny. Residents can be lovely and I miss many of them. In a typical day there is little time for a break and the demands placed on the RN can be overwhelming at times. I was able to develop excellent time management skills. My co-workers were pleasant for the most part. the most enjoyable part of the job was the possibility to develop rewarding relationships with residents as I advocated for them.

Menorah Park Center for Senior Living Reviews by Location