Mental Health America of Los Angeles Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAOctober 4, 2015
I would come in at 8:40AM and begin checking all the fridges in the building. At 9:00 I stocked the food cart and make my rounds after that I will go and see if anyone needed my help. At 9:30 I would make more rounds with the cart. this will continue until 12:00PM.

A lot of the time my supervisor will call some of us to do specific things other than the food cart. These things would usually take up our entire time.

I learned that I am good with people and how well I am at tolerating bad co workers.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with a co workers who would were lazy and didn't do much and having to work with them.

The most enjoyable part the job was the feeling I got while working.
Pros
Free snacks
Great Place to work
Job Developer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2015
Great staff and trainings. Their approach to Mental Health is very interesting and the clients are very engaged in the process.
Excellent Company to practice true Core values and hope for people
Team Leader/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 15, 2014
Excellent company to work for. I enjoy the flexibility to teach, motivate, inspire my co-workers to remember why we are in the helping field to begin with. Helping them to rediscover what brought them here in the first place and seeing that light come on when they have realized their abilities once again!
Pros
flexibility, structure
Cons
consistency, advancement, raises
Productive No Nonsense Management Focused On The Individual
Custodial Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 4, 2014
This company has been very good to me. When I didn't have much money I could always look forward to the paycheck every couple of weeks. I had fun meeting new people and ultimately developing my work related skills with help of course from the capable staff.
Pros
good pay, friendly staff.
Cons
no healtcare opts.
Agenicies that Cares about Employees and Clients
RECOVERY PERFORMANCE ASSISTANT/ QUALITY ASSURANCE (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2012
In my current role with MHA I am a part of teh Quality Assurance Department. It is my job to ensure the our agency , assists clients overcoming barriers, maintaining and completing objectives and transitioning to a happy, healthy and stable lifestyle. I have learned so much appreciation for the mental health field, and an appreciation for life. I have a great working relationship with our clients and staff alike. Due to the lack of upward mobilities within the agency. The most challenging part of my job is the realization that addictions exist, crisis existin peoples lives, and all we can do is support others through their circumstances in life. , I have began to consider exploring opportunities outside of MHA. The best part of my job is asissting staff with development, training and effectively supporting our client population
benefits
Cons
lack of room for growth
Wonderful people
Personal Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 1, 2014
A life-changing experience. I learned so much while there. I was sad to leave. The only issue was the low pay for non-therapy degree holding staff. The first job I had ever loved.
It was a good first job in this field
Personal Service Coordinator/ Therapist/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2014
A job to learn how community mental health works. It is a job you can do and learn stuff at.
Pros
experience
Cons
creativity
Not a job
Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2013
I learned several things
I did group work with my classmates
Pros
learned various things.

4.3