Status: Full-time, exempt; 40 hrs - includes working some direct care hours:
Sun & Mon (off)
Tues 9AM-5PM (Administrative Time)
Wed 3PM-11PM (Direct Care)
Thurs 12PM-8PM (4hrs Administrative Time/4hrs Direct Care)
Fri 12PM-8PM (4hrs Administrative Time/4hrs Direct Care)
Sat 9AM to 5PM (Direct Care)
Respite for Springfield individuals who have a developmental disability. Operates 18-24 hours a day. Funded by the Department of Developmental Services (DDS).
Responsible for supervising, maintaining, and monitoring the daily activities of residents and staff in local community in assigned program; in compliance with the Federal, State and Association's policies and regulations.
Essential Position Functions
- Maintain and monitor environment and monitor daily living skills.
- Ensure physical and mental well being, safety, development and quality of care for residents in compliance with all Association, Federal and State policies, procedures and regulations.
- Review and check files, notes, records, reports, logs, medication records and other documentation for accuracy, completeness and use of proper procedures.
- Prepare and maintain various reports such as; progress reports, update records.
- Collect and deliver required reports, records and documentation to appropriate administration department in a timely manner. Collect and deliver room and board fee.
- Supervise assigned staff.
- Explain and enforce Association's policies, procedures and regulations. Train and develop staff.
- Develop schedules and assign work. With supervisor, plan and evaluate staff performance.
- Provide for all other routine employee related matters within the limits of established Association and program policy.
- Confer with supervisor on non-routine personnel or other related matters affecting staff.
- Review with supervisor per prescribed routine staffing case loads, clinical procedures, client procedures, client activities and well being and various other activities.
- Respond promptly to any and all medical and psychiatric emergencies.
- Notify supervisor promptly within specified time limit.
- Attend various meetings such as; supervisory, staff, ISP and others.
- Meet with psychiatrist to discuss resident treatment plans.
- Coordinate, schedule and attend medical and dental appointments with residents.
- Coordinate shopping for residents needs.
- Assist and participate in related community life-provider programs in a liaison capacity.
- Develop with staff and resident, program specific treatment plan and/or service agreement plans.
- Attend various workshops and training programs.
- Participate in "cluster" management program; supervising as indicated direct care staff in programs.
- Perform other similar or related duties as responsibilities necessitate or as assigned by supervisor.
- College degree strongly preferred and 2 years experience in related field necessary.
- Must include experience working with developmentally disabled population.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Proven ability to advocate, take initiative, problem solve, plan and lead.
- Strong verbal & written comm. skills and organizational skills required.
- Valid driver's license, good driving record, and reliable vehicle.
Indeed - 13 months ago