Mental Health Association

Mental Health Association Employee Reviews

Wonderful culture
Social Worker (Current Employee), ManhattanMay 20, 2015
Great culture wonderful people benefits okay, and MHA really cares about holding onto good employees. No supervision available.
Productive, supportive place to work.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Catskill, NYMay 13, 2015
Pros: supportive working environment
Great place to work. Great team work, organization contributes to pension plan. Very supportive management. Some room for advancement. This organization is always coming up with ideas and grants for new programs.
Productive and fun
Out Reach Worker (Current Employee), Springfield Ma.March 26, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: N/A
From the day I started at my site I immediately fit right in. Being the new guy I thought i would be heard or my opinions wouldn't matter it was the exact opposite, ideas about how to get things done or ideas on how we can collectively work smarter not harder. During my last supervision I was asked how do I relieve my stress from work and from home My reply was "coming to work relieves my stress from home and going home is my stress reliever from work".
I gained a great deal of knowledge and experience.
Case Manager (Former Employee), 1000 Twinbrook Pkwy, Rockville, MD 20851March 23, 2015
Cons: inconsisted management, 3 supervisors in 6 months.
I enjoyed working with Homeless Mentally Ill Adults in the Shelter Plus Care program. I interacted with clients on a regular basis. I assisted with applying for benefits, drove client to appointments, produced monthly reports and used the computer to enter notes. I helped clients look for new apartments and assisted in the moves.
Creative Wellness Coalition peer educator
Peer educator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 8, 2015
The Creative Wellness Coalition is a great place to go and share your story with people suffering with mental illnesses and give them hope that they can recover.
Organzation is geared towards provding services to clients with behavior/mental challenges
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, paFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: a friendly work, lay back environment
Cons: no advancement
I enjoyed the years working at MHASP. I provided administrative support to various directors for programs within the agency. Taking minutes, maintaining calendar appointments, scheduling conferences and travel. Providing assistance to management and peer who need help in using various software, Word, Excel, etc. Familar with EHR (Electronic Health Records System) putting information into the database for the consumer. Filing of various documents and setting new files as needed.
internship
Summer Internship Purdue University (Former Employee), Lafayette, INFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: liked the people
Cons: no pay
I was only there for a summer internship. I received no pay. people were friendly. I enjoyed was doing research for them. management was very caring for their clients.
Good Job with Flexable Hours.
Community Companion (Current Employee), Springfield, MAFebruary 1, 2015
Good company to work for with great flexable hours and ok pay grade.

Work with clients with Mental retardation and developmental disabilities.
MHA
Sandy Recovery Outreach Assistant (Former Employee), Verona, NJDecember 23, 2014
This was a great agency to work for with a passion for removing the stimga of mental health
They are trying
Program manager (Current Employee), Springfield, MADecember 3, 2014
They are trying to revamp themselves. Heading in the right direction, but still a long way to go. I worked there for over 7 years. It was very difficult to get promotion. They rather hire outside. Once at the Supervisory level there was no where else to move forward.
Recovery Worker (Current Employee), Southeastern, PANovember 25, 2014
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee), Verona, NJNovember 11, 2014
Pros: positive environment.
Cons: doesn't pay well at all.
Interesting work, great people, wonderful culture, doesn't pay enough to live off of.
Adovcate for individuals with Mental health illness
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Erie, PASeptember 23, 2014
Great place to work always interesting and you have fun and enjoy the type of work you are doing with the clientelle
Nice place to work
Respite/ Skill Builder (Current Employee), Hudson, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Loved working here. Everyone is very nice and helpful. Had issues with my boss. He treated me differently then other workers there. Everyone else always friendly and happy. Place is a job secure place, there are no advancements though. Benefits are good. Management isnt the best.
Loved doing the job but hours arent that good. Working till 9pm with a family doesnt work for everyone. and always working a weekend,
A large non-profit organization with multiple services and sites.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: parties
Cons: short breaks
I learned that office politics is for a certain type of person. The hardest part of the job was strengthening my technical skills using my own initiative. I really respected the founder of the organization and the direction he took the agency and the achievements he made in the Mental Health field.
Wonderful and supportive agency to work for
UCMHD Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Town of Ulster, NYAugust 11, 2014
Cons: not for profit, lower salaries
The managment and agency were great to work for. No compliants.
Learning Experience
Intake Counselor (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 8, 2014
Pros: supportive staff, a lot of down time
Cons: when there's a lot of calls, less down time.
As an Intake Counselor, it is less stressful than being a crisis counselor. You schedule initial intake appointments through the phone. If the caller is distress and appears to be in crisis, you have to conduct a risk assessment but that usually does not happen. It can be boring at times. The worse part of job is having to speak with service provides e.g. hospitals, outpatient clinics, etc. There are definitely job advancement working in the Mental Health Association.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Southeastern, PAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: paid sick days, vcation time, and raises
Cons: healhcare, training
Review all documents to be process for billing. Once everything was accurate enter data in system. Review client insurance to ensure was still active.

I leaned that not always what you have plan in your agenda goes as plan. Make sure you have plan "b".

Management treat everybody equal.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers.

Dealing with individuals when ask to work as a team respond is not in my job description.

Was able to interact with others and understand no matter who we are some of us have more needs than others.
Provide services assistance for Senior People
Adult Attendant Care (Current Employee), 555 n. Woodlawn Wichita,ks 67208July 19, 2014
Pros: time is flexable.
Cons: your work between your senior person who decide to be a self care.
Self Direct care for senior people who is physically needs assistance, could do shopping together or I do it alone, prepare food, help in getting resources for medical supplies, order medication, doctor visit, allow senior to attend some social activities, ext...
A meaningful job
Attendant Care Worker/Adult (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 17, 2014
If you are looking for a job that will really help others, this is a good place to work. As an Adult Attendant Care Worker, I helped others work on goals, get basic needs and was there to listen to them when they needed it. Along with all that, I learned how to fill out the necessary paperwork involved and developed good time management skills.

1 2 3